Giving Up

Perfect Timing

"Surrender"

 

song: Davichi - It's Okay It's Love

 

I kept running and running in the middle of trying to call Jongin. I was greeted by the busy tone every time I called him. I chuckled in annoyance, what would he be doing by now? I just gave him a simple command, yet he still not giving any feedback to me. I looked to the right before crossing the road. I was being impatient; I ignored anyone who’s on my way. And finally when I reached the other side, the call was beingg answered.

“Jongin? Where are you? Did you manage to see her?”

“Hyung”

“Where are you now?”

“Hyung... The plane, it’s boarding already”

I stopped my step and closed my eyes, letting out a long breath. I shook my head. I have to find her. Whether I should hop on the next plane to Rome or even taking the private jet, I should find Im Jinah and bring her back to me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

12 hours before.

Watching my reflection in the mirror, I was gazing a man who’s having his passion in his eyes. Never once in my life I finally am in this position, the only heir of the family, of the huge company. I had heard it since I was a little, that I was the boy that everyone had been waiting for, the one this family need to continue the family line. I had so many expectations on my shoulder that I’ve been carried the whole of my life. But I was never really understand how does it feel to be the one who’s chosen to save my family, to save my father’s legacy, up until I was summoned by the board member to a very huge meeting regarding how we’re going to continue the company management.

My mother had prepared me to be her successor. She always taught me how to handle problem, how to face people, how to manage a company, how to be a leader. But she missed to teach me how to face the nervous feeling of being the only one who could save anything or in return, destroy everything. My mother had been involved in several serious meetings with the board members who supported me to be the successor of this company, the CEO. I never knew that people in our company especially the board members were actually having a thought of not following the tradition of handling this company to the family. The absence of my inheritor was actually not the main topic though; my ability to lead this company to a better future was being questioned.

People acknowledged my leadership ability but for some reasons, several members dislike the condition where I was crowned as the heir automatically. I knew my mom had been worried; she’s afraid what my father had done for the company being replaced just by some people who didn’t value his legacy. And it’s finally hit me that I’m supposed to be here, fighting for everything my father wanted me to keep.

When I arrived at the hotel for the big meeting, I’ve discussed with Chen on what plan we have to prepare and what the voting system would be like. I was glad to see a lot of the board members and management who supported me came before the hearing. All we’re going to do by today would be to listen to both parties thought and the future voting mechanisms. I’ve talked to my mother and although she’s worried, she tried her best to hide it in front of me.

“Don’t let them swinging your emotion” my mother said during the first break of the meeting. There wasn’t anything serious yet, but my mother looked exhausted already. We still have to maintain the daily operation at the hotel and the other companies as well. This meeting should not affect the current regulation and that’s what my mother had been worrying.

“Ma, relax” I told her, rubbing her hand softly.

“I’m okay” she replied, avoiding my glance.

I walked to her and softly took her to my embrace, hugging her. “You should be” I said.

“It isn’t like we’re losing already, Kris”

“We’re going to fight for it. I’m going to keep father’s legacy, Ma”

“I’m scared” she whispered, hugging me back.

“Don’t be, Ma. We’re going to win this. I’m sure of it”

 

At the second break before the final hearing, I was about to go back to the meeting room but then a call from Kim Woobin made me a little confuse. It’s the first time he’s calling me after we’ve done our formal partnership of the resort in Jeju. Ever since I knew his fiancé was the cause of whatever happened to Jinah, I never wanted to talk with him anymore. But the peak was when he appeared as I’m about to ask Jinah about the divorce. I was so angry towards him that few days after that we’re involved in a fight at the backyard of the hotel. Telling him that I didn’t want to be involved anymore with him, both of us agreed not to talk or see each other. It was good, until he called me.

I didn’t answer his call though. And just like knowing that I wouldn’t answer, he texted me telling me to come to the lobby for him. When I replied his text telling him that I didn’t have a time for him, he changed his strategy.

“Meet me at the lobby or you’ll never see Jinah anymore”

Darn. He’s using her as bait. I’m scared that something bad happened to Jinah, so I decided to just pass by the lobby and if he just wanted to talk about something else, I’d go back to the meeting room. Arriving at the lobby, I found him sitting at the corner.

“I thought we agreed to not talking to each other any-“

“Jinah’s leaving for Rome this evening” he calmly responded.

I was taken aback by his response, but I remained idle upon the information. She’s leaving the country, just like what I did few months ago.

