About Us

Perfect Timing

 

"About Us"

 

When I opened my eyes this morning, I noticed the white sheet that’s covering my lower body. I refused to fully open my eyes though, I still felt a little sleepy and the soreness I felt around my body made me kind of lazy to just even lift a finger. The soft bed comforted my body, surrounding me with the warmth and the scent of her and ours. Upon noticing the sticky wet feeling around my skin and the reddish mark around my chest, I smiled to myself, feeling happy and satisfied.

The resort in Jeju finally opened and last night, our company made a huge launching event. Inviting our VVIP guests and several reporters to personally experience our unique resort, we’ve finally launched the Wu Resort in Jeju Island. Jinah was coming as well, despite the presence of Kim Woobin. He talked to me though, about coming only for the press release but left after that; he refused to cause a scene at the official event, where the rumor that involved the three of us could fire up the whole project. Thankfully, the event went well and there was no question about the rumor appeared during the event as the guests were all satisfied with our special resort. I was happy, the boards of director were impressed as well with the final appearance of the resort, and our resort already mentioned to be the next big thing this year for the tourism around Jeju Island. Proud, I am.

I had to spend another two weeks in Jeju in order to prepare the whole thing. Most of the project members resided temporarily in Jeju to make sure that the whole preparation for the launching would be perfect. I did not tolerate any imperfection at this level, not when my first personal project was involved. This was supposed to be the test I was taking in order to gain personal trust between the board members. It’s the time already for me to prove that I’m capable to handle all the matters related with the company and by managing the new project on my own, I think I was on my way to finally get approval of those members. Hopefully.
But aside from that stuff, being able to see my beloved wife was another thing I treasured a lot. Been leaving her all by herself in Seoul the past two weeks, to finally picked her up at the airport while sneakily stole a kiss to her pretty lips was like a heaven for me. I was happy that she made it to accompany me the night before the launching and the after party, although I was half drunk since people kept giving drink to my hand. I knew I should behave, I limited the amount of the alcohol that’s allowed to consume, but still, when the alcohol sedated inside me, the tipsy feeling quickly circulated around my blood. The memories of last night weren’t forgotten though, I recalled I had few drinks and talked with the guests, and with the boys; Jongin, Kyungsoo, Luhan, Tao, they’re all came to the event, while we celebrated Chen and Jieun’s wedding announcement as well. And when the whole event ended, I got my time with my woman.

Jinah was looking really pretty last night with her elegant white one shoulder dress. Like it was made for her only, the dress fell perfectly, wrapping her perfect lean curvy body that I missed the past weeks. I knew I haven’t seen her for quite a long two weeks but never once I missed to call her and heard what she’s been doing while I’m away. I didn’t want to sound like an over possessive husband; but when it came to my woman, I would never left her all alone without knowing what she’s been up to. I’m glad that she’s okay with the phone call arrangement though. So when I finally saw her with my own eyes and felt her with my hands, skin to skin, I couldn’t hold on the feeling to shower her with my affection.

We started as two tipsy couple headed to our room while I roamed around her body. I missed every curve she has and her scent, and of course, her kissed that didn’t fail to amuse me. We were crazy last night, I bet. It didn’t take me long enough to bring her to cling on my body. When she hooked her legs around my waist and circled her arms on my neck, I quickly attacked her with my lips. I didn’t remember how we ended up around the bed, all I knew was that we seemed to acknowledge each other’s body that both of us managed to undress one another and when I finally got inside her, I felt like I’ve reached home.

I wanted to savor our moment though, so instead of taking her fast and rough, I decided to make a slow love upon her. I worshipped every part of her body and wanted her to know that I’ve been missing her so much that I could go crazy if I have to wait for another day without seeing her. Jinah herself was being really responsive and sensitive to all of my touch around her body. Her purred was like music to my ears and every time she moaned as she called my name weakly, I was determined to pleasure her. I didn’t want to overwork her though, so when she’s totally gave up as she came for the fifth time as she bit on her my shoulder, I knew that she’s on her limit. She used to come more than five times though, but ever since the accident and with her lowered body condition; it’s been really long since we could make love to each other fully. But I knew she’s thankful and satisfied with what I’ve done, never once she stopped kissing on my chest as we cuddled aftermath. Having her around me while I’m still inside her and fell asleep just like that really boosted my mood.

