Begin Again

Perfect Timing

"Begin Again"

 

 

I looked up to the huge sign displayed in front of the hotel. The giant W Hotel icon was always is the thing I remembered forever. I’ve seen it maybe since I’m still on my mother’s womb. My father had built his dream years ago and having his legacy inherited to me was something I considered as honor. My parents were Chinese descendant, we’re a foreigner in the land of South Korea but the way my father targeted the market here and developed a very luxurious brand that appeared as competitors to other high class hotels originally coming from the country always made me feeling proud to be his son.

My father always told me this one thing, “Always stay with the good vibe, so the good vibe always comes to you”. I didn’t understand it at first, but when I grew up I started to get what he’s trying to say to me. To stay with a good vibe means to let myself surrounded with people who has positive or good company for me and eliminate those with negative impact. And growing up with people who developed the best of me really helped me a lot to catch up with whatever I need to learn in order to be in my recent position. I never hate to be my father’s son, I also not hating the fate of being his inheritor, but sometimes people around me forgot the fact that I’m a kid as well, I’m still my parent’s boy who need attention and care, instead of endless business knowledge. And although my mother tried her best to not let me got stress due to the amount of stuff I should learn ever since I stepped in junior high, living all alone in foreign country to study something that people learn in university really made me felt depressed sometimes. But every time I felt down, I remembered how hard my father worked to achieve this dream of him. And that’s exactly what motivated me to face the final hearing.

The final presentation from both sides had taken place this morning and I could say that I overshadowed my other opponent. I’m pretty sure that only people who didn’t want me to be the leader that would vote the other opponent. But for now, I didn’t really want to think about it. I’ve just finished the most tiring presentation ever. The thought of my father remained in my head as I told them what I planned to keep this company well, to hold on the name of W Hotel, and to convince them that being an heir didn’t mean an instant success. I climbed to this position as well.

Walking back to the hotel, I avoided the reporters who were waiting at the gate by taking the underground elevator. Chen accompanied me earlier at the coffee shop where I sipped my favorite green tea latte as I’m taking my meeting break. After the recess, we’re going to get inside the meeting room again and hearing the result of the vote announced. To tell that I’m pretty nervous for this vote would be understatement, I’m so nervous to the point I felt my hands went cold. But I ignored it; I’m in the stage where all I could do was waiting and let everything decided. And I need my woman to stay with me.

I haven’t called her since this morning as I arrived in the office, knowing that she’s having her meeting as well today. I believed she’s going to appear here to accompany me, but I haven’t heard from her yet and that slightly made me a bit worried. It’s twenty minutes to the result announcement; I really wish she could be here as soon as possible. I was about to call her when my mother walked to my direction.

“Let’s get in. The announcement is about to start” she said, holding on my arm. I nodded at her and slipped my phone back to my pants pocket. Before the door closed, I looked back once again to make sure that Jinah at least already arrived there.

She’s nowhere to be seen. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I couldn’t hide the disappointment I had as I held on several tabloids and magazines all mentioning about my daughter in law filed a divorce towards my one and only son. It’s an everyday issue for people nowadays, but since she was somehow a popular supermodel in the country and my son was a known businessman, the rumor went wilder as days went by. I thought it was some kind of stupid rumor that’s started ever since my daughter in law was revealed to be the ex-girlfriend of our company’s partner in developing the resort in Jeju Island. As crazy as it sounded, it was the reality and I really couldn’t believe how these kids thinking. My son worked with his wife’s ex and all of them were somehow seemed to be comfortable to be around each other. To know such thing was exist really made me mad, but to learn that the divorce was indeed true, I really couldn’t hold my anger anymore.

I already talked with Kris and judging from his facial expression, none of the things reported on the media were lies. From the very start, I knew these two were not serious about having a marriage for real. All I had in my mind the day I gave them blessing to get married was that our family would finally have a successor; I just wanted a security for Kris and for the future baby of our clan. About Jinah, I knew her profile was quite compatible for Kris, but to be very honest, I never really thought to keep her as my real daughter in law.

