I Do

Perfect Timing

 

"I Do"

 

 

“I’ve never come to the most hilarious bachelor night like this” Sora said as she rolled her eyes and held on her laugh. I playfully slapped her bare shoulder; she wore a red tube dress that tightly hugged her slim frame, giving anyone a beautiful view of her white shoulder. Her short hair was made into medium curly hair and the red lipstick she wore made her looked interesting. This is the Jin Sora that I knew: fresh, pretty, and flirtatious. It’s hard to imagine that she’s a young doctor.

Once the two of us stepped in to the booked restaurant, the place recommended by Jongin, we’re greeted by our close friends and several of my model friends. It’s the bachelorette night, I supposed to say, but in the end, my party mixed with Kris’ party so practically, we’re saying goodbye to our single status in the same place. He’s unable to pull his schedule so he asked me to combine the party as one. And this was the result, the mix of my friends and his. It’s like we’re holding on the reception party too early than the actual wedding day which will be held the next two days.

“Oh, hi pretty bride!” Jooyeon unnie happily greeted me, we exchanged hugs and kisses. She looked so fabulous on her red one shoulder long dress with her hair pulled up, revealing her y neck. I noticed that Jongin kept an eye on her, but the young man decided to go for some drink on the bar. “Can’t believe you’re going to be married this early!” she yelled happily, I guess the drink affected her already.

“What early, Unnie! She’s 27 years old, she’s on the right time to get married!” Sora commented as she exchanged hug with Jooyeon unnie.

“You’re making me jealous… How come I went just three years from the country and you’re suddenly appeared with baby news and a husband to be?” she said, playfully rolling her eyes. “Damn, your husband to be is definitely a piece of perfection” she commented on Kris right when he passed the room.

I saw Kris along with Jongin but since the party was not only about me, I let them wandered around the restaurant to greet several of his friends. I kept talking with several of my friends that I invited, well only close friends invited though. I didn’t want to hold on any party, but then Chen came up with this idea since he said that “If you want to go fully lying then go all the way”, so me and Kris agreed with him. So far, there’s no one doubting our relationship.

Walking on my red summer dress and black flat shoes, I decided to go for the bathroom first to touch up my makeup. Ever since I got pregnant, it’s so hard for me to put makeup on my face. My mother said that it’s probably part of the baby’s feeling, maybe I’m going to have a baby, mom said. Feeling like I could go alone, I didn’t ask Sora to accompany me to the bathroom. She enjoyed some talks with Hana, they probably taking about Yoochun oppa and Jaejoong oppa. Both of their boyfriends apparently are good best friends.

Once I arrived in the toilet, I checked on my makeup and decided to add more mineral powder and lipstick to cover my pale face. I check on my wavy long hair also, it’s still neat and looked perfect. I was about to put back my makeup tools when I heard the toilet being flushed and someone went out from the stall.

Hwang Su Ah exchanged glance with me through our reflection in the mirror once she stood next to me. She washed her hands slowly, building an intense cold silence between us. I felt a need to leave this bathroom as soon as possible. I never like a moment spent with her. And to see her in the same place as I held the party made me felt a bit annoyed, I thought Jongin chose a very private place. I forgot that there’s another restaurant in this building.

“Congratulations” she said in a venomous voice. “For your marriage and” she looked at my belly before she looked at me again, “your pregnancy”

“Thank you” I muttered.

“I’ll come to your wedding, by the way. My parents couldn’t make it to the invitation sent by your in law, so I guess I will just have to be there” she shrugged like it’s nothing important. “Anyway, thank you, Im Jinah”

I turned my head to her and looked at her directly, she’s applying her powder. Realizing that I looked at her, she looked back at me, smiling. I couldn’t say that Hwang Su Ah didn’t look beautiful. She is, she looked so pretty with her pretty bun and blue long dress that made her body looked slim with small waist. She’s the dream girl everyone talking about.

Su Ah was the youngest daughter of Hwang Telecommunication’s owner; she has two brothers that both resided in State ever since they got married. Su Ah now on the line, she’s going to be married to Woobin oppa. It’s more like political marriage though, for my relationship being sacrificed for it. But it’s hard to hate her; she’s the girl next door everyone loves. And even though she knew that I’m her fiancé’s ex-girlfriend, she never once talked harsh or physically hurting me. So I never pick the fight with her, no matter how hurt I am when those things happened.

