The Bonus Chapter

Perfect Timing

 

"Bonus Chapter"

 

 

“It’s so big”

“Yeah, it’s so big. Is it okay to touch it?”

“Later. What if something happen when you touch it?”

“We’ll get scold. But I’m curious”

“Me too”

“How it get there? How could it get in there?”

“We were there too, Mommy said”

“It’s only one inside, right?”

“Mmhmm”

“How we were fit there previously? There’re two of us. There”

“We even fight about our space in the room, but inside there...”

I couldn’t help but smiling as I listened to my twin’s dialog. I was asleep in the sofa, but then I awakened to their voices. I pretended to sleep, just wanted to listen to them but I really couldn’t act to sleep anymore since they’re so adorable. I opened my eyes slowly and smiled to them.

“Hey...” I greeted them.

“Did we wake you up, Mommy?” Alex asked in worry. I shook my head, changing my sleeping position a bit to the left to see them better. Jaz and Alex in their pajamas were the cutest things ever, plus their confused faces. I always love to see them being curious and excited, or sometimes scared, when we introduced them to something new.

“Why aren’t the two of you sleeping yet, hmm?” I asked as I rubbed Alex and Jaz’s faces, looking at these two precious kids of mine.

“We’re waiting for Daddy to read the story before we sleep” Jaz said.

“You should sleep now, because if you’re not sleeping, your baby brother wouldn’t want to sleep as well” I told them as I softly touched the baby bump. It was kicking and I knew it very well that the baby inside wouldn’t stop anywhere soon. It was like he’s giving me a sign that he didn’t want to sleep yet or ask me to get a proper sleeping position, which usually never my bed.

I spent too much time sleeping on the floor or the sofa, I even ordered a specialized pillow that would help me to get sleep better in the sofa. But still, it didn’t help much. My baby preferred the cold floor to sleep; he’s a little similar with Baby Bear who always wanted me to get on the floor, unlike when I was pregnant with Jaz and Alex.

“Is the baby awake now, Mommy?” Jaz asked. I nodded and I motioned them to place their hands on my bump. They followed my instruction and just then, they looked excited as they felt their sibling kicking from inside. It’s my final week of the pregnancy, the bump already grew bigger and since I rarely moved around, Jaz and Alex found that I looked so big it made them wondered how the baby are going to get out from my stomach.

“He’s kicking...” Alex muttered.

“Is it hurt, Mommy?” Jaz asked while she rubbed my stomach and giggled when she saw the movement in my stomach. The baby kicked pretty hard, making me a little uncomfortable, but that’s okay. I shook my head, just staying calm as I took a deep breath. It’s his everyday routine.

We found that we’re going to have a boy and the news excited the family very well, including Alex and Jaz. Kris and I were worried at first with the twins since they probably not realized what would happen when another baby is on its way to the family. They’re busy with school recently and although they’re pretty much occupied with their activity at school, I would feel bad if I ignored them during the first few weeks of pregnancy. As previously happened with baby bear and with the twins, I was having a very bad first trimester of pregnancy with all the morning sickness, those days when I didn’t feel like eating at all until Kris had to shove the food into my mouth or when I kept sleeping and ignoring the twins or even Kris. I’m scared that they would hate me or worse, hate the baby. But it didn’t happen though.

Kris and I were kind of surprised to know how helpful the twins were. They always offered to hold my hand, to snuggle with me on bed when I felt exhausted on the bed, they’re just there; making sure that I feel good. And I love them more for that, never thought that my twins would grow this well.

I stood up and walked to the carpeted floor in front of the TV. As usual, my favorite spot when I got pregnant and need a proper sleep would be in this floor. I was there, having my body on the floor and left the kids confused.

“You’re sleeping there again, Mommy?” Jaz looked at me, not sure about what happened. I just nodded to them.

“Your baby brother wants to stay here for a while. Oh.... It feels so comfortable” I said as I closed my eyes for a while. And without saying anything, the twins followed me, snuggled to my sides as they hugged me. I was giggling as I saw what they did, but just then, the baby stopped kicking, like he knew that I need a rest and learns that it’d be probably the last time I could spend my time just with his brother and sister.