“Not my business” I commented and Kim Woobin looked surprised to listen my answer.

“It is”

I glared at him in annoyance. “Whatever happened between me and Jinah is not your business. Whatever she wants to do, it’s not my business. I hope you understand that and if you don’t have anything else to say, I’ll excuse myself” I said, standing up.

“Jinah...” I stopped at hearing him mentioned her name. “She’s leaving you for you”

I looked at Kim Woobin and from his expression I just knew that he’s not planning to play around with me. He sighed before he could look at me directly.

“I should not be the one who tell this but anyway, but...” he pause his words. “She’s told by the hospital that she couldn’t get pregnant again and she should get one of her ovaries taken, as it was infected and be the cause of her disability to get pregnant”

I blinked several times before I could really digest whatever Kim Woobin had said to me.

“Wh-what?”

Kim Woobin looked at me directly; I looked at him back with a disbelief stare.

“She’s...”

“She kept it for herself only at first, refused to let anyone know about her real condition but for sure, she wanted to protect you. So she eliminated you from the very start, taking the moment at the resort launching in Jeju as the farewell of you two” Kim Woobin continued, softly shaking his head. “I would never understand the way she thinks...”

“How-Why... Why did she do that?” I shook my head in disbelief. Jinah couldn’t get pregnant again? Like...ever?

“Are you a fool or what?” Kim Woobin chuckled, taking deep breath before he could say anything towards me.

“Kris Wu, you’re the heir of the Wu Global Company as well as the last Wu of your generation. You’re the hope of your family, to continue the blood line of the Wu. If Jinah couldn’t give you a baby to continue the line, what would the point she stayed with you?”

I glanced at Kim Woobin; I watched his reaction as he told everything to me. No matter how hard I tried to find something strange from his words, nothing came in my mind. I noticed that he told me the truth. And how true was his words meant... I was expected to continue our family existence, or it would be extinct if no baby boy under the Wu name ever appeared in this world. I was expected as well to keep our family business in line. I have so many burdens in my shoulder... yet the one who could make me strong, the one that I need in my life, left me for that reason.

Marrying an heir could be troublesome. I have to find a pair who could help me bears a child, a boy to be exact, and at the same time, I have to find my other half who would support me doing well, be my wife and the good mother to nurture our kids. And love mostly abandoned at this kind of situation. The woman I love probably couldn’t have a baby boy or worse, couldn’t even have a baby at all. And from what I knew, there’s no way she could stay at the family, if she has no ability to bear a child, another heir who will continue the big burden I already have. It’s just the matter of time I have to pass these expectations to my successor.

I felt bad once I knew that this particular reason was actually the real motive of Jinah to leave me. She couldn’t have my baby; she must have been felt so furious to know about this. I recalled how many times she felt worried of not having a baby boy before we knew that she’s carrying a boy. I knew how she’s having a hard time to sleep thinking of the future of our baby would be if it happened to be a girl. And to know that she couldn’t get pregnant anymore must have been frustrated her...

“Is she crazy or what...” I said weakly, closing my eyes as I rubbed on my forehead. This stubborn woman must have been thinking that what she did would be the best solution for everything.

“She knew that if you ever heard about her condition, you would never let her go, not even once. And she’s scared of the possibility of you leaving your family for her...” Kim Woobin said again.

“And why are you here to tell me everything about her?”

Kim Woobin looked at me and smirked like he always does. “This is my farewell gift for you. Either you take it or leave it. Her flight is in an hour, you still have time to stop her”

I looked at the watch and the view outside along with the meeting room above. I have to make a very quick choice. I have to be in the meeting room but at the same time, I have to see Jinah, to talk about everything to with her. The time was tickling and I knew that I couldn’t be greedy to be in two places at the same time. I have to choose. It’s Jinah or the company. Kim Woobin was still there, waiting for my decision. I closed my eyes before I let out a deep breath; taking the phone from my pocket I called my mother.

“Ma, I’m sorry but I couldn’t come for the final hearing. I’ll be back as soon as possible. There’s something important I have to do. I love you”

I didn’t wait to hear my mother response; I quickly looked at Kim Woobin, waiting for the next step. He gave me a bag of clothes and as he appointed to the back exit door, he made a motion for me to follow him.

“Go change the clothes; I’ll be going to the basement. Once you go change, take the left exit and wait there, I’ll be ready in a minute”

“Change?” I looked confused to the clothes he gave me.