“Thank you for what?” I replied.

“For stepping out from the frame. Thanks for stop making Woobin oppa worried about you. He could go to me with ease now, because you decided to get married. Thank you”

I made a fist, no, I could not get angry and be emotional for the sake of my baby. I softly touched my stomach.

“I’ll go first” I muttered as I took my pouch.

“Please come to our wedding also” she managed to add before I walked out from the toilet. I refused to listen to her words further. I don’t want to be boiled in emotion. No, my baby didn’t deserve any of this and should not be impacted by my feeling.

I’ve moved on, really. Even though it broke my hearts, I finally let him go. He’s not mine from the very start; he belongs to his family who apparently found Su Ah as his perfect fit, and not me. I was never considered in his family line and for that, we have to end our relationship, no matter what it takes. I would never forget the humiliation his family gave for my parents. No matter how much I love him, no matter how close he was to my parents, those memories kept me away from him and it was better this way.

My steps stopped when I saw Woobin oppa stood near the toilet. Probably he’s waiting for Su Ah. Of course, he finally could accept her to be his fiancé, probably. The problem was him, if he just knew that he would never get a chance to find his love by himself, I would never met him in the first place. And I didn’t have to invest my heart and my time on him. Really, whenever I remembered what happened to my parents that night, I immediately felt angry towards him.

I hoped he didn’t notice me, I hoped he’s looking away but no. Woobin oppa stood firmly with a soft gaze on his black suite. He looked charming, just like I always see him from the very first time. His hands were on the pocket of his pants as he looked at me, he seemed to be surprised to see me. We exchanged gaze and he spread his signature smile. His smile still affecting me, but not like it used to. I politely nodded and just walked passing him, but he apparently has other plan.

As I walked by, he moved closer and grabbed my hand. I felt a slight nervous passed on me once I felt his touch. It’s been so long the last time he touched me, the last time we walked together hand in hand, or when he gave me a warm back hug when there’s only the two of us. God, I hate how the memento of memories always came whenever he’s around me. I couldn’t understand why my heart could never let him go.

“Let me go” I said as I pulled my hand, but he held it stronger.

“Can we talk?” he asked me softly, contrary to his grip on my hand.

“Oppa, please” I weakly pulled my hands and he didn’t even move. I shook my head and he frowned. “Kris is inside the restaurant and I don’t want him to see me with you”

Apparently those words made Woobin oppa loosened his grip on me. He looked at me in disbelief. Well, I never thought that using Kris could help me.  

“Do you really love him?” he asked me. Seemed like someone also having a problem to move on too.

“Oppa, please. It’s none of your business. Please, please just continue your life and I’ll go with mine”

“We used to have a future together, Jinah” his voice was broken. I hate it a lot when he used this kind of tone; I always failed to get angry to him whenever he spoke to me like this. There once or twice we argued, and it all faded once he spoke softly to me. Really, the way he affected me always made me remember how much I loved this guy in front of me.

I closed my eyes when I heard him called my name. He’d always called it in that certain tone. Jinah

“Oppa, don’t make things hard for both of us. Your fiancé is inside the bathroom and my husband to be is currently at the restaurant. Can’t we please stop tangling each other’s life? Don’t create unnecessary mess. Go with her, and I’ll go with Kris”

He stood still, looking down. But then he looked at me again with those sharp eyes I always love to see. Well, used to.

“Do you love him?” he asked me again. He insisted to know whether I love Kris or not, on which surely impossible for I have nothing with Kris. But I knew to end this relationship with him I should be brave. If by knowing that I love Kris could make Woobin oppa get out from my life, then I’d do it.

“I’m having his child currently, Oppa. How come I didn’t love him?” I said in one breath.

And that’s enough to make Woobin oppa stopped whatever he’s about to say. I noticed that people might see me with him here; my relationship with him previously went backstreet for his family sake so there must have been a lot of people who didn’t know that we used to have a relationship. And I didn’t want my appearance here with him causing a scene in the future.