Taking care of a baby was never on my mind. Having Baby Bear made me learned that I actually wanted to be a mother; and through Jaz and Alex, I felt happy that I really am a mother. Spending almost six years taking care of them personally made me feeling so blessed to be introduced to them. They helped me grew mature; they bonded me and Kris more than we previously did. Those days fighting over how to take care of the twins or how we should treat them, teach them, it actually made us grow and in the end, feeling grateful for the trust that God gave to us to have these two kids.

I also have my breaking point, both when taking care of the twins and when I got pregnant for the third time. It was never easy. Just because I’ve been pregnant before, it didn’t make it any less easy for my third pregnancy. I felt scared for no reason, felt like Kris didn’t really care for me, or suddenly burst into tears when I thought he’s ignoring me. This was the hardest one, although at first I was kind of ignoring it since I thought I’ve been doing this before so it would be less worrisome. Plus Kris was away outside the country several times, making me feeling abandoned, again and again.

But I should tell that my husband is actually the best person that could be married to me. He’s somehow understood that on my age, getting pregnant again could be excited yet scary. Kris made it like it’s the easiest thing to do, offering me with endless attention, but still, I thought that he’s ignoring me although I know that he’s not. Pregnancy mood really affected my sanity sometimes.    

“Kids... Bed time” Kris was there, standing with his sleeping pants and the shirt, checking on the kids who were lying on the floor with me. “Is it a slumber party?” he asked, smiling as he saw the three of us.

“Daddy, can we sleep here with Mommy?” Alex asked him, snuggling more to me as if he’s scared that Kris would take him away.

“It’s not comfortable to sleep on the floor, Baby” he explained, kneeled next to us. “Jaz, do you also want to sleep here?”

Jaz nodded quickly, suddenly had her arm around my stomach, not wanting to leave. “I want to sleep with Mommy here”

I just looked at Kris who shook his head, chuckling. “Ok, let’s have slumber party here. Alex, come help me to take the blanket and pillow, ok?”

And just by that, we’re having a sleep on the floor in the living room with me squeezed in between Jaz and Alex, while Kris slept next to Jaz. The cold of the winter was still there, the snow was not yet melted, but the warmth of my family would never make me forget how I’m loved and blessed with their presence.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I’ve just had my breakfast when I munched on the fruit prepared by the maid. Again, pregnancy was the best moment for me to eat everything as much as I wanted (only to hit the gym again and again later on to remove all the unnecessary weight). I walked as I brought the fruit bowl with a bottle of yoghurt, my usual morning snack, heading to the west wing of our house. There, I saw Kris along with the medical person there checking on the big water tub as they filled it with the water.

“How’s the mommy here?” the staff asked me politely, greeted me with a bright smile of him.

“I’m good” I replied, taking a seat on the sofa as I watched them discussed more about the tub, their plan to clean it and how they’re going to fill the water as fast as possible. I let them do whatever they’re doing as I rubbed on the stomach, staring at the tub.

We decided to do natural birth at home, in the water tub. I’ve been in constant contact with my personal doctor and when he suggested the water birth, I thought that it would be the best way to welcome baby A to our family. We’ve learned enough about the procedure and prepared everything from the tub, the water, the medical person that would attend the delivery, and all the things we need to know about it. My family had been very supportive towards this pregnancy and there’s nothing more I could ask for than that.

And speaking about family, the Wu family had been very delightful recently. Aside from Vic’s kids Sophie and Jamie along with Fei’s daughter and our twins, there are Luhan’s baby boy and Tao’s baby girl. Family meeting had been more interesting since the presence of the babies. It seemed like all the anger and sinister vanished, replaced by joy, love, and happiness upon seeing the next generation of the family grew comfortably close to each other. And that’s why the presence of my future baby A interested more, my mother in law along with her husband came to check on us quite often in the middle of their trip in Europe. They really enjoyed the life after marriage, which made me felt happy as well.