“You’re not planning to appear on the headline again right, Wu?”

And just by that, I walked as fast as possible to the toilet and changed my clothes, from the suit to a black jeans and a black shirt along with a jacket and a hat. He seemed to be well prepared in order to get me out from the hotel without being seen by the reporters who waited outside the hotel. I quickly took the left exit and when I arrived there, his car already stand by. I took the front seat and when I’m done wearing my seatbelt, Kim Woobin drove as fast as possible, leaving the basement and quickly joined the crowded road.

We barely talking as he concentrated in driving while I made a call to Jongin. I recalled that he’s just back from Tokyo for his business trip; I’m sure around this time he should be still in the airport. Once Jongin confirmed to recheck on her flight and did whatever possible to catch on her, I called a pray to God for letting me seeing her. I wouldn’t waste this last chance to stop her and talk to her. Please God, please. I really have to see Jinah.

Kim Woobin dropped me at the main entrance of the airport, telling me to go directly to the departure gate while he parked the car. I didn’t think twice to run as soon as possible. I kept running and running in the middle of trying to call Jongin. I was greeted by the busy tone every time I called him. I chuckled in annoyance, what would he be doing by now? I just gave him a simple command, yet he still not giving any feedback to me. I looked to the right before crossing the road. I was being impatient; I ignored anyone who’s on my way. And finally when I reached the other side, the call was being answered.

“Jongin? Where are you? Did you manage to see her?”

“Hyung”

“Where are you now?”

“Hyung... The plane, it’s boarding already”

I stopped my step and closed my eyes, letting out a long breath. I shook my head. I have to find her. Whether I should hop on the next plane to Rome or even taking the private jet, I should find Im Jinah and bring her back to me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ma’am, are you okay?” the voice of the flight attendant made me looked away from the window to her. She’s smiling sincerely to me, asking if I need anything. I shook my head, telling her that I’m fine. I looked at the phone in my hand. It’s still there ever since I held it before getting on the plane, I had it turned off.

In the end, at the very last minute, I decided to not calling him. We’re not a couple anymore and no matter how important the company for him, I should know better that Kris wouldn’t need anyone to tell him that he should protect his company. He would do it anyway; he would fight for everything that his father had built. I didn’t need to be there for him, he already has his family, his mother, Chen, his close friends, and most important, Audrey. My presence wouldn’t change anything; I may even interrupt his work by calling him. It’s really over between us.

The speaker then informed some announcement regarding this flight and for some reason, there would be a delay for the flight. The grandmother next to me looked a bit worried, but I told her that maybe it’s probably caused by the weather or something. I didn’t know why but the dark sky of Seoul for some reason made me feeling a bit blue as I heard about the delay. If only I still have the courage to call him...

“Miss Im” the same flight attendant who was here earlier called me again and when I looked at her, she appeared worried.  

“Yes?”

“Do you mind to go with me for a while?” she asked me politely. I was confused, I was never asked to leave my seat after I walked inside the plane. But anyway, I followed her. I thought we’re going to talk at the entrance of the plane, but she made me walked a bit further, we’re back to the boarding room.

“Miss, isn’t it too far from the plane?” I asked her, still confused with the situation, but she just told me to keep following her. I didn’t say anything else but I made sure that I’m going to report this later on when I got back to the plane.

I was surprised to see another two airport security guards with my three luggages, appeared in front of me.

“Those are my luggage. What are you doing with that? The flight is in minutes!” I yelled at them.

“Ma’am... I’m so sorry but something urgent is happening and I hope you would follow us to the security room” said one of the guards.

“Security room? Why I have to go there? Do you find something suspicious inside my  luggage?” I asked them. I’ve been on international flight for more than a hundred times in my life and never once my luggage being thought as dangerous or suspicious.

“Ma’am, please just follow us” he said again.

“Just tell me what it is!” I whined in annoyance. What’s wrong with the guards here, huh?

“I’ve received a report claiming that you’re accused to steal something from Mr. Kim and he’s asking to check on your luggage”

“What? STEALING SOMETHING?!” I asked in disbelief. “Who is this Mr. Kim? Why was he accuse me stealing from him?!”

“Ma’am... Please calm down. Please talk inside” he said politely, appointing to the door that would bring me to the security room. I sighed and took a deep breath, released it in anger.