I groaned as I stretched my long body on the bed, peeking to the bedside next to mine. I was expecting to see her though, sleeping with her lips parted and pale face, but all I saw was an empty bed. Judging from the bright light that fell on the bed, it was late enough for me to wake up and for her as well. Jinah didn’t like to stay too long on the bed once she’s fully awakened, so probably she’s already up and stayed at the pantry. I moved my neck, giving it a soft massage before I took my boxer that I found scattered on the floor along with my suits and shoes. I didn’t notice Jinah’s dress though; she probably hung it up already. Although she’s a late bloomer, she had a tendency to be clean and organized, there’s no way she would get her dress on the floor left unattended. But I wonder why she left my clothes there. I shook my head, decided that it wasn’t my main focus for now.

Looking at my reflection on the mirror, my bed hair and sleepy swollen face showed how ruined I was last night. Smirked to my own face, I turned around to look for my woman. I haven’t really talked with her, giving the time we had last night only filled with moans and more moans. I planned to take her around Jeju for today, probably only strolling around to look for a fresh air. I missed her, badly. And after I finished the launching of this resort, I could go back to Seoul with her and prepared for the  huge renovation in the hotel in Seoul. That could wait though, I still needed to review our new resort and how it’s going before execute another project. And that means, more time with Im Jinah.

“Jinah?” I called her as I didn’t feel her presence inside our room. The resort was exclusively built one by one, with one resident consisted of a living room, bedroom, bathroom, pantry, and a private pool at the back of it. And currently, we stayed at one of the residents. But ever since I stepped out from the bed room, I couldn’t see her.

“Jinah, where are you, Baby?” I called her again as I walked outside to the pool. It’s empty, it seemed like I was the only person inside the resort. I frowned, thinking where she possible be. Our resort was the further among the others and I believed she wouldn’t leave me for a breakfast, since we could personally ask for the breakfast to be prepared at our place. I cleared my throat as I walked back to take my phone; probably she’s out with the boys since she hadn’t seen them for a while. Upon walking back to the room, I noticed that the resident was way too empty and I have a really bad feeling when her phone was turned off.

I was totally awakened when I felt like there’s something wrong. I quickly called Chen, wonder if he saw Jinah or not, but since he had not yet leaving his own room, he had no idea about Jinah’s position. I called Tao as well, she’s close with him and might visit him, but he said he’s been with Luhan all the morning as they jogged around the beach and had not yet seen her. I grew panic, where would she be? I started to walk back to my room, trying to get dress. I might need the help of the security, my wife was suddenly missing. But all of the frantic movements I did stopped as I noticed her luggage was nowhere seen.

I recalled she placed her luggage inside the walking closet, but as I took my clothes there, I didn’t saw her pink luggage. I have a thought in my mind; I quickly checked on the bathroom, there’s no trace of her stuff there. I walked out and quickly dialed Chen, asked him to contact the security to give me last night’s CCTV record. But before that, I reassured myself that her stuff really went missing. I rechecked once again and I realized that she’s really disappeared and I left with a very bad thought. Was something happened to her? Why would she leave me all alone here?

I stormed out from the room and prepared to go to the security office but my pace was paused as I noticed a white envelope above the coffee table. I was probably too focused on looking for Jinah I missed the presence of the envelope. I walked to the table, opened it slowly since I was having a bad feeling upon seeing the title of the envelope, the law ministry name appeared there. Once I opened the envelope and found the content, I really couldn’t believe what I saw there.