I still remembered the night Kris announced publicly that he’s expecting a baby with his model girlfriend; it was one of the worst day ever in my life. I couldn’t believe my son betrayed me right in front of my eyes. I scolded him that night but all he did was only stayed still and he asked me to understand, to give him a time, and he knew exactly I didn’t like to wait. So I called Jinah with the supervision of my personal assistant and the guards; seeing her face to face was a really eye opening situation. She’s not just any typical of the model girls. Im Jinah definitely has her own stand and for some reasons, I felt that we’re a long lost enemy. She has this aura that she’s not someone easy to play with and she totally showed me that she couldn’t be dictated, she’s truly a great match towards me.

In the end, although we still stiff towards each other, I got along pretty well with her. She’s a sweetheart in the eyes of those women in the social event, she’s adorable and a lot of people appraised her. I started to like her, for she’s not only the mother of my future grandchild but also the woman who made my son turned into a man. I was always Kris’ number one in everything, but for Jinah, everything could be put aside. For Kris, the marriage he had with Jinah really developed his maturity. I knew he’s not a boy anymore, but with Jinah, he seemed to be more developed and all about growing up in order to protect his little family. I just knew that these two weren’t a fake anymore when they appeared so clingy towards each other without them realized it. And there, I truly gave them my blessing to continue the marriage to be the real one. But that wasn’t last long; the divorce was my final call, I really couldn’t hold on it anymore.

The lawsuit already proceeds in the court and from what I heard from our legal team, it was on the stage where Kris and Jinah should start to see each other and reconcile, but Jinah never attended the meeting. It seemed that she insisted to leave Kris, and if what the news had was true, she’s indeed planned to get back with her ex-boyfriend, Kim Woobin. And I was snapped there, she was really a time bomb we’re planted in our home. Without any other reason aside from ‘feeling not compatible with Kris and that the marriage was a fake’, she said nothing about this divorce. I knew Kris wouldn’t let me meeting her, but I really have to talk with her to ask about the truth behind all of this.

To say that I was kidnapping her would be a little too much, but I admitted that I used a little force to bring her inside the limo and followed me to my place. It wasn’t the first time she’s here, sitting on my working room while I looked at her with a lot of thoughts in mind. Every time we’re meeting here, it must have been because a problem and most of the time, it’s because of her. Somehow, I thought it was a routine, but I really didn’t want to keep scolding her as a habit.

“I don’t want to ask you any question, just spill the truth” I told her coldly, breaking the silence.

Jinah was still sitting with her face looked down. I wasn’t surprise at all to see her face showed a very fatigue expression when I saw her for the first time after the divorce issue, she’s not much different with Kris and I really wondered, what’s with these two.

“I want a divorce” she started, hesitantly looked at her.

“Because?”

She took a deep breath and released it softly. “This is not right. We’re not even having a feeling for each other. Why we should keep this marriage if we don’t want to stay together anymore?”

“What happened with those things that happened in Guangzhou?”

“It’s just a short fling. I was pregnant that time and the thought of staying with him was actually more because I felt like my pregnant condition wanted to linger on with him. But after everything that happened, I realized that I didn’t have any feeling towards him” she continued to explain with a stoic face, the usual face she had when we’re arguing.

“Don’t talk crap here. Tell me the truth. Was it because of Kim Woobin?”

She glanced at me with annoyed look. “I don’t love Kris” she said. “What we had was just a fling and he probably mistaken our togetherness as a real thing, so things was messed up. But I know my stance and clearly, we’re not in love and to continue this marriage would only hurt both of us so no, I don’t want to continue this anymore” she shook her head, looking to the ground again.

I didn’t believe it; my feelings told me that there must have been something behind. It’s either another guy or another reason, and I really have to find the reason.

“Can’t you lie with a better reason?”

She stayed silent, didn’t want to say anything. I thought that I hit the right spot; she remained silent for a while, probably thinking to spill the truth to me or to cover it with another lie. I only planned to be the winner of this discussion; I wouldn’t let her leaving this room without the truth.

“Stop telling me that you don’t love Kris. I know you do; I know you two are in love. What’s the real problem here?”

Again, Jinah kept her lips tight.