“If there’s nothing inside and I miss my flight, I’m so going to ask for a responsibility from you!” I hissed as I quickly walked to the security room. It was totally unpredicted, the thought of me being taken to the security room for stealing something?! If I ever see the one who reported me, I’m gonna-

“Kris?!” I said quickly once I noticed that Kris, the Kris Wu, was waiting inside the security room. Jongin was standing next to him, exchanging glance between me and Kris. Before the guards could say anything, Jongin quickly approached them and walked out them from the room, leaving me only with Kris. At first, I didn’t recognize him since he’s wearing casual attire, unlike his usual style with the suit.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him first, since he didn’t say anything.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me back, walking closer to me.

“This is not funny Kris. I have a flight to catch and if I missed it-“

“I’m here to catch you” he said shortly, looking directly to me. Suddenly I realized what this situation was all about. No one was accusing me of stealing, it was all just his excuse to call on me, stopping me from getting on the plane.

“Kris...” I sighed as I called his name. Oh God, how I missed calling his name. Be it nagging him, sweet talking him, or just to by calling his name, I missed to let myself mentioned his name.

“Where are you thinking to go? Leaving me? Running away from me?”

“I’m not running away. I want to have a holiday and I’m going to work outside the country for a while. If you think that it’s because of you, well...sorry, you have to wake up. Not everything is about you, Kris” I told him, shrugging my shoulder.

“Stop running from me, Jinah” he said helplessly.

“Kris... I’m not running from you. It’s just... everything is over between us. You should stop thinking that I’m running from you. We’re done, the day the court declared our separation legally” I said weakly. “I’m done with this conversation. We’ve talked about it during the divorce; I don’t want to talk about it anymore. I’m tired of it”

“Of what? Of lying to me?”

“What is it you’re dying to know, huh? I don’t love you; I don’t want to go back with you. I’ve moved on with my life. Is there anything missing or is there anything you haven’t heard before?”

Kris looked at me with unreadable expression. His face remained stoic, but I just knew that he’s thinking of something whenever he’s putting this kind of face.

“Stop lying. I know everything” he said. I looked up to see him; he walked closer, reducing the gap between us. I hated it so much I have to notice his scent, the male scent I always smelled whenever we’re getting close to each other. I’ve been missing it for quite a long time and when I felt it again, the memories of our togetherness were somehow replayed in my mind. But I have to set my mind straight. It’s for him; it’s for his own good.

“What do you know?” I asked him, challenging him. If he wanted to stop me, I wanted to know what card he was playing.

“Jinah... For once, please stop to think that everything is about me and not you” he started. He shook his head as he looked at me with those painful stare. “Are you that scared that I would leave you if I know that you couldn’t have a baby so you leave me first?”

My eyes grew wider as I heard him. Kris knew about the truth? Kris knew my condition?

“Are you really thinking that I get involved in this marriage in a hope to get a baby from you? That with no baby means no marriage for us?”

I ignored his demanding tone and slowly, looking down. He really knew the truth behind the reason of me wanting to get divorce with him.

“If I only think about having a baby, I’ve been married years ago when my mother introduced me with so many girls before. If I only wanted to have the company by marrying and having a baby, I wouldn’t even once paying attention to the woman who’s going to be my wife. Because with you is different, Jinah. It’s like I have the best time in my life when I’m with you, knowing that you’re having my baby. I wanted to protect you and our baby; I didn’t want anything happened to you both. I learned how to be a man, a husband, a father, during those periods of our togetherness. And I don’t know how many times I’ve told you this, but I sincerely fell for you, Im Jinah” I noticed the changed in his tone. Was it tears that made his voice a bit shaky?

“It’s like you’re killing me when you said those hurtful words. You didn’t love me, that everything was a mistake... It really hurt me deeply and to be honest, I really tried to hate you for behaved like that. But I couldn’t” he said again.

“I just want to protect you, Kris. I know you love me, I know it for sure. But that’s what makes me scared, Kris. The fact that you could do anything for me, I’m afraid that you would dismiss your family, just for the sake of me. I’m not worth your time, Kris. I couldn’t have your baby; I couldn’t help you achieve what you should do as the heir. A woman who couldn’t have a baby couldn’t be married to the heir of a family...”

“Stop it” Kris said, looking at me with his serious face.

“I love you. All I want is you and only you, Im Jinah. I don’t want any other woman; I don’t want someone who just is there to have my baby. I want you, with baby or not”

I shook my head as I looked at him, crying in tears already. What he said was so beautiful, that he loves me for what I am and I couldn’t hide what I felt for him as well.

