Epilogue

Perfect Timing

 

"Epilogue"

 

 

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was white. I blinked my eyes several times, tried to adjust where I was, who am I, and why I’m here in this room.... I yawned, brushing my eyes slowly, and blinked again with my lips pouted. Oh yeah. I remembered.

I changed my sleeping position and turned to the other side of the bed. I saw a large rolling clear glass door; outside there, I saw two chairs, a table, and then the thing I knew very well. A white icy mountain. Yeah, right. I’m in Alaska cruise trip, for my honeymoon. Yep. Finally I could manage to remember. Probably due to the extreme cold weather here my brain went frosty. I slowly woke up, changing from sleeping to sitting and looked around. No one’s here.

Clearing my throat, I checked on the bed beside me. It’s empty. He must have been awakened earlier. Turning my long wavy hair into a simple bun, I took my warm knit cardigan to cover my body. I only wore a light pink night dress and a pair of socks; although the room was warm enough, I still need something to cover myself. I yawned again before I took a sip of the mineral water that’s placed next to my bed.

Finally I stood up and checked on my reflection. I looked totally messy with swollen face and sleepy expression; I spotted a potential dark circle that needed treatment. I made a mental note to go to my skin doctor to check on it. Oh, it’s so calm and silent here. I opened the rolling door, but immediately closing it again. It’s so cold; I need to wear my proper winter attire before stepping outside. I checked on the time, it’s almost 10. And I just woke up, what a lazy woman I am.

Walking to the bathroom to get myself refreshed, I decided to take a bath. I still felt so sleepy although the warm water started to run on my skin. It’s so good, the feeling of having myself pampered with my lemon bath soap. I love the scent, I love the freshness it gave to me, I thought that I need to spoil myself for a while. It’s like through the soap I felt like having energy boost. When I’m done taking bath, I smiled to myself as I saw a fresh version of me, wet hair falling on my back. I didn’t look like I was having hangover anymore, I really looked fresh and clean.

I was just stepping out from the bathroom when I felt a pair of arms circling my body. I immediately looked around to find my husband smiled widely as we exchanged look. He’s just appeared from the room door, closing it with his soft kick. I let out a small laugh when he grinned cutely. Gosh, this guy.

“Good morning, Mrs. Wu”

“I always feel like you’re addressing your mother whenever you called me that” I commented as walked away from him, had his fingers tips touching mine.

Kris just grinned as he heard my word, proceed to walk to the couch. “Ever since my mother had Lang as her last name, it’s only you who suited well with Wu. Be proud of your husband name, will you?” he raised one of his eyebrows, placing his phone on the wooden table.

“Such a baby... Where have you been?” I asked him, taking a sip of the orange juice that I had in my hand, standing in front of him.

“Morning walk. Checking around the cruise, with the twins” he answered.

Oh the kids. “Where are they?” I looked to the door, it’s closed, no sign of these two little monsters.

Kris smiled to himself before he answered. “Having a good time teasing the newlywed”

It’s my turn to raise my eyebrows. “What? They’re in Tao’s room?”

Kris nodded. “They really love their uncle...” he sang his answer, emphasizing the word “love”.

“Honey...” I rolled my eyes. “You can’t leave them with Tao and his wife like that... Imagine how hard it’s already for him to go away from his family? It’s a good time for him to enjoy the honeymoon period...” I shook my head as I watched him. My husband only responded with a smile.

“Well, when I brought Alex and Jaz for breakfast earlier, we met Tao and Angel and once we’re done, they said they wanted to stay with their Uncle Tao and Aunt Angel. They didn’t seem bothered with our kids so why should you?” Kris said as he flashed his gummy smile. I really can’t with Kris.

Years married to him, we really learned about each other. We showed our true colors, there’re always new things to learn about one another and to see him being this playful (or letting out a very dry jokes I can’t even comprehend), it’s something that I got used to. There’s no need to deny his words, especially when he explained his view of some topics. Debating with his always resulted in silly argumentative sessions. We’ve fought, a lot, about the kids most of the time; but it’s still bearable, not enough to make me want to leave him. And why would I want to leave a man like him?