“I have to go” I muttered my good bye and quickly walked inside; I felt his hand didn’t stop me to move.  

Right when I’m about to enter the restaurant, Jongin appeared and he looked kind of worried. “Are you okay, Noona?” he asked as he checked on me. I nodded.

“What’s wrong, Jongin?” I asked him back.

“Heard that you went to the toilet, I’m afraid you need to throw up. Did you?”

I shook my head. “No, I went there to touch up my makeup” I replied, showing him my makeup pouch.

“Oh, it’s good then. I thought you’re going to faint or something. Is everything good?” he asked me again, somehow managed to sneak out his head to the surrounding. I nodded to his words. “Let’s go inside then, Kris hyung asked to start this party as soon as possible” he said as he motioned me to walk inside.

I followed him; I decided to ignore Woobin oppa’s presence. I knew he must have been still looking at me, but we’re both free now, he could do whatever he wanted and that means me too. Walking straight inside, Jongin practically motioned me to get closer to him and brought me to see Kris. Sure, this is my life now.

Good bye, Woobin oppa.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I took the champagne glass from the waiter when he passed me. Checking on the room situation, I thought that everything was fine. I spotted several of my close friends, some of my high school and university friends, and some of my business partners. It’s supposed to be a bachelor night, but actually I didn’t really have a lot of friends so why didn’t I invite more people to the party? I noticed there’re several supermodels here, must have been her friends. I didn’t recall I have a close relationship with any models.

I was about to drink my champagne when I suddenly received a huge hug around my body. I almost fell backward, but a loud cheers heard as the hands held me.  

“GE!” a loud yell was heard and once I opened my eyes, I saw these two persons hugging me tightly. “I MISS YOU!” another loud yell in Chinese was heard and I immediately knew the owner of this meekly voice.

Huang Zitao, my youngest cousin, pulled his body away from me with the widest smile he could display. I chuckled right when I saw him. He’s growing up now. The last time I saw him; he’s still on his second year of university, all looking emo and seemed trapped with his childish behavior. But seeing him in suit and appeared so fresh, less dark circles under his eyes, made him totally fit to be called as Marketing Director at his family clothing line. Excitedly he spoke in Chinese, telling me how he missed me and how could I forget to invite him to this bachelor party. Tao -his nickname- was just similar like Jongin; both of them love party, so much.

“Move away, I miss him too”

Luhan pushed Tao away and gave me a warm hug. My other cousin, Luhan, appeared dandy on his dark blue suit. His messy pushed up dark brown hair appeared enticingly, showing his handsome face. He smiled at me also, just as wide as Tao’s.

“How are you?” I asked them, tossing my fist to Luhan.

“Well, our life was boring, until we heard about your wedding invitation!” Luhan said in excitement as he rolled his eyes. His boyish smile never ceased, he did a hi-five with Tao.

“I want to see the supermodel!” Tao said in excitement. It’s kind of off record, Tao loves fashion so much since his family ran the clothing line; but apparently, his parents disapproved his will to be a designer. He’s the heir, there’s no way he’d be on the designing position.

“I envy you, Dude!” Luhan said. “From every girl out there, you got the model. And it’s the supermodel! Where’s my sister in law?” he excitedly asked for her. I shook my head, really, years not seeing him he stayed the same; all about being energetic and jumpy, so typical Luhan.

“And the baby. Am I really going to get a niece?” Tao asked as he laughed. “Finally, a baby in our family”

I cringed over their words. Gosh, the gossip boys… “Where did you hear about this thing?”

“In case you didn’t know, you’re famous here in Weibo” Luhan swayed his phone in front of me and showed the page of the Chinese website. My picture placed next to her picture, it’s taken in two different places, titled with ‘Kris Wu and Im Jinah, the Fairy Tale Love Story’. Oh God, who chose the tittle? It’s enough to make me shivered. I scrolled it half-heartedly, until there appeared a picture of me and her, when both of us appeared in front of my hotel after our family meeting. And that’s when I realized, I’m so going to get married to the stranger.

It’s all so sudden. I still couldn’t forget the chill I got the first time I heard about her pregnancy. She’s MIA and when I found her again, she suddenly carried my blood. It took me so much, to accept this thing and to think of the future of us. Well, I never pictured her in my future plan, but as always, Chen the brilliant save my life.

