Chapter 41

Forbidden Love

Hyuna's POV

I let out a deep breath, looking into the mirror after a while. I smiled along with them as they inspect their 'master piece'. "I look beautiful..." I smiled, turning to them. "Thank you..." I turned back to my reflection once again. They forced me into a simple sleeveless white top along with a pair of black shorts. I glanced down at my shoes, praise the lord they allowed me to keep my black sneakers instead of heels.

 


"How do you think the boys will doll Kai up?" Gayoon asked in a bored tone as she checked her nails. I shrugged as I check my freshly curled long hair and makeup. "They just gave us the memo, black." she shook her head in disappointment. "Jihyun-ah! Where is the leather jacket?" she shouted, glancing out of the door. Jihyun came running in, holding up the leather jacket. 

 

"Gomawoyo, unnie..." I smiled at them, putting on the leather jacket. Kai and I agreed to leave around 2pm, however since we stayed at the same house, the boys and girls decided to split us up the night before. They claim it's a tradition for the boy to pick up the girls. Which was exactly why Kai wasn't home. They brought Kai over to the house for a sleepover while the girls came over here. 

 

"Relax, you are no Cinderella, nothing is going to disappoint at the strike of midnight." Jiyoon teased after she caught me glancing down at my leather watch. I made a face before sitting down on the couch beside them. 10 more minutes till it's 2pm. I was going to walk to the kitchen to calm myself down but there came the long awaited knocks on the door.

 

Sohyun let out a giggle at my reaction and quickly went to open the door. She turned to us with a bored face and in came the boys but Kai was nowhere to be found. I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. "What's with that face?" Chanyeol asked in a sad tone. "Ohhhh, it is because we are not who you wanted to see huh?" he smiled cheekily. On second thought, I prefer when he's acting as a sad kid.

 

"Look at her blush!" Suho cooed from his seat. "Don't worry Kai will be coming soon, we just sent in on a little mission." they said, giving each other a secrective smile. If I can kill someone now, Suho will be top on my list. I am not even kidding about it.

 

"Noona will be going on a sweet date with Kai hyung while I have to deal with the devil herself later." Sehun let out a sad whine, causing laughter among the group. Right as soon as he finished his sentence, there came a knock on the door. It was firm and steady, unlike the previous noisy knocks.

 

The boys made eyes gesture towards me, ordering me to open the door. I walked over slowly, rubbing my hand together nervously. My fingers grabbed around the knob and I took a deep breath before opening the door. Kai stood there, decked in black clothes. Black tee, black jeans, black sneakers and black varsity jacket. If you do not know him, we'd think he is spending Black Day every single day until he find a girl. "You look beautiful today. Here, this is for you." he smiled, pulling out two small bouquet of flower from behind him.

 

I looked at him with a confused face as I received two bouquet. One of it was white tulips, it is wrapped up simply with a pink satin ribbon around the stems. The other bouquet is red roses. It was wrapped up in red and white paper. I studied the flower for a while before looking back up at him. Both of this flowers are my favorite flowers.

 

He smiled an nervous smile as he scratched his hair gently. "I wasn't sure of which flowers to get you so I decided to get both." his hand slid down to the back of his neck. "This is so embarrassing." he face palm himself with his free hand.

 

"Wait right here, I will get my bag and we can go."

 

"That sounds like a way better plan then get laughed at by the boys," he nodded his head as I went back into the house. I quickly set the flowers on the table and grabbed my black purse. After sending my quick orders for them to put the flowers in a vase for me, I made my escape before the boys can torture Kai any longer. "Ready?" he smiled as he held out his hand for me. I nodded my head excitedly as I grabbed onto his hand.

 

"Thanks for the flowers." I beamed happily after I got into his car with him.

 

He shook his head as he pulled out of the carpark. "It's nothing, anything for the princess." he wriggled his eyebrows. "Frankly speaking, I almost forgot to get the flowers but the boys gave me this mission.."

 

I let out a laugh, "I appreciate your honesty here but you can just get one bouquet! You won't spend so much in that case." I said, "I love both roses and tulips, I would be contended to receive one."