“Don’t leave, Jinah. Please. I want you to be by my side”

“Kris...”

“Tell me you don’t love me” he said again. “Tell me you don’t love me and you don’t want me to be around” he grabbed on my sides, demanding me to look at him.

“Kris... It wasn’t only about that... What about your family? What about the company?”

“Damn it! How come you still thinking of those things and not about me? Do you think I’ll be happy to just stay with anyone to continue my family line? Do you think with me giving an heir to the family, I would work well? , I don’t even want to live if there are no you in my life!” he frustratingly sighed as he looked at me.

I saw him yelled on how much he loves me, on how important I am in his life. Our feeling was mutual, I felt what he felt, exactly. Yet, I still felt unworthy to him. What have I done in my life to accept such a sincere love from a perfect guy like Kris? I stepped closer and cupped his face with both of my hands, watching him as he stared at me. 

“I thought I was selfish for wanting you to be mine. I thought that telling you the truth would make you feel burdened, that you still have to be responsible for marrying me although I couldn’t have your baby. It’s true; I’m scared that one day you’ll leave me first. That knowing I was unable to get pregnant again would make you feel that I’m useless. I didn’t want to see you walk away from me, but I knew that it’s important for you to have the baby, an heir for your family line. So with the thought that I’m protecting you, your position as the heir, although I couldn’t help to have another baby with you, leaving you would be the best option...” I said with the tears running in my cheeks. Kris caressed my cheeks and wiped it away, still looking at me lovingly.

“I thought I could be happy when I left you. I thought that when I knew you’re going to be married again and have a baby with another woman I’d be happy for you. But it’s not. Living away from you only made me miserable... And I knew that there wouldn’t be anyone else but you, Kris”

Before I could say anything else, Kris brought me to his embrace and I could feel his warmth again, smelled him again.

“Please be selfish” he whispered.

I circled his upper body with my hands, closing the gap between us. I’ve been missing him to the point I got frustrated every time I thought about him, knowing he’s not mine anymore. But when I felt him hugging me and just stayed like that for a while, I knew that he’s never really out of my heart. He’s always there.

When none of us saying anything, Jongin suddenly appeared and with his big wide grin he told me that the plane was already off, leaving me here in the security room with my accusator, Mr. Kim. In the end, I was just only left with Kris again.

“Jinah” he called me softly.

“Hmm”

“You’ve just missed your flight to Rome” he told me.

“I know. I don’t care”

“You sure?” he asked me again, more like teasing me.

“A hundred percent sure” I replied, giggling on his chest. I could hear him chuckled as he caressed the back of my head.

“Jinah” he called me again.

“Hmm”

“Come home with me”

For now, there’s nothing I wanted to think about. Everything could wait, I wanted to treasure the moment with him. I didn’t want to have to think about anything else other than me being with him. I could only hum my answer as I tightened my arms around him. There’s no place in this world I wanted to be but by his side.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The noise I heard outside the room made me cringed and in the end made me opened my eyes. I was wide awake when I realized that it’s raining outside. I felt a bit cold although I was sleeping under my warm blanket; my eyes grew wider as I realized the one that keeping me warm was her presence in my arms and not the blanket. I quickly changed my position from sleeping to sitting, looking around the room as I scanned her things, the indicator of her presence here. I felt relieved when I found her handbag was still on the couch along with her coat and her boots. She wouldn’t be going outside without those, right?

But her absence made me curious. I was about to get up from my bed to look for her when the door was being opened and there she was. Walking inside the room as she brought the mug, Jinah looked a bit surprised to see me waking up as I watched her.

“Did I wake you up?” she asked, she honestly looked worried. I shook my head and smiled to her. I felt glad that she stayed, unlike the last time I woke up without her on my sight. It was kind of a bad memory I didn’t want to remember but sadly, it lingered there.

Sipping her tea from the mug, Jinah walked around my room. We came directly to my suit once we left the airport. It’s her first time coming to my suit though, since we lived at our house back then. I wanted to treasure my time with her, so with the thought of having her for me only, I brought her here to my place. We haven’t done a tour around my two-story suit and preferred to head to the bedroom right away. It’s late already when we arrived; I didn’t want her to feel tired so in the end, we slept once we reached the bed.