“Was Kris has bad behavior you can’t stand? Was he hurting you somewhere? What’s with the real reason of this divorce?” I told her, pushing her to the edge. “Because if you told me that you don’t love him, Jinah, I couldn’t and wouldn’t buy it. You obviously love him”

Again, I hit the right spot. Jinah let out a deep sigh and I heard a soft sniff, which means only one thing: she’s crying. I’m still a mother of a son, I’m still a woman, and to see her breaking down in front of me was somehow made me feeling like comforting her. No matter how many times we’re clashing due to opinion difference, still, she’s the woman that my son loves wholeheartedly and I started to think of her as my own daughter when she really made Kris’ life turned better and better. In the end, I left my seat and walked to the couch, sitting across her.

“Tell me the truth, Jinah” I told her, touching her knee softly. She finally looked up to me and the view was really breaking my heart. Jinah looked at me with tears in her face and she totally was not fine. She looked messed up and she kept crying as she looked at me.

“I love him, I don’t want him to go, I don’t even think that I could live without him...” she said in between tears. “But I can’t get pregnant anymore, Mother...” and after that she’s breaking down in front of me. She cried her whole heart out and it was so hard for me to accept what she said.

Jinah and Kris were in love, they fell for each other and I could sense how much they valued each other’s presence. I’m happy as well that Jinah was the one who managed to be the one that stayed with Kris no matter what. Both overcome the obstacles of staying together and found their real feeling in the middle of the fake marriage they planned, they’re practically trapped inside but I knew that it wasn’t a bad thing. But to know that she couldn’t get pregnant anymore only meant disaster.

“Jinah, look at me” I told her as I made her looked at me. She followed my words and just looking at me with a regret face. “What are you talking about? Why can’t you get pregnant again?”

And there, I finally knew the truth, the fact that she wanted to get a divorce, I finally knew the whole reason of it. Once she’s done telling me her real condition, all she did was crying and crying and couldn’t help but feeling all down.

“I don’t want him to fight for me when all I could do is blocking him from his future. I don’t want to make him suffering, Mother... Please understand that if he knew about my condition, higher chance he would choose to leave the family and I-“she stopped talking, closing her eyes as she wiped her tears.

Jinah suddenly held on my hands and kneeled down on the floor.

“What are you doing?” I asked her, puzzled with her act.

“Mother” she started, she looked at me with an unreadable expression. “I beg you not to tell the truth to Kris. I love him, I love him so much. But I know we can’t stay together with my condition. I’m not the right fir for him to continue the family line...”

“Jinah...”

“I beg you please, Mother. It would hurt at first; it would be hurt as well. But I’d rather see him in his bright future rather than asked him to stay with me no matter what. I don’t want to hurt him, Mother” she told me again. Her tears couldn’t stop, she kept crying again and again.

“Promise me you wouldn’t tell him the truth, Mother”

I knew I was being so selfish that time. I knew how much my son loves her and how she loves him back. I knew exactly about their feelings towards each other. But as much as I love Jinah as my daughter in law, I still cared about Kris’ future and without a successor; he’d be pretty much slumped by the whole family. He’s the only future our family has. There’s no other male in the family that would continue the Wu blood line and to be very honest, I thought that it was that matter now. I like Jinah, I like her very well, but I need to protect my son at the same time.

I never knew that agreed to keep this truth as secret would cost much to my family. But I knew that it was the biggest mistake I ever made.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I put away my apron and cleaned up my makeup so I could face Kris’ mother properly. I never thought that I would be seeing her like this. Kris and I had planned to meet her after the announcement today. We’re going to ask for her blessing to our relationship. I thought it would happen at least somewhere near the weekend, but maybe was too far to put.

I made two cups of tea and placed it in the middle of the table that separated me from her. I didn’t knew if I was wrong to act this way, because I played like a daughter in law again; serving his mother with a cup of tea while I was in her son’s suite was somehow made me felt a bit confused whether it’s proper or not. But I appreciated her; I didn’t want to appear impolite towards her.

It was awkward for several minutes as I prepared the tea and she hasn’t said anything other than replied my question about what drink I should serve her. I took a deep breath before taking the tea cups to the table and once it’s settled, another awkward silent appeared between us. I remembered the last time I saw her, I was crying badly that day. The day I confessed the truth to her was my breaking point.

