Flaw

Perfect Timing

"Flaw"

 

 

“Kris Wu speaking” I said monotonously towards the phone as I read on the resort project progress. By this time, the resort already 90% developed, the promotion and launching party was prepared as well to celebrate the 20th resorts that our company owned.

“Kris” I stopped reading and stared at the phone that’s placed not too far from my reach.

“Uncle Frank?”

“Hey, Son. How are you?” the familiar voice replied. I smiled to myself.

“It’s been a while! Where have you been?” I asked him in excitement. “I’m good. How are you?”

Uncle Frank, my mother’s younger brother, was one of the uncles that’s really close to me. He’s the one who taught me about business management and the one who babysat me when I was living in Canada. The last time I met him was on my wedding day, after that he’s staying in Hong Kong while continuously travelled to Europe, visiting her only daughter which was practically my cousin, Janice.

“Well, my old body has not yet betrayed me despite my old look” he chuckled. “I’m good as well. Haven’t heard from you... How’s Jinah?”

“She’s fine, Uncle”

“Oh, it’s good then. Your aunt wants to see her; she’s worried about her condition after the accident”

“Is she going here to Seoul? Aunt Lily already came here when Jinah was still in the hospital” I recalled. Aunt Lily took care of me well so when I introduced Jinah to her as my wife, she felt happy that the lonely boy finally got a wife to accompany him.

“We’re inviting you to come here, Son. Well, of course if you two could make it. Janice’s having her birthday here in Hong Kong for the first time ever since she went for school in Switzerland. It would be her engagement party as well” my uncle sounded proud as he mentioned about the engagement.

“She’s engage? Wow, congratulation!”

I remembered Janice as a very ignorant girl. She’s pretty but always hiding behind her long hair and the glasses. I wondered where did she meet the guy whom she wanted to spend her life with.

“Who’s the lucky guy?”

“Her senior in the university. He left Bern earlier than her though; he worked in Berlin after graduated. But they made it after three years of dating. He’s a Chinese guy as well, his name is Yi Xing. But people called him Lay, easier to say. A good man”

“Are you happy?”

“Yeah, of course I’m happy! Why not?” he was laughed nervously.

“Uncle, I know you’re not. You’re worrying something” I told him, keeping the smile to myself. I could hear him sighing.

“Isn’t she too young to get married? She’s just 26...” he said with his old dialect.

“Oh no, you’re not doing this to Janice, Uncle. Come on, you used to be so open up about marriage in young age” I up. My uncle was a really free spirited guy. He always supported me to do anything, he encouraged me to experience a lot of things I was scared to do. But now, he’s afraid that his daughter is going to get married.

“She looks too young for me to handle a marriage. You know Janice, all spoiled...” he sighed again.

“She’s not, Uncle. When I met her for holiday in New York during her senior year in the university, she didn’t look like a spoiled little girl. She grew up uncle and you have to believe me when I said that a lot of guys checking up on her. She’s growing up and now that she found the man she wanted to be with, you can’t just say no because you think she’s too young for a marriage” I told him.

“Seemed that marriage did something to you huh, Kris? Where’s my whiny boy who complained about his mother’s absence on his high school graduation?” my uncle said, adding his deep homey laugh. I kind of miss him.

“He’s growing up as well, Uncle” I replied, laughing along with him.

“I really miss you” he said. “Come here, please. We’re going to be happy to see you and Jinah coming here, okay? Plus, you can check out on Lay so maybe you can help me to judge him, you know”

I chuckled and shook my head. “No judging, Uncle. Janice loves him and maybe you should start loving him as well, he’s the one who’s going to take care of her” I reminded him.

“Yea, yea, I know. I got that a lot... “he said in a humorous annoyance. “Ok, this old man need to take a morning walk in order to keep his heart rate well. See you next week, ok? Try to stay a little bit longer here, will you? I would love to take Jinah for a walk around the area”

“Ok, I’ll let you know. Take care, Uncle”

“You too, Son. Bye”

The phone ended in a matter of seconds. I suddenly recalled the moment I grew up along with my uncle’s crazy busy schedule around the world. I followed him a lot, learning how to meet people, how to read people’s mind from their gestures, how to...get a woman. He was kind of fitting the fatherly figure that I never had for years and I’m so thankful to have him as I grew up. And although we rarely seeing each other now, I just know that we’re still as close as we used to be.