When the medical staff left the house to check on several items first, Kris walked up on me as he kneeled in front of me.

“Are you feeling okay?” he asked as he rubbed on my stomach, having his palm moved around there, comforting the baby. He’s been running wildly inside me, I have no idea what he’s doing there.

“Good, perfect” I replied, smiling at him. Kris officially took a week off to accompany me to deliver the baby. If the measurement’s right, the delivery should happen within this week and that’s why he rechecked the preparation again and again.

“Is everything okay with the tub?” I asked as I cupped his face, the stubble he had on his face.

Kris was looking domestically handsome with that look; I couldn’t resist the need of touching him, although I have this big belly separating us. The pregnancy hormone was no joke, I even felt aroused more whenever Kris snuggling with me and it’s sad to know that he was the one who could satisfied me while I couldn’t do much to help him get his release.

“Everything has been checked, all we have to do is waiting for the sign and we can do the procedure just like we’ve been trained before” he replied, taking my hand as he placed himself on the sofa next to me. He took my shoulder, pulling me closer to him so I could lean better to him. Never failed to make me happy, this man. To be able to bear him three babies was an honor for me, the proof of our love. I’m so happy that I met him, the man of my life.

“How would he feel later on when he’s delivered through water?” I asked as I watched the tub. We’re going to deliver the baby there...

“Just like in the videos of water birth, I bet. He’s going to get though it” Kris replied as he placed his palm on my stomach again, it’s his favorite thing to do when we’re sitting close to each other.

“Another baby, Honey” I said softly. It still amazed me how our relationship grew from the very first time we met up until now, it’s really like a roller coaster ride.

“He’ll be the center of attention of his siblings later on” Kris said, half chuckling. “Alex and Jaz constantly asked me how the baby is going to get out from you and to be honest; I really had a hard time to explain it”

“They asked you that?” I smiled as I imagined Jaz and Alex asked their father to explain how their baby brother delivered. “Do you think Jaz and Alex will be fine with the baby? I mean, technically based on our experience with them, we’re so going to have the zombie time in the first three month, at least. I may not be fully attentive to them and-“

“You don’t have to worry about it” Kris cut my words, smiling assuring. “They started their own schedule on what day Jaz will attend baby A to sleep with you and when is Alex turns to play with him. They’re excited and they told about the baby to their friends, their teacher told me when I picked them up at school yesterday. You have to worry nothing, Honey” he explained. I sighed in relieved; my twins indeed grew up already.

I joined Kris’ palm on my stomach, rubbing it softly. I felt a little weird, the baby kept on kicking on me, again and again, but it’s not like the usual. He usually kicked but then stopped, but this time, the kicking continued again and again. I grabbed Kris’ hand suddenly, making him looked at me in worry. I gasped, and this time the look in my eyes totally could be understood by him.

“Honey, I think this is the time. I think I’m going to deliver the baby now”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Jinah, do you want to change your clothes?” Mrs. Jang, the midwife that’s going to help Jinah to deliver the baby, was looking at Jinah who’s squatting over the gym ball. She hugged it while she listened to the music, trying to distract the uncomfortable feeling she’s having. Jinah nodded and got helped by her mother to change the clothes.

Her father along with Bruce waiting outside the pavilion, sitting at the sofa there, accompanied by Jongin who’s attending the delivery as well. He’s in charge of recording the delivery process so he’s being so attentive from the very start. I thanked him, secretly praying that he would be married soon.

I rechecked the tub as we’re filling it with the water. The temperature was already set comfortably for Jinah; I made sure that everything’s already okay. My mother accompanied my twins in the living room. It’d be better for the kids to not stay in the pavilion along with us, but once the baby born, they’re certainly going to see him soon.

