Chapter 34

Forbidden Love

Sorry cute darlings that it took me so long to update! There had been a lot happening in my life. I had thought about ending this story by year end. I have about a month and more. Pardon about the rush that you’re going to see! I realised that my story had been moving very slowly and I am going to speed things up.

 

A Year Later

I took a deep breath as I looked down at the ring that sat on my ring finger then looking at the sleeping figure beside me. So this is it huh? I am…. I am engaged to the man I love. However, what is this weird feeling in me?

 

When Kris proposed to me a few weeks ago, something in me click and suddenly everything feels so weird. I mean… Isn’t this all girls dream? To be married to their long time crush… However…

 

“What’s wrong?” Kris’ raspy voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I glanced down to notice that he had pulled his head onto my lap. “Having cold feet?”

 

Yes. “No.. Of course not… I am just really happy.” I lied, trying to keep my emotions in check. “I am too excitedly to sleep…” I glanced over at the table beside the bed. The clock is lighted in lime green and the time displayed was 4:05am.

 

He chuckled as he pulled himself and kissed the side of head gently. “Go to sleep darling, we have a long day tomorrow…”

 

I smiled bitterly at the thought. Of course we do. We are finally going back to the house to announce our engagement. Grandfather will not be pleased. So is the girls… For this past year, I had been working so hard… So hard to please them… I did everything that they like and I did not get anything in return.

 

“It will be fine.” Kris said softly.

 

However this time… Unlike the usual warm feeling that he would always give me. I am just met with a pit in my tummy. It will not be fine… However, I will be brave for the man that I love. “Of course it will be.” I smiled, glancing up at him as he pulled me into his chest. “Of course…” After all, it will be worth it. … Right?

 

Amber’s POV

Kai walked into the office with his usual poker face. “Have you heard?” I asked when he took a seat in his cubicle that was beside mine.

 

His blank brown eyes met mine. He heard. “That they are getting married? Yeah, pretty much everyone had been saying it.”

 

He turned back to his computer as he struggled to get things done. It is obvious that he was still trying to digest the news with his body shaking every few minutes and the low growling sound that he produced at every tiny details. Talk about girls pms-ing when guys could do far worse. He slammed his hand down onto the table, earning stares from everyone around the office.

 

I watched as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before letting it out slowly. His eyes snapped open again scaring everyone from the office to turn back to their business. My eyes met his and he suddenly stood up and stalked out of the office. I followed quietly behind.

 

“Does Krystal know?” he asked when we’re finally at the rooftop, away from the other people.

 

“Molla.” I replied and heard noises behind me. I turned to see the crew walking up with a concerned face.

 

“Do you really not know or are you lying to us?” Sohyun asked. “I will kill you if you guys ever do anything to hurt Hyuna.”

 

I snorted, “Coming from the people who hurt her the most. Yeah right,” I replied, leaning on the wall beside me and crossing my arms. “Believe it or not, I really do not know it.”

 

Suho rolled his eyes, “How can you not know it? You are practically their handy man. They plan everything and you arrange everything.”

 

“I moved out of Victoria’s house a few weeks ago. I can’t stand living with people like them. They never include me in the planning and will just tell me after they got a full plan out. However, after I failed that little break in stunt the other time, they do not trust me to arrange anymore. I have no idea what they all planned.” I explained. “Furthermore, the news just came out this morning when Kris and Hyuna walked into the office with their rings. I am here with you guys right now, I can hear any news now, can I?” I added.

 

They looked beaten for once as they all fell onto the floor into sitting positions. “I do know that they are all going to be at the house tonight. I am unsure about what they had planned but keep your phones in your hands. I will call all of you if anything is up.” I said. I received their nodding in response. “I have to go.” I said when I glanced down at my phone to notice a message. “The girls are calling me.”

 

I was about to leave the rooftop when I heard Kai’s tired voice. “Amber..” he called out. I paused in my steps and turned my head slightly. “I can trust you right?” his voice sounding so depressed and everything negative.


I nodded my head. “You gave me your trust and I intend to keep it.”