Wish

Perfect Timing

 

"Wish"

 

 

“You know what? You married very well, Darling”

Sora, doing her first visit to my newlywed house, gave a comment as she enjoyed her orange juice placed on my vanity table. She had just back from her trip to Tokyo along with Yoochun oppa. As they prepared their wedding that would be held in the next four weeks, they got stress out. And being a loving fiancé, Yoochun oppa asked Sora for a quick vacation. What a sweet couple they are…

And as I’m adjusting to this new house, I need help from her to arrange my walking closet. I knew that Kris asked his personal assistant, Chen, to do everything for my wardrobe, but please, it’s a female stuff so I refused whatever help offered by Chen and asked Sora instead. She complained though, telling me that I should’ve just said yes, but then again, she still came though. Well, it wasn’t like she’s doing any help with me, it’s more like she came for the home tour and teased me the past hours ever since her arrival in this house. Basically, I just need her here to support me, morally.

Being married to Kris Wu surely changed my life. First, I’m known as Mrs. Wu, the wife of Wu Global Company’s one and only heir; second, I’m soon to bring the third generation of the Wu, and for that, I’ve been under the watch of the media, from business to showbiz. I’m not allergic to the media; I’ve been born and rose along with them during the development of my career, so if they wanted to interview me about my career or my personal life, it’s ok as long as it’s not crossing the boundaries. But when Kris stepped into my life, I started to be a part of his life too and somehow, it increased public’s curiosity about me, about him, about us. We’re being the media’s hot target recently. Coverage about our marriage publicized officially in some magazines, but there were a lot of digital articles with no base also who wanted to participated in the publication, so it’s kind of blur out there about the truth of our life, which of course, would not be revealed to the public.

“I knew from the very first that you should have been married to him. He didn’t fail my expectation” Sora said again as she playfully checked on my dresses and tops that’s hung or folded on the cupboard. “He fulfilled his words to your father, Jinah. To take care of you and made you happy… Wow, I didn’t know he’s that serious about you”

“He’s not, Sora. Don’t forget about the real reason why we married each other” I reminded Sora, scrolling my eyes. I joined her to check on the cupboard, I’m in the middle of checking on the tops and dresses that still can be used during my pregnancy and which clothes would be taken back to the storage room until I delivered the baby and went back to my usual size. It’s getting bigger here, my stomach.

“I know, I won’t forget. It’s just; I didn’t know that he did it to the extent of really taking care of you. He’s not just doing it mindlessly; I could tell he has a good intention for you and your baby... Ok, don’t give me that kind of glare. I’m just saying my opinion…” Sora said, as she appointed me. She deserved that glare; she couldn’t stop talking and praising Kris ever since she saw me this morning. It’s good that Kris actually went for golf when she arrived here; I bet she could being glued to Kris all day to just tell him how perfect he is and how she adored him. Oh Sora…

“Are you done choosing the clothes? It felt like I’ve been a year here, waiting for you to pick the clothes…” she said again.

I shrugged my shoulder, sitting on the couch as I looked at the pile of clothes I have. There’re lots of clothes, and I still think that I have no clothes. Woman.

“I don’t know, I’m not sure… What if I’m getting bigger and bigger and no clothes could fit me? And this tops…” I put it to the air to show her, a flowery tops with long sleeve and perfect soft fabric, oh, it’s one of my treasure when I shopped back in Milan. “I love it too much…”

Sora let out her laughed and came to me, giving me a comforting hug. I looked at her, what’s so funny about it? I’m going to be blown like a balloon, maybe that idea made her feeling funny.

“You are going to get bigger, of course, but isn’t it worth for the baby? Think about the baby; think about how precious it’d be to have your baby grown healthy…” Sora softly caressed my hair.

“Yeah, but I don’t think Valentino or Saab has the size of balloon to fit me…”

“You freak. Please stop thinking about those brands, you silly!” Sora played with my cheek and casually stretched it, making me yelled in protest to her. To be honest, I love to have her here. She helped me feeling at ease, at least. My mother did it too though, but with Sora, she knew what to say to make me feeling better and her accompany was more than enough.

“You know, my stomach made me looked like I’ve been hiding a fat” I said as I rubbed on my stomach.

“You’re hiding a baby. You’re still looking pretty, Jinah… Anyway, have you checked yourself to the doctor? Heard that you’re having a stomach cramp during the honeymoon?”

“I slept in a wrong position, so I’m having cramps. I’ll visit the doctor this afternoon, according to my checkup schedule” I answered as I looked at myself on the mirror. My belly looked so weird. It’s not flat, but not that bumpy, but clearly, I appeared pregnant.

“It’s good then. Oh, I just remembered that several reporters interviewed me after your wedding. Are you going to do modelling again?” Sora said as she casually tried several of my bags. Oh yeah, bags. I need more space to put all of my bags.

 “Yes, I’ve been done some photo-shoots and some interviews also.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s the things that I love to do, Sora. Oh please, don’t act like you don’t know me…”

“I know you have a brilliant achievement during your career. You’re perfect and people love you for the things you do, plus, you’re not a scandalous celebrity, people love you more for that. But remember that you’re pregnant, I know your schedule always crazy and they didn’t even take a proper time to do a photo-shoot. Remember your photo-shoot in Brazil? Man, you’re on the top of a building wearing minimum amount of fabric in your body at 2 in the morning…”

I let out a small laugh. Surely, I remembered it. I have tons of similar experiences like that, but maybe since I love my work, I never felt the hardship of it. It’s just, I enjoyed my profession and I granted with excellent result. And nothing felt better than doing the job you love.

“I don’t want anything happened to the baby inside you, Jinah…I care for you, you know?”

“I know, Sora, I know and I thanked you for that. You’re indeed my best friend!” I said as I squished myself to hug her and both of us let out a laugh as we hugged each other. Of course I felt so thankful towards her. She’s one of the reasons why I could stay strong with this pregnancy and I would never forget everything she had done for me. If she’s not there during the time I knew my pregnancy, maybe I’ve done something stupid with the baby inside me.

“Besides, Kris joined the photo-shoot yesterday…” I added. I didn’t know why, but I thought that Sora should know about this. She raised her eyebrows in curiosity, so Sora like.

“Really? Is it a couple photo-shoot?”

“Not really. I’m on the cover for Her’s next month and he just appeared suddenly on the studio, so the editor saw it and she wanted him to appear there also. Not as the cover, but for some of my photo-shoot…”

“He’s handsome though…” Sora said again as she playfully smiling towards me.

“And you’ve been said it zillion times…”

“And I won’t stop, because your husband is a on legs”

“Sora!”

“Hahaha, sorry Darling… But it’s true; he’s hot, from top to toe. You just need time to realize that he’s not that bad…” Sora said as she pulled my shoulder closer to her when we walked to the living room.

“I never said he’s bad” I defended myself.

“Yes, but didn’t you remember your first few days after meeting him when you knew that you’re pregnant? You hate him, but I don’t think you still hate him now. He’s been doing a good deed as a faithful husband and son-in-law”

I looked at her curiously. What was her words mean?

“Your mom, she called me and told me that she’s happy you met Kris and even though you started with a pregnancy, she still felt that Kris was indeed sent for you…” Sora said in defeat.

Oh, mother… I felt a little guilty for not able to tell her the truth about me and Kris, but if this lie made her thought that I’m happy, then be it… I was so busy with my life and my baby that I forgot to think what to tell my parents later on, when the baby born and I have to be separated from Kris…

“Be happy, Jinah. You deserve it…” she softly caressed my cheek.

“I will, Sora” I said, weakly smiled to her.

I didn’t know why, but I felt like hugging her so I went to hug her when she hugged me back. We stayed like that for a while. Sometimes, when I couldn’t tell her what I feel, hugging her like this would be sufficient for her to understand whether I’m feeling happy, sad, or anxious. I love her so much for being with me all these years…

The ring on Sora’s phone broke the silence between me and her. She took the call and had a conversation with Yoochun oppa. It seemed she’s going to leave my house soon; she’s taking her bag and getting ready.

“Jinah, sorry, I have to leave for my future mother in law… She’s coming here, so I’ll pick her up in the airport along with Yoochun oppa” she said as she kissed my cheek and walked to the gate of our house.

“Take care okay?” I replied as I walked her to the door.

“Yes, I will”

“Tell Yoochun oppa I’m saying hi” I added. Sora nodded in understanding.

We’re just saying bye when Kris appeared with his golf bag on the door. He looked tired, but still managing to smile warmly to Sora who greeted him.

“You’re going out?” he asked her.

“Yes, gotta go. Anyway, Jinah, don’t forget your check up schedule, ok?”

And just by that, she left for her car. She’s in hurry; I thought she got called by the hospital. Her mother in law seemed to be more urgent than any of her patients; I smiled to my own thought.

“Anything funny?” Kris asked me, he caught me smiling to myself as I watched Sora’s car leaving the garage.

“No, nothing. Just my thought… Done with your golf?” I asked him back as we walked back inside the house.

He nodded casually as he walked to the kitchen, taking fresh water and quickly gulped it. “You okay?”

I nodded mindlessly. I have nothing to worry about, I guess…

“Kyungsoo sent us food, for lunch. He thought that since you said you wanted to eat his food but not having time to visit his restaurant, he sent the food right to you”

“Really?” my eyes widened at the thought of having the food made by Kyungsoo. Suddenly I felt like missing him, even though we’ve just met few times, he left a good impression on me. I made a mental note to visit his restaurant later on.

“I’ll go for a wash before having lunch. Tell me if you need anything, ok?”

And by that, he left upstairs for his room. He’s always telling me to inform him whenever I need anything, like I always need anything. Kris was not that bad though but remembering Sora words, my mom’s comment about him, and his action last night when he softly caressed my stomach… I felt a little guilty towards him. Why I felt like I’ve been using him for my own good? I mean, despite our deal, why it seemed like he’s the one who worked on this fake relationship?

My phone’s ring distracted my wandering thought. I should stop thinking about him and this relationship. Oh, I forgot to tell him that Home & Décor wanted to interview us about our home. I don’t know from where the media got the information about our house. Oh well, I would be glad if he refused to grant the interview…

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You’re going to what?” she asked me with a confusion showed all over her face when she heard what I’ve said to her.

“Accompany you to the hospital, of course” I answered calmly as I folded back the newspaper I’ve read and placed it back to the table. I sipped my water while she still having her lunch. She utterly looked lost.

“From where did you know that I have to go to the hospital?” she asked me, still looking surprise.

“Sora mentioned it earlier when she talked to you right? I thought I should be coming with you also, since I never really know your exact condition during your pregnancy and-“

“I don’t think you have to do it to that extent, Kris…” she cut my words.

I shook my head. “It’s not the part of being a husband; it’s a part of being a father, if that’s what you’re worrying about” I told her. “Are you done? I think it’d be better to go earlier to the hospital?”

She rolled her eyes and enjoyed her lunch again. “Don’t get too excited” she said calmly as she gulped the milk and ate some more sandwiches. She really could eat anything, gosh… but anything for my baby.

It wasn’t a sudden wish of me to accompany her to check her condition to the doctor. Honestly, I didn’t know her condition and what Chen said to me the day before made me realized that for a father to be, I’m totally clueless with everything. I know I’m not going to be a full parent along with her, but later on, when my baby came for me, I want to be able to be a good father for him or her.

Accompany her to the hospital so you could get knowledge about your baby condition, Hyung. Learn something at least, like, when’s her due date, what things you should put attention to, like things she should not eat or good nutrition she should consume for her and the baby…”  

I made a mental note on that. I have several things I need to ask to the doctor who handles her. I witnessed how hard she’s having her morning sickness, but ever since we’re coming back from Canada, she stopped having it and I could tell she felt so much better. She started to put the makeup on her face again and she has bigger will to check on the clothes she wanted to choose, like this afternoon. She looked comfortable on her lacey white dress that stopped at her knee, showing her baby bump around the stomach, covered with a big knitted grey cardigan along with silver flat. I’ve been waiting for more than forty minutes to have her on the table along with me to start our lunch.

“Kris” she called me and I checked up on her.

“The gift from our wedding reception, can we just take anything essential and donated the rest of it to social community? I don’t think we need those items though. I mean, I appreciated all the gifts the guests gave to us, but I think this house you provided for us have everything. We don’t need 5 stoves for sure and we won’t need 6 baby cribs in this house, right?”

I got surprised by her words. She wanted to donate everything? I thought I saw so many branded stuffs given for her and she didn’t want it?

“Make sure to take what you want and you can do whatever you want with the rest of it…” I said. I just said that and she simply smiling happily.

“Oh. And one more” she said again. “Home & Décor wanted to interview us”

“About the marriage life?” I raised one of my eyebrows as I looked at her.

“About our house. I mean, the decoration, each part of the house…”

“Do you want to do it?”

She looked at me but then she shook her head. “Then don’t” I resumed.

“Do you want to do it?” she asked me.

“Well, if you don’t want to do it then why would I want to do it too?”

“Ok…” she mumbled, finishing her spinach ravioli and quickly took her phone, maybe texting her manager or something.

When we’re done with everything, I took the car to drive her to the hospital. It’s weird, having someone sitting next to me while I drove the road. I’ve spent days staying together with her and even though we started to have some topics to talk about, it still felt a little strange to have her next to me from time to time, especially the first week when we started to live together.

Once we’re back to the city, so many invitations came for both of us to attend but understanding her tired state, I refused all of the events. There will be a time in the future when I have to attend an event or two with her, but not now. I visited my in law house, I also paid a visit to my mother’s house and had a dinner with her along with Jinah. Seemed like my mother quite liking her. She always showed a flat expression, but if I’m not mistaken, she kept asking Jinah about her pregnancy and I thought that it’s good she didn’t made Jinah feeling stressed out.

I started to build a habit to text her. You know, like telling her when I will go back home, letting her know my where about. The house is so big and she’s staying there only with the maids, I’m just afraid that she could feel bored, so seeing Sora came to visit her made me feeling a little better (even though I didn’t know why should I feel better for that).

When we arrived in the hospital and taking our queue number, we waited for the doctor along with other couples who wanted to do the routine checkup also. I’ve tried to convince her to use our family doctor, Kim Minseok, but she refused, so I couldn’t say anything but following her wish.

Seemed that several women in the waiting room recognized me and Jinah, they kept looking at us so Jinah has to put her attention for other things. I noticed several of the women came accompanied by their husbands or relatives. I couldn’t imagine what she would do if she came alone here… I glanced at her; she’s taking the pregnancy book and placed it on her lap, getting ready to read.

I examined the surrounding, women with round belly appeared on the alley and seemed that all of them having a hard time to walk or to breath. I scanned her stomach, it’s almost popping out, the bump she’s having. And I couldn’t imagine if her stomach getting bigger as those women…

“Don’t look at me like that” she groaned, feeling irritated. I didn’t know why, but I just let out a smile. This is one of the things I’ve fond of during my stay with Jinah, the teasing part. Man, she’s so easy to tease and the way she responded my tease was so….lame. She never talked back that much, it’s more like she pouted or got silent, since she didn’t know what to say to me.

“You’ll be looking like those women in few weeks…” I said casually, making her glared at me.

“Thank you for making it clear for me that later on I’ll be blown up like a balloon” she said, ignoring my half laugh. She continued to check on her book while I looked around.

I could feel the motherhood and parenting feeling here. Several of the man here already had their first kid, be it a boy or a girl, they could handle it well. And that made me think; will I be able to be a good father? Can I do it for the tiny thing inside Jinah’s womb? What would it feel to be a father? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Something hit my knee and when I looked up, a little boy had his plastic weapon threw on my knee. He looked confused and a little scared with me, but then after thinking for a while he walked up on me and stood in front of me, saying nothing. Jinah also had her attention to the little boy, seemed he’s around 2 or 3 years old. She glanced at me but then she smiled to the boy, maybe she’s feeling happy someone hit me, because she couldn’t do that.

“Eung…” the little boy appointed to the weapon on my lap. I smiled to him and waved the toy in front of him.

“Do you want this?” I asked him. The little boy looked at me, seemed he didn’t understand what I’ve been saying, so I offered the toy but right when the boy wanted to take it, I took it back and sneakily smiled to him.

“Eung…” he said as he tried to take his toy, but I put it higher and waved it in front of him. He’s helpless and looked at me with an annoyed glance.

“Stop playing with him, give his toy back or else, he’ll cry and you’ll have to be responsible to make him calm” Jinah said as she tugged on my shirt. I didn’t know why, but playing with this kid almost as fun as playing with her; both of them have similarity: easy to tease. Man…

The kid suddenly ran to me and managed to get on my lap. I was a little surprised but then I laughed when he managed to surprise me and stole his toy. I let out a laugh while he played with his toy, still on my lap.

“I thought he hates you” she commented as she took the boy hand, and to both of us surprise, the boy took her hand and grabbed it softly as he played with his toy. “Do you like me?” she asked him, smiling to the boy. He grinned cutely and then suddenly, laying his back to my chest, still playing.

“You like him also?” Jinah asked the boy, he didn’t say anything, just playing with his toy. The boy giggled as he took the toy, he’s about to put it to his mouth when a warm voice called his name.   

“Junsu…” his mom appeared across the room and made an apologetic nod to me and Jinah.

“I’m sorry, he’s been really active these past weeks. Did he bother you?” the lady smiled to both of us while she took Junsu from my lap, having him on her arms. Seemed like the woman is pregnant too, with the baby bump appeared around her stomach. To see her being that pregnant and having a toddler to take care of, I really respected a woman job to bear a child.

“No, it’s fine. He just wanted to play” I replied to her.

“Oh, you’re Mr. Wu from Wu Global Company, right? My husband worked in your financing company, so I slightly know about you” she noticed. I just nodded and gave her a smile, Jinah looked at me and the woman. The woman smiled happily as she also looked to Jinah. “And you’re the gorgeous wife of him…Mrs. Wu; I’ve always been a fan of you! I love your monthly fashion choice on The Lady magazine. You helped me a lot to choose my daily wear” she happily said to Jinah.

“Thank you. I thought I did a failure on that article? You know, I’m just being a guest there…” she replied, being a little shy about it.

“So happy to hear that you’re expecting a baby also. How many weeks is it already?”

“It’s my 15th week…” Jinah answered as she rubbed her stomach.

“Good luck with your pregnancy. I think the baby will be as gorgeous as the two of you. Mr. Wu, I think you’re going to be a good father” the woman said again. The baby boy somehow looked at me and when his mother told him to say goodbye to me, he managed to smile and waved to both of us. What a cute kid…

“And she didn’t think that I will be a good mother?” I heard Jinah commented as she flipped her page when the woman walked away already. I let out a chuckle, is she being jealous over me?

“Mrs. Jinah Wu”

Both of us looked up to the nurse that’s calling her name, it’s the cue for us to go to the doctor’s room. This is the first time I went to an obs/gyn. Just like other doctor’s room, the room dominated with white color and from the posters that were hanging on the wall, I could tell that this is indeed an obs/gyn room. The doctor was smiling to both of us and let us sits on the chairs.

“Hello, Miss Im… or Mrs. Wu now. Your new name surely sounds beautiful” she said as she smiled to Jinah and earned a glance from Jinah. “Mr. Wu, I’m Min Eunji, her doctor. I think this is the first time I meet you?”

I nodded as I shook hand with the doctor. “Well, yeah. This is my first visit, but I’ll make sure I’ll always see you whenever she needs to do the checkup”

The doctor only smiled to the both of us and started her examination on Jinah with several questions.

“Did you sleep well?” she asked Jinah as she took Jinah’s wrist and checked her pulse.  

“I slept well last night, but not every night. I used to have a tortured morning, with all the morning sick, but as for now, I never had it again...”

“Ok. Do you feel well or hurt somewhere? Is there any body part that’s aching?”

She shook her head. “It’s fine, even though sometimes I felt a slight of back pain”

“There’s a simple massage movement I can teach your husband to ease your back pain” the doctor said as she wrote the note. I glanced at Jinah, she looked surprised also. I had something to do with touching her surely need further communication between us. I need permission to touch her stomach last night, so any future skin to skin interaction would need permission also.

“Ok, let’s see the baby…” the doctor said as we went to the examination bed.

Since Jinah wore a dress, her lower body part being covered with blanket as the doctor pulled up the dress up to her stomach. This is the first time I saw the skin under her clothes ever since that night. The baby bump appeared clearer from here. Her white skin stretched around the stomach, forming a round bump, it’s not flat anymore. The two of us set our eyes to the monitor once the doctor applied the gel on her stomach and started to scan her stomach.

“Say hello to mommy and daddy, Baby…” the doctor smoothly ran the scanner around Jinah’s stomach and there, I saw it.

A slight of a tiny form inside Jinah’s stomach greeted us. I left speechless as I witnessed that there’s indeed something inside her. When I was in Vancouver, when she’s badly sick, they didn’t do any examination like this so for me, this was totally a new experience. I noticed that Jinah didn’t look that surprise anymore when she saw the baby there. She smiled to the screen, I wonder if her first time checking on this baby similar to mine.

“Mom and Dad, your baby is now 5 inches long. During this time, they started to develop the eyes and ears. Okay, let me take you to another tour of your baby…” the doctor said something as she softly touched Jinah’s stomach and said “Wake up, Baby…”

I exchanged look between the doctor and the screen. Would there be something? I mean, did the baby even listen to what the doctor said? Did baby understand what their parent said outside? Was the baby able to hear? Wasn’t the doctor said that their ears were still-

“Oh, look at the baby. Do you see what I see? It its thumb…” the doctor said, smiled happily to me and Jinah.

“It’s so cute…” Jinah mumbled with her eyes fixed on the screen.

Yeah it’s so cute. I’m going to be father of this little thing, the thing that I previously doubted its presence, but now that I see it… I believe on it and I felt so ecstatic upon this little thing.

“Are you still sleeping on your back?”

Jinah nodded. “Please try to stop sleeping like that, it could decrease blood circulation to your heart and if you’re not being careful, you could feel the cramped you previously had. Your stomach will be getting harder, so I’m suggesting you to be careful. Oh and one more thing…”

The doctor inserted some equipment inside Jinah’s body and there, I heard it for the first time. “Do you hear that?” the doctor said.

I felt nervous and shivered. It’s the baby’s heartbeat and we could hear it clearly. The beat was so fast, making me surprised along with Jinah.

“Is it normal for it to beat that fast?” she asked, exchanged her glance from the screen to the doctor.

“It’s fine, it’s normal. Your baby appeared healthy and all good. Congratulations, Mom and Dad” the doctor happily chirped. I checked on the screen again. I’m glad that this baby is okay… The heartbeat. It’s a sign of life and how amazing was that thing inside her appeared so lively.

“Can we schedule a meeting, Mrs. Wu? We’re going to do some screening for Down syndrome test, just to avoid any possibility that your baby having it”

Jinah then discussed with the doctor with the upcoming schedule. I made a mental note; I supposed I have to join as well. When we’re done with the routine, we sat back on the chair and discussed further about parenting class and several trainings we could attend in order to be a good parent. Well, I’ll discuss with Jinah again about this matter. I thought we’re just going to have a baby, I never thought that it would be a serious business like this. There’s a new life that’s going to come to us, and I thought that we should be prepared (even though I felt that I will never be prepared to face it).

“Mr. Wu, your wife would sometimes having a back pain so when she’s having it, I’m suggesting you to massage her. It won’t be hard, you just can press and softly massage around her back or her feet, just to make her feeling relax” the doctor said as she wrote something on her journal.

“Erm… Is there any position required to do that massage?” I asked the doctor.

“Lying on her back side is good for her and you can do the massage on that position. Be careful not to press it too hard and don’t make her lying on her stomach. 5-10 minutes is enough to ease her back…” the doctor said as she smiled to Jinah and me.

“Oh and for your ual activity” the doctor suddenly added, making me and Jinah looked at each other but then….shyly looked away, since it’s somehow sounded a little embarrassing.

“There would be a time when you, Mrs. Wu, felt like you want to have it along with your husband. It’s normal, for a pregnant woman to have that kind of crave. But I’m suggesting the dad to do it slowly and softly. Especially later on during her 28th to 30th weeks, if you feel like having some visit to the mom, Mr. Wu, please do it carefully because if you’re doing it too hard on her, there’d be a possibility of premature delivery”

I felt a little embarrassed and I guessed Jinah felt the same way too, judging from her pink blushing on her cheek. She fixed her hair several times, showing her nervous state, I didn’t miss to see it but I pretended to not see it.

“I’ll make sure none of that happened” she said to the doctor calmly. I let out a chuckle upon hearing her words. Well yes, I sometimes remembered the night I’ve spent with her. Good God, she has a nice body and those pair of legs, I remembered it well how it tasted towards my lips. But that night was impulsive and I do think that there’s no way we’re going to do it again. Oh come on. Kris, how could you remember about that night during this kind of situation?

“Ok, Mrs. Wu. Let’s see each other for the test and see you the next 4 weeks?”

We left the examination room and went to take her medicines. As I waited for the medicines, Jinah was sitting on the chair and softly caressed her stomach. She probably still remembered the scan process earlier. It was so good to see the baby doing well through the pregnancy and to know that it’s developed its body well, I felt so relieved. I’m glad that there’s nothing wrong with her and the baby, as I recalled what happened in Vancouver or when she suddenly fainting before the wedding day. I looked at her again, seemed like Jinah talked with baby in her stomach. She softly rubbed it and smiled upon it, and I unconsciously smiled towards the view. Please be well you two…

“Mrs. Wu”

I heard the name being called and I stood up as Jinah looked at me. I motioned her to wait and sit there. I didn’t know why, but I felt proud and happy to fulfil this task on helping her during her pregnancy. Maybe this was what they called the proud feeling of being a father. And contrary to my expectation, I’m happy to be one.

“Coming”  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Mom, why did you make so much bulgogi?” I asked my mother who was busy cooking in the kitchen preparing a dinner for our family.

“Your father and your husband apparently loved it a lot, Honey” my mother replied, preparing the salad. “Do you still eat the salad for your meals?”

“The fruit one” I said, munching on the strawberries on my lap.

When we’re done checking my health at the hospital, I went straight to my parents’ house along with Kris. He brought several fruits and cake for my parents and my mom seemed so happy to see him. My dad didn’t go out so when Kris and I came, we helped the parents to prepare the food. Apparently Kris went out with my father to buy some ice cream while my mom and I prepared the dinner.

“Did you get the soup yesterday?” my mom checked up on me as she looked at me, checking on my face.

“Yes, I got it. I texted you, right? Mom, is it that necessary for you to ask Kris to send it to me?”

“Why? What’s wrong with that? He didn’t want me to order him around?” my mom sounded so worried.

I shook my head. “No, it’s just… Just call my driver and he’ll pick it up for you”

“It happened that he’s here so since he’s about to see you, I just gave it to Kris… Anyway, didn’t you cook him something? Why he always like a hungry baby boy when he’s eating here? Didn’t I teach you to cook for your husband?”

“What to cook, Mom? You know exactly I can’t cook. And if I’m able, it’d be only salad. The maid in our house cooks better than me…” I replied, shrugging as I munched the strawberries again.

“That’s why I told you to just quit your modelling activities for a while and learn to cook, while you’re being pregnant…” my mom said, pinching on my cheek before she continued to prepare the food.

Bulgogi, fried crispy chicken, salad, kimchi jjigae, and whatever meals my mom could cook were presented on the table. It’s like we’re having a feast while there were only four persons in this house.

“It seems like your father started to fall for your husband…” my mom said as I helped her filled the glass with water.

“Hmm? Why?”

“We’re going to have a family gathering and your father asked Kris to join. I bet you haven’t heard it from us and from him, right? He called Kris earlier today and informed about the event and as you may see now, those two are enjoying some bonding time…” my mom said as she looked outside.

It’s almost dark but my father and Kris seemed enjoying passing some balls and dribbling it to the ring. My dad loves sport; I didn’t know about Kris but looking from his built, seemed he enjoyed sport also. So seeing these two playing basketball together, I somehow felt thankful to Kris. I never thought he would do this kind of things, treating my family like his own family.

I was afraid that my dad wouldn’t treat him good though. I’ve been in a cold war with my dad before the wedding, but once he married me to Kris, we had a talk and he promised that all he wanted was my happiness so if by marrying Kris and having this baby made me feeling happy, then my father would just follow my wish. But to see him treating Kris well; talking to him and even doing a sport activity together, I felt blessed that in the end my parents could accept me and Kris along with the baby.

“Dad, Kris, it’s time for dinner” I called them from the terrace, while they’re having a short game at the garage

“Coming!” my dad smiled to me and stopped dribbling the ball. He patted Kris’ shoulders and walked alongside him to the house. My dad seemed to talk about something fun about basketball game and Kris replied in such an excited expression also, they kept talking even when they went inside house.

When my dad and Kris done showered due to the excessive amount of sweat they produced during the game, we all finally sat together to have the dinner. We kept talking during the meals; about my pregnancy, about Kris’ job, about the family gathering that we’re going to have along with the families from my father and mother’s side, everything. And Kris couldn’t stop saying good things about my mom’s cook and even praised her well.

I looked at my parents’ face, I looked at the guy next to me who kept helping me to take the food and asking me if I need something, and I looked at the reflection of us on the mirror. The four of us indeed looked like a great and happy family.

And this was just as perfect as my imagination about my future family that I always dreamed about.

It’s not a sin to hope that this would last forever, is it?  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 17 is here.

Because chapter 16 was so prettily happy why don’t we continue on chapter 17? More development of this story will be started on chapter 18. And I hope you guys enjoyed it as I enjoy writing it for all of you. Share me your thought on this story and maybe upvote it if you kind of like it? Thanks!

xoxo