I’ve been constantly lying to Kris about the truth behind the divorce lawsuit that I filed to the court and I was so tired to hide, so when I saw her that day, when she asked her guards to bring me to her limo and we headed to her place, I just knew that I couldn’t lie anymore. I was so tired of hiding, of running, and I was amazed that in front of the woman I argued a lot, I ended up being honest.

“I heard you’re about to go to Rome” she said, breaking the silence. I just nodded silently.

“And I heard that Kris stopped you from leaving” she continued. I hummed my answered, nodding again.

Our last meeting was ended in tears. The day I cried in front of her as I told her how much I love Kris, I would never forget it. She’s really cared for me that day and for some reasons, I felt like I lied in front of her, telling her that I left Kris for his own good but I was back with him again. Really, I didn’t mean this kind of encounter with her.

“Are you getting back together with him?”

Her question made me looked at her right away. Yes, we’re getting back together. I wanted to tell her that, but I didn’t know. Should I tell it now or wait for Kris?

“I assumed you are” she said shortly, nodding as she took her tea cup, softly sipping on it. 

“So what happened to the thing about you not wanting to block my son’s future? Are you finally able to find a way to have a baby?”

“Mrs. Wu...”

“You know more than anyone about his condition. You know how the whole family would react to this, put aside the fact that you’re back together after a huge move on the media months ago, affecting our family side as well. If they knew the truth about your condition, do you think the elder would just let this slide?”

I couldn’t say anything. I knew exactly this is the problem we’re facing. It was like these days since I got back together with Kris were like a dream, and facing his mother was a wakeup call for me. We’re back to the reality; we’re back to the root of this problem. I couldn’t be with Kris if I wasn’t able to have his child, his own flesh and blood.

“Have you made up your mind?” she asked me again.

“I know my position, Mrs. Wu. And I know-“

“You know the condition; you know the consequence of you taking this choice. Yet, you still stay with him. Contrary to what you’ve been saying to me, Miss Im” I felt my heart clenched a bit as she called me with my family name. “It seems like you don’t care anymore of my son’s future that you probably blocked”

I looked at her and shook my head quickly. “I care for him, there’s no way I’m not thinking of him”

“So how are you going to make up for it? Don’t you say that you love him?”

“I love him, always have and always will. I wouldn’t dare to go back with him if we’re not sure about this” I told her, trying to explain; but somehow, it’s so hard to tell her everything. I have no plan; I just knew that I’m in love with Kris, deeply.

“But you know, love is not enough” she commented shortly, half shrugging her shoulders.

“I know”

I took a deep breath before I let it out softly. I really need a big support to tell her right away, and with or without Kris, I’m going to tell her.

“Mrs. Wu, I love Kris. I knew you would question my love earlier when I asked for a divorce from him. I knew my condition and because I love him so much that it hurts, I preferred to leave him. Why? Because if I leave him he could stay with his family.

Why? Because I knew that we’re in love with each other that if anyone tried to separate us, it would never work because I knew exactly that none of us would listen. But I knew the situation we’re having was not favorable and if I stayed with him, high chance that he would ignore the whole family and run away with me. So I decided that he should stay, because it’s his father’s company, Kris is the only heir, and that because it’s his future. The company needs him and I knew that I shouldn’t be on the way, and that’s why I ended our relationship” I stopped to take a breath, his mother was still watching me.

“But leaving him was totally a mistake” I continued. “I thought that by letting him go would do well for me, that I would be happy when he’s happy. But I’ve been living with depression and broken heart when he’s not around; it’s so hard to face another day without seeing him. In his absence, I found the meaning of his presence in my life. But I’ve made the decision and Kris was away to Canada that time, I really didn’t dare to interfere with his life after the divorce, that’s why I did nothing. But when he stopped me at the airport, when he told me how much he loves me and the fact that my feeling for him was never changed, I just knew that I should take the risk and be with the man that I love” I said as precise as possible. Maybe this would be the only chance I had to tell her about what I felt towards Kris, this might be the last shot.

Kris’ mother only stayed silent as she kept looking at me.

“And how about Kris? How about his position as the one and only heir in the familyHave you considered that he having successor is a must?”