After she’s feeling the contraction, I immediately called the midwife and her doctor. She’s already dilated for 10 cm that morning and we’re waiting for her to dilate more before she could start getting inside the tub. Jinah walked in her short and crop top, going over the gym ball once again and immediately listened to the music, refuse to talk with anyone. I understood her mood very well, she must have been feeling so hurt and uncomfortable; in that state, she usually tend to be cynical or cold, so rather than hurting people with her words, she preferred to stay silent.

The midwife rechecked the tub condition and as she saw Jinah squatting, having her face leaned to the ball, she came to her to help her tied her hair into a bun. They whispered to each other, probably because Jinah was too tired to talk so they just whispered and she helped to massage her back. I noticed that Jinah said she’s now feeling better with the massage, the midwife told her to just squat for a while to help her dilate more.

As for me, I couldn’t feel anything as well to see my wife being there, preparing herself to deliver the baby. I didn’t know what to do, but when the midwife told Jinah to get inside the tub, I immediately assisted her. I was instructed to massage her back and even to touch her bottom, so she could feel better. Jinah was kneeling on the tub, having her face leaned to the side of the tub. She didn’t say anything; she’s just being idle there. I noticed she’s closing her eyes, I whispered courage words although I knew that it wouldn’t help her. But I didn’t want to let my wife being hurt all alone, if it’s possible, I wanted to take her pain. I kissed the side of her head before letting the midwife taking control of Jinah again.

“She’s going to be okay” my mother in law said when she’s done talking to Jinah. She really had no energy to talk much, so her mother should whisper as well to her. “She just said that she felt that the baby is going to go out soon... My daughter is really strong...” she added, giving me a side hug. I really didn’t know what to do while Jinah stayed in the tub. Sometimes she moaned, but then she’s calm again.

Jongin also stood next to me while taking picture and recording the event as well. He just patted on my shoulder, wishing me a good luck. I kneeled outside the tub, facing with Jinah who’s still leaning to the tub while closing her eyes.

“Honey” I called her, she’s just hummed. “Let me know if it’s too hard for you, okay?” she opened her eyes slowly and then just nodded, not wanting to talk.

I didn’t know what to do so I just looked at her, trying to wonder if there’s anything wrong and if I could help. I was unable to locate the pain she’s having, so I ended up holding on her hand although she didn’t hold me back. I just watched her, forgetting the cramps that I felt on my both legs since I’ve been kneeling for more than an hour; but let’s be real, she’s having worse pain than what I’m feeling. I tried to massage her hand, softly touching and giving it enough pressure to make her feeling slightly better. And after three hours of me sitting with her while she’s trying to hide her pain, her body finally started to contract and push the baby out.

“I think the baby is on its way now” said the midwife after she checked on the condition down there. Jinah’s mother kissed the side of her head and told me to just stay with Jinah. She kneeled across her, watching the seconds of the delivery process.

Jinah started to moan and groan, but it’s far from pleasure; it’s more to a groan that showed great pain. She finally started to grab on my hand while I watched her trying to push the baby. The midwife encouraged her to push more while she maintained her heavy breathing, Jinah groaned again as she holding on my hand. She went quiet after that, she’s controlling her breathing.

“Come on, Mommy. Push a little bit more, your baby need more pressure to get outside, and we can see his head now...” the midwife said again.

Jinah closed her eyes but then opened it again; she gulped as she looked at me, helpless.

“Honey, you can do it. You can do it” I told her softly. She shook her head, looking like she wanted to give up, but I knew she wouldn’t.

She groaned, mixed with a loud scream as she kept trying to push the baby. She sweated a lot as I wiped her face; I looked at her face as she tried her best to deliver the baby. But there’s moment when she felt like she couldn’t do it and I cupped her face, encouraging her to do it. I told her how much I love her and how great she’s been doing.

The midwife then helped to change Jinah’s position, she’s now lying on her side with the water covered her up to her chest while the midwife helped to open her leg. She massages the side of her belly and tried to push the baby as well. Once again, Jinah screamed and wailed as she held to my hand. I was as helpless as I saw her screaming in pain while I could only hold her hand, unable to do anything and just by that... she screamed pretty loud for the last time, before the midwife brought up the baby from the water.

“Oh my God...” Jinah whispered with her short breath, trying to catch oxygen as much as she could.

The baby was there, freshly outt from her body and the tiny little thing was moving his hands and legs as he’s placed on her chest. Jinah couldn’t stop saying “Oh my God” as she held him. It was like it’s the first time she’s delivering a baby again. I tucked her hair to the back of her ear as I changed my sitting position, so I was on her back.

“Hi, Honey...” she said to the baby that’s now crying so loud. “He’s here... He’s totally here...” she said, more to herself.

I looked at the baby and I placed a kiss on the side of her head. It seemed that she forgot my existence and realized that I was there when she looked at me, looking with a mesmerized glance.

“He’s here. It’s not a dream” she said to me, smiling while having tears running on her face. I couldn’t hide my tears as well, it’s been exhausting and tiring for all of us and to see her suffered before getting the baby out perfectly was more than just a torture for me. Now I could finally breathing at ease as I kissed her again and again. I really couldn’t stop thanking God for letting her to go through it.

The baby was still crying, a good sign that he’s fine and okay. The midwife confirmed that the baby condition was okay and he’s allowed to stay for more minutes with his mother. The baby then being placed over Jinah’s , to get his first feeding activity. And to see him easily found the and immediately drank from it was enough for me. It’s like the most beautiful scene I’ve ever seen. The mommy and the baby were definitely fine, perfect.

“Welcome to the family, Andrew Wu”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“He’s cute”

“He looks like me”

“No he looks like me”

“He looks more like Daddy then” Kris jumped in the conversation of who’s Andrew looked like more. While the baby just looked around and letting out a small baby laugh, his siblings and father were looked at him in awe. I couldn’t hide the smile I have for them.

It’s been three months already since the baby born and he’s already becoming the favorite baby at home. Jaz and Alex always tried to be the one who stayed close to him when I was feeding him. Sometimes they would do a quick game to decide who may sleep next to Andrew when Andrew took his nap, in the other day, they would be fighting over the stroller, with the quest: who’s going to push the stroller. It’s usually Kris who won it.

As a mother of three, I found it a little challenging to take care of the bigger kids along with the baby. Andrew, just like Jaz and Alex, also awakened in the midnight until the morning came. And usually when he finally asleep, I need to sleep as well. But I have my twins to be looked up too, sometimes I felt like a zombie in the morning. I need four people to be taking care to: my husband and our three children.

My mother offered a help to look for the baby or the twins, but I didn’t want to bother her. I need to take care of my little family, so it happened. I usually let Andrew sleep a little earlier, so at least I could take a sleep before he awakened again at 2 in the morning. After that, he would be asleep around 5 and as I took some sleep, I prepared myself to get the twins ready for school while serving breakfast for Kris and the two kids. And later when Andrew awakened in the morning, we could play around before we fell asleep on the afternoon nap. It’s a repetition, a routine, every single day. And although it’s hard, I could tell that I enjoyed it, especially the time with my baby Andrew.

I wondered if Andrew was actually Baby Bear. He made so many gestures that similar with Baby Bear during my pregnancy but now that he’s out, he’s just as adorable as I thought he would be. He looked more like Kris I could tell... I like playing with him while he’s giggling as kissed his hands and feet. He’s just awesome, although at night he could be really bothersome with those cries and endless screams, but still, I love him just how much I love his brother and sister.

The twin always excitedly looked up to their baby brother and although asking for their help more like to be trouble than getting any help, I still let them to participate in taking care of their brother. Jaz likes it a lot when she could sing for baby Andrew and Alex loves it when he played with his toys next to the baby, usually he gone all “See this toy, Andrew? This is my favorite robot, but I will let you play with me when you can talk, okay?”

There’re lot of things happened at home and I almost never once missed it to be captured on the camera. I’ve been doing this with Alex and Jaz, and looking forward to do it with Andrew as well; it’s so pretty I couldn’t stop adoring my own babies’ pictures. I knew there’re a lot of parents posted about their kids on their social media. I really wanted to do it, but I didn’t want to be this annoying person who started to boast about their children. It’s normal, I understand, but I didn’t want that to my kids. I’d let just me and my husband who adored our own child, no one needs to know more about it.

But as much as I felt so exhausted to take care of the kids, I still need to care for one more people in this home that I mostly abandoned: my husband. Ever since Andrew came, I got more and more involved with the child rather than him. We both realized it, sometimes when Andrew totally couldn’t sleep, Kris would take care of Jaz and Alex’s study time which usually always done by me. I thought that I took care of everything well, but I clearly noticed how I was rarely spending more time with my dearest husband, the man who brought me so much happiness these past years. So when the kids already asleep and Andrew was somehow slept faster than usual, I decided to have a moment with my husband.

No alcohol involved of course, since I still need to feed Andrew, but at least I made effort by wearing the lingerie Kris always like. Although I screwed out a bit, since my stomach looked flabby after the pregnancy, I still fit the lingerie and it didn’t fail him to take me on the wall. I was just giving him the surprised, opening my robe to reveal my lingerie and he came to me, kissing me like there’s no tomorrow, which I enjoyed since we haven’t been really intimate for a while.

“Why are we doing this again?” he asked while he kissed the crook of my neck, leaving me breathless. I sighed before I cupped his face and looked at him.

“Because I miss you” I told him, smiling.

“And I miss you too” he replied, before he covered my moan as he kissed my lips hungrily while palming my . He’s still excited as he was and I couldn’t help but feeling happy to be able to give my husband a little entertainment on bed. I really wished that Andrew couldn’t awake until we’re down with this thing; Mommy really needs your daddy, Andrew. Please understand.

And the wish came true. For the first time, Andrew slept calmly as his mommy and daddy was having fun on bed. I really couldn’t thank the baby much as we both tangled under the sheet.

“We really should do it more often” Kris said with his hoarse voice when he caressed my side as I snuggled to him.

“What?”

“ under the pressure of the sleeping baby” he replied, adding a small laugh. “It felt really delicious and interesting, right?”

I could only smack his arms but then fell for his kisses, pushing our luck by doing a morning make out. I didn’t know who’s worse, me or him; but we knew that we’re definitely crazy for each other.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The baby’s cries were clearly heard on my mind; I thought it was a dream. But when I opened my eyes, I woke up to realize that my baby’s crying and his sound was heard even on my dream. I yawned to look around, trying to sense where my wife would be. She’s next to my side, sleeping deeply. She totally looked tired and for the sake of keeping her sleeping comfortably, I stood up and walked to the crying baby.

“Hey, Baby... What’s up?” I talked to him as I had him on my arms.

When I looked up to see his face, Andrew seemed to have a hard time of sleeping. His head was sweaty while his face went red due to the tears. He really didn’t want to stop crying, so as I took him out from our bedroom, I took my phone while we’re heading to the kitchen.

I wasn’t an expert in taming baby, so a help from Google would be much appreciated. Alex and Jaz usually cried like this when they’re having a pee or poop, but as I checked on Andrew, he didn’t have any of that so the problem should be something else. I tried to give him a warm water, I tried to pick him up and down (wrong step, he cried even more), and since I was frustrated to walk around inside the house, I decided to take my coat along with proper thick blanket for Andrew as I bundled him and brought him out to the garden.

It was five in the morning, no one started the day yet, but my baby probably could start a little faster. I brought him on my chest as we walked around the backyard. I rarely walked around here though ever since I built it years ago, but at least I got a chance to do it with Andrew now. His cry already stopped when we stepped out from the house, the morning breeze probably calmed him.

“This is the back of our house, Andrew. Your sister and brother usually played around here, they even built a tent when they felt like it; when you can join your brother and sister later on, let’s plays with them, okay?” Of course the baby wouldn’t reply, but to hear his hum or his gibberish voice was already enough for me. I had my audience, my beloved baby Andrew.

And as I walked around, I recalled on why I built this huge house. I was always wanted to have a family, with a wife and kids. I didn’t know how, but before I met the person I wanted to spend my life with, I promised myself that I’m going to build a house for them, the comfortable one. And that’s pretty much how this home built. It was so large and huge; I wanted my family to feel comfortable around the house, not feeling suffocated with the closed section of the suite. I wanted them to breathe more fresh natural oxygen rather than the one from air conditioner; I wanted them to spend more time outside than in front of TV or the gadget. And now that I have my own family, it’s somehow happened to be true. I enjoyed those time when I got to play with them, leaving my gadget for a while and just having fun with my wife and the twin.

It would be like that with Andrew too. I looked at him; he’s somehow looked back at me with a longing look. When I looked at him, I was somehow looked at my own reflection. He’s a lot looked like me, like a mini me. I smiled at him and he’s looked back at me, smiling.

“Are you feeling good now, Boy?” I asked him, touching his chubby cheek, making him giggled. I touched it again and he kept on giggling, I did it several times before I walked around the backyard again.

It was such a quite morning and I was somehow feeling so blessed to have it with Andrew. He let out small hum or a weird voice that I barely understand, but at least I knew that the baby stayed with me. I talked to him about how much I felt so happy to see him, to have him with our family; I said a lot about his mother and his siblings. And most importantly, I talked about him.

“Daddy never really knows what it means to love someone, until I met your mother, your brother and sister, and you, Andrew. I love you all so much, I don’t think I can live a day without any of you...” I told him as I kissed the top of his head, the baby stayed idle, just looking at me with his round eyes.

“Don’t ever leave me, okay?” I told him again and laughed to my own words. I was talking to a calm baby and asking him to not leaving me.

My child had been the most important thing in my life, it’s like they’re my life focus. I didn’t want to be a failed father, I wanted to be there for them, to be able to know their need, and in the same time, to shower them with the love I missed from my father. I believe my wife would be the best mother for these three kids, and along with her, I planned to have a long happy life with our precious little rascals.

“DADDY!”

A loud voice of Alex and Jaz caught my attention, leaving me a bit surprised to see them awakened this early. The twins came up to me, hugging my legs as they arrived.

“I win!”

“No I win!”

“I hugged it first!”

“No, I did it first!”

As usual, the twins fighting over who’s the first. Really, they always amused me with their loud voices, small fights, but in the end, make up to each other. Alex and Jaz was never really fight with each other and that made me feel at ease along with Jinah. We didn’t want them to have a fight of course.

“Kids, don’t you think your loud voice will bother your little brother?” I told them as I appointed Andrew who’s just giggling when I called him. The twins looked at each other and then shook their head.

“I don’t want Andrew to cry”

“Me too”

“And why you don’t want to make him cry?” I asked as I kneeled, being on their eye level. The twins looked at the baby on my arms, smiling widely as they saw each other.

“Because he’s our sibling and siblings don’t fight with each other” said the twins together. They giggled when they spoke together, making me and Andrew smiled as well.

“Good, that’s what family for, to be happy and understanding with each other. Okay?” The twins nodded and then started to play with Andrew who could only move his head and hands.

“Honey, breakfast!” Jinah’s voice was heard from the back door and I nodded, waving at her as I told the twins to walk with me, heading back to home.

It wasn’t like our usual morning when I woke up to my wife, feeling a little dizzy while she’s leaving me to take care of the children. It’s another morning when I spent it with kids, having fun with them and came home to see her, the turning point where my life started and where it would end.

I’m looking forward for tomorrow, to the days our child grew up, when later on they go for school and in the end, be less for us the parents and more for their friends and lovers. I knew it would happen someday; I’m prepared for that and told my beloved wife to be prepared as well. But before all those things happened, I’d prefer to cherish the moment of having them along with me and my wife, to create the memories of our family that would last forever.

I never knew that in my life, I would be capable to love this much.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Who miss the Wu? I would have a hard time to leave them...