Lucky

Perfect Timing

 

"Lucky"

 

 

It’s already three days after the General Manager of Wu Global Company announced his wedding plan and the upcoming baby in the family, but until now there’s no clear confirmation from both families and also the agency where Im Jinah, the so-called bride-to-be, signed for. There’s almost no sight of the Im family and also at the Wu, it’s suspected that the wedding probably just a blow up to catch the attention of current stock price and the war between-

 

I looked at Kris who sat next to me in his limo as he suddenly turned off the television. He threw the remote control carelessly and crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking away to the window outside. We’re on the way to see my agency, as I promised my manager and the director that I’m going to the office to clarify everything they wanted to know regarding the pregnancy and of course, the wedding.

“Don’t listen to it” he muttered.

“I’m not” I replied. True, I grew up with the media around me and I think, compared to me, he’s the one who should not listen to whatever the media wrote about him.

We decided that we’re not going to do any press conference, it’d be enough for him to announce our marriage plan and he’ll do it again in front of the media later on, when we’re done with the matrimony on the wedding day.

It was all happened too sudden and I didn’t expect that the marriage would be creating such a big mess like this. Paparazzi still stayed around my parents’ house, my apartment, the agency, and also his place. As for his mother, there’s no media person could bother her since the mansion where she lives remained secret up until now. Well, who would think that the forest hid such a huge mansion like that? I didn’t believe it too the first time I went there. I thought the bodyguard who took me there was actually paid to kill me (yes, I know, I watched too much American series).

Kris decided to get everything done as soon as possible. As he reasoned, the main purpose of him revealing this wedding is to stop any unnecessary publication about me being pregnant and second, to secure the Wu family line. Simple? Well, no. There’re so many things I wanted to know but he said that for now, I should just stick to the plan he made. So here we go, preparing myself to see my agency and explain whatever they wanted to know.

Once we arrived in front of the agency, the paparazzi already lined up and ready to eat us alive. There’re flash everywhere and I barely listened to their question since everyone kept talking and it just sounded like a bee buzz as they kept on asking me and Kris. The bodyguard created a wall between us, making it easy for us to pass the paparazzi. When we’re inside, everyone just looked at me and Kris.

The lobby filled with people though; some of the new trainees in my agency, the group of managers, the receptionist; everyone there just plainly looked at me and of course, the man beside me.

“Oh my God! Unnie! You’re really here!” a loud scream heard across the room and I found Minkyung already ran to me and hugged me closely.

“Minkyung…” I called her name, hugging her back. “How are you?”

“It should be me who asked you, Unnie! You’re suddenly missing after the runway and you didn’t bring anything, including your phone! And…” Minkyung stopped talking as she eyed Kris who just stood there and looked at me and Minkyung.

“This is Kris Wu” I said softly to Minkyung. She nodded to Kris and he politely nodded back. “Nice to see you, Miss” he said, adding a small smile.

“Aren’t you the guy in the hotel back then? The one who brought Jinah unnie to the emergency room?”

He nodded.

“So that time, you’re actually already dating Unnie but pretending like you’re not?” Minkyung asked with such a curiosity. I didn’t know why but it seemed that there’s something about Kris that she dislike. Kris glanced at me, but I’m not really sure what he meant so I just stayed silent.

“Well, I never met you before we see each other in the hotel” he said. “I’m not sure whether I could say to you that I’m dating her when she’s fainting like that”

He must have been really good at lying and making up excuse, Minkyung accepted his reason and just nodded in understanding.

“Minkyung, is oppa already here? I need to talk with him” I said to Minkyung, stopping her from asking Kris further. No matter how superior Minkyung looked in front of Kris right now, I felt bad making Kris looked like the villain here.

“He’s already waiting for you at the meeting room, Unnie”

Both of us followed Minkyung taking us to meeting room. I felt bad a bit, for making my agency having the trouble due to my pregnancy. It didn’t matter anymore whether it’s Kris who revealed about the pregnancy or me, because in the end, I indeed pregnant and even though Kris didn’t announce it, I would reveal it. I’m not feeling shameful at all with this baby; I’m the one who should bear the cost of being reckless so I would not want my baby to be hidden from the world.