 

He pulled up at the red light and turned over to look at me. "That's what I like about you." he smiled.  "Any ideas where we are going today?" he asked in his usual cheeky tone.

 

I thought for a moment before snapping my fingers. "Some place where we have to move around awfully lot because unnie didn't force me into heels. It is a rare case but they usually spare me from heels if it's some activity they deemed tiring." I nodded my head, proud at my answer. 

 

"Smart girl." he praised as he sped down the road.

 

I let out a loud squeal before pulling Kai into the tightest hug you can ever have. My arms wrapped around his neck happily and because I was so excited, I was still jumping. Kai laughed as his arms circled around my waist, trying to calm me down. I finally stop and bite down my tongue slightly in embarrassment. Forgive me or not for my excitement but it doesn't matter how old you are, amusement park are always the best thing n life.

 

"Come on," Kai grinned and pulled me towards the ticket office. "Let's have a date we won't forget." he smiled happily.

 

I ran into the park, dragging Kai along. He was now holding my purse for me as I dragged him from ride to ride, games to games. After 2 rides on the teacup and 4 rides on the roller coasters, we were finally on our head to snacks. Kai shook his head tiredly as he took a seat beside me. "They weren't kidding when they said you're crazy for amusement park."

 

"Mian..." I said guiltily after hearing his tired out tone. "It's just that.. it's has been a while since I came to amusement park... Caught up in work and life..." I said, sipping the cold sweet drink.

 

"Gwenchanna, as long as you're happy." he said, biting down on his hotdog bun. "You got a little something here.." he reached over and wiped the corner of my lip with his thumb. "Eat slower, you're getting ketchup all over your lips." he cleaned his hand up on a napkin. "I do not want to date a little child..." he teased. I rolled my eye and jabbed my elbow into his chest. "Oof, okay okay. I take that back. Let's go to the stalls later instead of the rides." he shook his head at the thought of the rides.

 

"Alright." I nodded my head and continued chewing on my bun.

 

We were walking down the stalls, looking at the various games before I pointed at one of the prize. "I want that." I said, almost bursting out into laughter. It was a large pure white soft toy.

 

"Your love with dogs is never ending." he shook his head as he went towards the game ; basketball.

 

I held back a laughter as I studied how serious Kai was being. He passed me his varsity jacket and proceed to do some stretching. "You don't have to force yourself if you really can't do it. It's fine." I nodded my head.

 

He shook his head as he turned to face me. "You seem to forget who was the one who kept winning you prizes from our high school day huh?" he asked. He turned and started speaking with the man at the stall. "50 consecutive shoots into the hoop and we get to choose from first place? Alright.." he nodded his head before paying the money. "And you seem to forget that I was captain of the basketball team for 2 years before I quit for dancing."

 

I was shocked. Real shocked. My eyes are buldging out of the eye socket as I watch Kai score effortlessly. There was a group of people surrounding him as they counted out the score loudly for me. This was his third try. It would be a lie if I told you that I didn't laugh when he failed before he reached around 10+ and he was so confident. Not winning on first try seems to damage his pride a lot because there was a click and it was like fire started in his eyes. Second try, he reached 30+ but failed because he sneezed. Yeap,  the ex captain of basketball team missed because he had to sneeze.

 

"50!!" the crowd shouted for him and cheered loudly. The man at the stall already had that poodle soft toy in his hand and ready for Kai to take it. Even he have better faith in Kai then I do. Kai smiled as he hand the toy over to me. The girls around with me let out a serious of 'aw' if not jealous cursing. "For the lady." he smiled.