My thought was then stopped by another call from my mother. I recalled that I have a lunch meeting with her; we need to discuss more about the resort launching event further in Jeju. I made a note to tell Jinah about the whole Hong Kong trip planning; she must have been excited about this.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hong Kong?” she raised one of her eyebrows as she cleaned her makeup on the vanity table. She saw me through my reflection on the mirror when I said the invitation from Uncle Frank while I’m changing my clothes after bath.

“Mm-hmm. Janice, my cousin, the one that’s catching your bouquet during our wedding, remember? She’s going to get married, and on her birthday that’s going to be celebrated next week, she’s going to get engage as well. We’re invited” I told her, putting the dirty clothes the laundry basket at the corner of the room.

“When are we going to leave?”

“Friday. I already cleared my schedule and as I checked on yours, I have your schedule cleared on that day. I told Heechul hy-“

“You what?”

I stopped talking as she cut my words and turned around. “I... cleared your schedule"

“Who told you to do that?”

“What? Jinah, I think we-“

“Kris, can’t you for once not meddling on my business?” she asked with a dreadful tone.

“Med-meddling? What? No, I just-“ Again, she cut my words before I could really say what I wanted to say.

“Yes. You’re meddling with my business, every single time you think that my schedule didn’t fit yours. Kris, can’t we just do our own business? I never asked you to fit your schedule with mine, so don’t do the opposite as well!”

I looked at her, confused. What’s wrong with her? Did I say or do something wrong? She was never like this before. We usually matched our schedule, and it’s so natural for me to call her agency to change her schedule if we should go somewhere together. Previously, it was fine; but seemed this time she’s kind of disagree.

“Do you have important schedule by this week that should not be cancelled?” I asked her.

“You’ve cleared the schedule, what to do?” she ignorantly replied, walking back to her table, cleaning up the cotton that’s used to clean her makeup.

“Well, if you want to I can call-“

“And said that I’m available again? No, thanks” she venomously said.

I sighed and walked on her. “Jinah” I called her, but she ignored me and kept walking until I had to half pulled her arm so she could stop walking and look at me. “Hey. Are you mad?”

She yanked my hand, but I held hers stronger so she failed to free herself from me.

“Jinah, look at me” I told her. I was really confused why she acted this way. We fought and argued a lot previously, but never because of this kind of reason and the past week, we’ve been having so many little arguments. Guess that there’s no marriage without husband and wife yelled at each other.

Jinah ended up stopped trying to free her arm and looked at me. It seemed that she’s really mad.

“Hey, listen. I didn’t know that you’d react this way towards my action. So for whatever I’ve done, I’m sorry if you didn’t like it and felt angry about it” I told her. She sighed and shook her head slowly.

“What’s wrong, Jinah?”

“Nothing” she shortly replied.

“Do you realize that we kept having argument the past week? There’s no day without us having a different thought about everything. Like when I said A you said B and we didn’t even reached any settlement for that” I said again. “Please tell me if there’s something wrong with all of these”

She cleared before she change her deep gaze into a soft one. “I’m tired, Kris. Could you please give me a moment?” she asked me, holding on the hand that I used to hold on her arm.

“Jinah” I called her again, she looked at me with her bright eyes. I always love her eyes, the way she looked at me, glancing at me, or simply staring at me, I love it. But this time, her eyes didn’t seem to look happy. At a time like this, I wish I could have the ability to read her mind, I didn’t want to her felt like she’s burdened with our relationship. I wanted to know her more.

“You know you could always tell me about everything, right?” I told her.

She smiled weakly, softly rubbing my hand that’s still holding on her. “I know. But sorry, Kris. I just...” she hung up her words, looking down before facing me again, sighing. “I’m on my PMS, sorry I was ing around”

PMS. The reason for everything, of course. “Really?” I asked her, trying to make sure.

She nodded. “Just.. Just please let me be alone for now, okay? I don’t want to hurt you more with my words while I’m having a mood swing like now” she reasoned.

I still want to stay and talk with her more, but in the end, I slowly released her hand from my grip and watched as she walked out from our room. She didn’t say anything else and it seemed that she was really tired. But her anger earlier, for some reason, my feeling told me that it wasn’t because of her PMS.