Kris came along with me because he didn’t want any “unnecessary publication” due to me violate the agreement with the brand I’m working with because of my pregnancy becoming a headline everywhere. Plus, he mentioned his dislike towards legal action that might be taken by those brands, so instead of discussing the terms of the agreement violation, he wanted to do it in such a nice and clean way, by offering the price they mentioned to terminate the agreement.

“I’ll step in once he mentioned about you violate the agreement. I don’t have time for small talks about money” he said before we’re getting inside the meeting room.

“The agency is my family. I grew up along with this agency ever since my teenage period. I’ll step in also if you talked harsh to them”

He looked at me in confused. “Of course they’re being good to you. They need you to get them money”

“I thought we agreed that no deep personal private type of communication are allowed between us”

“How is that you work on runway and made money from that be categorized as deep, personal, and private?” he mockingly talked back to me.

Seriously. This guy is really getting on my nerve.

“I don’t understand how people can talk with you” I replied nonchalantly and left to go inside the meeting room, ignoring his glare at me.

Here we go…

 

 

“Ok, let me repeat it again” Kim Heechul, the director of my modelling agency, swing his hands left and right as he leaned to the back of his baby blue chair. “You two” he appointed me and Kris who sat across him. “Are dating for somewhat time like… two or three months? And then have some lovey dovey time and then… BAM! Baby created. Is it like that?”

“Well-“

“As you see, she’s pregnant with my baby” Kris cut my words and just flatly responded to what Heechul oppa said. I could tell that Heechul oppa felt a little offended with the way Kris talked with him, but he maintain his smiley face.

“Right, right. Of course, that’s your baby. So now, you two planning on doing the marriage thingy?”

Again, I couldn’t say anything else because Kris, again, hissed impatiently and looked like he’s really annoyed by Heechul oppa. He’s cool on his façade only; his emotion is just like a ready-to-erupt volcanic mountain.

“Listen, Mr. Kim” he cleared his throat before he talked. “Me and her, we’re in a relationship” he took my left hand and raised it to the air to show Heechul oppa that we indeed dating. “We’re going to have a baby and we’re going to be married. Any problem with that?”

I closed my eyes and tiredly wiped my face with my right palm. This should not supposed to end like a mafia way oh my God.

“I don’t have any problem with that” Heechul oppa shrugged, playing with his intertwined fingers as he looked at me and Kris. “Question” he asked, raising his index finger like a student wanted to ask a question to his teacher.

“Jinah are you planning to continue your career or what?” Heechul oppa’s face changed into a serious one, the one he showed every time we’re doing rehearsal before performing. He used to be one of the strictest mentors in the agency. “You’re one of my precious models here and I don’t think you’re going to throw your talent just like that”

“I’ll finish all of my existing contracts-”

“And?” Heechul oppa cut my words, making me looked at him. “And what after the contracts ended? You do know that we currently have tons of contracts with lots of brands, right?”

“Mention me your number”

Unexpectedly Kris suddenly talked and I really have to look at him to see what he’s going to do. I started to regret taking him along with me; I knew I should have done better with talking just with Heechul oppa, without Kris between us. He’s practically messing things around. Hearing his words, Heechul oppa looked a little confused.

“What number?”

“How much is the payment you wish to have for her to end the contracts?” Kris asked.

“A minute. What payment? What contracts ending? Wh- How- Oh no. Are you thinking to quit this agency, Im Jinah?” Heechul oppa grew his eyes bigger and looked at me like I’ve been doing such a sin.

“Oppa… It wasn’t like that” I started to talk. I really have to clear this misunderstanding. “What Kris meant was that, if we have to pay the fine for violating the agreement between me and the bran-“

“What fine are you going to pay? And what violation are you talking about here? What is wrong with you two?” Heechul oppa shook his head and landed his stare at me.

I looked at Kris and even though he didn’t look back at me, I just knew that actually he looked confused also.

“Aren’t you wishing to confirm something from our meeting today?” Kris questioned him.

