Other Groups

It Takes Two

A/N: Girl Group dances, anyone?

Min Solo: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJw7gNAwrQ&feature=fvst

Miss A: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhhUR4ApHEo

Minzy Solo: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGbY0H2DNCk&feature=related

--------------------------------------------------------------

[Author POV]

[D-Day]

“Unnie, what about this move?”

“Heawon, do you know where I can do this?”

“Help me, Heawon. I need advice.”

“I can’t do this. I can’t do this.”

“Heawon unnie, can I squeeze this move in here?”

“Don’t you think this will do, Heawon?”

Questions. Questions are thrown everywhere around the dance studio, directly addressing a particular person. Heawon doesn’t answer and anxiously rubs the back of her neck. Aish. They’re going to ask all of these now? Where did all their confidence go? She thought silently. She pulls a straight face and shouts, “Enough!” Instantly everyone in the room goes quiet. Heawon walks around the studio, looking charismatic and confident.

“Look I know you all are nervous, but it isn’t going to help if you add something extra last minute or ask questions last minute. We’re going to that competition in ten minutes. By the time we get there, you’ll only have five minutes to get your head straight and clear.” She says, her voice full of authority. She stops, everyone’s eyes on her.

“I didn’t stay for nothing.” She smiles. “You guys have brilliant talent and you’re going to prove it out there tonight. Don’t think once on stage. Trust me.” She points to her temple. “All your constant and harsh practices are etched into your mind. Think and you’re finished. Let your mind be clear and simply let your body do the work. I know you all know what I’m talking about.”

Her smile widens as she spies something sparkle in each of their eyes: their confidence. She claps her hands excitedly. “Arasso! Let’s go kick some !” She shouts, making everyone laugh. Everyone piles into his or her vans and they head off for the competition. It’s tense silence in both vans as two groups are heavy with their worries despite the confidence boost from their loved choreographer. In a matter of minutes, they all reach the place where the competition is held. Entering the underground event, all their hearts start pounding wildly against their chests.

Nevertheless, Heawon watches her groups hold their head up high against the eyes of opponents. Heawon eyes each group, reading their names: f(x), SHINee, 4Minute, BEAST, Miss A and 2PM. Heawon ignores the eyes of a certain someone from 2PM, feeling nothing but building adrenaline inside her. 2NE1 and Big Bang file into their practice rooms, adrenaline pumping inside them as well.

Heawon goes around, helping each of them stretch and helps them calm down. With a tired sigh, she plops down on an empty chair. Seungri spots her and walks over, massaging her shoulders smoothly. Heawon’s shoulders relax from their tense pose. She looks up the same time Seungri looks down at her. They smile.

“Are you ready?” She asks softly.

Seungri nods. Despite the answer, his throat is clogged up from nervousness. “I already prayed.” He murmurs out.

She smiles. “I prayed for everyone already.”

He chuckles. Jiyong calls for him and Seungri kisses Heawon before he goes. Heawon watches silently as her groups prepare, quickly going over the choreography and talking in hushed tones as if someone could steal the idea. Heawon’s eyes suddenly water. She wishes that she could’ve danced in a group instead of just a duo back then. Maybe she wouldn’t have been betrayed.

She shakes her head rapidly. No, she can’t think of this now. She must concentrate on these people. It’s their time, not hers. Suddenly, the MC’s voice is heard throughout the whole place.

“Ladies and gentlemen! It’s time for the spectacular rare event held every few years. If you’re here now, take this as a once in a lifetime chance to see the action live. This year, I can already tell these groups are going to make a name for their selves. How about I stop jabbering and get this party started? From SM High, it’s f(x)!”

All the groups join the crowds, watching f(x) take the stage. “Do it, do it, chu~ It’s true, true, true. It’s you~” The music plays. Heawon raises an eyebrow. Don’t tell me this is a cute concept, She thought silently. For the rest of the performance, Heawon stays quiet and simply watches. The crowd erupts in cheers as f(x) leaves with a bow. The MC then announces the next girl group to encounter f(x)’s performance: 4Minute.

4Minute dances strongly, making Heawon almost think their fierceness is at level with 2NE1’s. Heawon shakes her head, stubborn that her groups are the best. After applause from the audience, the MC announces the next group. Both 2NE1 and Heawon watch as one of the Miss A members confidently step onto the stage. Heawon watches, confused. As the music plays, Heawon finally realizes.

“They stole our solo idea.” She mumbles. Maybe she shouldn’t have let Minzy have a solo during their meeting with them. Heawon spots f(x) and 4Minute share looks of astonishment. Probably frustrated that they didn’t think of a solo dance for them. Right when the song ends, the rest of Miss A dance on the stage.

Heawon’s eyes grow wide. Since when did they do their own-recorded songs? She silently exclaimed. By this point, Heawon was fuming. She clenches her hands into fists as she watches Miss A perform the rest of their dance. CL nudges Heawon softly, giving her an assuring nod. The crowd hollers once the performance ended.

“That’s pretty tough to beat, isn’t it? How about we give it up for our last—but certainly not least—girl group? But wait, these girls seem like they want to add a little more spice. Everybody, clap your hands together for Minzy of 2NE1!” The MC screams, making the people scream. Heawon massages Minzy’s shoulders before she runs out. Instantly, Minzy pulls up her hood and does a stance as the music starts.

“Gotta get that. Gotta get that.”

Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas erupts through the speakers and the crowds scream at the song. The crowd screams even louder as Minzy starts popping and locking her body like a professional. Heawon nods, eventually smiling. Almost like a blink of an eye, the song ends and the MC announce 2NE1’s real performance.

“I’m thinking we’re just getting started here! Give it up for 2NE1!”