Jealous

Perfect Timing

 

"Jealous"

 

I was just done washing my face when I heard a knock on the connecting door between my room and Kris’. His morning fresh face was the first thing I saw once I opened the door. He smiled a little awkward and said a morning greet to me.

“Are you getting ready?” he asked me. 

“For what?”

“A morning walk”

I raised one of my eyebrows. I didn’t recall that we’re talking or making an appointment to have a morning walk.

“Minseok said that you need more exercise on breathing. Aside from the yoga you took, you should also take a walk. And I need to recover myself also, so I think it’d be good for us to go out together. The weather is good outside” he explained, shrugging his shoulder as he looked at the window.

I have no schedule also since this afternoon I’m going to attend the charity event. And it’s a rare occasion for me and Kris to stay together free on a weekday. Plus, seeing how he’s already ready with his jogging suit, I think it’s good to have him accompany me doing a workout. I nodded to him, confirming that I wanted to join him for the morning walk.

“Give me twenty minutes” I said.

He chuckled as he shook his head. “The sun will be up once you’re done getting yourself ready. Be faster” he teased me. “I’ll be on the porch, ok?”

“Yes, Sir” I replied as I closed my door and walked back to the bathroom to get ready.

Apparently since the second time we woke up together in the same bed, both of us seemed to try our best to treat it as something accidental. I mean, I was just helping him to stop screaming in his sleep and he took it as a good will from me and we didn’t talk about it again as we rose from the bed. And ever since that thing happened, we just ignored it and pretended that it’s something normal.

I felt more comfortable to be around him though. Kris is a good guy, he never forgot to ask me what I’m feeling or if I need anything. He would be glad to assist me on providing everything I need that I even sometimes think that he’s being a little too much on doing his part as the father of this baby. But he’s sincere doing it that I couldn’t say a single no to him. I never knew that he’d be this good though.

I used to think that this fake marriage will totally be me having the tittle or Mrs. Wu, but stay as Im Jinah, the single mother to be. But it happened the other way; never once Kris left me all alone to face my pregnancy. He’s truly taking care of me and the baby, just like what he promised before the marriage. He’s doing his part, but me… I haven’t done my part yet.

As I changed my sleeping gown into a black legging and dark blue jumper, I noticed that my bump could be seen clearly as it grew bigger day by day. And this is what exactly made me feeling furious. The part of my agreement with Kris was that, he’d make sure that my baby and I will always be protected while from my part, I’ll bear the next successor of the Wu. I rubbed my stomach softly, just to make sure that I could feel my baby.

I recalled what my mother in law said about the baby’s gender. It’s like in a drama, I guess. Maybe I should have a baby boy, for its safety. But what if it’s a girl? What if because it’s a girl, Kris and his family ask me to leave the Wu? What if it’s a girl and he refused to take of the baby? What if the baby should grow without the presence of its father? I sighed and shook my head. I felt myself changing…

I used to think that I could conquer everything in my life. I used to think that it’s fine to have this baby who does no sin in its life, to think that having the baby would be my final decision. I thought that it’d be fine to just having the baby and me, living this rude life and reality. I would protect it, I would take care of it, I would never the baby, and I’m pretty sure back then that I could do it on my own, not even with a single help of the father. But now… to think that there’s a possibility of Kris leaving me and the baby, I slightly feel scared.

I didn’t know what’s happening to me, but currently, I want Kris to stay around me. I grew habit of seeing him day and night, to get his call, to get his text, to him worrying about me. And even though I didn’t show much affection to Kris, I paid attention to him though. The last time he got hospitalized, I couldn’t bring myself calm upon hearing that I’m banned from seeing him there for my baby could get affected. And it’s not good to not seeing him. His phone call was not enough, but at least, I could hear from him and that’s good. It’s weird, but I think I got used to him…

When I’m done making a ponytail on my hair, I walked to the porch and found Kris checking on his bicycle along with another bicycles next to it.

“We’re cycling?” I asked him, checking on the two bicycles. His bike, colored in black, looked much sportier compared to my white bike. But my bike looked pretty, so I felt quite satisfied.