“Well yes, about the pregnancy, the marriage. I do really want to know the truth about it. Jinah has not been dating any guy the last two years, so when she’s suddenly having a baby while she’s not even dating anyone, I felt so…intrigued. Now that you’ve explained to me that you two are actually dating and about to get married, I just need to know when you are going to do a comeback as the models again and whether are you agree with what I’m going to tell to you”

No one was talking. The three of us just looked at each other and I’m looking forward to what Heechul oppa going to say to me.

“Go ahead” Kris said.

“As you may know, you’re my favorite darling here and me, personally, and all the brand representatives, as a whole, feeling a little…surprise with the announcement that’s coming from Mr. Wu here” he smiled to Kris and me. “We’re surprised with the baby on the way and of course, about the marriage. But these three days that were left hanging by the two of you actually gave us some blessings, though” he paused, clearing his throat.

“That day, Jinah, the past three days, I’ve been receiving so many calls and it’s all only about you, or the two of you. And I couldn’t say anything, of course, since I have never heard any of this…nonsense- which is now, a truth!” Heechul oppa quickly corrected his words as Kris looked at him with such an underestimated look. “But even though I didn’t say anything, the brands did say something

I felt my heart tightened as I heard his words, this didn’t sound good at all. Those brands were the popular one and I didn’t think that the news about me made them wanted to call my agency with good news.

“They want you…” Heechul oppa hung his words, as he dramatically looked at me. “…To be their spokesperson for another round of the year. Most of them, offered you their exclusive contract and some new brands also made a call to me. It’s coming from maternity brands and of course, wedding gown. You’ve been called for the mother and baby magazine cover story plus a request had been raised from the Bride magazine, whether they can cover your wedding story or not”

And with that information told by Heechul oppa, all I can do was just sighed in relieved and parted lips, feeling surprised with what I’ve just heard. I wasn’t dreaming, right?

“So there’s no legal action coming from the brands?” Kris, on my behalf, voiced the things that I’ve been waiting to confirm.

Heechul oppa shook his head. “No, no, no. They want you, Jinah, and if it’s possible, you too, Mr. Wu” he appointed Kris who looked back with a frown.

“Me? What does it have to do with me?”

Heechul oppa let out his chuckle and small laugh. “Dear… Let me remind you, Mr. Wu. If you haven’t forgotten the fact that your supermodel girlfriend is famous, like she’s everywhere in the billboard in the cities, you should be aware that whoever dating her, worth recognition. And now that you’re here, standing as proud and handsome as you announced the baby and your marriage with her, people will getting their attention towards you also. Plus, you’re Kris Wu, one of the hottest bachelors out here in the country. Who doesn’t want you?”

Really, I wanted to laugh over oppa’s words but what to do, Kris Wu currently glared at me.

“So there’s nothing to be worried about her contracts? She’s safe?” Kris asked again, reassuring.

“All she need is just saying yes or no towards the offer. You’re going to have so many interviews and broadcast requests, since Home & Décor also already contacted me to get coverage of your future residence, if there’s any, of course. And if the two of you allowed them for sure…”

I shook my head in disbelief. I thought that everything would be a disaster, but turned out it’s changed into some of…blessings? I couldn’t imagine how things doing, but I thanked God for letting me have this way. Instead of being cut by the brands, I just got new offering and of course, it’s something good that I never imagined. Not after I knew about my pregnancy…

“So, how do you say about it? Is it good?”

“She’s pregnant, is it okay for her to work like that?” Kris asked Heechul oppa. I almost forgot that he’s still in this room.

“We can always schedule it. No worries, I guess?” Heechul oppa replied with a wide smile. I looked at Kris, not necessarily asking for his answer though; I think I need to talk with him later on regarding this agreement. He looked back at me and for seconds, I thought I saw him like he wanted to talk with me. Ok, that’s weird.

“Just don’t get too tired” he muttered and immediately taking his phone. I nodded slowly and just like that, I held Heechul oppa’s hands and hugged him immediately.

“You have no idea how relieved I am today, Oppa” I said, sighed in contentment.

“Is it okay for you to hug me like this? Your boyfriend won’t be angry?” Heechul oppa whispered to me as he hugged me back in hesitant. “He looks so scary… Urgh, his eyebrow and his frown… Are you sure you date that kind of guy?”