“All of you had breakfast already?” I asked as I felt a grumble from my stomach. I’m so hungry.

Kris shook his head. “It’s just Alex and Jaz. They’re always hungry lately... The first thing Jaz told me this morning was, ‘Daddy I’m hungry’. So I decided to take them for breakfast after bath”

“And I didn’t hear anything?” I looked blankly to myself. Was I that sleepy last night?

“The cough syrup, I bet? You’re taking it last night, to get you a proper sleep. Maybe that’s why?” he gave me his hand, signaling me to come closer to him. I walked to Kris, taking his hand as he pulled me so I sat on his lap.

“Are you feeling better?” he asked, softly placed his right palm on my forehead while his left arm hanging securely around my waist. “You’re not having a fever anymore” he noted. I’ve been having fever and cough these couple days; it’s a bit making me worried since we’re in holiday with the kids and I didn’t want to ruin it with my illness. 

“Get well soon, Baby” he said, kissed my cheek before he pulled back to look at me. I smiled as I cupped his face.

We’re growing old but to see him treating me like we’re still a newlywed, it’s beyond amazing. It’s five years already since we had the twins in our family and with all the up and down during our time raising them, I realized that our wedding vow was slowly became reality. I wanted to be a wife who always stays by my husband, in a good time and a bad time. It happened, never once I left Kris unattended after we married for the second time. The biggest step I’ve ever taken probably was when I decided to take a very long leave from my modeling life.

Kris needs to develop the hotel chain in North America and Canada so our family moved to Vancouver. First, it’s for his work but then we realized that we wanted the twins to get familiar with their father’s second hometown. We moved when the babies were two years old. It’s a very big and serious thing for us, as family and as a couple. Although there’re maids here, it’s the first time for me to take care of the twins without the help from my mother or Kris’.

I was scared at first, since I knew that it’d be impossible for Kris to help me so I’d be left with the kids. He has works to do while I took care of our children. It’s hard when I started doing it; Alex and Jaz weren’t easily got used to our new home and I wasn’t familiar yet with the surrounding. But good thing was that the kids in the end adjusted to the environment and somehow, understood very well that their mommy was a bit clumsy with everything. I enjoyed my bonding time with them while catching up with Kris. He’s dead busy, almost impossible to see him in daylight; I only met him in the morning before work and of course, at night after work. Contrary to what people imagined about the CEO’s wife, there’s nothing fancy about our life though. We lived a modest lifestyle where I completely turned from a supermodel into a daily life mother.

I spent whole day with my twins. Alex is a morning baby, so he always wakes up ahead from Jaz, increasing his chance to meet his father before off for work. I usually had an early morning exercise with Jaz and Alex, I do yoga and these two cutie pies would be watching as they had their breakfast. We could go out for grocery shop or having a walk in the park or do the twins’ favorite: meeting Uncle Henry. Seriously, a visit from our family members meant a lot for us.

In Vancouver, I tried to hide the uncomfortable feeling of living in a new city, new country, with my husband and my children. I thought I could do it well but no matter how I tried, I ended up broken inside. We fought a lot; I felt like being left out by Kris. Vancouver is his hometown, it’d be easy for him to go back and continue a life there but for me, it’s another story. I felt like when I had my post-natal depression, it’s one of the darkest period in my life I didn’t want to go through again. We fought, we argued, we yelled to each other, but in the end, we realized that the bigger picture was our babies.

Kris had been really patient towards me. He apologized so many times, for not thinking the possibility of me leaving my hometown to stay with him and leaving me with the kids on my own. I apologized to him as well, for being a crybaby during our marriage. For Kris, leaving alone away from family was something he got used to, but for me, it’s a whole new world. Our different background made it a bit rocky and challenging in the way we do our marriage and raising the kids. And it’s very normal for him to see me breaking down, crying while complaining but at the end of the day, coming up to him to snuggle and realized that this was the life that I chose to have with him. And there’s no reason for me to get back.