Kris nodded as he prepared my bike for me. “I heard from your father that you’re pretty good in cycling and Minseok recommended this work out for you as well. And since the park we’re going to visit is kind of far from here, it’d be better to bike there”

“Helmet” he said, giving me a pink helmet. I looked at him in a weird way. “What?”

“Are you seriously asking me to wear a helmet? Who wear a helmet when cycling?” I responded. I never wear a helmet when I ride my bike, God.

“Safety first” he said, waving the helmet, asking me to wear it.

“But the helmet is not even cute and-“

Kris didn’t wait a second to hear on my rant and just placed the helmet on my head and securely locked the string to make sure that I’m safe. He smiled to himself as he looked to the helmet on my head.

“The shopkeeper didn’t lie to me. He said that this model fit ponytail, and it’s really fit your ponytail” he smiled again and playfully touched my ponytail before he walked to his own bike, leaving me all speechless. What a dork.

In the end I didn’t say anything and just followed him to the road he chose. Since our house located in such a remote area (yes I always said that to him, he chose such a weird location to build a house), there’s barely anyone on the road. It’s just me, Kris, and the morning autumn weather. Yeah, it’s autumn already. Never realized that it’s been months already since I started everything with Kris, but the baby bump been the proof of it. 

We bike calmly as we talked basically about anything. He asked me about my health and my schedule and the preparation for the event this afternoon, the charity, and whether I wanted to eat something or not. When we arrived at the park, the large park only consisted of elders since it’s a working day and people usually visited the park on the weekend, so we had the privilege to enjoy the silent park for us two. We parked the bike and he took me for a walk around the park.

It’s a beautiful park with pond, bird cage, and small forests to walk by. The track was good and I could keep up with the walk pretty fine. Sometimes I found it a little hard to breathe when I have to walk through the stairs but as Kris helped me to walk, it felt a little easier. I noticed that his hand hasn’t left mine ever since we crossed the small bridge near the pond, but I knew myself very well that I too, didn’t mind a bit to have his large palm holding on mine. Oh Jinah, what’s with you?

“I have to go to Tokyo this afternoon” he said suddenly when we’re sitting at the stone seat in the park as we took rest while drinking water. I turned my head directly to him and found him looking back at me.

“This afternoon? Why so sudden?” I replied.

“I just got informed last night, haven’t got a chance to tell you”

“For how long?”

“Three days” he answered. “I have to review our resort there and I’m planning to have another meeting with our partner, so before I come back here, I need to finalize an agreement there. Is it…okay with you?”

Kris glanced at me while I looked away from him. I dislike his absence though, but it’s work, and who am I to make him leaving his work?

“Hey” he called me. “Are you okay?”

I quickly nodded. “Yes, I’m fine”

“I already contacted your mother. Once you’re done with the charity event, the driver will take you to your parents’ house. When I’m back from Tokyo, I’ll let you know so you can go-“

“Can I just stay at home? I mean… It’s hard for me lately to sleep in other bed. Like, it always takes me more than an hour to just sleep. So I guess, it would be better for me to stay home while my mom or maybe Sora came to accompany me. Is it okay?”

He stared at me like it’s so weird for me to say the things. I just looked back at him, waiting for Kris to reply my question.

“Yes, sure. If you want it like that, I’ll arrange the driver to pick your mother or Sora. Just let me know”

“Ok” I shortly replied.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked again. I nodded.

“It’s fine with me”

And after that, there’s been an awkward silence when we bike back to home. I didn’t know why, but suddenly I felt like I’m having a bad mood. I didn’t talk much when he commented on the road or anything; I just want to arrive immediately at home. And maybe, I’d take a long shower on my bathtub. I couldn’t explain the sudden change of the mood that I’m having.

Right when we arrived, I just took my pregnancy milk and after that, leaving for my room. I noticed that Kris seemed to feel a little uncomfortable with my silent treatment, but I couldn’t bring myself to look at him or say anything. I need a moment of peace and I’d find it on my own bathroom.

It’s stupid, I know. But really, I have no idea how to say it or interpret it. I suddenly felt so annoyed that all I wanted was to ignore him and not talking to him.