She had something in her mind, but she didn’t want to tell it. Yet.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We landed in Hong Kong on Friday afternoon. Once we arrived at Uncle Frank mansion, I noticed that my mother in law already there along with Aunt Lily and of course, Janice. The whole family was welcoming us with sincerity and clearly, the atmosphere was totally different from Kris’ father’s family side. From his mother side, the family seemed to be warmer and it felt more comfortable. I spent quite a little time looking around the big mansion. For a family of three, Uncle Frank house was surely huge. The number of the maid was even more than the one in my mother in law place. I didn’t understand why this family loves to have a huge house.

We had lunch outside, at the backyard of the mansion with one of famous chef in Hong Kong who work in five star hotel owned by my mother in law as well. The food was great and everything seemed to be perfect, we had sangria as well and the day ended just like that. There’s nothing much to do because the birthday and engagement preparation was already done, the only thing to do probably was only meeting Lay; Janice’s soon to be fiancé.

I spent more time with Janice though; she asked me so many things regarding marriage, the thing that she thought I mastered. I didn’t want her to think that I understood well about the marriage life, so I tried my best to do the conversation like a friend sharing information and not like a lecturer to student. Besides, I’m still a newbie in this whole marriage thingy.

“What do you think is the most important part of marriage, Jinah?” she asked me while munching on the chocolate she brought her from Bern, one of my favorite.

I rolled my eyes as I think and munch on the delicious chocolate. “Hmm... Well, I think, communication. Couples sometimes argue just because of the lack of communication or there’s a miscommunication between them. Unable to understand each other is important, I guess” I replied. I recalled that in the beginning of our relationship, I and Kris had so many miscommunications; what he wanted to say and what I heard was always different.

“I communicate well with my boyfriend...” she said, smiling all of herself. “What else?” 

“Honesty?”

Janice nodded in agreement. “Does Kris ever lie to you?” she asked me.

“Kris? Never” I answered, shaking my head. “Sometimes he’s too blunt he just says whatever running on his mind, there’s no way he’s lie” I added and Janice let out a small chuckle in agreement. We both then laughed over it.

“He’s not a fun kid. When he’s in senior high school and I was just about to start junior high, I asked him to help me created a fake sign of my father. I got a punishment in school; I didn’t want my father to know. In the end, he told my father that I wanted to fake the sign plus that I got detention at school. He’s really stubborn in a good way, really discipline” Janice said, recalling her teenage period. I smiled at it, even up until now, he’s still a very discipline man; except on bed. He could ask to prolong for another hour whenever we’re tangled in bed. Gee.

“Have you ever not honest to Kris?”

That question made me choke myself; Janice quickly took a tissue and gave me water. “Are you okay, Jinah?” she asked me, looking worried. “Should I call Kris?” she asked again and I quickly shook my head.

“No, no. I’m fine, Janice” I replied, making her sure, smiling. She looked at me, like waiting for my answer. I cleared my throat before I could reply to her question.

“Well, lying... I think I’ve done one or two times...” I said to her, smiling weakly. Janice nodded in understanding.

“Yeah, sometimes when we did things our boyfriends dislike, or bumped to an ex out of the blue ended up with a drink or two and pretended that we never met them in front of our boyfriends...” Janice said, nodding her head.

My biggest lie to Kris was probably about meeting and being driven to his hotel by Woobin oppa and pretended that it never happened. Kris knew it in the end and I would never understand how he could accept it very well. If it’s me, if one of his exes ever came in sight, I probably would go in agony and be angry about it. Oh Kris...

“I think it’s good that Kris is married to you, Jinah” Janice suddenly said, smiling to me as she held my hand. I looked at her with a questioning look. I got used to this kind of words coming from the reporters or my friends who came from the entertainment industries, but rarely from a family member.

“I think he’s really fall for you. I mean, his ex in high school, you shouldn’t count them. It’s just a puppy love, even in university. Well, except for Lana Ho and Choi Sooyoung, whom he found to be in serious relationship with him. But don’t get me wrong, with Choi Sooyoung, they’re just match as social partner, they lingered in the same field, the hotel business and charity work but they didn’t make it. And for Lana, she’s good to be honest and I was pretty close with her when I resided in New York. But Lana... She’s not ready to tie the knot, I could tell. She just wanted to stay with Kris, dating until God knows when, that’s why she’s running away when he’s asking her to get married”

I never heard of this version of story. I knew that Kris was rejected by Lana when he asked her to marry him, but I never knew that she ran away from him.