Take her to your family, Hyung. She’s the help God sent for you”   

It was in the period of the crisis in our family. The issue had been raised, for that no Wu being born again, I might as well leave my throne as the heir. Really, what they put in the drama about the heir was kind of true, but it’s crueler than the one aired on the TV show. An heir could do nothing without another hair ready to continue its greatness. In this case, I’m the only Wu left in this family.

Born as siblings, there were only two guys in my father family line, the rest were girls. My youngest uncle unfortunately died when he’s still in the university, leaving my father as the only guy in the family. Even during that time he’s facing so many pressures from his big family, who always looked for a plan to steal the throne. The money worth so much, even though my grandparents already shared his children with certain amount of cash, buildings, and shares; it’s still not enough for them, because the heir position was way more interesting. And as the only successor of the Wu family who carried Wu name, I’m forever wanted by them.

If I could never have a child with Wu name on it, I should be prepared with the fact that either my cousins will take the shares I have to be shared with the others or I will have to let our family business ran by a set of board of directors. Both totally were not my father’s will. He always asked me to remember one thing, to protect Wu family at any cost; a burden I will carry in my life. Of course I knew my mother had been looking for a decent life partner for me, funny thing was there’s no girl who wants to have a child with me. It’s either they just want to purely be in a (ual) relationship with me or just want the title of being Mrs. Wu but minus the duty.

So when my mother heard about my plan of marrying Jinah, all she did was being surprised. I knew that my mom probably wouldn’t accept her; I didn’t even do any background checking on her when I asked her to be married to me, but the baby inside her might be one of the solutions I have to protect our family, so I did two things in the same time: saving my family and saving the life inside her. Besides, my mom was actually having the same idea with Chen.

She never opposed this marriage. What she had in her mind just as the same as Chen, and actually, Im Jinah was the only person who initially disagree with this marriage. But now that she agreed to do it for the sake of the baby and me for protecting my family and hers, everything seemed to be placed correctly. I still have homework though, taking her father’s attention and of course, making him believed that I’d do well for the sake of his daughter and grandchildren. But that can wait…

“Everyone, the future Mrs. Wu” I heard Jongin’s voice and when I looked back, he’s walking next to her. She looked good on her knee length sleeveless summer dress. I noticed she started to listen to me; she wore a back flat shoes paired with that dress and she didn’t look less gorgeous. I noticed that Luhan and Tao stunned with her beauty, they just looked at her in silent. Luhan though had his jaw dropped, like literally, I have to smack his arm a bit.

“Wow, you looked more beautiful in real life” was the only comment Tao could mutter as he looked at him. She giggled over his comments, making Tao slight embarrassed and by that look, I just knew that Tao fell in love already with her.

“This is my cousin Luhan” I patted Luhan’s shoulder firmly, “and this one is our maknae, Tao” I appointed to Tao. Jinah smiled and indeed, nodded politely to the other. “Both of them stayed in China; well Tao mainly in Beijing while Luhan is in Hong Kong. My other cousins will appear on the reception day” I explained to her and again, she nodded.

“Are you really walked in international runway?” Tao asked her, mesmerized with the fact that she’s indeed a supermodel.

“Mmm, yes” she replied.

“Do you really work with Louis Vuitton, Versace, Michael Kors, and…. Gucci?” he asked her again.

“I have several contracts with them, and yes, I represented those brands previously for Korea” she replied, couldn’t hide her wide smile over Tao’s question. And I swore when Jinah said yes for Gucci, I saw a beam of light in Tao’s eyes. Man, this dude and his love for Gucci…

“Man, stop investigating her works. Don’t you feel excited about her being our in-law?” Luhan nudged on Tao’s side, making him cringe a bit. “He’s been idolizing Gucci for years” Luhan said as he rolled his eyes. Jinah, once again, laughed as she responded to his words.

“So, how’s the baby progressing?” Luhan asked her. “Is it doing well?”

She nodded. “It’s been well. I’m on my 11th week already” she answered, slowly rubbed her stomach. “A slight of morning sickness, of course” she added, winced over her own words.