I let out a small chuckle as I broke my hug. “Stop talking like he’s a bad guy here… That angry face is just his face template” I bit my lower lips, glancing at Kris who’s still checking on his phone. “Besides, he’s good”

Heechul oppa raised his eyebrows in curiosity. “Good? Like, what good? Is he good in bed?”

“Oppa!!!” I automatically hit his shoulder, making Kris looked away from his phone and immediately stared at the two of us.

“Everything is fine, Mr. Wu. You don’t have to worry about anything” Heechul oppa held his hand up and making a defensive moves. “What a cute boyfriend you have there” he teasingly said to me.

“Oppa please…”

Kris made a time up sign with his hands, signed to me that he got a call and have to answer it. I just nodded as I released myself from Heechul oppa’s embrace.

“So you’re really going to be married, huh?” Heechul oppa asked softly.

Married. That sounded so foreign for me, but yeah, I’m going to be married in such a short time.

“Hmm. Yes… Unbelievable, right?”

“Indeed. Considering that you’re almost married once back then and-“

I shook my head. “Oppa please…”

“He’s not out yet, right?” Heechul oppa asked me again, softly patted my shoulder.

“Pardon me?”

“Does he know about your marriage?” Heechul oppa looked at me with a knowing look, but I could only shake my head.

“I don’t want to talk about it, I have more important things to do” I muttered and thankfully, Heechul oppa understand about it. I was about to talk with oppa regarding my marriage, right when Kris walked back inside the meeting room. He looked a little not happy, if that’s not his daily face template.

“I’m sorry, but can we leave now?” he asked, more to Heechul oppa rather than to me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, he seemed so furious.

“My mother”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I couldn’t stop fidgeting my fingers as we rode back to the hotel. I was sitting restlessly on the back of the limo, checking to see outside the windows. Kris, contrary to me, was sitting calmly even though he couldn’t stop checking on his phone. He sighed, I knew it, but he didn’t look panic or nervous at all. Probably because he knew it’s his mother, and probably what mattered was not his very own parents.

“Relax” he said. “There was probably nothing really happened there” he said again.

“I can’t” I replied. I felt so worried and I couldn’t help being nervous all the way to the hotel.

Right when we’re visiting my agency, his mom apparently went to see my parent that’s staying in W Hotel. And I knew how serious things would be. It was always like this with a chaebol family, the tense, the insult, everything. I knew it like the back of my palm. And knowing all of these things didn’t help me at all to feel relax.

“I won’t let anything happened to your parents” he said again, trying to make me feel at ease, but I knew that even Kris could never do anything if it’s related with his parents. It was not the way you deal with your chaebol parent; there will be always a price to pay.

“You better be” I replied, quickly grabbing my purse as the car stopped in front of the lobby of W Hotel. Kris helped me to get off from the car and quickly pulled me closer to him as the reporters gathered fast when we walked at the lobby. I didn’t really care about them actually; all I have in my mind was my parents.

“This way, Sir”

I heard Chen’s voice as I saw him near the elevator once we’re inside the hotel, leaving the reporters outside. We quickly took the elevator and waiting for it to reach the 50th floor, the place where my parent stayed.

“What’s happening?” Kris asked Chen, as he looked at his personal assistant.

“The president went directly to see Miss Im’s parents; I was just being informed by one of our staffs who helped to serve the foods and drink. It’s held at the recreation room of the private lounge”

“How long has she met them?” Kris asked again.

“Almost an hour, Sir” Chen answered. He hesitated a bit but the added, “I’m sorry I couldn’t get inside. I was banned to stay at 50th floor according to the president’s order”

I could see the change of Kris’ face expression. He also couldn’t hide his anxiety over the news. I have no idea on what’s happening during the meeting between his mother and my parents. But I really wish it wasn’t something bad, or something that might break my parents’ hearts, again. I couldn’t afford if it’s true, that his mother indeed hurting my parents. If it ever happens, I wouldn’t think twice to cancel this marriage.

Once we arrived at the mentioned floor, Chen went back to the lobby since he couldn’t get off to the 50th floor. I followed Kris direction and arrived at the private lounge where people who stayed at presidential suit could enjoy private lunch or dinner there. We passed the quiet reserved lounge and went directly to the closed recreation room, where two guards stayed in the front.

