Chapter 44

Forbidden Love

Hyuna's POV

I frowned at the message that I just received from Amber, asking for me to meet up with the girls. "What are you thinking about?" Kai asked, walking into the kitchen. I shook my head and shoved my phone into my pocket, before returning to the preparation of breakfast. He nodded his head and sat behind the breakfast bar. "What's for breakfast?" he asked, clasping his hand together.

 

"I was trying out a new recipe for soft tofu soup." I replied, opening the lid of the pot. "How does it smell?" I asked, turning to him with a smile. He nodded his head with a wide smile across his face. After setting up the food for him, his eyes were still on me but he wasn't saying anything. Knowing Kai for so long, he was probably caught between wanting to give me privacy but also worried for me.

 

I let out a sigh and took a seat opposite of him. "Amber text me earlier on, asking me to meet up with her and the girls... I was thinking if I should go..." I took him the issue. As much as I want Kai out from this situation, I know it is impossible. If he didn't stop years ago, what makes you think he will stop now?  "No... I will be going but I am afraid that something will happen to me... However... I don't want you to be there..." I explained after he narrowed his eyes.
 

He nodded his head as he took a sip of the soup. "Well, the soup is good. What did you add in it?" he asked, stirring up the contents in the soup. "Are you planning to add it in the shop menu?" he asked.

 

"It is a secret and yes I have plans to do that." I paused, studying him. "Why ain't you answering me?" I asked, frowning.

 

He reached over and placed his fingers over the area between my eyebrows. He applied a gently force before rubbing it in circular motion. "Stop frowning." he scolded gently. "You told me what you wanted to do already.. I will be there if you're truly afraid. However, I will be from afar. If anything goes wrong, you can just ring me." he nodded his head. "Stop stressing. I promised to take care of you and if you know me..."

 

"You never break a promise." I smiled and replied. "Thanks oppa..." I smiled.

 

 

I took a deep breath and walked into the empty cafe. "Hyuna! Over here!" Amber said, walking over to me. Her voice changed to a softer tone, "Don't worry, if anything happen, I will call Kai for you. I will make sure nothing happens to you." she nodded her head gently before leading me to the corner. "They booked the whole cafe today so be careful." she added softly before moving over to them.

 

Luna folded her arms across her chest as she judge me from my head to toes. "I thought you'd chicken out at meeting me. I see you have grown some couage after the last incident." she smirked.

 

I took a seat opposite of her, unfathered. "After what you done last incident, what would I be afraid of now? What is the worse you guys can do? Kill me? You don't even have any courage to do it." I spatted at her.

 

I never knew I would hate her so much. Throughout this whole time, I was afraid. I was so scared of her, so terrified of what she could have in plan for me next. I was even feeling guilty for setting Sehun to go after Krystal... However, after seeing their snobby faces now... I am angry, fury. I never did anything to them and there they go.. Sending a group of boys against me.

 

Luna's eyes widen for a split second before she waved to Krystal and Victoria. They tossed a box onto the table and returned to their folded arms position. I reached over and opened the box gently. I was wary about what may popped up but was only greeted by a white strapless dress folded messily in it and a diamond necklace chucked messily in it. I smiled, pulling the box closer to me as I inspect it before letting out a soft chuckle.

 

"Judging by your face, you figured how this dress came to exist." I smiled, looking up at them as I closed the lid down. I pushed it back to them. "I don't take things that have been worn. It was meant for me but you being so shameless, you must have it huh?" I asked softly. "Be careful there Luna.. If the people doesn't know better, they'd think you're jealous of me."

 

"You-"

 

I held up my hand slowly. "Don't worry. Kris and I have nothing now. Knowing that you guys are engaged, I have already backed down. What more do you guys want from me?" Luna wanted to speak again but I cut her off again. "Unlike others, I am not shameless to the extend that I will cling on or do dirty deeds behind.

 

"You!" Luna shouted angrily, grabbing for a glass of water and preparing to splash on me. I closed my eyes, waiting for the water but it never came. Luna let out a shock gasp and the glass clink loudly as it landed onto the floor. "O.. oppa.."

 

My eyes opened slowly to see Kris shielding me from the water. He shot Luna a glare. "What are you doing here?" he asked in a quiet and cold tone. Despite being his friend for the longest time, this was one tone which I have never dealt with. It was soft but we could all feel the threat behind it. "Must you create a scene for your own mistakes?" he asked again, removing his glance from Luna.

 

My eyes landed on the girls and they were looked scared and almost like they were trembling. "Gwenchanna." I spoke out softly, placing my arm on Kris' arm. His tense body seems to relax slightly from my touch. I stood up from my seat, "This will be the last time I will ever agree to meeting with you guys. I will get out of your life, provided you get out of mine."

 

I turned to walk away but Kris' hand tighten around my wrist. "Can we have a talk?" he asked in a tired and vulnerable tone, almost like he was begging for me to stay.

 

I shook my head and forced a smile before turning to him. "Let's make this farewell easier for all of us." His grip tighten instead of loosening when I went tugging on it. "Please, oppa..."

 

"Hyuna, it's time to go." Kai's voice called out from behind me. I turned to see him standing by the door while looking at the grip on my wrist. He walked over quickly, placing his hand on my wrist and another on Kris's hand before prying it off gently. He pushed me behind him gently. "Look I already told you.. If you can't take care of her, I will." he said in a firm tone before looking past his shoulder. "Since you're engaged, please leave Hyuna out of this. Your fiancee is too nuts for Hyuna here. We are in agreement for that, no?"

 

After a pause of silence, Kai added softly. "We will get going. I have settled the pay for you guys and let's make sure this is our last farewell." he gave a firm nod before walking out of the cafe with me. "Are you alright?" he asked, turning to face me suddenly while cupping my face into his hands.

 

"Thank gosh you came on time." I let out a relieved breath.

 

He smiled while swinging his arm over my shoulder casually. "Amber called me and I knew something was wrong the moment I heard Kris' voice. Give me a medal. I ran all the way here from the carpark within a minute. I think I am related to Usain Bolt." he joked. 

 

I laughed at his joke, turning back to face the cafe slightly. Kris stood at the door, looking at our back with a pained look on his face. He let out a sigh and it was like at that point weights were thrown onto his shoulder as he took slow steps to his car. As much as it worries me about his health... I know I have to let go. It was never healthy for me from the start.

 

Took a while to get this out from my  brain. Laziness is catching up with me but so is life. Thanks to all you beautiful readers out there. Love ya so much.

 

5 comments for next chapter! Took a real while before I actually hit 5 comments. Comments motivate me to write more so throw all your comments at me! As usual, what is proof reading? XD