Im Jinah, behave, please.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kris insisted to send me to the orphanage before he went to the airport. I didn’t do much refusal towards his action. We left the house after a short brunch and when the car brought us to the orphanage, again, I kept silent. I know it’s annoying, no guys like a woman who’s being so moody. But I swear, the hormone killed me with its uniqueness. I knew I shouldn’t be angry to him, he didn’t do anything wrong but then again, I just felt so annoyed with the fact that he’s leaving me for another three days.

But the question is: why should I get angry with him? Oh my God, I’m not myself.

“My mom is already on her way to the orphanage” he informed me when we saw the board of the building. I put my attention on the building ahead.

It’s a great large house with wide garden at the front of it. There’s a huge banner, written with “Welcome, Mrs. Wu” and for once, I thought it’s for my mother in law.

“That’s for you” he said, making me looked at him in surprise.

“Isn’t it supposed to be for your mother?”

He shook his head. “No. My mom made this event for you though. She asked the kids here to pray for the baby inside, so you will have a healthy body and be able to deliver the baby well”

I looked at him with a surprise look. “Are you sure?”

“Why? You don’t think my mother is capable to do a good thing for you?” he said as he chuckled. I nearly forgot that I was kind of giving him a silent treatment, but when I remembered it, I ignored him.

“She likes you” he said suddenly before the car stopped. “It’s just, sometimes she appeared cold and distant that you might think she hates you. But she likes you, that’s one thing I know”

“I never think she hates me” I responded and went out from the car.

Once I opened the door, I was greeted by the staff there and I noticed the other guests already came inside the building. We should just wait for my mother in law before starting the event. I set up my hair and my pants along with my loose shirt and flowery blazer. I wanted to look comfortable around the kids, since today’s all about playing with the kids inside the orphanage. 

“Hey, Jie” I turned around and found Tao along with Luhan walked closer to my direction.

“Oh, Hi!” I said happily. It’s been awhile since the last time I saw them at my wedding reception. “What are you two doing, here?”

“Uh-“

I noticed that Kris was about to say something but Luhan quickly walked near me and pulled me closer to him.

“Your lovely husband invited us; he didn’t want you to feel lonely here” Luhan said as he winked to me. This handsome cousin of Kris seriously loves to until Kris couldn’t say anything. I glanced at Kris but he just busy cleared his throat and looked somewhere else.

“I brought a lot of toys for the kids, Jie. I hope they like it” Tao said as he smiled brightly. He looked great today with black jeans and loose grey shirt paired with an outer.

“Sure, they’re going to like it, I bet” I commented. Suddenly, when I saw Tao and Luhan, it didn’t feel like I want to get angry anymore. Seriously, this hormone really drives me crazy. I noticed that Kris stayed close to the car, watching the three of us.

“You should get in” he said, appointed to the main gate. I nodded in understanding.

“See you, Ge” Tao said as he waved to his cousin. Luhan and Kris shared a hug but right when he’s about to get in to the car, he turned his back and without me noticing, he took my waist softly with his left hand and pulled me closer to his chest and left a kiss on my forehead.

“Take care” he whispered.

It was just lasted in second, but I totally frozen on my spot as I looked at him, wide eyes. He looked a little flustered but then he took a step back and waved his hand before finally getting in to his car. Luhan and Tao didn’t notice his act though; I bet they thought it’s something normal for him to kiss me like that. I suddenly felt so hot and thirsty, I need water.   

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When I took the invitation from Lady Wu this morning after the meeting with her team, I didn’t know that it would include Jinah on it. I arrived at the orphanage along with her team and here I am, wearing the apron as I served lunch for the kids. The happy faces happily greeted me once I placed the food tray to them. They were being polite by saying thank you when I served the food and volunteered to help me clean up the plates and glasses that were used for lunch.

As I got busied along with the other guest on the volunteer work at the orphanage, I still managed to see Jinah sitting at one of the table with a little girl on her lap as she tried to feed her. She looked beautiful as usual with her comfortable clothes. She seemed to be used to feeding a child as the girl following her guide when Jinah fed her. She made a cute face when the girl finally ate the whole plate. I didn’t realize that I was smiling to myself as I saw the view, not until Su Ah appeared and gave me a look.

“There are reporters here. Please watch your act” she whispered as she brought a tray filled with dirty plates.