Jinah couldn’t remember on which luggage she put her sleeping gown, so she used on if my shirt as her sleeping dress. I love it when she wore my clothes though. The curve of her body and her hips made everything looked more gorgeous in my eyes, including my shirt. And I couldn’t help but smiling to see her walked around my room only with my shirt and her socks. She made her long wavy hair into a simple bun, revealing the back of her neck, one of my favorite spots in her body that I love to kiss.

“Where have you been?” I asked her, leaning to the back with my arms resting at the bed. She turned around and smiled.

“I made tea, I was awaken and it’s a habit to drink tea to get me sleepy again” she replied, walking back to my bed. “I love this suite” she said, caressing my cheek once she placed her mug on the bedside table.

“Come here” I told her, giving my hand for her so she could get on the bed and sit right on my lap. I realized on how both of us never stopped smiling after the scene at the airport. Everything has changed once we decided to be honest to each other and I’m more than happy to know that she’s not leaving anywhere but stayed with me.

“You should sleep” she said, touching the dark circle under my eyes. I nodded in agreement, it’s still three in the morning, no wonder I us felt tired and sleepy.

“Don’t you want to sleep as well?” I asked her. She nodded but then her attention was reverted to the corner of my room. “What is it?” I asked her, following her stare.

“Isn’t that the shopping bag Yifei was bringing?” she asked me. I realized that Jinah was still sharp as ever.

We’ve been talking about a lot of things as we’re heading back to my suit, including Yifei. She couldn’t help but asking about Yifei, I bet. Yifei is the daughter of Uncle Sam and Aunt Elsa, a good friend of my parents. I’ve been in collaboration along with Yifei who works as the main designer for the luxurious hotel around Europe. And that’s why I worked closely with her for my new project that I started in Vancouver. I couldn’t hide my laugh when I noticed how jealous she was towards Yifei.

“Hmm” I nodded as I looked at her. I love how her face looked curious but at the same time disappointed, maybe to see why Yifei’s shopping bag was here in my room.

“She told me that she’s shopping with you and she couldn’t stop talking about how you helped her choose a set of suit for her fiancé, Jason. I knew Yifei intended to give it to Jason, but the idea of you personally choosing a suit for another man was unacceptable to me so I-“

“You’re jealous over the fact that I helped Yifei chose something for her fiancé? Kris, really?” she looked at me in disbelief and then giggled, like it was the funniest thing ever.

“Yes. And that’s why I bought it from Yifei”

Jinah stopped giggling and blinked her eyes several times. “You what? Buying it from Yifei?” I nodded to give my answer to her.

“I wanted that suit to be mine because it’s my woman who chose it” I told her, cupping her face and pinched the tip of her nose. She cringe and shook her head.

“Are you crazy or what...” she commented, chuckling as she placed her arms around my neck.

“For you, I will” I whispered, tilted my head as I flashed a bright smile towards her. Jinah let out another smile and played with my cheeks. A thought came to my mind and in a quick move; I made her lying on the top of my legs.   

“Kris! What are you- Ouch! Kris!” Jinah changed from yelling in surprise at me to hiss at how my fingers carefully caressed her stomach. She only wore her when I pulled the shirt up until it revealed her flat stomach. I pressed my thumb on her soft skin, giving her a slight massage. I missed touching her this way, the moment we’re tangled in between sheet. I saw lines there, the proof of her C-section surgery during the accident and the second one, due to the treatment for her ovary. I followed the trace as Jinah watched me looking at the lines.

“Is it hurt?” I asked her when touched the line once again. She shook her head. “Not anymore” she said softly. I touched it again and she giggled, moving left and right.

“You tickled me” she responded calmly, moving her body away from my touch.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there...” I said as I caressed the line again.

“I’m sorry I’m not telling you first” she replied, touching my hand that’s caressing her skin. Jinah then pulled herself up and corrected her position on my lap again as she placed her hands around my shoulder, looking at me.

“What?” I asked her, looking straight to her eyes. I missed the sparks in her eyes, I missed the excitement she showed whenever she talked with me.  

“I want to see you” she said, started to cup my face and softly caressed it, seriously looking at every single part of my face. “I miss your forehead, your thick eyebrows...” she said, touching it. “The bridge of your long nose...” she giggled again. “Your puffy cheeks... Hmm, where those fats go? You looked pale these days” she touched my cheeks, frowning to see my face.

“Did you skip meals?” she asked in a serious tone.