I read and read and read all over again the sheets that were appeared there, afraid that my eyes fooled me. But no matter how I read it, the envelope stated that my wife, Im Jinah, filled a request to disengage from our marriage. She asked for a divorce and for that reason, filling this form and asked for a legal separation with me. She wanted to end this marriage.

I blinked my eyes several times before decided to take a rest on the seat next to me. Jinah wanted to divorce with me. She wanted to be separated from me. She... I gulped and shook my head. I mean... how... what’s wrong with us until she wanted a divorce? A divorce! I really had no idea how she could come up with this idea of separation. We’re good, we’re fine. What was last night about if we’re having a problem? What did she meant with divorce when we’re not even argue? We’re totally fine. What was she thought about divorce with me?

At the front door I heard Chen was knocking, calling on my name several time. And no matter how tired I was to answer him, I knew he must have something for me. A news about her; so I dragged my heavy feet to the door and opened it for him. Chen looked a bit confused, either he has something from me or because he was surprised to see my baffled face. 

“Hyung” he started, a bit hesitated to continue or not.

“Speak” I said as I walked back inside the room. Chen followed me, standing right in front of me while I took a seat on the long couch, eyes to the floor. He took a long breath before he started to speak.

“The CCTV, Jinah noona was recorded there” he said, I noticed he was a bit confused on what to tell or not.

“And what did you find about her appearance?” I weakly asked him.

“She left the resident, around 4 in the morning. She was seen leaving the resort with the taxi that already stands by on the lobby. She brought her luggage as well”

Silent. No one said anything; even to take a breath was hard for me already. What was wrong here? Was she pulled a prank on me?

“Chen”

“Yes, Hyung?”

“Is April Fools happened the whole month?” “Hyung?” he glanced at me with a puzzled face.

I sighed as I looked at the calendar on the table next to the couch. It’s the second week of April, it’s past the April Fools already. I was really hoped that she’s pulled a prank on me, and although it was too much for a joke, I would still forgive her and welcome her back. Because no matter what, I still wanted her and her only.

But sadly, it wasn’t a joke. Not even close, as I received a call from my personal lawyer informing that a formal invitation for a hearing already scheduled for me and her to settle on the divorce.

She really wanted to leave me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I looked blankly at the cafe mentioned on the text. It’s a quite cafe at the side of the city, not too crowded not too empty, perfect for a meeting. After the confusing morning in the resort two days ago, I had not been in touch with Jinah; I was thought that she’s back to her family house but when her mom called me to ask for our news; I realized that her parents must have not yet heard about this divorce. And I doubt my mom would know either.

I called her so many times to the point my phone went dead due to the battery drain and still, no reply from her. I didn’t know her whereabouts, but I believed she’s back in town already. I tried to look for her around the city, rechecked on every hotel and asked whether she booked a room there, because clearly she didn’t stay at our house; but I never heard anything from her or her presence being noticed by anyone. She’s nowhere to be found and when I called Sora, she’s totally in utter shock to know that Jinah was recently missing. I was left clueless.

But the search for her ended as I received a text message from her, asking me to go to the cafe she mentioned for a meeting regarding the divorce. She didn’t say anything else on the text message and when I tried to call, the number was already turned off. Somehow, I felt like I didn’t know her; it was like I talked to someone I never met before. But I wanted to know the reason, I need the answer for all the questions that ran in my mind. I needed to know what was happened until she filed for a divorce while leaving me clueless.

Running my fingers around the stir, I softly tapped on the surface, hesitated to go out from my car. I wanted to see her; I wanted to talk with her. I wanted to know what she had in mind, I wanted her to tell me what’s not working with us until she wanted to stop this marriage while I was feeling that there’s nothing wrong with us, with this marriage that I had with her. Done with my hesitation, my curiosity took place to help me gathered a courage to see her. She might already arrived at the cafe, waiting for me as well. With a heavy heart, I started to walk to the cafe. My answer waited there.

