Constant Replay

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

I choke on my water as our choreographer—I mean Heawon—steps in front of the table. Everyone rises up from the table except me. I simply stare at her, gaping. She’s the one I danced with at the club!

I suddenly get kicked under the table. I flinch slightly and look up at Seven hyung. “Yah, stand up and greet our new member!” He hisses at me under all the introductions. As I stand up, Seven hyung introduces himself. He extends his hand out to her. “I’m Choi Dong Wook. But you can call me Seven.” He smiles at her.

Then everybody turns the attention at me. I gulp and slyly wipe my sweaty hands against my jeans before extending my hand out. I smile, hoping it didn’t come out as nervous. “I’m Lee Seunghyun. You can call me Seungri.”

“Hello, everybody.” Heawon says. She bows deeply. “Thank you for having me.” She smiles. And I’m suddenly reminded of that smirk she had under those flashing lights in the club that night. I shudder silently as we all take out seats.

I watch YG hyung in disbelief as he gestures for Heawon to take his seat—which was right next to me. I see a slight blush creep on her cheeks as she shyly sits down beside me. I lock eyes with Jiyong hyung briefly and he wiggles his eyebrows at me. Jiyong hyung quickly turn his attention back to Dara noona as Heawon shyly smiles at me, looking uncomfortable.

I silently push the extra bowl of rice in front of her, simply talking with my eyes. She blinks and bows a little in acknowledgement. She picks up her chopsticks and starts eating. I watch her eat and my eyes rest on her lips. That dance between us flashed in my mind once more; I could almost feel her hot, heavy breaths hitting my face. I mentally shake my head and focus on my food, eating silently as well.

Yes, it was pretty uncomfortable, since we did dance together at a club one night. And since I felt attracted to her. I glance around the table, wondering if any of my hyungs could recognize her. They were all just joking around as usual; they must’ve been too drunk to remember Heawon’s face. But I wasn’t drunk and I remember her perfectly. And this uncomfortable silence it killing me.

“So, Heawon,” YoungBae hyung says. “Besides dancing, what do you like?”

Heawon wipes before speaking, a complete lady. “Music, of course.”

That sparked all of our interest. YG High just doesn’t focus on dancing; it also focused on music itself. Not to brag, but we all can sing, too. We’ve even recorded some songs so we could dance along with something new. And, I must say, we all sound pretty damn awesome.

“You can sing?” Daesung hyung asks.

Heawon shakes her head. “No, but I listen to music a lot because it’s pretty hard to find good ones that you can actually dance to. Besides, it’s also my guidance.”

YG hyung lightly chuckles. “I like that answer. Now I know I made the right choice in picking you.”

Heawon simply smiles and continues to eat her food, politely answering whatever questions were thrown at her. Man, she wasn’t this polite at the club. Again, I shake the forming scenes away. Jeez, this better not be a habit when she’s around.

~O~O~

[Heawon POV]

At first, I thought I was being pranked or something. But after hearing them ask me questions and seeing the way they interact with each other, maybe this might be a nice “family” after all. Yes, YG-shi did go through all the trouble of explaining every single thing to me, starting from YG High all to the way to the YG Family. From watching the scenes in front of me, I’m finally convinced that YG-shi has a way with bonding with other people.

I quietly laugh against the loud laughter when everyone tries to imitate YG-shi’s voice. Surprisingly, YG-shi doesn’t seem mad. I turn my head and watch Seungri expertly imitate him. I laugh again, finding him cute. I quickly push the scenes from the club away, the same scene that’s been replaying in my mind ever since that night.

“Heawon-ah,” Someone calls me. I look up from my food in surprise. Jiyong smiles at me nicely. He’s already calling me informally? Do these people actually already take me in the “YG Family”? It’s another point for them.

“It seems like I’ve seen you before.” He says, making Seungri stiffen beside me.

I bite my lip, remembering him in the group in the club. I shake my head slightly. “You don’t look familiar.” I lie.

Jiyong just simply smiles at me and continues eating, glancing at Seungri. I hear Seungri growl under his breath. I give him a confused look. “Are you okay?” I ask him. He turns to me with widened eyes. He quickly nods and continues to stuff his mouth, implying that he doesn’t want to talk. I shrug it off and continue eating my food, somewhat in peace.

Every time I look at Seungri—looking into his eyes—I’m reminded of our dance. I shudder. If it wasn’t his moves, then it was his eyes that left a deep mark in me. I can’t help but to find his eyes cute and y at the same time. At the club, under those flashing lights, he came off as a y, confident dancer. But here, sitting next to him with his “family” around, he’s an adorable guy.

Without realizing it until now, I’m smiling like an idiot at my chopsticks.

I hear Seungri softly laugh beside me. I glance at him, only to find that he was staring at me, amusement bright as day on his face.

Nice way to leave a good impression.