“Thinking about you all the time, I don’t need any food” I responded, on which she pinched my cheeks pretty hard to the point I felt a bit stingy around my skin.

“I won’t let you skip any meals anymore” she told me, running her fingers through my hair. I just nodded; liking the idea of having her reminded me to eat properly.

“So stay with me” I whispered as I brought her back with my right hand, closer to my body. Our chest met along with our forehead as well. Holding her like this had been only in my imagination, but to have her on my lap with both of her legs locked on my back and caressed her close, I felt that I finally reached home, the destination I’ve been longing for. No address, no number, it’s just wherever she is and I am there with her.

“Don’t you ever leave me anymore” I said, glancing at her as long as I wanted. I would never get bored at the sight of her, the sight of the woman that I love.

“I miss you” she told me, tilted her head to look at me properly.

“I miss you more” I responded.

“You sounded like a crazily in love teenager, Kris” she commented, pinching on my cheeks once again. She let out a pretty smile that I’ve wanted to see.

“Well, I’m crazily in love” I told her, smiling as I saw her cute expression upon listening to my answer. “And I don’t want to be away from you anymore”

She moved forward and hugging me, caressing the back of my hair as I felt her warmth. “The feeling is mutual” she whispered right through my ears, making me smile widely. When she pulled back from her hug, we’re looking at each other and for the nth time, smiled at each other. I could feel the muscle around my cheeks were tired of smiling but seriously, every time I saw her, all I wanted was smiling all over again.

“It’s late. Let’s sleep” she said, but before she moved from my lap, I held on her waist, keeping her there. She looked at me with a questioning glance.

“Jinah” I called her.

“Hmm?”

I looked at her and I cupped her face softly, touching her chin so she directly looked at me.

“Can I kiss you?” I asked her softly, ended up too softly it went almost like a whisper and her reaction was unpredictable. She bit her lower lips and slowly her giggled changed to laughter.

“Is there anything wrong with me asking permission to kiss you?” I asked her with a confused face. Why did she laugh like that?

Jinah stopped her laugh first and cleared before started to talk with me. “Kris... You never asked for permission when you kissed me” she responded, smiling. “Why would you now?”

“I want to do everything right from now. If we’re going to start all over again, I want to treat your right. I’ll kiss you if you give me your permission” I told her, watching her expression softened as she stared at me in disbelief.

“I appreciate it, but I like you better when you kiss me whenever you want, just like how you used to” she said, blushing a bit after saying her wish. I recalled those days when I kissed her, either to stop her talking or just because I wanted to kiss her. And when she’s blushing like this as she smiled thinking how weird I was to ask her permission to kiss her, the time was right that I just wanted to take her.

I pulled her chin softly towards my direction and there, I kissed her. I closed my eyes to savor the taste of her lips moving along with mine. It didn’t take a long time for both of us to adjust to the kiss. I’m happy to know she’s into the kiss as well, pulling herself closer to my body as she opened , giving me permission to explore her cavern. Slowly, I caressed her back, relaxing her tensed body. The way her fingers ran through my hair made me feeling trembling as well; it was like the soft kiss we started really made both of us feeling light that it seemed like the time moved slower and what matter were just us. I tilted her head to deepen the kiss and I love it when I heard her moaned as I pulled her body closer than ever, touching the side of her s softly. I smiled as I kissed her more and more, not realizing that we’re already lying on the bed with her body on top of me. We’ve been lost in the kiss.

And when we woke up the next morning with me hugging her body, drown in the curve of her neck; I just knew that I’ve just had the best sleep that night. I welcomed her back to my life.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

FINALLY!

Finally I wrote this part that I’ve been longing for, Guys! I’ve been dying to write this part after those angst chapters previously. But so you just know... It’s the up and down of this story that I wanted you to know why I made the angst parts. There’s no such thing as happily ever after and smooth story without problem, Darlings. And you’re not expecting me to write one chapter of them having a fight and then back together in the next chapter, are you?

Thank you for those who already are patient with me. Like I said so many times before, every chapter that I posted here has reason to be posted. I didn’t write them without reason and I hope you’re all understood about it. Now that they’re back together, it wasn’t really long to the end of this story though. I know you still have questions in your mind like, are they going to end together although Jinah couldn’t get pregnant? What about the family and the company? I will answer it in the following chapters.

Well, let’s see on the next chapter what would happen after this. Have a nice Monday everyone. See you around!

xoxo,

yuriyaa