When the employee opened the door for me, I was the only customer inside. I wondered if Jinah booked the place for this meeting only, but I didn’t think that’s possible, giving the employee offered me the menu and asked for my order, just like usual. I asked only for a cold mineral water, there’s nothing else I needed. I was thinking to inform her that I arrived, but I cancelled it; she would be coming, I believed on her.

Fifteen minutes passed since the waiter served the mineral water and due to my nervous self, I drank half of the water in one gulp and with a trembling hand, rubbed on the glass up and down until the ice melted, wetted the outer part of the glass. Jinah has not yet coming and I started to feel uncomfortable with her late appearance. I never like to wait for someone. I’m a sharp person; if I promised to come at 8, then I’d come at 8. Sharp. No late, no delay. And if it weren’t for her, I must have been left already. But it’s Jinah, and for now, there’s nothing else matter but our relationship.

I was about to call her when the bells on the front door rang, informing a guest arrival. I was a bit surprise to see my good friend, Junmyeon, arrived at the cafe and looked at me directly. I frowned at first but since we haven’t seen each other for a while, we used to have a golf session together and work partnership; I dropped my phone on the table and saluted him. Surprisingly, he took a seat across me, on the same table.

“What a coincidence” I said to him, unable to hide my disappointment upon not seeing Jinah. Junmyeon smiled a bit, before biting his lower lip and looked at me. I wondered what was happened to him until he gave me a very apologetic look. “How have you been?”

He cleared his throat before speaking. “I’m good” he replied.

“Do you perhaps have an appointment here?” I asked him a bit straight. I knew Jinah was not yet coming, but I didn’t want to be seen as busy talking with a friend when she arrived here later on. I might as well ask Junmyeon to leave my table.

“Yeah, I have an appointment here” he replied.

“I have one as well. Don’t you think it’d be better for us to wait for our guests in our
own table?” I suggested, earning a glance from Junmyeon.

“I’m meeting my appointment” he replied calmly, gazing directly to my eyes. I raised
one of my eyebrows.

“Me?” I appointed to myself. “I didn’t have any appointment with you, Junmyeon”

“Well, you have” he responded, putting his leather bag at the top of the table. A nice postman bag, I noticed.

“Listen, Junmyeon. I have appointment with my wife-“

“Jinah Wu, or Im Jinah. Yes, I know. And I’m here to see you, on her behalf” he cut my words and opened his bag, putting out a file he carefully took out from the bag. I watched him opened the file and placed it above the table. “Divorce file” he mentioned, I didn’t know whether he talked to himself or to inform me.

“I don’t understand” I coldly said to him. I have a very good relationship with Junmyeon, but I didn’t understand why he would know about my divorce with Jinah and why he’s represented her.

“Your wife came to my office, around several weeks ago. She came for her friend’s case, at first. But after consulting for a while with me, she finally said that it was her case, the divorce she’s talking about” he explained, pointing at the file he brought.

As like the divorce file was not enough to knock me down, now Jinah used my close friend to help her got the divorce? I leaned to the back of my seat, looking at him in disbelief.

“What is it all about, Junmyeon? Help me to understand” I said to him as I shook my head. “Why she wanted a divorce? Why she wanted to be separated with me?”

It’s Junmyeon turn to look at me, heaved a long deep breath. “She didn’t want to be with you anymore. She’s not happy and she didn’t want to continue to stay with you, not in a marriage that was fake”

“Fake?”

“I knew about the root of your marriage, Kris. You two were never wanted to marry each other, but the baby was there, so-“

“That was at first, when we didn’t know the feeling we have for each other. But we confessed what we felt and I stayed with her for real” I cut him off. “I wanted to spend my life with her”

“Based on what she told me, she didn’t feel the same. She’s unhappy with the marriage and she wanted a separation”

“Bull”

“Kris” Junmyeon called me, looking at me with patience. I shook my head quickly, glared at him, showing my disappointment.

