Chapter 36

Forbidden Love

*Update. This was supposed to be up yesterday but I received a call from my employer and I had to rush off to work so this came late!

 

 

I can’t even begin about how happy I was to receive these comments from you guys. It made me a successful writer that I can get people to hate on the characters I created.

And I am starting to feel sad about making Kris so 'stupid'. He is my bias! :<

To not leave you guys hanging, I decided to update another chapter! :>

 

Right now onto the story! Till next time~

 

Kai’s POV

My phone dropped onto the floor as I tried to register what just happened. Hyuna? I cursed as I quickly grabbed some of my clothes before running out towards Victoria’s house. I knew something was up when she move to a place so close to Hyuna’s old place. I pressed the phone to my ear as I ran towards my car.

 

“Hello 911, how may I help you?” the lady asked in her calm voice.

 

“There is a lady passed out at the alleyway, I need help.” I said and quickly gave her the address before hanging up. I then proceed to call Suho.

 

“Bowh?!” He shouted into the phone. “I will get the crew, tell us the hospital we will meet you there.” he said before hanging up.

 

On my way to the place, I had no idea how many red lights I had choose to ignore, how many pedestrian I had almost run down. I reached in about 15mins and I just jumped out of the car towards the alleyway.

 

Amber is sitting there and hugging someone. Hyuna. “What happened?!” I shouted as I ran over to her, holding the clothes in my hand tightly. Amber looked up to show her crying face, however, my eyes landed on Hyuna. My mouth went open as I tried to process the scene. Amber shook my head and just grabbed the clothes out of my hand and covering Hyuna. “I thought I could trust you.” I spat angrily and pushed her aside. ? They decided to someone’s innocence? I carried Hyuna into my arms and ran over to the car.

 

What was I thinking? Leaving her for a better ending? This is anything but better. I could have protected her if I wasn’t such a coward for running away. I pressed down on the pedal going faster to the nearest hospital. All of this is my fault. I could have protected her. We could have protected her. Giving myself up to the devil to save her? I would do that.


 

I stared at the wall blankly as the doctor check on Hyuna. “Kai!” I heard Xiumin’s voice and footsteps running over towards us. “How is she?” he asked, his voice urgent.

 

“Kai!” Jihyun shouted and shook me. “What happened?!”  

 

That did it. I pushed her aside roughly and stood up. “I don’t know! All I know is I could have protected her! None of this could have happened if I wasn’t selfish. If none of us left her! Better ending? This is anything but it!” I shouted angrily and punching the wall I had been staring.

 

“This couldn’t have happen to her if we didn’t leave her.” my voice became choked as I slide down the wall slowly. “What right do I have to cry now?” I asked, rubbing my face. “This is all my fault.” I sobbed into my hands. “Her landing in this situation?” I laughed at the thought through my tears.

 

“Kai…” I heard Amber’s voice for afar.

 

My head snapped up and I glare at her coldly. “I thought I could trust you.” I shook my head at my stupidity.

 

She shook her head. “They knew. They knew I was helping you, they did not tell me what happened till the very end. I tried to call you but my phone is dead!” she tried to explain.

 

I shook my head. “Even if what you said is true, I can’t trust you. Trust is like glass. Once it’s broken, it is broken forever. No matter how bad you try to mend it. There will still be cracks.” I told her. And sadly, that’s how Hyuna feel about me too.

 

“May I know who is here for Miss Kim Hyuna?” a doctor spoke.

 

I turned and walked over to him quickly. “Me. How is she?” I asked.

 

He smiled sadly. “She is still asleep now. One of you can go in to see her. When she wake up, her emotions will be…” he trailed off. “She need a lot of help now. And please talk her into going to the police…” he added softly before walking off.

 

“Kai…” Suho walked over to me, patting my shoulder lightly. “Go in.” he added. I looked up to see the them nodding their head in agreement. “She needs help, so do you.” he gave my shoulder one last pat before moving back to the boys.

 

I nodded my head and walked over slowly. Squeezing my eyes shut and taking a deep breath, I pushed into the room slowly.

 

Hyuna had her head wounds dressed up and she is in the white hospital gown. She have her eyes closed. For a moment, she look so peaceful. Something she had never experienced the day she met Kris.

 

I sat on the chair beside her quietly. “Hyuna..” I called out softly. “Mianhae…” I whisper softly, reaching out to push a piece of hair out of her face. “It’s all my fault… If I never leave you, this couldn’t have happened. Mianhae…” I whispered over and over again as I pushed my face into my hands. “It’s all fault.”


 

“Kai….” I heard her melodic voice. I looked up to see her eyes open and crying. “I did what they want me to do… They want me to leave Kris oppa, I promised.” her voice became choked. “And they still…” she looked up at me. “I am dirty now…” she let out a shaky breath.

 

“Shh…” I hushed her softly hugging her tightly. “You are not. They are.”

 

“It’s not your fault.” she whisper softly. “You can’t protect me forever.” she added.

 

“I can’t but I will make it work.” I said, pressing my lips onto her head gently. “Mianhae…” I whisper again.

 

She shook her head gently. “If karma is not going to get them, then I will…” she said. I glanced down at her, unsure if I heard her clearly. “I landed in the hospital so many times ever since I was young. And all this time, it was all their fault. I tried to let it go and move on… However…” she trailed off as tears rolled down her cheeks. “This time? They crossed the line..” she let out a soft whisper.

 

I kept my mouth shut as I rocked her lightly in my arms for her to calm down. We stayed in this position for a very long time as she cried. Finally, she fell asleep with her eyes swollen from all the crying.

 

I lowered her onto the bed gently and tugged the blanket higher up for her. I pressed my lips on her forehead gently before leaving the room.

 

The boys looked up at me quickly while the girls run up to me. “How is she?” they pressed.

 

I shook my head. “She is really upset and angry at the same time… We’ll see how it goes tomorrow… She just cried the whole time earlier on.” I said and they looked really broken for Hyuna.

 

“Hey…” I called out, gaining their attention. “Go home and rest. It’s been a tedious night and we have to work tomorrow…” I said in an ordering tone.

 

“What about you?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I want to stay here with Hyuna…” I replied softly.

 

They nodded their head in agreement. “I end work at 5pm tomorrow. I will come and take over your place so you can go home and wash up before coming back.” Chen offered.

 

I just smiled and nodded my head. After making sure they left, I walked back into the room and dimmed the lights before settling onto the chair.

 

Kris’ POV

I walked back into the house, feeling much better after knowing that Hyuna will go over to talk to Krystal. She had been quiet with her friends ever since I revealed the news. Grandfather took it worse when he just stormed off into his room.

 

“Grandfather?” I asked, knocking on his door lightly. “Can I come in?” I added after a while. He just grunted and I took it as a yes, walking into the room.

 

He is sitting at his desk with his back towards me while he stared up at the window. “I will keep this short. If you managed to talk your parents into agreeing your marriage with…. that girl. I will agree to it too.”

 

I smiled lightly. Mum and dad will agree to my arrangement much more than Grandfather’s arrangement. “Arasso…” I replied. “I will go to Singapore right away then.” I added before leaving the house.

 

The weight is lifted off my shoulder after hearing what Grandfather said. I smiled as I dialed for Hyuna’s phone.

 

“Hello? Kim Hyuna here~ I am not free to take your call now, please leave a message!”

 

I smiled at her voice. “Hyuna-ah! I will be taking a trip to see my parents tomorrow! No wait, right away. I am taking the next flight to Singapore. Wait for my good news! Give me call after you checked your message.” I said before hanging up.


Everything will work out just fine.