Chapter 38

Forbidden Love

Cheers to me staying committed to a story for more than a year! I am so thankful to you guys' support! Without you guys, I probably will stop this story months ago! However, I remember my promise to you guys about how I will finish this story no matter how, so I'll do it!

 

"C'mon in." Kai said as he opened the door to his apartment. I smiled as I stepped into his apartment. The whole house is in the classy black and white. The wall is painted in white with the black furniture and white curtains and carpets. "I did what I can to your room, judging on how you just agreed to stay over at my house yesterday." he said as he set the luggage on the floor after closing the door. "It is this room." he gestured to the first left door down the hallway.

 

"Thanks..." I smiled as I pushed opened the door. My jaw just popped open at the view. This is my dream room since young! The black wallpaper and sheer white curtain. The canopy bed in white bed sheet and thick cover. The black carpet and the white dresser. "You remember!" I smiled happily, turning to him. I told him about my dream room years ago when we were in one of the designing workshop in school. He smiled as he leaned on the door. "You are the best."

 

He hold up one finger as a knowing smile played on his lips. I looked at him as he moved his finger to the light switch. He gave me the old 'Kai smile' as he flipped on the light switch. The room turned dark for a moment before the ceiling turned into a night sky. With the stars. "I think I deserve something more than best."

 

I shook my head and glance at the 'sky' happily. It had been ages since I have felt so peaceful. Especially, not after that day. "Let's go out for dinner tonight?" 

 

He crocked his head at my words. "You sure about that?" he asked. "Since we left the hospital, you have been looking around like something is going to pop out of nowhere to scare you." he studied at me for a while. "Let's eat at home today, we'll cook. I miss your cooking." he added.

 

I nodded my head and smiled at his suggestions. "What do we have in the kitchen?" I asked, rushing to the kitchen. He smiled and followed along with me. "What do you want to make?"

 

He held his finger up to his lips. "You are going to settle in your room and relax while I cook. You are just in charge of the duty of eating." he pushed me into my room. "Unpack and take a nap or something... I don't want people sneaking into the kitchen while I cook." he added before closing the door behind me. I shook my head at his words and did as told. I unpacked the clothes we had gotten from the place this morning before taking a seat on the bed and checking through my phone.

 

10 missed calls from Kris.
2 voice mails.

 

I sat there as I thought about the idea of listening to the voice mails. Time must have flies because when I decided to listen to the voice mails, the sun is already setting. I took a shaky breath as I pressed the phone to my ear.

 

"Hyunaaaaa. I  just reached Singapore. The weather here is awful. It is worse than our summer... I am meeting appa and umma tonight. Call me back, I miss your voice so much." 

 

"Gwenchanna? Haven't heard from you since that night... I just met with my parents but they were to busy to listen to my words. I may stay here for a few weeks... However, I will be back with good news. I miss you. Call me back soon!"

 

I set the phone aside and leaned back onto the bed before reaching over to the night lamp to flip the light switch. I stayed there for ages, just staring up at the peaceful ceiling. Until, there came the crashing sound from the living room. "Oppa?" I called out urgently as I ran out of the room. "Gwenchanna?" I asked before stopping in my tracks.

 

"Hyuna..." the group in front of me uttered my name softly. I glanced at them and felt my eyes started to water. "Hyuna, mianhae..." Jihyun said as she ran up to me with teary eyes and pulled me into a tight hug. "This is all of our fault!" she sobbed into my hair.

 

I just stood there as they started to enforce a group hug around me. The tears rolled down my cheeks and did I realised how lonely I was without them. How reckless and helpless I am without them by my side. How fragile I am without them. Up till now, did I only start to know that without them I would have been a broken vase with no means of fixing. Up till now, did I know who are the ones that are really protecting me. A smile overcome my face as my eyes landed on Kai, who is watching us from the kitchen as he cook. The ones that are really protecting me with their life.

 

"You don't hate us?" they asked again for the unknown number of time. I shook my head as I munched on the food that they've brought.

 

"You make it up for the food that you have brought here and for all the times you guys protected me. I have no one but me to blame for this..." I finally spoke out what had been running through my minds for the whole time after the incident. "I was naive... And stupid..." I added softly. They didn't say anything but just looked everywhere but me.

 

I allowed a moment of silence to pass before speaking again. This time, it seems to shock them. "I am not going to let them off so easily this time." I watched as their eyes turned wide. "If Karma is not going to get them... I am going to get them..."

 

"Hyuna-ah..." Suho wanted to speak but Kai gestured to him to keep quiet.

 

I shook my head. "They usually just caused me to break a few bones... Just land me in the hospital... However this time? They humiliated me..." I bite the inside of my cheeks as I tried to control my emotions at the thought of that night.

 

Kai moved over to me and brought me into my room after asking them to waste a few moments without us. "Hyuna-ah..." he spoke as he sat us both on the bed. "Don't be strong. Let it out... You being strong is scaring all of us do you know that?" his voice quiver as he spoke.

 

I glanced up at him and finally the emotions that I have been holding in is all out. He said nothing but just pulled me into a hug as I sobbed loudly. "I didn't want to be weak because it would look like they have won. Do you know how many times I have to gather up courage to stand in front of the mirror? However when I looked in the mirror all I see is how dirty I am..." I cried into his chest. "I can still feel their hands, their lips, their eyes. Everything from that night is still clear in my head..."

 

"You're not dirty." Kai said after a long while, as he make me look at him. "You are not." he said in a tone so firm that I find it hard to not believe it.

 

I shook my head, drying my eyes. "I have to be strong..." I pushed my hair back. "I need all of you guys' help for this revenge... I am going to get all of them. Every single one of them." I spoke. "I have to stop being naive and weak..." I pushed onto my feet as I give my face one last pat. "Let's get the planning started!" 

 

We walked out to a group of people with the concern face. I sat with them as I set the notebook and pencil on the table. "I feel evil but will you guys help me in the planning for the revenge?" I asked softly. 

 

"Are you kidding me?" Chen asked, "Evil? You will never be evil, Hyuna-ah... Of course we will help you! If we don't, your revenge might just be attempting to drown them in marshmallow!" I glared at what he just say. "It is the truth... Ask them." he said, gesturing to the others who nodded their head in agreement.

 

I shook my head and sigh in defeat. "Of course... I can't even think of a decent plan now..."

 

Lay raised his name. "We will all start by quitting from Kris' company." There is a lot of people agreeing to it.

 

"However, what are you guys going to do?" I asked.

 

"Hyung, you have not tell her?" Tao asked in an accusing tone.

 

"Tell me what?" I turned to Kai.

 

He looked up at me. "I have brought a shop house... I am planning to start a business there instead of working with Kris... The boys here had agreed to join me after I am much more stable." he said.

 

"That is great!" I exclaimed happily for him. "Back to the plan, I just thought of something!" I said and they all turn to me. "However, I need Sehun to do something for me..." I trailed off softly.

 

"Anything for noona!" he shouted as he threw his fist in the air.

 


I have been sitting in  front of my computer countless times. Trying to figure something for this story. I have been having the worst writer's block and everything. It is getting hard for me to think of something for the story despite having it planned ages ago.

 

This chapter have been done over and over again for the recent weeks and I guess I had finally managed to settle on one that I am happy with. It is really hard for me to write for Hyuna's character as she had just been though a lot... I am having a really hard time trying to capture her emotions without her looking so mood swing but it appear to be super hard... I hope I have been doing it properly!