“So you’re still not having your breakfast?” I asked him as I rubbed his face slowly. He shook his head as he smiled at me. I noticed the slight wrinkle at the corner of his eyes. He’s forty now, I’m still amazed that we’ve known each other for eleven years already. I suddenly felt like wanting to hug him, so I did. “Do you want to have your breakfast now?”

“I’m having it”

“Hmm?” I pulled back and looked at him in confused. “What do you have for breakfast?”

“You” he grinned cutely before avoiding my pinch on his cheek.

“Where are the twins... Aren’t they missing me?” I said as I looked to the door, there’s no sign that anyone is coming.

“Let’s just enjoy the time when they’re not with us” Kris said as he held my hands, helping me to stand up. “Go change, let’s get breakfast, we’re going to need a lot of energy taking them to see around Ketchikan” he added.

I rolled my eyes but then stepped inside the changing room to get ready. I paired my jeans with a white loose blouse and a warm cardigan as outer, not forgetting the thick jacket to be worn later out when I stepped out from the ship with my leather boots. The twins were not yet seen when I walked to the dining area with Kris, but I let them to be with their uncle while I stole some times to enjoy with their father.

His words were true, let’s enjoy the time when the kids were not around...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Mommy... can I bring my bike?” Alex looked up to me with glints of hope in his eyes. I really hate to do this, in fact, I’ve been dealing with this kind of scenes these days, but I had to shake my head to my little boy. It broke his heart, I know it, but what to do. We really can’t bring everything to Seoul.

“I’m sorry, Alex, but no. You’ll get the new one in Seoul, okay?” and by that, he left me in his room, probably joining Jaz who’s watching Disney Channel in the living room. I sighed, but this one was way better than how I said no to Jaz for her baby Maltese, Milo, to be left in Vancouver. There’s no way we’re going to take her pet to Seoul. And after the endless cries of Jaz, the cute puppy finally would just stay here, under Uncle Henry’s watch and supervised by the princess herself.

We’re going back to Seoul after living in Vancouver for three years and the Alaska cruise, just like what we had in our honeymoon, as set to be our family last trip there. The hotel was finally able to be managed with Kris’ successor in Vancouver and it’s time for us to go back. He did it not only because of his work but also for the kids to be able to live in a proper neighborhood. We’d want to raise the kids in Seoul since they’re going to go for elementary school and later on when they entered junior high school, in China. We agreed that for the kids to be able to be able to talk properly in Korean, Chinese, and English, we’ll have to put effort to stay in one country. My kids would be learning Chinese since their earliest year since they are going to spend every summer in their life in China in order to be familiar with the side of their father family. Protest? Well, no.

We tried our best to make sure to the elder and the rest of the family that there’ll be no more kids treated like what they did to Kris. Yes, Alex is Kris successor in this family, but there’ll be no special treatment. No business class, no need to attend any gala dinner when he should be sleeping at home, and definitely, no bodyguards around him when he’s schooling. Alex is not going to be treated like adult. When he’s on the right age to get all of the knowledge his father knew, that’d be the time for him to learn.

I was folding Alex and Jaz’s clothes when Kris walked inside the room with another boxed he prepared for me. We’ve been living here for quite a long time as the kids grew up and their clothes and stuff were not appropriate to be used by their growing body, so I decided to pack some of it to be given for charity. Kris and I really have to be careful though, especially with their toys. One mistake, dearest Mr. Bunny could be causing a trouble for us.

“Did you say something to Alex?” Kris asked, stepping some clothes before he sat next to me in Jaz’s bed, helping me to put the clothes that I already sorted to the box.

I looked at Kris and gave him my puzzled face. “Why?”

“When I walked past the living room, it seemed like he’s crying, Jaz wiped his tears and hugged him. No worry, they’re calm now...” he replied.

“I told him he couldn’t bring his bike”

“The blue one?”