“A slight. It did make you always like you’re about to die though” I commented.

“Yes, but I’m fine, right?” she replied, rolled her eyes as she replied to my words. I chuckled and she chuckled back at our words.

“Awww… aren’t you two being cute here?” Luhan commented with his doe eyes. “Completing each other words…”

“Gazing at each other…” Jongin added Luhan’s words. “And now, laughing together over something that we didn’t even find it funny. How sweet”

Luhan did a hi-five with Jongin and laughed together. , these two guys… Jinah just commented with her awkward laugh, but she seemed didn’t mind with their presence.

“Are the two of you planning to have a lots of children? You know, our family is kind of boring lately” Luhan shrugged his shoulder. “Tao was the last baby and after that, no more baby. No wedding party, nothing. Are we going to have two or three baby Wu?”

I somehow noticed a slight of red blush on her cheeks. She glanced at me, either being not comfortable with the question or just plainly looked over me.

“Hahaha Hyung, they’re not even done with the first one” Jongin commented. “Besides, Noona still needs to walk on her runway. Who’s going to replace her in this country, huh?” he funnily commented, making Jinah smiled again.

“But anyway, Jinah” Luhan called her. “What do you think of our cousin Kris? Do you find him handsome, gorgeous, or what?” he crossed his arms in front of his chest as he examined her expression.

First, she let out a small giggle; next she bit her lower lips as she thought. “Who’s going to deny that he’s handsome, if I may I ask?” she said. I somehow felt myself smiled toward her words and the three guys were just giving me an “oh, please you’re not handsome” with their eyes rolled.

“But I could tell that he’s more than that” she added. “He’s indeed a good man” she said. I looked at her, but she looked directly to Tao.

“That’s all?” Tao asked her, looking disappointed that she told him that I’m a good man. Ha, what to say, I am indeed a good man.

“They’re just being together less than six month, it’d be normal if she said something good for him” Luhan joined Tao’s force to annoy the hell out of me, but I just gave them the look. But of course, being the little pricks, none of them paid attention to me.

“Jie, you know… You’re a goddess” Tao said, smiling to himself as he looked to Jinah. She just smiled to Tao. “But you’re married to a weird galaxy guy” he added, making me pierced a gaze to him. No, not that galaxy thing again…

“Galaxy guy?” she asked Tao, looking at me for a confirmation.

“You know, he’s sort of crazy, he has a little obsession about galaxy. He always thought that visiting the galaxy probably would feel great” Luhan commented, making a rolling movement with his fingers. “Right, Dude?”

“Whatever” I muttered. And all of them laughed, including her. But really, I didn’t pay attention to whatever they said. It’s when Chen called me to start the party that I realized I have to go along with her.

Apparently, Tao really likes her that he escorted her to the center of the room while I followed along with Jongin and Luhan. Before I joined her to start the party, Jongin was nudging me.

“Hyung, don’t you consider to start things seriously with her?” he asked with a wide grin plastered on his face.

“What thing?”

“These whole things, the marriage, the thought of you being a parent” he replied, shrugging casually.

“Hmm?”

“I think you two could work” he tapped my shoulder lightly before slightly pushed me to do the opening of the party, “Good luck, Hyung”. As I walked to her, I saw her looked at me like we’re going to talk using our eyes. It’s when she smiled as she looked at me that I felt a little skip in my heart beat. But it slowly faded away when I started the short speech before I officially started the party.

Still, that night, I kept thinking about Jongin’s words.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I checked on my shoes, a perfectly beautiful pearl colored paired of wedges shoes, as I stood up with a small bouquet of with lilies. My nails looked perfect, my makeup also looked great the last time I checked it, and when I brushed my arms I felt my favorite bracelet stayed on my left wrist. I still remembered when Kris gave me back my long lost bracelet (see Chapter 2) and put it back on my wrist. And now, this little thing accompanied me again to face one of the most important stages in my life: my wedding.

“Nervous?” I turned my head to the side and found my father smiled at me. He looked so handsome with his black suit and perfect ties that my mom chosen for him. For the first time after he knew about my pregnancy, he smiled at me genuinely. I let out a faint smile towards him. “A little” I said and he softly rubbed my glove-covered hands.

