Experienced Wrongly

It Takes Two

 

[Heawon POV]

“What do you mean he betrayed you?” Seungri asks, a hint of anger in his voice. I slightly smile at him, subconsciously amused by the annoyance in his eyes from my statement.

“He betrayed me. I guess you could say we were dating through out the years; I mean we loved each other. Then he signed us up for two competitions in that year. For the first competition, we worked day and night trying to make a perfect routine. In the end, we won first place. We were so piped up about it that our confidence grew in ourselves. We were ready to take on the second competition, but that wasn’t until the second half of the year. So, we practiced everyday. But something changed in Chansung as the days went by.

“He kept getting frustrated a lot more easily; like I would miss a step and he would push me and yell at me to get it right. He wasn’t even being playful anymore. Our practice meets would be full of yelling and pushing, and they were all from him. It was weird, but I went along with him anyway, thinking he was just nervous about the competition. Then he told me he changed the whole choreography.”

My eyes went distant again as I recall Chansung telling me that he changed the choreography two weeks before the competition. Of course, I freaked out. But, strangely enough, I didn’t get any comfort from him. All I got from him was a “You’ll do fine”.

“He wanted to do something exciting and different added into our dance. Something that other teams would never think of and he gave me the responsibility to think of something. I didn’t sleep for three nights in a row all because I was thinking of what to do. That’s when I came up with something, something that was probably one of my best routines ever. Chansung was all for it, actually flashing me a smile for the first time in months. We worked hard to get it right.”

I blink a couple of times, regaining my eyesight. I grip Seungri’s hands, calling his attention to me. “Remember that last routine 2PM showed us before we left?”

“Yeah? It was pretty impressive. I don’t know how we’re going to—“

“That was my idea.” I cut him off, my voice suddenly cold.

Seungri looks at me for a moment with an incredulous look. “Are you freaking kidding me?” He explodes. He lets go of my hands and stands up. He runs his hands through his hair. “That jerk… Stealing…her idea…bastard…” I distinctly hear him mutter. I simply watch him pace back and forth. After a while, he sighs and sits next to me closely, our arms touching warmly. He looks at me once more. “Go on.” He softly smiles.

I take in a deep breath, preparing myself to remember what happened during the competition.

“At the day of the competition, we watched all the other people while practicing. Chansung was serious the whole time and I, being his girlfriend at the time, couldn’t even get him to loosen up. I hated it. But I didn’t even put that much effort into cheering him up for two reasons. One was because I knew he wouldn’t loosen up in the first place. And second,” I sigh a deep sigh and continue.

“And secondly, I was too damn exhausted already. Chansung made me practice day and night and I stayed up three nights straight to figure out that routine. Then he went and changed it two weeks before? It was pure hell… I was stupid for letting Chansung go home early every night. And because of exhaustion, I couldn’t dance right at all. I was drowsy and weak. Then Chansung ‘noticed’ me being so tired that he told me to sit backstage.

“I couldn’t think straight and I sat down anyway. He told me to close my eyes and concentrate. Before I knew it, I woke up in an empty building.”

“Excuse me?” Seungri exclaims. “He left you there?”

I scoff bitterly. “It would’ve been better if he’d done that. But no, he did something far worse. He went ahead and did the competition without me. I remember walking to the stage where a single spotlight was on. On the floor was a little stupid note and photo from Chansung.”

“What did it say?” Seungri asks, calming himself down.

’It’s a good thing you fell asleep. I’m glad you love me so much or else this plan wouldn’t have worked. I did the performance without you and J.Y. Park from JYP High scouted me. Thanks for the help!’” I recite the note with a bitter voice. You have no idea how much I re-read that note so many times. You have no idea how much pain wracked into my heart because of his carefree words. “It was as if he didn’t care how I could’ve passed out anytime soon.” I whisper, more to myself than to Seungri.

“That damn bastard.” I hear Seungri curse. I feel him wrap his arm around my shoulders gently. “You said he left a photo as well…?”

“Yeah,” I nod. “It was a picture of him holding the first place trophy with J.Y. Park. On the back, he wrote ‘Thanks for helping me land a spot in his school!’

Suddenly, Seungri entwines his hand with mine and stands up. I look up at him, surprised. “Come on.” He says, pulling me up.

“To where?” I ask as he starts leading me out my dorm.

“To ease off the pain.” He smiles softly as me. He starts running eventually making me run as well. After a while, we end up in the dance studio. Seungri makes me stand in the middle and lets go of my hands. He turns and turns on the stereo to a techno song. He stupid starts dancing like those lame robot moves, actually making me laugh.

He grabs my hands once more starts making me flail my arms around dumbly. I shake my head repeatedly, extremely happy that he can change my mood so quickly. Seungri lets go and starts dancing to the techno music seriously this time. Once done, he gestures for me to try. I nod my head in time with the beat until I start moving my body. I smile. I haven’t done techno in a while.

Then the song suddenly changes to country. And I find Seungri hopping around me as if he’s riding a horse. Almost instantly, we start dancing the electric slide with his hand in mine. Then it changes once more to a hip-hop song and we battle like we did before. I feel my adrenaline pumping wildly as I continue to change my genre of dances as the song changes. A “club-banger” song comes on and Seungri pulls me close by the waist.

I lock eyes with Seungri. I haven’t felt my adrenaline charging in such a long time. My veins pump against my skin and my heart pounds erratically through my chest.

It feels so comfortable, so right.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Ah~ It feels so good to update again. Four updates in one day? I think it'll suffice for now! 

Comment? (: