Among Motives

It Takes Two

 

A/N: Yes, another weird author's note :3

Big Bang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K8YWuiIbmY

---------------------------------------------

[Heawon POV]

I stiffly watch them dance, still not recovering over what Chansung said. I want to rip his tongue out so bad. But as I watch them, I start to see that their hands are precise and how they show—Aish!

I can’t praise them. I refuse to. This is a competition. This is a war. I can’t let the opponent tear me down. I have to stay determined and strong. Come on, Heawon, you can do this. You can win this, I silently tell myself. But their dance seems to lag on forever. I need to have faith in my boys. I know I trained them well so far and I know how much potential they have.

After what seems like years, 2PM finally finish. Chansung flashes a wicked smile at me; showing off. I scoff and look away, hoping he doesn’t see right through me like he used to do. I feel my lips quiver. Feeling frustrated at my weakness, I bite down on my bottom lip hard. I hate this.

I take in a deep breath and direct my gaze towards my boys. I motion for them to come to the center. With the up-most confidence, they come forward, waiting for me to put up a song. I know they think they aren’t prepared, that’s why they’re fidgeting so much. But I smirk and change the song back to my CD. I press play and turn around. I see recognition light up their eyes as one of their recorded originals start to play. I smile. Shake It by Big Bang: one of my favorite songs to dance to now.

I tap my foot along with the music. I glance at the other group. They seem surprised at all the songs I play. YG artists are more talented than simple dancing. They need to recognize that. Halfway to the song, I smile, unable to contain my pride in the boys. They’re doing well. I’m glad Seunghyun actually took my advice to lip-sync during his dance solo parts. I’m pretty sure he knows he can’t dance like YoungBae. 

The boys end their dance with a fist pump in the air. I smile widely at each other them, nodding in approval once again. I turn to the other group as I walk backwards to my team. I give them a challenging smirk, forgetting about a certain someone among them.

Taecyeon claps slowly, mockingly. “Nice job. But I think you need to work on your facial expressions. No one wants pretty boys on the scene.” He says, sneering the words “pretty boys”.

Seungri scoffs. “How about you guys look at each other before calling us that? Obviously, you guys only rely on appearance.”

Junho laughs. “At least we can freestyle unlike someone among you.”

“It’s too bad I didn’t see any of that. All I saw was crap.” I snap instantly.

Chansung lets out a hearty laugh. “Defensive now, aren’t we, Heawon-ah?”

“Shut up!” Seungri says the same time I say it.

I blush deeply and clear my throat so everyone’s attention will be on me. I place my hands on my hips and look at them haughtily. “So, is that all? We would like to continue our lives.” I sarcastically remark.

“You tell us.” Junsu challenges, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I simply roll my eyes and turn around. I walk past my group and linger in the back, where I should’ve stayed the whole time.

“Wait! We just have one more thing to show them.” I hear Chansung’s voice announce. I scrunch up my nose at my sudden heavy heart whenever I simply hear his voice. “Cue music.” He says.

Deep beats play and I outstretch my neck, curiosity getting the best of me. Chansung smiles a deep mocking smile at me and my eyes turn into slits, suspicious. We all watch as the 2PM boys follow along with the song with a hint of techno. I’ve never heard this song before…

My body stands still as I watch two of them get into position, one knee on the floor with one hand outstretched. I lose my breath and my eyes start to water. No. I abruptly rise up and stride to the front, not caring who I’m pushing. He couldn’t have… My head starts to pound harshly and my chest tightens up. I clench my hands into fists. He lied. He told me he didn’t know how to do it. He lied to me!

Just as another member jumps over their arms, they start to dance again. I feel suffocated by the minute, but… my eyes can’t break away. The betrayal behind this dance is so strong that I can’t even seem to break away from the memories it brings me. Just as it finishes, Chansung does a flip and stares directly at me. He smiles brightly, daring me to say something about it. He walks up to me and evens his face with mine.

My throat clogs up as I see him look at me like he did back then. I restrain myself from crying. Not in front of him. “I just thought you would like to see something extra.” He murmurs huskily.

I feel my nails digging into the palms of my hands as I speak up, my voice suddenly hoarse. “Don’t think you’re the only one with tricks up your sleeves.” I say loudly. I muster up the best intense stare I have. But it’s pretty hard to see with my tears getting in the way. I know he sees it from the way his eyes sparkle with amusement. “Bring it on.” I mumble darkly to him.

“Mmm. I’d be glad to.” He whispers. “It’s good to see you again, my sweet beloved Heawon.” He flashes one last taunting smile and walks back to his group. I watch him with saddened eyes as he addresses everybody this time. “It was nice meeting you all. Good luck. You’re going to need it.” He chuckles, letting our eyes meet one last time before a warm hand snatches me away.

Once out of the building, I exhale deeply and heavily. A tear falls from my cheek and I know I can’t hold it in any longer. With my head hanging low, I speak to the person who brought me out of the building. “I’ll be running. Don’t wait up for me.” I shakily breathe out. Without giving them time to reply, I turn around and start kicking my legs into full speed. The tears I’ve been holding back for so long finally streak down my cheeks. A terrifying sob escapes my throat.

Why does my heart still hurt so much after all these years?