Learning Quickly

It Takes Two

 

[Heawon POV]

“You really think you can do this choreography? You barely saw it.” YoungBae asks, raising an eyebrow.

I shrug nonchalantly, but in the inside, I’m screaming. Seriously, what the hell was wrong with me? YoungBae was right; I barely saw the whole dance. But, in a way, he was also wrong. Yes, I only saw part of the choreography, but I watched their footwork. I know the intricacy of the dance.

“Choreography is all about repetitiveness and accurate footwork. The repetitiveness is just dancing the same moves for the chorus of the song, but changing it up a little at the last chorus. Accurate footwork is what I focus on. It’s all about going step by step.” I say.

YoungBae smiles. I have a feeling he also loves dancing. “Alright. Take Seungri’s position, dear choreographer.”

I share an awkward high five with Jiyong. I laugh. “Don’t call me that from now on. It’s weird.”

“Start the music, Daesung!” Jiyong shouts.

As the others get into position, I watch Daesung stride over and turn on the stereo. The same melody begins to play. It starts off with a piano. I glance over at the guys beside me. They’re all wearing the same expression, dead seriousness.

“Gojimal~”

I stare at the mirror and see that they’ve already started moving. With determination, I follow, just a bit off sync. Slowly, slowly, I start to catch up. I intensely watch YoungBae’s movements, since he’s the one who likes to dance accurately. Through the mirror, I follow his exact steps. Then I open my ears to the song. The rap—which must be Jiyong’s voice—is about to end. YoungBae turns and positions himself somewhere else, leaving the center spot open. That’s when I realize that I must be there next. Proving myself correct, Seungri’s voice sings a verse. I place myself in the center and the others form a ‘v’ behind me. At the corner of my eyes, I see Jiyong start taking steps towards me. I spin and switch place with him easily. As Jiyong is in the front again, the four of us form a line behind him.

Rapidly, the chorus plays and the boys turn with ease, going to their assigned spots. Momentarily confused, I bump into YoungBae as he tries to go to the center. He flashes me a quick smile and continues dancing. Then I find that I’m supposed to be in between Jiyong and YoungBae in the back, forming a ‘w’ this time.

“I’m so sorry but I love you. It’s all a lie~”

I smile this time, feeling confident for once. I walked in the studio during this time. Knowing the exact steps, I start moving my body. Quickly, I turn and move to the front then back. Step right. Jerk left. Step left. Jerk right. Spin. Clap. Repeat. Switch spots. During the song, I exchange a high five with Seunghyun. I softly laugh, having fun for once.

I’m usually so serious when I dance. But doing choreography like this is something I haven’t experienced yet. Dancing to original songs like this is refreshing. The song starts to come to an end and they start to gather to the center with Jiyong in the middle. I’m on left of Jiyong while Daesung is on his right. YoungBae and Seunghyun are behind us. After pumping our fist out two times, Daesung and I kneel to the side as the song finishes.

“Wah~” Jiyong claps loudly. I fall to my on the floor, breathing heavily. “That’s not bad, Heawon-ah.” He throws me a water bottle and I take a few gulps.

“Thanks.” I breathe out. I watch as they go to the benches and wipe their face with towels. That reminds me: I have to find my favorite towel out of my entire luggage.

“She was really good,” I hear YoungBae murmur to Jiyong, oblivious that I’m practically next to them. “But we need Seungri here. We all got distracted by her.”

I scrunch up my nose. Huh. All right, I see how it is. I speak up, “Can we do it again? I want to try one more time.”

They all snap their heads toward me, surprised. “You want to try it again?” Daesung asks. I spring up from the floor, smiling.

“Why not?” I ask, eyeing each of them.

They all share a look and shrug. I softly smile as they start to take their places. Happily, I stride over to the stereo and turn on the music. I quickly run to my place just in time the piano plays. Through the mirror, I see the guys exchange a couple of looks. I bow my head and let my hair cover my face as I smile slyly. Jiyong’s rap starts and, with the upmost ease, I sway my body.

~O~O~

“Okay,” YoungBae breathes. “You learn fast.”

I laugh. Did they really think I was worse than Seungri? Just on the second try, I nail the choreography with only one flaw. I forgot to clap my hands one time, but that’s easy to fix.

“I’ll be going now.” I announce, standing up from the floor.

“Why? Can’t you stay? I don’t even think Seungri is necessary anymore.” Jiyong says, laughing.

I laugh along, making my way towards the door. “No, but thanks. I’m sure Seungri will be devastated.” I walk out the door and bump into someone in the process. “Sorry.” I mutter, looking up. “Are you serious? You again?”

Seungri softly chuckles. “Well, sorry to you, too.” I flash half a smile and start walking around him. “Wait,” He says, catching my wrist. He looks me levelly in the eyes. “You did really well in there.”

I stare into his eyes for a few moments. I open my mouth then I close it. He smirks, probably happy to see that he’s caught me speechless for once. Instead of making a remark, I let a smile spread over my face. I take my wrist away from his grasp and take two steps back, away from him.

“I’m sure you’ll do better, Seungri.” I say softly before turning around and walking away.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: I haven't been updating as frequently, aren't I? I'm so sorry -bows- But school is starting next week for me and it's my first year in high school. I've been busy preparing myself, mentally and physically. So, please enjoy this double update for today!

I hope you enjoyed it! Also, please comment? I'd like to hear some thoughts (: