Chapter 40

Forbidden Love

Kris’ POV

My hands tighten around the steering wheel as I watched how Hyuna settled quietly into Kai’s arm. So Krystal wasn’t lying to me this time… I laughed at myself bitterly as I shook my head. I am willing to do so much for her but right when I left to get permission for our marriage, she turned for Kai.

 

I watched as Kai turned slightly to my direction with a frown. They exchanged a few words before going in and never turning back. I closed my eyes tightly as I placed my hand over my heart painfully. It is hurting so badly to the point that I can’t breathe… It was almost like knife slicing up my heart into million pieces slowly. I let out a shaky breath as I opened my eyes tiredly. Why… What have I done? I let out a string of curses before driving away.

 

Luna’s POV

“Bowh?!” I looked over at Victoria shocked.


 

She grabbed my wrist and make me follow her and the others into the apartment. “What do you mean what? Krystal worked so hard to help you!” she gestured to Krystal.

 

“I heard the driver saying how he is going to get a drunk Kris back here.” she spoke softly.

 

Victoria turned to me and folded her arm. “This is your chance. Make your move and make him yours. He is responsible, if he were to do something to you, he will marry you. And he will be yours forever. Isn’t that you wanted this whole time?” I looked at them uncertain as to what I should do but was only met with their encouraging nods. “Tonight is your night.” she patted my shoulder before gesturing to the rest that they should leave.

 

“Oh wait! Wear this!” Krystal took something out from her bag. “Hyuna always wear this and it still have her scent. Oppa may be drunk but we just have to make sure…” she said as she shove the white nightgown into my hands. “Good luck!” she gave me a light squeeze before leaving the apartment with them.

 

I looked down at the dress and smiled slightly. Kris oppa will finally be mine after tonight. I quickly walked into the bathroom and changed into the nightgown.

 

Million thoughts ran through my head as I sat near the window, waiting for his return. The door finally clicked open and moved over quickly. Kris was leaning on the driver, eyes closed. Despite the distance, I could smell the clear stench of alcohol radiating from his body. The driver looked up and instead of calling out my name, he blurted out, “Miss Hyuna…” Must be planned by Victoria unnie.

 

Kris’ head snapped up quickly as he moved over to me urgently but not without stumbling his feet. “Oppa!” I called out, rushing over to help him up. However, instead of me helping him up, he pulled me down. The door closed softly as the driver left.

 

“Hyuna…” he whispered softly as he hold me close to him. “Don’t leave me please…” his voice sounded so broken as he spoke. He held my face in his hands as he smiled. “Hyuna…” his smile was so warm but however at the same time, it carried sadness.

 

“What do you mean leave? I am yours…” I smiled as I leaned forever, planting a kiss on his lips. He responded quickly, pulling me into his lap. I let out a small moan as he moved his lips down to my lips and as his hands curled into fist, grabbing the nightgown. He hoisted me up before moving to the bedroom.

 

“You’re mine…” he slurred as he dropped me onto the bed and started to his shirt. “Kim Hyuna…”

 

Kris’ POV

Ugh… What is this pain? I sat up on the bed as I grabbed my head painfully while looking around the bright bedroom. It took me a second to process what happened and glancing down at the person beside me. Luna’s milky white back was towards me.

 

My eyes widened as I realised my action. What would Hyuna- … Right… She is with Kai now… I let out a quiet sigh as I moved into the bathroom. Even if I argued with the idea of marrying Luna now, what would I get? After preparing for work and changing into suit, I walked back into the bedroom to the now awake Luna.

 

“Oppa…” she blushed slightly as I walked in.

 

Keeping my face cold as stone, I checked my tie in the mirror over and over again before letting out a curse. Hyuna used to do all this for me and now… I turned to Krystal and spoke slowly. “You have a purpose of doing this, what is it?” I asked despite knowing the truth.

 

She glanced down at the covers. “For you to take responsibilities… After all, yesterday night…” she trailed off turning a shade redder.

 

I let out a slow and long breath before turning to her. “You get your wish. Go and tell the world.” I spoke before walking out of the room.

 

“Oppa!” her voice followed me from the bedroom to the door.

 

I turned to see her walking after me as she carry the covers around her. “Wae? Isn’t it enough?” I asked her. “You’ve gotten what you want after all this little tricks you’ve done… I can’t not marry you now after knocking you up… I will call off my engagement with Hyuna and let you announce to the world. How is the idea for you?”
 

Her eyes teared as she spoke, “How can you not feel anything at all? It is my first time after all…”

 

I closed my eyes for a moment before opening it slowly again. “And I was drunk, I mistook you for Hyuna… It don’t matter now does it? Even if you do not want to marry me, you have no choice now after yesterday night. I do not have a choice now too. I have to go. I have a meeting in the morning.” I spoke before walking out of the house.