“Of course, Honey. The pink one belongs to Jaz. She didn’t really care about it though”

“Only Milo matters for her” Kris said as he chuckled, shaking his head slowly.

Kris really had a hard time when Jaz crying over Milo. She insisted to bring the puppy while I said no and whenever mommy said no, Jaz goes for her father. Kris said no as well, and that’s causing her to cry more. We really got headache because Jaz really didn’t stop crying until hurt and I couldn’t stand it. I felt bad for making her crying like that. But I understand, just like how precious his bike for Alex, Milo was more than just a puppy for Jaz. She spent a lot of time with the puppy, that’s why she found it hard to part from her favorite pet.  

I stopped folding the clothes as I found a big crème blanket under the drawer.

“That’s the one you used to cover Jaz or Alex when they’re sleeping in the car” Kris said as he touched the blanket slightly. I nodded and smiled at the blanket. It smelled like them, the baby smell.

“Remember when Alex cried when he got his head hit the edge of the door?” I asked Kris and immediately laughed as I saw his grumpy face. It left him a very bad memory.

It was one of the days when I’m preparing dinner for the kids, Alex and Jaz was three years old. Alex was somehow falling with his head hitting the edge of the door. There was blood though and it’s totally making Alex cried badly. Jaz was not crying but since her twins cried, she followed him to cry. As for Kris, he felt bad because Alex fell beyond his watch. He really regretted leaving them in a room for seconds when he went to take his phone.

We went to the ER that night, but Alex really couldn’t stop crying. I had to make Jaz calm while Kris had Alex in his arms. Kris was crying as he saw how hurt Alex was and he really couldn’t stop saying sorry to Alex. He covered Alex with the blanket to make him calm. It was a devastating night, Kris really couldn’t say anything. He held Alex until the toddler fell asleep; he’s basically staying with him all night.

That’s what happened when your children got sick or getting hurt. We’re helpless; it felt like you wanted to be the one who feel the pain rather than your child. But we really couldn’t do anything, only hoping for Alex to get better as soon as possible. Kris was being clingier with the twins after that accident.

“They grew up so fast, Baby” Kris said, taking one of the short pants Alex used to wear. “He was once running around the house only with this pant”

“His favorite... Oh, why they grew up so fast?”

I still recalled the day I delivered the babies, when they were placed on my chest and the first time I touched them. They used to babble and spoke gibberish, now they talked so well and even talked back. Alex is a joker while Jaz is a witty commentator; we both were so amazed with their growth day by day. I would never forget the happiness in Kris’ face when the twins started to talk in full sentence. He looked so proud to talk with them and got a proper response from them.

“Oh, no... Don’t cry again, Honey...” Kris commented as he cupped my face with one of his palm. I chuckled and shook my head softly.

“I’m not gonna cry...”

I went in tears usually at night. There’re days when I brought the twins to sleep and as I realized they’re not a baby anymore, I cried. I missed them being clingy to only me, feeding them while I talked to them, changing look as we’re having a mother-child moment. Nowadays, they went to their bed alone and need me for a while before they fell asleep. They still love me for reading them story before they sleep, but most of the time I got replaced by Mr. Bunny or the Bumblebee toys.

“Anyway, had you been in touched with your agency again?”

“Mmhmm. Heechul oppa already prepared comeback plan for me... I think being ambassador for mommy and toddler’s products are great. The kids will join some of the shoots as well...”

“We’re really going back, hmm?”

“Yeah, we’re definitely going back...”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Jaz, come here with Mommy” I said to Jaz as I gave my hand to her.

We’ve just arrived at the airport with our luggage and the twins. It’s their nap time, it’s normal for them to act a little sassy and hard to deal with. We’re going to face the long flight and it’d be better for me and Kris to prepare the twins. Kris held hands with Alex; he seemed to be excited to be in the airport while her sister was still pouting when she saw me.

I got her left hand as she hugged Mr. Bunny with her right hand. Jaz, as usual, observed the surrounding before she closed her gap with me.