“She ran away?”

Janice nodded. “I flew to Canada that day, I recalled. I was calling him because I need to send a message my father told me to, but instead of Kris, Lana answered the phone call for me and telling me that I better go to Vancouver to accompany him. I was confused at first, but then I knew that Lana ran away. We just knew that she’s in Ibiza two weeks later. And he’s pretty broken that time...” I noticed Janice looked away to the blue sky as we adjusted our seat in the pool side.

“But I’m happy when I knew that he’s married to you, Jinah” she suddenly said, widely grinning at me. “We never met each other and Kris never mentioned about you when he started dating you, I guess. But a baby in the family and a seemingly perfect super model as wife, I think you two are really for each other” Janice added. “I could tell from his eyes when looked at you, Jinah, he’s really into you”

I couldn’t help but replied her words with a smile. Kris Wu was once a very famous bachelor, for his handsome flawless look and the wealth on his hands; people must have been really surprised to see him suddenly getting married to me while there’s no single news about us dating. Plus, there’s a baby on the way as well. Everything was perfectly orchestrated; it’s too perfect that it felt fake inside. I still remembered how I wanted to separate my life from him although we’re living under the same roof. In the end, I’m looking for him when he’s absent and it’s unavoidable to fall for him in return. The baby, he helped me a lot to appreciate Kris’ presence.

“I want to be a couple like you and Kris, secretly” Janice whispered since Kris suddenly passed the back door and walked to our seat. I just laughed hearing her words. Became a couple like me and Kris? We’re totally a fake couple until 8 months ago. And I didn’t believe myself we’re even passed the first anniversary of our marriage. From fake to real.

“What’s with the whisper? Talking about me, huh?” Kris asked as he sat next to me and automatically placed his hands around my waist, hugging me from behind, earning an annoyed glance from Janice. She just shook her head and laughed at his gestures.

“You two go get a room” she playfully said as she threw a small pillow to Kris. He managed to catch it somehow, widely smiled at Janice.

“You need to fix your ability to throw” he commented. “Where’s your boyfriend anyway?”

“At the hotel with his family, of course” Janice answered as she munched another chocolate.

“Don’t you allure by the thought of coming to his hotel and doing- ouch!” Kris cringed as he felt another pillow flew and hit his face as he talked. Janice and I couldn’t stop laughing at it. “That’s hurt, Sissy” he commented.

“Serve you right! Now, if you excuse me, love birds” Janice said as she stood up from the seat. “I would love to do some simple facial treatment, my soon to be fiancé is going to see me tomorrow, I better look pretty for him. Bye!” she waved at us and walked right away.

Once Janice left, Kris turned me around and pulled me closer for a kiss but right before he landed his lips on mine, a loud voice was heard.

“TOLD YA! GO GET A ROOM!” Janice screamed from the back door and laughed really hard before she ran to her room. I opened my eyes and found Kris was freezing on his position, centimeters away from my face.

“That little brat” he commented as he rolled his eyes. He caressed my face and looked at me straight. “Did you enjoy the snacking time with her?” he asked.

“Of course, I get along well with her” I replied, half shrugging.

“Well then it’s good that she’s leaving. I miss you” he said, pecking on my opened shoulder. I wore a camisole that showed my shoulder and it seemed to me that my husband really love this particular clothing.

“You miss me? Wow. For how many days of separation, Mr. Wu?” I played with the collar of his shirt. Kris looked heavenly handsome with his short light brown pants and white shirt covered with the navy blue blazer.

“One or two hours, but if felt like I haven’t seen you in a week” he teasingly said, tracing the line of my lips with his thumb.

“Oh I’m flattered to hear that” I responded, he smiled wider.