“Where is she now? Why she asked you to tell what she felt? Why didn’t she tell to me directly what she felt?”

“Calm down” he said, noticing the employees at the cafe started to look at me and Junmyeon with curiosity.

“I can’t calm down when my own wife asked for a divorce out of the blue, Junmyeon. What the hell is this all about?!”

“Darn it, Kris! Shut up and listen to me!” he hissed as he glared at me. For a second, I realized that he’s a lawyer for a reason. Kim Junmyeon, the head of Kim and Partner, was a very great lawyer in this country. He managed to handle top cases, usually being a representative for elite families, including my family, which made me left speechless. Jinah must have planned it very well, to attack me using my own family lawyer. What the hell was wrong with her?

“You’re my family representative” I said to him. “How could you face me in a court?”

“First of all, when she asked me to handle her case, she’s still a Wu. And I’m representing the Wu, so technically and legally, I was in the right place to be her representative”

I was chukled loudly to his statement. “So you’re going to send me another lawyer?”

“Your family has more than one group of lawyers to represent them, Kris”

“But you. I always handle stuff with you, Junmyeon. You know she’s ing my wife and yet you’re still accepting her request?” I furiously said to him. “We’re fine! I don’t know where this divorce issue started!” I groaned as I explained to him.

“Your anger would not bring you anywhere”

“!” I hissed to his reply. Junmyeon closed his eyes before opened it again, gazing through me.

“She’s plainly feeling that she’s unhappy with this marriage, Kris. No matter how I asked her to explain more, details of what made her feeling unhappy about the marriage, she wouldn’t answer. She just came to me, begging for her freedom” Junmyeon stated.

Was she really feeling unhappy with me? Unhappy with what? We’re talking like a normal couple talk, we argued several times I admitted, but recently, we’re really fine. Was I being away for work made her unhappy? But I didn’t leave her for good, it was merely two weeks and she’s with me the past two days in Jeju. And there, we clearly felt happy to see each other again. Which part of it she defined as unhappy?

“Kris, listen. Despite of my duty to see you as Jinah’s lawyer, I came here to offer you a help as friend”

“What is it you’re talking about? You came to destroy me with the divorce stuff and now you’re offering me a help? If you want to help me, you should’ve started it with telling her that what she’s doing is wrong”

“She’s on her private apartment” that’s all he said as I stopped talking. I glanced at him as he looked back at me. “She’s been hiding there since she’s back from Jeju. The apartment has not been used since she left to move with you. You never know this place, because all you know was her parent’s house and she never stayed at this place during her time meeting you” he continued. We still glanced at each other.

“As her representative, I wanted both of you to console each other of course” he said, gulping at once.

“And as a friend, I wanted you to see her, privately”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I felt my hurt thumping uncontrollably as the elevator moved up to the mentioned floor. We gained access to Jinah’s room. The private apartment allowed certain visitors with permission from the residents of the apartment, and using Jumyeon name, Jinah allowed us to get into her place. He only accompanied me up to the elevator and before I took it, he patted on my shoulder several times.

“Good luck. Use this chance to talk with her” that’s all he said before letting me took the private elevator. And once I got in, I couldn’t stop feeling all nervous. I had so many thoughts in my mind, so many questions to ask to her. But in the end, all I wanted was to win her back. I never wanted this divorce to ever happen in the first place.

A soft ‘ding’ sound was heard when the elevator opened the door, revealing a very cozy and comfortable place that suited Jinah. A huge picture of her was installed in the wall across the elevator, I didn’t fail to notice. She looked directly at me and although it was a picture, I felt like she’s looking at me and that’s right what I really hoped for her to do.

“Lawyer Kim, did you arrived al-“ Jinah couldn’t hide her shock expression as she saw me, in front of her.

Three days not seein her and I noticed how her face looked so pale and the fact that her mini dress even looked oversized in her body, I was aware with the fact that she’s indeed losing weight. Was it because she should be ready for her comeback in the runway? Or was she not feeling happy, with our marriage, just like Junmyeon stated?

“Kris...” she muttered my name, almost sounded like a whisper.

“Jinah” I replied, looking at her softly. No matter how I felt angry towards her action, still, I missed her. I couldn’t hide how my heart longed for her. Everything felt too absurd.

“H-how... Did Kim Junmyeon help you to get in?”

“I asked him to do it for me” I covered for Junmyeon. He’s been nice to let me met Jinah, at least covering him would be a good payback.

“Kris...” she sighed, covering her face.

“I want to talk with you, Jinah. Let’s talk, please” I pleaded towards her, walking closer to her. She was somehow quickly took a step back, so I couldn’t be closer to her. “Jinah?” I called her name, surprised to see how she avoided me.

“Hey, what happened, hmm? It’s me. Kris” I told her softly. She still looked to the ground, refused to look at me.

“Don’t do this, Kris. Please” she replied, helpless. I noticed that her voice sounded like she’s having a cold. I quickly walked to her, ignoring her protest and request to be away from her. She’s really having a cold, I was about to look for a medical equipment around the flat but she held on my hand. I looked back at her and to see the dark circles she had around her eyes, I suddenly felt so tired and dizzy.

“If you want to talk, let’s talk” she said, giving up.

I followed her to walk further inside her flat. A comfortable couch appeared in the middle of the living room, it’s so organized and clean, exactly Jinah’s like. Before I could start, she appointed to the couch and asked me to sit. She sat on the smaller chair, looking at me with an unreadable expression.

“What do you want to listen?” she asked me directly, quickly increased my emotional tension.

“Everything. Your reason, the divorce file. Everything I need to know, Jinah” I responded.
She took a deep breath before looking at me weakly. Her face was really pale, she didn’t put too much makeup and she let her hair loose. Finally, she looked at me. She was here, right in front of me, but I already felt so far from her.

“I was awakened to the fact that I’m not happy, Kris”

I frowned. “With what?”

“With us, with everything that happened I’m not happy”

“That’s not strong enough to get for a divorce, Jinah. People could always have a change of heart, one time we feel happy and the other time we’re not. It’s normal. You’re probably recently feeling unhappy, but actually you’re just feeling bored, you need something new” I reasoned.

She just looked at me. “I’m not happy with you”

There’s no one saying anything after she said that, leaving me with a surprise with her confession.

“You’re... not happy with me? With me?”

She closed her eyes before she took a deep breath, when she opened her eyes and looked at me, she nodded, confirming her answer. I chuckled and then let out a deep hiss.

“What the hell, Jinah?! Which part of our marriage that made you feeling not happy? Tell me, where I lacked of that you’re feeling unhappy with me?!”

“Everything, Kris. Everything! Do you think we’re really happy with each other? Do you really think that we’re truly fall for each other? We started as a partner, wanting to achieve our own goals through this marriage. Don’t you remember that?” she started to raise her voice as well.

“Yes, but then we confessed about our feeling, right? That we couldn’t stay away from each other? That a day not seeing each other felt like a torture? Wasn’t that enough, Jinah? Wasn’t that a proof that we fell for each other? We’re completing each other!” I replied.

“That’s when the baby was there” she shortly responded.

I looked at her in confused. “So all of this is about baby? You desperately want a baby, huh? Is a presence of a baby will solve every problem we have?!”

“YES! I WANT A BABY! AND YOU’RE NOT!”

“, Jinah! What the hell with you and a presence of baby, huh? Having a baby won’t solve anything!”

“From the very start, you never want that baby, Kris. Obviously” she said with a venomous tone.

“So you want the baby? Remember that you’re not even expecting pregnancy that time? But we ended up having it and we finally married and be a couple after we confessed about our feeling, Jinah. What the hell was wrong with you?!”

“That’s the hell is wrong, Kris. We’re never fall for each other. We’re just getting used to each other ever since the baby appears; it’s because we spent time together and that we kept seeing each other, we built a fake feeling. A fake marriage, a fake feeling. That was us”

I was speechless upon seeing her. Fake feeling? What I felt for her was fake? Oh hell!

“Jinah, stop being delusional. I’m happy with you, I want you and I really wish to spend my life with you. There’s nothing fake with that, Jinah”

She shook her head. “Ok, you’re happy with your own thought. But I’m not, Kris. You’re not the man I wanted to spend my life with”

“What?” I was baffled as I heard her reply. Was she really the woman I fell for? Was she really the woman that made me feeling upside down whenever she’s around me? Was she the same woman who gave herself to me upon our love making session? Was all this time she felt unhappy to stay with me because I thought we’re happy?

“We’re made by the condition. It’s because we accidentally sleeping together that I got pregnant. And after that, you’re apparently a heir who need a successor. I was happened to have what you need and you offered me a need of giving a good plan for the baby’s future. We’re mutually bonded. But now, with the absence of the baby, nothing left for us. We’re just faking it, Kris. There was never ‘us’ from the very start. It’s you and me, with our own need. You don’t have a successor now and I don’t have a baby to protect to. So clearly, our togetherness ended here”

“Im Jinah!” I roared her name, surprised with her thought. “We can always have another baby, Jinah. We can-“

“No we can’t. Why would we have another baby?”

“Because we’re married and we’re legally allowed to have a baby. And why wouldn’t we have another baby?” I asked her, still confused.

Jinah was looking at the ground, biting her own lips. “Because I don’t want to”

I covered my face with my palms, taking a harsh long breath. “You said that having a baby will solve our problem. Let’s just have a baby then!” I challenged her.

“See? This is how you value our baby, the tool to get you to your inheritance. Nothing more”

“Are we seriously talking about my inheritance and how I could get it, Jinah? The problem is us! It wasn’t about a baby; not a first, second, third, or whatsoever baby, Jinah. It’s us, we’re the problem here”

“And that’s why I offered you the solution. Divorce. We’re the problem here. You seemed either to develop thought that we’re actually happy when we’re not or you’re clearly having a one side feeling with me. Whatever you felt for me, Kris, I didn’t feel it” she stated, still using her flat expression.

“. We’re happy Jinah and I didn’t have a one side feeling with you. I could feel it, we’re happy, we’re perfect and both of us have the same feeling”

“Ok, let say we had the same feeling”

“We have the same feeling, Jinah” I cut her words.

“Can’t I say that I finally realized that you’re not the one? You’re not that man; you’re not the one that I wanted. I didn’t feel the same anymore” she continued, gazing at me with such an ignorant look.

“Jinah...” I called her, helpless. It seemed like no matter how I tried to explain to her, she still didn’t change her thought about the divorce.

“Let me go, Kris. Please. Let me go...” she pleaded, with a very weak voice, looking at me with a tired face.

“Baby, please” it’s my turned to pleaded to her; I even kneeled in front of her and cupped her face. She refused to look at me at first, but she ended up looking at me as I looked at her, resting my forehead towards her. She’s crying, I swore I hate myself for letting her crying like this. But although I wiped her tears dry, she still crying like there’s no tomorrow, making me kneeled straight, drowning her face to my shoulder.

“Shhh, don’t cry” I soothed her softly.

Everything was happened so fast with us, I knew. The unexpected pregnancy, the wedding, and the life we shared when we lived under the same roof. But one thing for sure, there’s no such a fake feeling like she said between us. Ok, if what she felt was fake like her confession, then at least she should know that never once I fake what I felt towards her. I was really deeply fallen for her, there’s no doubt on that. And as I promised myself so many months ago, although she wanted to leave me, no matter the reason was, I would be the one who hold onto her.

“Jinah” a voice was heard behind us, making me looked surprise to her. But when I turned around, I got more surprised. Kim Woobin was standing there, at the entrance of the living room.

“Oppa...” she softly said, didn’t sound surprise at all.

“What was this all about?” I looked at the two of them and as I expected, none of them could say anything.

“What are you doing here, Mr. Kim?” I asked him. The fact that he got the access here to her private place already boiled my anger.

“I want to meet Jinah” he replied, started to walk and as quickly as possible, I stood up and stopped his steps.

“Where do you think you’re going? I don’t think I’ll allow my wife to see you” I told him, holding on his shoulder, stopped him to walk further.

“You two are in the middle of divorcing” he said flatly.

“We’re not going to divorce” I replied firmly.

“Then talk at the court. But as for now, Jinah filed a divorce in between you and she asked me to stay with her. Right, Jinah?” he sounded so calm and sure. I quickly glanced at Jinah, she just looked at me with an apologetic look that I hate a lot.

“Why you want Kim Woobin to stay with you, Jinah? He’s ing the reason why you’re getting hit at the first place!” I told her loudly, kept looking at her with an annoyed glance, but she stayed still.

“Please leave, Kris” she said slowly.

“Jinah, he’s supposed to be the one who leave!” I appointed at Kim Woobin who stood still. His eyes were set to Jinah, watching her. And I was totally dislike it.

“Kris. Please... Leave” she repeated her words. She really asked me to leave instead of Kim Woobin.

“What is he doing here? What the hell he’s doing at your place, Jinah? Tell me!”

“I want to stay with him for a while. I couldn’t do that?” she replied flatly.

“Jinah!”

“Stop yelling at her, Kris Wu. She asked you to leave so please leave quietly or else-“

“Or what?”

Kim Woobin sighed and looked at me with a pity look. “Or else, I’ll call the security. You’re getting inside here using Kim Junmyeon name while your name was never listed on the allowed visitor. I could report it anytime I want”

“Are you threatening me?” I walked further, grabbing his collar. What the heck was this guy doing here? And why Jinah kept him?!

“Kris! Stop!” Jinah said, half screaming. “Kris, please. Please. Leave. I promise you we’re going to talk about this again but for now, Kris, please. Leave. Go out from my apartment” she gave me a pleading look.

Slowly, I took a step back and left Kim Woobin’s collar and glanced at her.

“I demand an explanation, Jinah Wu!” I told her before I stormed out from her apartment, harshly clicking at the elevator button. There was no sound heard once I left the living room and when I stepped inside the elevator, I just knew that there’s something off between us.

But I refused to believe that we’re over.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I demand an explanation, Jinah Wu!” I heard Kris yelled as he stormed out from the living room, heading to the elevator. I noticed he’s still waiting for the elevator and once the elevator door closed, informing his dismissal from my place, I took a deep breath as I fell to the floor.

“Jinah, are you okay?” Woobin oppa asked me, trying to help me to stand up.

I shook my head slowly then getting quick and upon the question whether I’m okay or not, the tears started to appear again. I couldn’t hide the pang in my heart as I kept yelling to Kris as we talked earlier and how he could be really rude when arguing, I didn’t fail to notice that; but when he’s really leaving my place, I could finally pour my heart out on the floor.

“I’m not okay, Oppa. I’m not okay!” I screamed, frustrated with our condition.

“Jinah...”

“I was not supposed to be okay, not even once! I love him, oh my God! And yet I told those things to him. Do you think I can be okay with that?!” I targeted my temper towards Woobin oppa and after that, crying with a loud sob as I remembered everything I told him.

I’m not happy with you.

I want to divorce with you.

You’re not the man I want to spend my life with.

Oh my God, those fake lies. I told him everything while it’s the opposite. Glancing at his picture that’s still appeared as my lock screen, I couldn’t help but to cry more and more until I had a hard time to breathe normally due to the excessive tears.

I’m sorry I have to lie again to you, Kris. I promised you, this would be the last time. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------