Chapter 37

Forbidden Love

Did you guys realised something? It had been a year since I first started this story… I would have published this earlier but I have a lot of things on my mind recently and it’s turning me into a mess. I had typed out this chapter week ago and I can’t seem to continue… So I will just published this chapter.


 

I pressed the phone close to my ear and let out a soft sigh. “What’s wrong?” Kai asked when he entered the room holding the jug of water. I shook my head lightly and placed the phone back onto the table. “Hey.. What have we talked about secrets?” he asked again and sat beside me.

 

“Kris oppa called and told me that he is going to Singapore to get his parents approval…” I replied. Kai nodded his head as he drink the water he took back.

 

“What do you plan on doing?” he asked softly.

 

I shrugged my head and pulled my blankets closer around me. “Ignore him of course… Who knows what the girls may do next.” I took a shaky breath and pulled my knees closer to my chest. “Don’t you have work?” I asked, looking over at him.

 

“Not today… Chen is coming over at 5 later so I can go home to wash up… Will you be okay?” he asked. He must had seen my hesitation when he replied, “I will stay over then…. I had talked to the doctor about your request to leave earlier… He agreed if you promise to come back for therapy…”

 

I nodded my head. “I need those therapy anyway…” I glanced over at him. “When can I leave?”

 

“Tomorrow… Where do you plan on staying now?” I shook my head. I am definitely not going back to the house now… Going to my mother also seem like … since she is the housekeeper of that house… “Move in with me then. I have an extra room anyway…”

 

“You seem to be getting richer…” I teased, looking over at him. “Driving an Audi and possibly living in the most expensive apartment in Gangnam…”

 

One side of his lips tilted up into a smile. “This is what happened when you save up money and keep getting promoted.”

 

I looked at him weirdly. “You’re getting promoted when you’re still in the same cubicle?” Every time I have to go down to his level to get something from his director and he is always in the same cubicle. Promoted?

 

“I chose to stay at the same cubicle… I wanna be close to my colleagues.” he responded like it is the most natural thing. “So you are going to stay over at my house or?” I paused for a very long time. “You are not planning to live alone right?” he asked suddenly and his eyes widen. “Hyuna ah-”


I cut him off, “I am thinking how am I going to sneak into the apartment to pack up my things…” I smiled at his reaction. “Of course I am taking your offer up! Unnie are all renting those rooftop house. Imposing on them is …” I left my sentence incompleted as I know Kai will understand it. He nodded his head.