 

I looked at the soft toy with the biggest smile before pulling it into my arm. "You are the best." I held up my thumb for him. He looked sad from the compliment but brush it off as he pull on his jacket. I didn't know what took over me but I tip toed and pecked his cheeks. "Thank you." I smiled, before linking my arm with his. "Let's ride something before going home. We are grabbing dinner with them right?" I asked, turning to them,

 

He nodded his head while his face was covered with his huge idiotic looking smile. "It is the only day where everyone can get together today.. Workload is going to increase so they want to 'cherish the times'. Truth to be told, I think they only want to tease us about our date." he let out a snort. I nodded my head in agreement, while pulling him towards the Ferris wheel. "Should have known that this will be your last ride, since you maxed out on your roller coaster and teacup doesn't mix well with you full stomach."

 

I laughed and shook my head. "it is because, this is the shortest line going on here." He rolled his eyes at my answer.
 

We got into the little cabin and I let out an excited squeak as we started to get higher and higher. Since the sun was setting, it cast a beautiful orange glow across the sky. "This is so pretty." I exclaimed, checking the picture i just took. I glanced up at Kai to see that he was studying me with a smile. "Wae?" I asked, touching my face self consciously.

 

"Ani, just admiring the beautiful scene I have in front of me." he smiled. "You look really beautiful today."

 

"Ara, you told me earlier on!" I nodded my head and reached over to touch his forehead. "Are you sick? You have the best memory out of us both but I can remember things more than you."

 

He took my hand into his and his expression changed from cheeky to seriousness. "I remember and I would tell you that every single day if you allowed me to. Hyuna, I am going crazy right here," he moved my hand and placed it directly onto his chest, feeling his fast heartbeat. "I... I..." he trailed off, trying to think of something to say in the perfect manner but I stopped him.

 

I didn't know what has gotten into me but I placed my lips onto his, kissing him hard, He was shocked and didn't move at first but after a while, he pulled me closer to him. His lips was soft and gentle against mine, he placed his hand at the back of my neck, pulling me closer while I ran my fingers through his hair. We pull back after a while as we both breathe heavily. "We... We're reaching the ground soon." Kai said after a while, breaking the awkward silence. "Let's just... Whatever happened here, happened. I won't let it happen again..." he said, nodding his head, I smile and nodded my head slowly.

 

The ride home was in silence and I was sure that both of us have the same thing through our mind. The kiss. Kai pulled up at the basement parking lot before running over to my side to get the door for me. "About the kiss-"

 

I placed my fingers onto his lips "What happened, happened. Let's just move forward from it. I know how you feel about me but... I don't want to go head first into another relationship after getting out of one... I don't want you or anyone to think that you're my backup plan because you're so much more from it. Let's just take it slow and we'll see how it goes alright?" I brushed a piece of his hair away from his face before leaning in and placing a kiss on his cheeks. "I had a lot of fun today, thank you."

 

He placed a kiss on my forehead gently before reaching into the car and pulling out the soft toy. "Let's hurry before they finish our food." he locked the car before following me into the building.

 

Sehun's POV

"Do not tell Hyuna." Jihyun noona said in a firm voice. I am shocked at the amount of people who seems to agree with her.

 

"Wae? Hyuna misunderstood Kris hyung! He loves her as much as Kai does!"

 

"No! If he did, Hyuna wouldn't end up like this. How many times did she end up in the hospital for him? How many times did she get injured for him? I am not going to allow Hyune anywhere near him, not after what his animal sister did." Jihyun said. "He ruined Hyuna. She is finally finding happiness and you want to ruin it for her?" she asked me, her voice cracking.

 

I looked down at my hand, knowing that every god damn word she is speaking is the truth. "You're right... We have a mission together, which is to make sure Hyuna doesn't get hurt by them anymore." I nodded my head at what Suho is saying.. "None of us to speak a word about it then."

 

"But we can't hide it from her forever..." I protested weakly.

 

"We will tell her when the time is right... Leave it to us." Gayoon nodded her head.

 

Slowly, we all nodded our head in agreement. Even me. As much as I hate to admit it... Kris hyung did ruin Hyuna.

 

Sorry if there's lots of mistakes. It is currently 1:56am as I finished typing the chapter above. No proof reading or anything. I just wanted to post a chapter asap for you guys.

Real long chapter to make it up to you guys! Hope all of you enjoyed this chapter! Until next time!!