“I don’t want to talk twice. Open this door” he ordered to the guards. I’m afraid already that they wouldn’t let us in, but in turns, they nodded and opened the door politely. I nodded back to the guard but then quickly followed Kris as he immediately walked inside.

I thought I would see an emotional fight between my parents and his mother, but all I saw were just three people sharing a cake and tea while talking in such peace and serenity. Kris and I looked to each other and looked back to our parents who looked at us in confused.

“Oh, you two are here” his mom said and smiled. “Come here, join us”

The hotel staff quickly pulled two chairs for me and Kris to sit on. He took my hand and led me to sit first. I looked at my parents’ expression; they just looked back at me.

“What is this, Ma?” Kris looked at his mother, asking as politely as possible. Clearly his mother knew that what Kris meant as “this” was the event she held on right now. 

“Family meeting, of course” Lady Wu answered as she smiled again, asking the servant to serve the tea and cake for both of us. “So, Jinah, have you checked your pregnancy to the doctor yet?” she suddenly asked me, making me a little startled but I managed to nod.

“Your condition is fine, right? I have to make sure of it since you are going to have the wedding ceremony and reception in such a short time” she said. “Right, Mrs. Im?” his mother looked to my mom who placed her tea cup and nodded.

“Well yes. I’ll accompany you to the doctor later on, Honey. We have to make sure that you’re healthy and fit enough to hold on such a wedding party”

I blinked my eyes in confusion. What was happened? It was just a day after my meeting with my parents and Kris as we informed about my pregnancy and the wedding plan, yet they’re now sitting calmly along with his mother and talked like a very close friends. I looked at my dad; he didn’t look angry or furious at all. He seemed to enjoy the talk and the drinks.

“Pardon me?” I voiced my hesitation. “What is it are we talking about?”

“Your wedding, Dear, of course” his mom answered. “Why?”

“Ma, what are you planning?” Kris muttered as he looked at his mom, but Lady Wu just smiled to her only son.

“I knew that the two of you are about to get married, so I initiate a meeting with your parents, Jinah, to talk about this matter further since I have not met with them also. Your parents are definitely nice, just like you”

I didn’t hear any disagreement from my parents as they continued to talk about the wedding preparation. And I didn’t realize that we started to talk about the preparation right away. I think Kris didn’t know about his mother’s plan also, he just looked at three elders in this room and sometimes they would do some talk exchange. It’s just weird to see my father being so opened up to Lady Wu. He’s always a good talker though, but considering that it’s my dad first meeting with Lady Wu, seeing him talking in excitement like that made me a little feeling worried yet relieved; worried because I haven’t really talked with Lady Wu about me being married to his son and relieved because Lady Wu indeed treated my parents well.

“I think we should call the event organizer and held the meeting for tomorrow, I want the party to be perfect as it’s our only son and daughter marriage” Lady Wu said again, clasping her hands together. “Are you two okay with this?” she suddenly asked me and Kris, who apparently just sat in silent throughout the conversations. Both of us still found it hard to see the view in front us; on how his mother became so close with my parents and how my parents accepted the offer gave by his mom.  

“We’ll talk further about this marriage, Ma” he answered. “The wedding plan, I’ve already talked about it with my persons and it didn’t have to necessarily held at-“

“I’m doing a garden party for the two of you at this hotel. So let’s just see what the event organizer can do for that to help us. This should be fine for you, Jinah?”

I could only nod and just let his mother finished her talks with my parents. Really, I tried to check on any strange or mischievous words spoken by Lady Wu, but really, she’s just nice and lovely, so different from the day I first talked to her in her house. And I believe Kris already be prepared with his mother’s actions. All of us stayed at the recreation room until we finished talked about the matter that need to be discussed, with me and Kris being a total displayed. I never knew my mother and his mother matched well in this type of talk, while my father sometimes stole a look to me and Kris.

In the end, we agreed to hold the meeting again with the EO and decided to end the discussion first. I’m still amazed with the things that’s happening and really hoping that it wasn’t a dream I lived on. It’s decided also that Lady Wu would like to make a statement by her regarding this wedding plan so the reporters would not bother our family again. And it’s decided also that for my own safety during my pregnancy, I’ll stay at my parents’ until the wedding day.