I gulped as I heard her questions. Unable to have a baby had been the nightmare of my life. It broke my heart as well when I knew that I might have small chance to have his baby and that’s definitely the core problem in our relationship. In the end, it’s not only about the love we wanted to keep, but the genetically aspect that should be inherited to the next generation. Why things have to be so complicated like this?

“I know that as his pair, I should be able to carry a child. I know I’m having a problem in that particular area...” I couldn’t continue what I’m about to say, I just stopped.

Kris and I clearly knew the problem we’re having but since we’re back together, we haven’t talked about it. It wasn’t like we’re avoiding this topic but I knew that this time, we’re ready to overcome this main problem. He already told me his intention to be together with me and I told him my condition very well, we’re still in the middle of planning what we’re going to do.

“Let me ask you, Miss Im” Kris’ mother suddenly said. “This time, are you being serious with him? Are you really sure about your decision to get back with him?”

“Joking around about our relationship would be the last thing I would ever do, Mrs. Wu”

She glanced at me with a serious face. I knew this might be impolite, but I couldn’t help to look at her back. I’m being serious with her son and I would take anything, anything to prove her that I’m not kidding around.

“You wouldn’t leave him no matter what?”

“I’m done living without him; I don’t want to repeat it again. Ever” I answered.

“And I know how Kris would react to this as well. He wouldn’t listen to me, no matter what. He listens to you better” she said, sighing in the end her words as she placed the tea cup.  I looked at her, trying to read what she wanted to say.

“Be my hand, be the one who helped me to take care of Kris no matter what. I may not be able to stay with him forever, but I know you would”

“Mrs. Wu...”

“Prove it to me that I’m not making a mistake by letting you back again with my son”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Kris Wu would stay as the successor for Wu Global Company and following the voting result that took place earlier this afternoon, he would have to be assigned to handle a project for a year before he’s officially announced as the CEO for Wu Global Company, replacing his mother, Helen Wu. The whole decision and condition had been discussed properly and no more doubt about this. The company would stay back to its normal condition and hold the day to day activities per usual”

Relieved.

That’s the only thing I could feel once the result of the vote announced. My mother looked like a huge burden had been lifted from her shoulder; we hugged as soon as everything was over. I wasn’t really expecting this result though, for I knew that my opponent also had a firm backup. So when it’s announced that based on the vote I was winning, it was like my pray had been heard and granted.

I talked with other board members, thanking them for their support. We’ve just passed the big obstacle, but I realized that the future held more challenge that I should face. This was just the first step; more things awaited me in the future. I’ve planned so many things and couldn’t wait to work on it.

“Hyung” Chen called me and smiled widely.

“Hey” I responded to him, smiling back.

“Congratulations to you” he said with a proud wide grin.

“Thank you. Thanks for the support as well. You’re surely a keeper” I told him, he gave me the face.

“Someone is waiting you outside” he said, appointed to the door of the board room. And as I saw his smile, I just knew who the person he’s talking about is. “She’s been there the whole time, Hyung. You better not let her waiting longer” he added, patted my shoulder firmly. I nodded at him before I walked to the door and for unknown reason, I felt nervous just as I’m about to open it.

When I stepped outside, despite the crowd that’s passing around the floor, I found her immediately. Dressed in her pink formal one piece covered with the white blazer, Jinah looked pretty as she paid attention to the paint that I personally chose on the wall for the meeting hall. Slowly, I walked to her, approaching her. She’s still not realizing my presence, but when I was two steps away from her, she turned to the side and found me. She looked at me with a wide smile.

“You made it here” I told her, moving one step closer to her. She nodded.

“I promised you, I will come. And here I am” she said, lifting up her lips to form a gorgeous smile of her that I always adore. Oh this woman, she’d be the death of me.

“And I’m more than happy to have you here now” I responded, staring at her pretty eyes.

“You made it” she said, walking closer to me and before I could reply her, she circled her arms around my necks and tiptoed a bit to close the gap between us, hugging me. The scent of her flowery perfume was immediately diffused with the air around me, all I could smell and sense was only her.

“Congratulation” she whispered on my ear, before placing a kiss on my cheek and hugged me tighter. I chuckled and let out a small laugh. I wrapped her waist with my arms and decided to pull her up a bit, causing her to gasp as she tightened her grip around my neck.