“Ok, it’s my turn to have a good time with you” he said, pulling me closer again and this time, covered my lips with his. It didn’t take me long to reply his kiss, I groaned softly when he started the upper part of my lips, asking permission to let me open my mouth. We had a mini tongue fight on who should be dominant in this kiss, but in the end, I surrendered. I like to follow his lead so I let him to pleasure me with his kisses. He softly cupped my face and tilted it so he could kiss me well and sweet and deep. I realized we’re not just kissing anymore when his hands started to move around my waist and of course, my . It was like his favorite place to visit every time we made out. I started to run out breath when he hungrily kissed me more, giving me pleasure driven by lust and-

“Oh, Kids. Go get a room”

Uncle Frank had just walked on us at the pool and with his hand still on my ; Kris broke the kiss and brought my face to his neck, just to cover it from his uncle. I couldn’t face him in this condition, of course. I could predict how I looked: hair messed up, face went read, and bruised pink lips. I bit my lower lips, between feelings embarrassed and wanted to laugh.

“Yes, Uncle. We’ll go to our room” I heard Kris saying playfully and after that, we’re just laughing awkwardly as Uncle Frank chuckled and continued to walk again.

“Kids nowadays”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Saturday morning at Uncle Frank’s mansion could be said as pretty quiet. My mother in law and Uncle Frank along with Kris went for morning golf. Janice, of course, busy preparing her clothes and flowers arrangement. I was brought by Aunt Lily for a brunch at the pavilion of the mansion. There’s only the two of us because the other family members from Kris’ mother side mainly resided in Hong Kong or Europe, all of them stayed at the hotel and would be coming after lunch. The birthday and engagement party would be held at night, we’re still having quite a free time.

I was enjoying my orange juice when Aunt Lily brought old photo albums to the table. The large photo album books looked pretty, the color was baby blue.

“I was still the fiancé of Frank when Kris was born. The family was really happy. He’s the first baby boy in both families; everyone was so delighted back then... He’s cute yet has this cold face for a baby” Aunt Lily opened one book and showed the pictures of baby Kris. His black hair looked just like now; I smiled as I saw his pictures. I have this imagination that Baby Bear might look like him when he’s baby. He’s so handsome, even when he’s just born.

“Oh, if you’re wondering why I have his album pictures, well... Frank and I were pretty close with Kris’ parents and he was often babysat by me when his parents were at school, back in the State” Aunt Lily explained. “You must have seen this picture, right?”

I nodded as a reply. “When we’re in Guangzhou, I saw a lot of his pictures at Grandma house”

“Kris was not much a bright kid though” Aunt Lily suddenly said, looking at me. “Did you find him pretty hard to talk to, Jinah?”

I smiled. “Sometimes, Auntie. There’s a time when I didn’t know what he exactly wanted to say, but at some other times, he could suddenly state what his thought was. He’s unpredictable sometimes”

“Including on your marriage!” Aunt Lily said in excitement. “The family was really surprised back then. Really, what you two have in mind that time, huh? We thought that we’d die from heart attack, he announced the marriage in a broadcast and we didn’t even know who the bride was! I’m sorry, Darling, it wasn’t like we dislike you but as you know already, he’s not just a bachelor with money. Kris is special...” she said sweetly, smiling towards herself as she looked at his picture.

I was feeling terrified with how Uncle Frank and Aunt Lily thought of Kris. Different from the other family from his father’s side that mainly talked about business and wealth management, I love the one from his mother’s side better. They felt more like a family, it was like coming to my uncle and aunt’s house and the first thing they asked was “How’s your school? Do you get along well with your friends at school? Do you have a crush at school?” Uncle Frank and Aunt Lily treated us like that and really, I felt thankful for them for taking care of Kris when he’s younger. I believe his warm and caring affection was resulted from this side of the family.

“Was he a naughty boy when he’s still kid?” I asked Aunt Lily, it seemed she’s excited to answer.

“I wished he was, but he’s not. He always is the obedient one, even among his other cousins. He’s growing maturely, Jinah. But he’s not a boy anymore; he’s a mature man now”

“He’s thirty now, Auntie” I said, smiling widely and Aunt Lily laughed for that.

“He grew up so fast. He’s not a bad boy type, he’s a very good man” Aunt Lily added, she then taking my hand and put it on her lap.

“I didn’t know if his mother talked to you like this also, we know how cold Helen could be, right?” she winked, like knowing my thought about my mother in law. “But I’m happy, Jinah. I’m glad that you’re here, be the part of our family, and stay by Kris side” she softly said, caressing my hand. “It was a hard task to do, to be honest”

“Hmm?” I gave her a questioning look, confused with what she said.