And as I saw my parents talked to Lady Wu and Kris sometimes chatted with my father, it hit me on how real was this feeling. I’m about to be married, to the stranger I’ve spent a night with and apparently is the father of the baby inside me. My life totally changed, and the fact that I’m going to have a bond with him, the guy with ashy blonde hair across me who suddenly looked at me, just made it clear that I’m so going to have a new life; especially when his mother went to my side and hugged me softly as I bid my goodbye to her. 

“Welcome to the Wu family, Jinah”   

I never knew that it would feel that real. It felt just…beautiful.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I was done taking bath when I saw Sora’s text regarding the wedding dress. She’s definitely going to be my bridesmaid and since my wedding dress was ordered by my in-law’s favorite designer, I wanted her to choose the dress she wanted. When we’re done with the talk, I decided to sleep early since I’ve been to places these several days. I went back with my parents to our house, no more reporters there since Kris’ mother confirmed about the wedding plan and scheduled some interview with the media later on. Finally I could step in to my own house and left Jongin’s place where I stayed the past three days.  

I lay my body on the bed, softly rubbing my stomach. There has not been any bump, but I kept feeling there’s something, I didn’t know whether I could really feeling the baby but it sure felt nice to almost sleeping by softly rubbing my stomach. I needed to regain my energy, so for sure; I do really need a sleep. But right when I’m about to sleep, my phone rang and revealed Kris name on it.

“Hello?”

“Hello”

It’s indeed his voice. We’re just stayed in silent, waiting for one of us to talk. But since no one is talking, he finally took the chance to speak. “Are you sleeping?”

“No, not yet. Anything to tell?”

“Well, I’ve talked to my mom. I didn’t know what’s her hidden agenda, but she promised me that it wouldn’t involve your parents so you can be at ease now” he explained the things earlier with his mother.   

“I understand” I replied as I laid myself deeper on the bed. “I’ll talk again with your mom” I unconsciously yawned, as I felt the softness of my bed made me kind of feeling sleepy.

“Am I interrupting your sleeping time?” he asked again, “It’s late already, go to sleep” he said.

”Hmm…” I could only hum with a very low will to reply his words. I could hear his chuckle on the phone.

“Anyway, thanks for today. We’ve passed another obstacle before the marriage” he said, making me awake again. “But we can discuss it again tomorrow. For now, good night Jinah”

“Well, okay. Good night, Kris”

And the line went dead.

I couldn’t really think much about how lucky me and Kris today. Talking to my agency and his mother were our homework, but it’s just done like that. I didn’t have to face any drama or so and even meeting his mom was somehow felt so light and kind of easy, the things I doubted the most at first. I’m not being delusional, but I started to think that it’s all because of my pregnancy, that this baby is actually giving me some positive energy for me to do the things I never thought before and helped me and Kris to get things easily.  

 I rubbed my stomach again softly. I knew that from the very first time I wanted to keep this baby that it’s never wrong to stand its presence. The baby had been accompanied me to do things I thought I couldn’t do and even though it’s just merely few weeks since the baby came into my life, but I felt like I’ve known it for quite a long time. I smiled to myself as I rubbed my stomach again.

Is this motherhood? The feeling of owning and longing for the baby? Is it finally come to me? I’m not sure of it but I’m happy with this and nothing more matters. My problems seemed to be disappearing; my parents and Kris’ mother get along well, I renew my contract with the agency, and I’m going to have the baby the way I want it. Nothing could be happier than all of this, right?

I yawned again, realized that I have to sleep. I couldn’t stay late, considering the baby condition. I lie down on the bed, hands on my belly as I covered myself with the blanket. Tomorrow would be another busy day, I have to visit the doctor and meet the wedding organizer as well. I have to be healthy no matter what.

I closed my eyes before drifted to the dreamland and resting my tired body. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come.

Goodnight, Baby.       

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

More to come. I hope I didn’t make it too long, but there’re a lot of things needed to be explain. Well. Please enjoy the update. 

And do share me your thought on this :)

Have a nice weekend everyone!