“We’re going to Seoul, Mommy?” she asked as she saw the tickets in her father’s hands.

“Yes, we’re going back to Seoul. You can see grandpa and grandma everyday as you always want...” I told her, fixing her bangs. She looked up to me and smiled prettily, her mood seemed to be good.

“Can we see Grandpa Bruce as well?” she asked again.

“Sure, we can see him too. He’s in London for now, but he’ll visit us next week. Are you happy to go back to Seoul?”

Jaz nodded. Her attention then changed to Alex who’s standing next to Kris. He’s holding his backpack and looked around. Jaz then crossed the room and sat next to him. The kids were suddenly talking as they shared their peach juice and biscuit, talking about going back to Seoul. I smiled as I saw them being so close like this.

“Alex already said that he wants to stay at your parent’s house” Kris said, standing next to me. “Never knew they’re this excited to go back home”

“Maybe because we’ve been away here for too long...” I responded, fixing Kris’ shirt collar.

“You’re thinking that we’re living too long here?”

I shook my head, smiling. “No, it’s just... for the kids; yes it’s too long to stay in a country where they rarely find people with same descendant. They’re just missing home...”

“And in the next six years, we’re going to move to China as well...”

“Calm down... Can’t we just properly enjoy the time in Seoul before thinking to move again?” I told him, smiling at him. “We’ll sort it out...”

Kris didn’t say anything but just having his arms around me and kissed the top of my head as he watched the kids now immersed with the iPad, laughing over the movie they watched.

“Will these two stay like this for the whole flight?”

“Well, let’s see... If we can give enough entertainment, we can survive this long flight, Baby” I replied as I let out a small laugh.

“Should we give them sleeping pill or something?”

“Honey, please” I rolled my eyes as I hit his arm slightly. He always let out a joke of leaving the kids or making them sleeping as fast as possible.

We heard the information to get board to the plane. I called the twins to go closer to me. They’re taller and easier to manage now, the held both of my hands as we get on board. Kris followed from the back, rechecking any stuff possibly left by the kids. When everything’s okay and we got inside the plane, we sat comfortably on our seat and once I’m done checking the twins, I sat next to Kris as watched the kids playing around in their seat.

“Why?” I asked him as looked at him.

“It’s funny... I was once leaving Vancouver on my own, then with you and Baby Bear remember? After the honeymoon... And now, we have these two rascals here with us...” he said, looking with awe to the kids.

“So what? Do you plan to go back from Vancouver with another baby?”

He smiled cheekily and pinched my chin. “Who’s talking about baby? Why? Do you want more babies?”

I raised one of my eyebrows. “Babies? Not even a baby?”

“Baby or babies, that’s okay... Do you still want it?” Kris asked me again with a teasing voice.

He’s then spoke in Chinese to the twins and they said with a loud happy “yes”. Kris smiled happily as he gave them his thumb.

“What did you say?”

“I asked them whether they wanted a brother or sister, and they said they want it” he responded while shrugging carelessly.

“Stop joking around...”

“But another baby is still okay, right?”

“Honey, stop it please...”

“Why? These two are going older and older; don’t we need a new sort of entertainment?”

“Is a baby a source of entertainment for you?”

He just smiled. “It’d be nice if you can get pregnant again”

“We’re too old for that...”

And that stopped him for talking. “We’re too old for that, huh?”

“Let’s just take care of Alex and Jaz as good as possible, hmm?”

“Why didn’t I meet you earlier in my life and have tons of babies?” he said as he placed his head on the crook of my neck.

“Kris Wu... seriously...”

Really. No one can’t stop this man...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It’s one of the sunny days that happened during the spring. I was walking as I brought a bouquet of flower before I stopped to the familiar words. It’s been a while since I’m standing here, right in front of my baby’s tomb.

Baby Bear, the son of Jinah and Kris Wu.

It didn’t leave me uncomfortable feeling anymore as I saw it. I used to be all in tears and being broken whenever I saw his tomb. My first baby... the one that I would never forget in my life. I used to hate to come here, because I know I would never be able to stand the feeling of losing him. But now, it’s better. I didn’t feel bad anymore; I could face him with a smile.

