Back To Business

It Takes Two

 

[Next Week]

[Heawon POV]

I glare at my calendar. I can’t believe I let Seungri make me stay home the whole week last week. We only have this week left until the competition. I’m going to kill him when my arms get completely better. I sigh. I grab the glass of water and painkillers from my nightstand and gulp it down.

Seungri brought over a doctor a few days ago. The doctor said that Seungri did a good thing for making me rest a whole week. He said the wounds have immensely gotten better, making Seungri smirk at me for that. I swear: the boy is still childish no matter what the circumstance. I quickly change into my sweats afterwards and go straight to the dance studio. I see all the boys there already. They stop stretching and eye me shockingly.

“Good,” I say. “You’re all here. Let’s start, shall we?”

“Wait a second—“ Seungri starts, making his way towards me.

I stop him. “The doctor said I can continue practice this week if I keep taking the medicine.”

“And have you?”

“Yes.” I roll my eyes. “Now move.”

Seungri sighs and goes back to his previous spot, not looking as energetic as usual. I soften up instantly. I place my stuff down on the bench and walk to the front. On my way there, I kiss Seungri softly on the lips. His eyes shine and I continue on with today’s practice. We have to kick it in full gear now, considering how there have been too many setbacks.

~O~O~

“Let’s just try it once.” I say, almost begging. I ignore the other boys in the room as I talk to Seungri.

Seungri shakes his head stubbornly. “No. You’ve just recovered.”

“But come on! I’m better now.”

“Doesn’t matter.” He says. “You could get hurt again.”

“You won’t know until we try.” I reply back.

I see Seungri starting to falter. “But, Heawon, I—“

I grab his arms pleadingly. “Please! The only way there won’t be mistakes is when we keep practicing. Even you know that.”

Seungri lets out a deep sigh, obviously declaring defeat. “Alright.”

We bring out the mats and tell the others to sit on the benches. The music starts and we start doing the routine. Everything is flawless until we get to the big stunt. To be honest, I am worried. But we’ve got to include this into the choreography. I trust my instincts and they’re telling me to include this. This is pure gold. I can’t just file this move away and use it some other time. This is the perfect time to do it.

Seungri’s head makes contact with mine and he hauls me over him. I briefly stand on his back before I jump off and do a flip in the air. I land on my stomach on the mat. In a second, Seungri is by my side.

“Are you okay? You didn’t hit your arm, right? You’re not hurting?” He anxiously asks.

I smile, unable to hide it. “I’m fine… We did it, you know.”

Seungri pauses. I spot a hint of a smile on his face. “But you didn’t stick the landing.”

“We can fix that with a little more practice.” I say, raising my eyebrows up and down.

“Aish… Stubborn.” He mutters darkly as he helps me up.

I ignore it and address the others, “What do you think?”

“Honestly, it’s beautiful.” YoungBae says, clapping. “Just don’t hurt yourself anymore, arasso? Seungri’s been a wreck a whole week.” He winks at Seungri.

I see Seungri blush at the corner of my eyes and I smile. He’s too caring. I glance at the clock, 8:37 p.m. “Let’s go out to eat?” I ask, smiling. “My treat.”

“Oh yeah!” They shout happily. The four of Seungri’s hyungs run out the studio instantly. Seungri entwines his fingers with mine and we walk out. He drops me off at my dorm and I take a shower, getting ready. I slip on my favorite jeans that make my legs look great and slip on a black tank top, showing off my curves and slim waist. I walk out the bathroom, drying my hair with a towel. I check my wallet to see if I have enough money to feed the boys. Knowing them, they’re probably going to order a lot if I’m taking them to a restaurant. Satisfied with the amount, I take a look into my closet. I put on an over the shoulder white knit oversized shirt. A look that’s casual yet formal, my kind of style. I smile, happy that I finally wear my other clothes other than my dance clothes and sweats.

I run my hands over my hair, scrunching up my nose. It’s still wet. I shrug and start running lip gloss over my lips. I apply light eyeliner and toss my hair back and forth, as if it was going to magically dry with a few tosses. I slip on my designer sneakers and start making my way over to the boys’ dorm, making sure I have my wallet and phone with me.

I knock once, twice before Seungri opens the door. He freezes once he looks at me up and down. I let out a laugh, feeling content. I touch his face. “You guys ready?” I ask him as he lets me in.

“Jiyong hyung and Seunghyun hyung are still getting ready.” He says, making a face.

“Almost done!” Jiyong screams from the bathroom. YoungBae and Daesung accompany us in the living room. They give me a thumb up at the wardrobe. I chuckle. Seungri plays with my hair mindlessly with his arm over my shoulder.

“You smell pretty.” He comments. He instantly flushes as I laugh with his other hyungs. “I’m not thinking straight.” He mutters.

“Intoxicated by my beauty, eh?” I sarcastically ask, elbowing him in the ribs. He laughs out loud and pinches my nose.

“Let’s go!” Jiyong and Seunghyun suddenly appear, completely dressed in a whole get up. We walk out the building and pile into the car. Seungri wraps his arm over my shoulder and plays with my wet hair once again. I lean my head against his shoulder, feeling extremely content. As if reading each other’s minds, we let out a sigh and smile at each other.

His eyes sparkle as he meets my eyes. I really haven’t seen gorgeous eyes like his before. It’s as if it’ll take me in completely. And I think I already have. No, I just don’t like Seungri. It’s more than that, and I guess it always has been.

With the look in his eyes and that knowing smile, I’m pretty sure he feels the same. My heart flutters.