“When we know that there’s baby in your marriage, we knew that it’s going to cause a chaos. The Wu family, they held a meeting, of course. If your baby is a boy, a heir is going to come and that means, your baby will continue to be treated just like how Kris used to be treated, the heir of the family was always treated exclusively”

“Why they should be treated like that? Isn’t it causing a jealousy among his other cousins?”

“Honey, you’re married to a billionaire household. Since he’s born, Kris probably heard how he’s expected to follow the line of the family, that he’s supposed to be the leader of the business that’s developed by his grandpa and then to his father, and now, him. There’s no way he could escape this cycle. Your baby soon will get this as well” Aunt Lily explained, still caressing my hand.

“But Auntie, what if there’s no heir to this family?”

Aunt Lily gave me a weird look. “Well, of course, the company would be sold to public”

“Why? If in the family there’s a person who can manage to lead the company, why should it be sold?”

“It was listed on Grandpa Wu’s will. As long as there’s a heir who will bring Wu name in the family, the company would be owned by the family. But if there’s no more heir who will continue the family line, Grandpa wanted the company to be sold to public and fairly distributed the wealth to all of his offspring. He didn’t want them to fight over money or power. If there’s no way the Wu could be continued, then done”

“The business... was it really big, Auntie?”

Aunt Lily smiled helplessly towards me. “It’s really big, Sweetheart. It was not only the hotel, there’s also shopping mall, car, and other properties. It works on so many field and so far, it was managed very well by your mother in law. Kris, he focused to the hotel for now, but once he’s officially has an heir, a baby boy, he’d overtake all of the company as well”

I couldn’t imagine how he’s going to do that. I mean, ever since he’s boy, he’s already submitted to a lot of special schools to learn so many things, in order to be prepared as the heir. No wonder he always looked tired every day, he worked on so many things. I wondered how he passed his day when he’s still young. It must have been hard.

“And this is why I felt thankful that you’re on his side, Jinah”

“I didn’t do anything, Auntie” I said to her. “You shouldn’t be thankful towards me. Kris is perfect already by himself, even before he met me” I told her, but she shook her head.

“Staying by his side, being supportive towards him, that’s enough. There’s a supportive woman behind every successful man, Jinah. And although he’s already doing well before he met you, once he’s with you, it would be hard for him to be away from you. Family, wife, baby; he’ll have this feeling inside of him to be more responsible towards you and his little family. Your presence will motivate him to do better, Darling”

When Aunt Lily done talking, the front gate was opened and we could see cars coming inside. Kris, my mother in law, and Uncle Frank were seen coming out from the cars, speaking as they walked inside the mansion. I noticed how Kris looked so happy an excited as he spoke with his uncle and his mom. It must have been so relaxing for him to be able to speak Chinese along with them. He’s so glowing, and I’m happy to see him delighted like that.

“Please take care of him, will you?” Aunt Lily said sweetly while smiling, grasping my hand one more time.

I never know that it was so burdensome to be married to an heir.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Janice birthday party was really awesome. We finally got introduced to Lay, he’s really a good and polite man, I felt happy that Janice met him. They made a very cute couple. We’re having a romantic engagement party followed by a birthday party for the family and then as the night grew older, the party moved to the wilder one. When the elder were leaving the party at the backyard, it’s time for DJ and alcohol to enter the party. I was having fun as well, Tao joined the party since he’s in Hong Kong and Kris, suddenly I remembered the night I saw him.

He was really drunk that night and he danced awfully, his movement was somehow weird I couldn’t help but laughing. But tonight at least he’s not trying to dance, although he managed to take me for a short couple dance. We’re pretty affectionate towards each other during the party and I felt a bit like a young couple who’s just started a relationship when he sneaked us out from the party. With our party costumes, he brought me or a walk to the neighborhood when we ate late night snack, the dim sum stall that was his favorite.


We basically did a trash talk since we’re just enjoying some food there and ended the day with having some ice cream on the way back to Uncle Frank’s. I refused to get a piggy back ride from him, it would make us totally like those couple in Korean drama but I couldn’t avoid him when he took me bridal style towards our room. I tried my best to make sure that Kris changed his clothes properly and that he didn’t hit something when he’s on the toilet. Obviously he’s drunk.