“Kris!” she said in a surprised voice, making me laughing more. I love the way she suddenly felt so clingy towards me, but as soon as I placed her back to the ground, she complained by punching my chest playfully. “That was for surprising me” she said shortly, pouting for second before she suddenly smiled and I smiled back to her.

Oh so this was how it feels like. The time you found your other half and all you wanted to be just looking at them. It happened to me. I just wanted to look at Jinah; I just wanted to see her no matter what. We’re not talking, we’re not saying anything, and we just kept smiling towards each other and holding hands. And that’s enough for me to realize that I wanted a life with her, I wanted to work for her, and I wanted to build a perfect shelter for her so she wouldn’t have to be worried where to live for. I would want to give everything.

“Thanks for staying” I told her, grasping her hand tighter. She just smiled to me and once again moved closer so she could hug me as she placed her free hand around my waist and placed her cheek against my chest.

“Thanks for holding on me, Kris. I would never want to run again from you” she said.

“And I would never want to leave you” I responded, placing a kiss at the top of her head.

We stayed like that for a while until I saw my mother as I hugged Jinah. I looked at her, keeping my position like that. I was afraid that she would scold me or at least giving the disapprove face, but to my surprise, all she did was just smiling at me and continued to walk, leaving us.

“Jinah”

“Hmm”

“My mother just saw us” I told her. She just hummed her response.

“She just smiled as she saw us” I told her again, still feeling amazed. Jinah pulled herself away from me and looked at me with a knowing smile.

“What’s with that smile?” I asked her, growing curiosity.

“She knew we’re back together” she said. “She knew about my condition”

“Wh-“

“She let me stay with you” she cut me down before I could say anything.

“Wh-What? Whoa...”

“Unbelievable, right? I couldn’t believe myself when she said that as well”

“What? You talked with her?”

She nodded in sure, smiling at me.

“You surely have so many things to tell me, hmm?” I pinched her cheek.

“It would be a long story” she told me, playing with the tip of my tie.

“I always have time for you. Long or short, I would spend it with you”

“You cheesy gross man...” she shook her head in horror, giving me the annoyed face.

“I don’t care. You love me anyway” I shrugged casually, enjoyed teasing her.

“Uh yeah, that’s the problem. I love you” she rolled her eyes as she pressed her smile.

We ended up laughing towards each other before I took her hand with me. We’re definitely heading home. Together, this time.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Baby, if you want the almond milk that bad, why don’t you just order it online and had they delivered it to my place, huh?”

Kris Wu the complainer being such a lazy again. We’re in the middle of walking around the area of his suite complex. I found that there’s a new place for hangout, they served fresh almond milk every day. As a big fan of everything almond, I really wanted to try it and I thought it would be nice to enjoy it with my man. I knew he’s been staying late again for his work and that’s exactly why I wanted to him to move around. He needs to exercise, definitely.

“You’ve been staying late these past days and I wasn’t able to provide you with a proper breakfast-“

“That’s why I’m telling you to move in to my place” he cut me off, giving me the face.

“That’s not the point” I told him, punching his upper arm. “I want you to take care of your body, your health” I said as we kept walking around the area. He just pouted as I told him why he should take care of his health, I really wanted to scold him but he looked so hot this morning I forgot what I should tell him.

Kris wore his jeans along with his favorite sneakers that he bought along with mine. Yeah, as cheesy as it sounds, he bought us a couple sneakers. But he chose very comfortable sneakers I ended up liking it. He wore his black loose shirt as well, giving a slight hint of his perfect chest and upper arms. His hair was a mess, he cut it shorter and for some reasons, it wouldn’t go neat as he tried tidying it; the hair created a hot mess on its own. I really wished that it stayed like that because I kept playing it last night. I put a mental note to play on his hair whenever we’re playing under the sheet.

When we’re finally arrived in the store, I quickly made the order, noticing that there were so many people inside the store. I tried to ignore it, but I heard the whispers of course. People praising on Kris, people telling about how hot he appeared with his shade on, people were curious as well about my presence with him. Other things that I missed to recall. Public knew that we’re divorced already, separated. None of them noticed that we’re back together, yet. Both of us thought that this relationship was only about me and him, so people outside us didn’t have to know. I thought I’ve forgotten the harsh comment people usually said about me, especially after the divorce. I’ve been the in their eyes, so many times.

Once the take away order prepared, Kris helped me to bring it outside as we’re walking back to his suite. The trip back to his place filled more with silence rather than talking. 

Unknowingly, I’ve been avoiding people as we walked. I put my shade on and I looked to the ground, keeping a safe distance from Kris. And that’s exactly what annoyed him.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked.

I shook my head quickly. “Nothing. Let’s just keep walking” I told him, half whispering.
“You’re not like this earlier” he commented. “Tell me, what’s wrong?” he held on my hand, insisted to make me talk. Kris then suspiciously narrowed his eyes and looked at me. “Is this what I think it is?”

I stopped walking and tried to free my hand from him as people started to look at us, but he remained calm.

“There’s nothing we should hide, Jinah” he told me.

“I know... I thought I was fine with that, but recently Kris, the thought of me being a bad pair for you really caught my attention. I couldn’t help but to think of it. You know, I have a problem with giving you an offspring...”

“Don’t say that. Not that one” he said, shaking his head. “I don’t want to hear about that one”

“I know, but that’s our main problem” I told him. Kris was looking to the ground, shaking his head softly.

“You know what? I don’t care. I don’t ing care with those rules, those terms of me having an offspring or whatsoever. I love you, I’m happy with you, and all I have in my mind is about how to make our relationship works, Jinah. I don’t care about anything else.

I chuckled, sighed as he looked at me straight.

“, why I’m so in love with you to the point that I can’t hate you even if I want to, huh?” I said, responding to his words. “Why I want to say yes with you although clearly I should say no?”

He chuckled as well, nodding to my words. “That’s weird, right? I wanted to do things the way I want it, not even caring about other things when I’m with you”

“You’re such a bad influence for me” I said to him.

“Yeah, I am. Because I went crazy because of you and you know...” he cupped my face with his free hand, looking at my eyes. “It takes two to tango, Baby” he finished his words.

I knew we should start talking about our problem from earlier, the baby thingy. But at this moment, all I wanted was to have this man in front me. I knew I owned him already, his heart was always mine and mine was always his. But I need the secure feeling that we’re going to be together, although we both got the bless from our parents to back again as one.

“Screw this thing”

I heard the sound of the almond milk package being thrown to the ground and the next thing I knew, I felt his lips moving along with mine. For seconds, I couldn’t think of anything. I felt his lips, I felt his intention, but I was too surprise to realize the move he made on me. He pulled away from me, looking at me as I didn’t kiss him back.

I watched his confused expression. I looked at him being puzzled with my act and I was surprised to myself as well. I knew I couldn’t be away from him, even if I wanted to. I knew that I was totally fall for this man, I knew that I’m trapped in the love we felt for each other. So I smiled at him, I smiled the knowing smile I always gave to him before I threw myself to him.

“Screw this”

I had my arms around his neck and kissed him as passionately as I could. I felt him smiled at me as he pulled me closer by placing his arm around my waist and the other one tilting my head, so he could kiss me deeper. I ran my fingers softly around his hair and even moaned as he bit to my lower lips. It was crazy, it was the first time we kissed in a public space (I swore I didn’t want to repeat it again), but there’s something about his kiss that made me surrendered.

He’s right. The most important thing was what we felt towards each other, screwed anything else. Our feeling was the important one and I wouldn’t let myself got confused. I love him, he loves me back, there’s nothing we should be worrying about. We’re happy to be together. 

And as much as his love intoxicated me, we’re ready to begin again.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Happy first anniversary for Perfect Timing and happy third anniversary for me of being here in AFF. So many things to celebrate although there’s this thing with Luhan. Oh well... It’s not a good year for SM. But anyway, if it’s the best thing for Luhan, then let it be.

The Perfect Timing is coming so soon. Really, can’t wait to publish the next chapter but I still have homework to do, so for now, please enjoy this one chapter. Hopefully to see you all soon. Happy with this chapter? Let me know!

xoxo, 

yuriyaa