“It’s normal to feel a little nervous. It’s your wedding day” he said. “I believe he’s more nervous than you as he waited for you to come to the aisle. Should we surprise him by not appearing there?” my father threw his weird jokes yet I managed to let out a small laugh. I shook my head, I felt thankful to God that my father finally acted like he used to.

Last night, before the wedding ceremony, he had been talking to me along with my mother. He couldn’t stop telling me the point of my marriage, what would be my responsibility and how to be a good wife later on as I also going to be a mother in a short time. I felt a big burden felt my heart. What if my parents ever knew that this marriage was a fake one? That there’s never any feeling between me and Kris, other than mutual partnership to save our life? I couldn’t imagine it, but for now, just let me acted well in front of everyone.

I noticed several reporters already stood around the venue. We chose garden party as the theme for the wedding. There’re more than 1,000 invitations shared to the guests here and it made me more nervous, so many people witnessed my marriage with Kris, which later on would end anyway. But again for now, I remained calm and composed, as I acted like a devoted bride to be. At least for the vow, I felt like I’d say the real thing, that I indeed going to accompany Kris, in the joy and sorrow, in the happiness or sadness state of our life.  And that I’ll be devoted to him… Ah, the promise.

The wedding organizer told me and my father to be ready before he’s going to open the curtain that hid me from the flowery aisle prepared for this wedding ceremony. I linked my arm on my father’s and he softly patted it.

“You look beautiful, my only daughter” that’s the only thing my father said and at that point, I really wanted to let out a tears. I promised myself that this would be the last time I disappointed my parents.

When the curtain revealed me and my father, we started to walk on the aisle. Being on the runway, I got used to get stared by hundred or thousand eyes, so when I walked the aisle with the guests looking at me and my father, I felt like I was in my runway again. Walking slowly to reach the destination, the end of the aisle, I fixed my gaze to the guy in black tuxedo. His bowtie fixed on the top of his shirt’s collar.

Kris looked breathtakingly handsome this morning. His gold bronze hair pulled to the back, with few strays appeared on the side of his head. He looked at me as I looked at him. I couldn’t tell what he thought about me as he just looked straight not giving any hint of expression. When we arrived there, he nodded to my father as my father gave my hand to Kris, but before he could touch my hand, my father held on my hand as he softly took Kris’ hand.

“Kris, I’m giving you the most precious treasure in my life. I love her with all my life, I never once wanted to treat her bad and I always want her to be happy and protect her with my all. Before I really let my daughter goes to you, can you promised me that you’re going to be responsible for her on my behalf?”

Kris looked at my father in the eyes and he nodded politely as he confidently said, “Yes, Father. I promised you, I will care for Jinah, I will make her happy, and I will protect her no matter what”

And by that, my father let my hand touching Kris’ and he took my hand slowly as we stood in front of the altar. Everything seemed to be blurry when I stood there, I kept thinking about my father words and I couldn’t hold on to the touchy feeling. Apparently Kris saw that, he rubbed softly to my hand as he started to calm me. I was kind of thankful to him, I felt less nervous.

When we’re done with the prayer and wishes, we finally were about to share our wedding vow. Just like we practiced, we made the most perfect wedding vow exchanged. And the most anticipated part finally came.

“I, Kris Wu, take you, Im Jinah, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children, and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and with you, for all eternity”

To listen to that promise as he looked at me totally felt different from the practice we did the day before through phone. Those practices felt soulless, flat, and just mere words. But the exact same words, being said by Kris right in front of me, made me somehow felt touched, shivered, and nervous. A hint of tears almost appear on my eyes.

The priest turned his head to look at me. “Are you, Im Jinah, accepts the vow Kris Wu made for you?”

I looked at his eyes, those sharp pair of eyes that looked at me back softly. I took a deep breath before I said my answer. “I do” I replied.

“I, Im Jinah, take you, Kris Wu, to be my friend, my lover, the father of my children, and my husband. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and with you, for all eternity”  

I smiled to him that he replied with another sweet smile. I didn’t know why we smiled to each other, maybe because we’ve successfully said the words we’ve practiced over and over again; maybe because we were done with the whole of this wedding tradition or maybe… whatever. We maybe just glad that it’s over.