I was just done cleaning my makeup and changed into my night dress when Kris, who I thought was sleeping, suddenly pulled me so I was sitting on his lap, facing him.

“Kris?” I called his name. He’s closing his eyes, but when I called his name, he opened his eyes and looked straight at me. “Are you still drunk?” I asked him, caressing his cheek and then he shook his head.

“You know, I wanted to do this but I’m not brave enough to face you” he suddenly said, eyes set on me.

“Kris, you’re drunk. Go sleep” I told him, about to stand up but then he pulled me and held on me tighter.

“Hmm, yeah I’m half drunk, I realized it Jinah. I know” he muttered, closing his eyes before he opened it again. “Give me a second” he said, made a time out sign with his hands. I was just looking at him in confused, what’s wrong with him. He’s then blinked his eyes several times, touching on both of my shoulders.

“Jinah, is there something wrong between us?” he asked me.

“Hmm?”

“We...fought a lot recently... and I think, I think you’re slightly avoiding me” he said, looking down at my hand that’s held by him. “Tell me; is there anything wrong with me? With us?” he asked again.

I tilted my head to the side, looking at his face. Even when he’s so drunk like this Kris still looking as handsome as a demigod would be. I didn’t know why I wasn’t interested at him in the first place when I first knew that I was pregnant with his baby. But when I thought about it again, it must have been because of my anger towards him.

“Am I disappointing you?” he asked.

“No, Kris. No. Don’t say that” I shook my head slowly. Was he been thinking about me and our fights the past week that he’s talking about it when he’s drunk?

“But there’s something wrong with us, right?” he asked me again, this time touching my neck where he softly rubbing it.

I shook my head slowly. “There’s nothing wrong with us”

He frowned upon hearing my reply. “But then why I felt like you’re not here, Jinah? Yes, you’re in front of me, but why I feel like you’re not here?” he asked, cupping both of sides of my face. I tried my best to smile at him.

“You know” I said, clearing my throat. “You look utterly handsome tonight” I caressed his face and cupped it, so both of us were cupping each other face.

“You look beautiful as well to me” he said, grinning. I just chuckled and ignored his words. “Don’t go away from me, Pretty” he said, before he placed a soft kiss on my lips and pulled away, smiling.

“Why are you so perfect?” I whispered at him, still cupping his face and just stared directly to his eyes. This man in front of me, there’s no bad word to describe him. He’s flawless.

“You made me perfect” he said sleepily. I just sighed and pulled him into hug where I placed his head on my shoulder, I could feel him hugging my waist up to my back, closing the gap between us and after that, I could hear his soft breathing, signaling that he’s already fell asleep. Here I am, on the lap of the man that I love, the man that I wanted to spend my life with.

He’s so perfect I could go blind seeing his perfection. And for that reason, I felt scared. 

I’m imperfect. And I didn’t want to be his flaw. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

“Mrs. Wu, I’m sorry but I think there has been something wrong with the test pack” 

“Pardon me?”

The doctor cleared as she looked a bit worry towards my checkup result.

“It’s negative, Mrs. Wu. You’re not pregnant recently” she said.

A slight of disappointment was running around my heart, I could feel the pain already. I tried my best to smile, but I knew I couldn’t. I’ve told myself that I shouldn’t put my expectation high. I knew my condition was not well enough and I didn’t think I would pregnant this fast, of course. It was too fast considering my body was still in recovery status.

“Oh, okay” I said, more like a small mutter.

“But Mrs. Wu, I think we should schedule further check on your ovary condition” the doctor said again, made me looked at her in confused.

“Is there anything wrong?” I asked her back.

The doctor sighed and took a deep breath before she could say anything else.

“I’m afraid that upon the accident that happened a while ago, it affected your ovary as well as the chance of you getting pregnant”

“And what is that mean?”

I suddenly felt so scared, dizzy, and confused at the same time. Affecting my chance to be pregnant? She’s not going to say the things that I had in my mind, right? She’s not gonna say that I-

“You might have only small chance to be pregnant again, Ma’am”

I really hope that I misheard something or if I was having a nightmare. Sadly, it’s not. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: picture is not mine, credit to CAPA