“Hello, Baby Bear...” I said softly, placing the flower on his tomb. I touched it, remembering the feeling when I had him inside me. Those days when I was thinking of getting rid of him or to keep him, the time he gave me some kind of notice that he’s there when I met Kris Wu again, I missed a lot of my moments when I was pregnant with him.

Again, I was wondering if he finally made it. Would there be a second baby after him? Would the twins still be here if I had Baby Bear? This kind of thought often came in my mind whenever I thought about my first baby. I always dreamed to have him here with us, becoming the brother for Alex and Jaz.

“Mommy is here, Baby Bear. I’m back for good, along with daddy and your siblings. I’m sorry I was away for too long... But now we’re back here, we’re going to visit you more often... “

I smiled to his tomb. I missed him a lot, those days when he kicked inside me. It wasn’t like I had similar experience with the twins, but with Baby Bear, everything was new for me. The bond of mother and their baby, I felt it for the first time with Baby Bear. But no matter what, it’s thanks to him also that for my second pregnancy I could feel it way better. I softly my own stomach as I looked at the tomb.

“Baby Bear, you know... Mommy had a very nice pregnancy moment with your sibling twins... It’s a nice feeling, just like when Mommy had you for the first time. They’re growing up so well, I bet you would do the same too... “I started to speak again, but then stopped before I smiled one more time.

“Honey... Mommy had news for you...”  I cleared my throat and looked at the tomb with a serious expression; people might think I’m crazy for talking to a tomb.

“It seemed that God blessed our family one more time. Believe it or not, Mommy is carrying your new sibling, Honey...” I rubbed my stomach one more time, smiling to it as I saw the tomb once again. “I know it’s weird isn’t it? I thought that I was a woman who’s not capable to be pregnant again. But then, the twin came. And now...another one is coming...”

I really couldn’t hold the tears that came from the corner of my eyes. I was crying, just like that. To know that I’m pregnant again on my age, I should say that I’m terrified yet surprised. I thought the twins would be the last time I got pregnant, but it seemed not. I got my result, it’s positive and it’s on its fifth week, the same age when I found I was pregnant with Baby Bear. Similar with the second pregnancy, I didn’t realize I was pregnant. But I bet once I found it, I’d be throwing up like crazy...

I probably didn’t realize it because I’m busy the past weeks. We’ve just settled in our home, having some reunion with friends and family.  And the twins started school while Kris already busy at the office... But now that I’m having myself, I just knew that there’s something inside me, one more time.

“I can’t wait to tell your daddy and your siblings about it, Honey.... Will they like it? I guess they will like it.... Especially your daddy... I don’t know why he’s so excited to have another one...”

Before I could say anything else, I heard a loud voice calling me. It’s the twins; they called me as they walked here along with Kris on the back.

“Mommy...” Jaz said as she hugged me.

“Hey, Baby. Just back from school, hmm?” I asked her as I took Alex to come closer to me. The two of them stood on my sides, looking at the tomb.

“It’s gege...” Alex softly said as he appointed to the tomb.

“Yes, it’s gege...” Kris said as he had his arms around my shoulder. “Hi, Honey” he said, kissing my cheek.

“You’re taking them from school?”

“Yep... The school was calling, so I brought them back... Alex and Jaz, said hi to your brother...” Kris told the twins.

Alex and Jaz politely bowed to the tomb and hugged me again.

“Mommy do you miss gege?” Alex asked me suddenly, making me looked at him.

“Yes, of course. You will miss him too if you ever had a chance to know him...” I told him, rubbing on his hair. Alex just smiled at me and had his head to my side.

“If gege still alive, how old would he be Mommy?” this time Jaz asked.

“He’d be eleven years old...”

“Is he older than Sophie Jie?” Alex asked.

“Yes, he’s older than your Sophie Jie...”

“Do you think he will like me and Alex, Mommy?” Jaz asked again.