“You two are now officially a husband and wife” the priest announced and everyone clapped politely to respect us the newlywed. “Now you may kiss the bride” the priest said in between our smile and that’s enough to break the smile on my face. The kiss. How could I forgot that I essential part of the wedding? A kiss to seal our promise; a kiss to show everyone that we’re now a husband and wife; that kind of kiss.

Kris moved closer to me and I looked at him, clueless. We haven’t talked anything regarding the kiss. He started with cupping my face using both of his hand and even though I’m tall myself, I knew exactly that he’s taller than me that he could just devour my lips in front of everyone if he wanted it. But then, as he moved closer and I slowly closed my eyes with my hands tightly holding on his, I felt a soft touch on my head. When I opened my eyes, I realized that he’s kissing my forehead instead of my lips, and I started to feel at ease.

“Let’s wish the couple a happy and joy life, for them to love each other more every day and for them to be blessed with cute kids and all the good things to follow”

And the time when we left the aisle, showered with flower petals as we moved to the garden for the reception, I realized that I had been holding on to his arms from time to time, intertwined our fingers together. Thing was, I didn’t feel like losing it and somehow, Kris didn’t even try to break it too.

We’re too serious in doing this role playing, I guess.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Once again, congratulations!” my model friends, Hana and her boyfriend, Kim Jaejoong, greeted us and gave me and Kris a big group hug. I just nodded and said thanks for their arrival.

“Never thought that my party was actually the place that made the two of you meet. And now married. Dude!” Jaejoong oppa said happily as he patted Kris’s shoulder. “And when are we going to see the baby?”

“It’d be around February, if everything’s alright” I replied, adding a smile.

“Gosh, your baby will be gorgeous, Jinah” Hana excitedly said. “I’ swear, if she’s a gir she’ll be as beautiful as you and if it’s a boy, well, he surely will have a good gene passed onto his DNA” she winked cutely, making me laughed along with Kris and Jaejoong oppa.

We hugged once again before we took a group photo and both of me and Kris freed from the guests. The party could be considered as a success. A lot of people came to congratulate us, and it’s somehow felt good to receive a lot of bless and wishes sent by people right to you. I noticed that my parents and Kris’ mom were sitting on the terrace of the garden, enjoying some tea together. By now, most of the guests already went home; it’s only me and Kris along with our main family.

I straightened my back and let out a small groan, attracting Kris’ attention. “Tired?”

I nodded. “Very” I replied, adding a small laugh. “I can’t wait to go home…”

Kris cleared his throat at the mention of ‘home’, making me looked at him.

“I haven’t told you, but tonight we’re staying at the hotel” he said, glancing at me. I looked back at him with a confused look. “Surprise” he said, suppressing his smile.

“Hmm? What is it all about?” I asked him, rubbing my stomach. It grew as my habit currently.

“We’re going for night flight to Vancouver, tomorrow night”

“Vancouver? Your hometown?” I asked him. He nodded.

“I have a small thing to be done there and meanwhile we’re visiting there, I got this little gift for our wedding, a present from my close friend who lives in Vancouver. Take this as a vacation, days off before we start to work again”

“What are we going to do there?” I asked him, clueless. To be honest, I have no idea on what to do and where to go in Canada. I never stepped there before.

“Prepare your coat, we’re cruising to Alaska”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello, Darlings!

This chapter updated faster than I expected to be, blame the affection of Im Jinah and Kris Wu. See what these two lovely people did to my mind… Can’t stop thinking about them, so better for me to write it asap! I’m in a good mood, so yeah…

See the appearance of Luhan and Tao? Yes, they’re Kris’ cousins, more explanation about the Wu later on. I planned to put more EXO member in this story, but let’s see later on the progress of the chapters… So anyone, what do you think about the marriage? I felt kind of shivered as I wrote the wedding vows. Imagine Kris Wu saying those words to you… Oh no. Instant death.

And the honeymoon. Alaska, here we comeeee! As for the honeymoon, maybe you should wait a little while, for I’m still completed their trip there… so in the meantime, enjoy this latest chapter first… Looking forward to your thoughts about this chapter. Love you!