 

Hyuna’s POV

It had been weeks since the plan started going in plan. Everyday, Sehun will return from the date and telling us all about the details of how Krystal seems to be falling for him harder and harder. However tonight, the details seems so hard to bare.

 

“Kris hyung is getting married to Luna next month.”

 

A cold gust of wind blew causing me to hug my knees closer to me. “Are you feeling alright?” Jiyoon’s voice asked softly from behind. I nodded my head as I stared out at the lights. “If you’re feeling alright, I don’t think you will choose to sit at the rooftop alone.” she said as they took a seat beside me.

 

“Here…” Jihyun said as she passed me a bottle of beer. I took it and took a huge gulp of it, rushing the cold bitter liquid down my throat. “Cry it out… Just cry it out…” she spoke, patting my back.

 

I bite down on my lips as I let the tears run down my face. “It hurts so much…” I choked out sadly. “I love him so so so much however… now when I think about it… I am so angry at myself. I was so blindly in love with him but… What have he done to protect me from his sister? Nothing… He didn’t even bother to find me face to face. I ignored his calls and now he is getting married to Luna?” I asked sadly.

 

Gayoon didn’t say anything as she pushed my head gently to her shoulder. All of us stayed quiet for a very long time. “Kai didn’t want us to tell you this because he doesn’t want you to be pressured further… However, I think it’s time you should know and to stop hurting Kai…” she broke the silence after a while.

 

“Wae?” I asked softly as I pulled back and dry my eyes.

 

They looked over at me, “That time when you were attacked at your house… Kai was the first one to be there.”

 

My jaw opened slightly, “I knew I heard his voice! Wait… So his wounds...”

 

They nodded their head. “They stick the knife into his shoulder… And the most recent incident… He was sleepless for ages and worrying about you… Hyuna unnie… Open your eyes and look around. There has always been a guy who loves you a lot a lot but you had been saving your heart for the wrong guy…” Sohyun spoke.

 

“Make a wise choice now…” Jihyun spoke as I stared at them blankly. All this times… Kai…. I let out a groan as I cuddled my head into my arms.

 

“I need some alone time please…” I spoke tiredly. I can’t hear their response but I can hear their shoes shuffling against the cold floor and back into the house. With that time I rewind my memories and I finally realised that Kai had always been the one beside me.

 

After a while, the door opened and someone sat beside me after covering me with a blanket. Kai… I looked up slowly to see him beside me. “Oppa…” my voice came out softly.

 

“Hmm?” he replied without looking over at me. After my long silence, he finally looked over at me. “Are you alright?”

 

“Are you alright?” I asked him back the same question. “You have done so much and received nothing back… Ain’t you tired?” He frowned at me with a confused face. “Unnie told me…” I added to clear his doubts.

 

He let out a sigh as he turned to the front. “They just don’t listen, don’t they?” he mumbled to himself before turning over to me. “It is nothing alright? I did it willingly, you are not obliged to do anything back in return… I didn’t want them to tell you because I don’t want you to feel pressured to do anything for me-”

 

I shushed him off by placing my fingers on his lips. “I may sound selfish now but…” I trailed off softly as I think about how I should phrase my words.

 

“Will you go on a date with you?” Kai asked suddenly, turning over to me. “I know I may sound selfish but it’s hard… It is really hard to see you like this and not wanting to make a move… Oh my gosh, I am such a jerk. Take it that I never-”

 

“Yes.” I said quickly. “I will… I wanted to ask you that too…”

 

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Then how is it selfish?”

 

I looked down. “I wanted to try it out? This whole dating thing… It looked selfish to me as I feel like I am using you to get over Kris… Like a rebound… “

 

“Well is it that way?” he asked softly.

 

I shook my head. “It’s just… I don’t know if I will-”

 

“Let’s give it a try shall you? Next Saturday, 6pm sharp.” he nodded his head.

 

I looked at him weirdly, “Next Saturday?”

 

He nodded his head. “It is an unwritten rule for a guy to ask a girl out a week earlier! Is it alright?” he asked. I nodded my head happily. “C’mon, let’s go in… It’s getting cold, we don’t want our chef getting sick now do we?” he said as he helped me up and into the house. “The rest have left… So turn in early… I still have some work undone…” he walked me over to my room. “Sweet dreams…” he smiled before placing his lips gently on my forehead.

 

Yay! So they are finally dating! Are you guys happy? :D Hehe, sorry it took me so long to post, had been really busy to type out a chapter. >< Hope you guys are happy with this chapter~

 

 

hyuna.gif