“Of course, why wouldn’t your brother like you?” Kris answered Jaz question. The little girl smiled happily, she turned to her father. As always, Jaz and Kris was always like this, getting attached to each other. She’s really fallen for her father, and it seemed that Kris also spoiled the little princess, the only reason why this girl always runs for her father. She had her hand held by Kris, being clingy towards daddy.

We ended the visit with Kris left a kiss on the tomb before walking with us. He took Jaz on his arms; she’s tired and didn’t want to walk. I had Alex walking with me hand in hand.

“Kids...” I called them; they’re paying attention to me immediately. “If your brother like you as your sibling... would you like your other sibling like you too?”

The kids looked at me in confused, as well as their father.

“Who’s the other sibling, Mommy?” Alex looked up to me, showing his puzzled face. I smiled at him; he’s really cute when he looked like that.

“Honey?” Kris also looked at me with confusion over my question.

“What if Mommy says that...inside here...” I appointed to my stomach, “there’s...your other sibling...” I said as I looked at Kris. His expression was so priceless I really wanted to take a picture of it.

“Jinah...What... How...”

I smiled as I talked to these three precious treasures in my life. “Mommy is having a baby inside here....”

Jaz excitedly screaming and asked Kris to put her on the ground. “Baby...” she said as she hugged me. Seeing his sister, Alex also hugging me and it made me laughed to see the being excited like this.

“Seriously, I’m the last to know?” Kris still looked at me in disbelief. “Honey, are you serious?”

“It’s not a joke, of course...” I told him, smiling as widely as possible.

“Come here...” he brought me to his arms, hugging me closely. I could hear the kids protesting his movement, they’re hugging me again. It’s so funny to be hugged by three people and it’s so cute to have my kids and my husband all about being attached to me.

“Aren’t you the one who said that baby in our age are hard?” he said teasingly before placing a small peck on the top of my head.

“I don’t know too... It’s just happened to be here...” I responded, couldn’t hide the smile that I have in my face.

“I love you, Baby...” he said as he hugged me tighter and touched my stomach, giving it a soft rub. “Take a good care” he added.

“I love you too...” I replied, leaving a pink stain on his cheek.

“Jaz love Mommy too!” Jaz said as she hugged me, giggling.

“Alex love Mommy too... Mommy I love you...” Alex copied what his sister did.

Kris and I couldn’t help but laughing as we heard the response of our kids. “Yes... Mommy loves you too, Alex and Jaz... And daddy too” I added, earning a protest look from my dearest husband.  

“Your stomach is going to be big, Mommy?” Alex asked curiously.

“Yes, because your future sibling here is going to grow inside me...”

“I want a sister...” Jaz said, placing her head on my stomach.

“I want a brother” Alex said, responding to Jaz.

“Why? You two are not happy with each other?” Kris asked the kids, they started to say the gender of the future sibling and it started to be a fight. As always, the twins sometimes happy, sometimes fight, but in the other times, totally ignoring each other.

“Ok,ok, do not fight here... There’s a sleeping baby inside mommy’s stomach” Kris said calmly and the two immediately stopped talking as they heard the keyword: baby. Alex stopped talking as well as Jaz. Kris told them to hold hand and they did it. I smiled as I linked my arms with Kris’, adoring our two precious kids.

Being married, having two kids, and now about to have another one, I really couldn’t stop counting the blessing God gave me. I felt so thankful that everything’s happened in the right time. Just when we’re back in Seoul, when the twins already big enough to go for school and taking care of themselves... I got another precious gift that God sent for me and my family.

People really would never know what the future have for them, but I knew that for every blessed given to me, I should always be grateful and showed my gratitude to God. I’m a dreamer, I have a lot of imagination, but really, there’s no better author than God who created a perfect scenario for every human He created. I would not want anything else in my life but happiness for those I love. And as I walking away with my kids and my husband, softly on my stomach, I left my pray to God.

Thank you for your endless blessing, God.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bonus :p