Oh yeah, I forgot the presence of the media as well as I forgot Su Ah’s presence. I knew she used to do this kind of charity event but most of the time, Su Ah just being a guest and not doing anything. I think this is the first time she must do so many works like handle a toddler, feed the kids, or clean up their rooms. But in this charity event, Jinah wanted the guests to exactly do something for the kids. And I’m happy with that though.

I haven’t spoken to her ever since I arrived here. She’s busy dong the opening and prepared everything for the kids. I was kind of worried with her condition since she’s pregnant and her bump was not something people couldn’t notice. It’s there, clearly seen through her grey shirt. But I didn’t have to be worried though, her in laws were here. I noticed the two guys that kept standing near her and sometimes Lady Wu and from what I heard they’re Luhan and Tao, Kris Wu’s cousins from China.

Speaking of the man, he didn’t show up today, not like any other events he used to attend along with Jinah, for this charity I only saw him at the gate earlier when he kissed his wife goodbye. I didn’t know how I could saw her being kissed like that by her husband. Maybe my heart got adjusted to the fact that Jinah’s married and pregnant, and that there’s no chance for me to ruin everything that’s already perfect. She looked so pretty when he kissed her and I admitted that I felt they’re kind of looking good together.

She knew I was here, but she didn’t bother to say hi too. She knew that her mother in law was here along with her husband’s cousins and also the media. She really played her part well while me… I just, still try my best to pretend that I never know her. But it’s enough for me already to see her. She moved around with the kids, played around them and laughed happily with those kids with her long wavy hair being pulled to the back. It’s like when we’re in London and she played with the little girl at Hyde Park. It’s similar but the ring on her right finger was enough to hold on me. She’s not mine anymore and I should just stayed back.

“Uncle, show us how to play basketball” a little boy pulled my pants and I kneeled as I saw him.

“Why, do you want to play basketball with me?”

He nodded excitedly. “You’re tall so I bet you’re good at playing basketball”

I ruffled his hair and soon, went to the basketball field along with several other kids. Several of the guests including Luhan and Tao joined this game, so we ended up playing basketball together. It was fun when the kids enjoyed playing a playful basketball game. They’re all excitedly playing and laughing, making me feeling grateful that even though they’re orphans, they didn’t lose the smile on their youth.

Once the game ended, we were all sitting at the field while chatting and took a rest. I talked with Luhan and Tao but just talking something unimportant regarding their travel from China to here or when they’re planning to go back. A little girl who had been watching me since I played basketball earlier suddenly came to me as she shyly sat next to me.

“Hello, Little Girl” I greeted her, softly patted her shoulder.

“Are you Prince?” she asked directly to me once she’s looking at me in the eyes.

“Hmm?”

“I think you’re the Prince. Go to your Princess” she said again, smiling to herself.

“Me? I am the Prince?” I asked her as I looked to my left and right “Me?”

The little girl nodded in sure. “Yes, you’re the Prince. I must be right”

“Why am I the Prince?” I asked her, took her to my arm as I walked back to the building.

“Because from what I read in the book, you looked like the Prince they’re mentioned. You’re handsome, you’re tall, and you’re so kind” she said, blushing at the end of her words as she looked down, embarrassed.

I let out a small laugh upon her words. “Really? Where’s my Princess then?”

She looked excited once again and hugged my neck as she whispered right through my ear. “Your Princess is Mrs. Wu. She’s the real Princess…” the little girl said, automatically making me looked at Jinah who’s now playing with a little boy and his Superman’s action figure. She didn’t notice that I looked at her while she talked to the little boy. I smiled to myself; she’s indeed ready to be a mother.

“Uncle…” the little girl called me, making me looked away from Jinah.

“Yes?”

“Why don’t you go for your Princess?” she asked, giving me a confused look.

“Because… Prince is not ready to meet his Princess. Besides, she has her own Prince” I answered bitterly. Uh, how could I suddenly doing a sharing session with this cute little girl?

“Really? Too bad, I thought you’re her Prince” she said in disappointment.

“I can be your Prince” I said to the little girl and once again she blushed as she looked at me. What a cute little girl…

I noticed that Su Ah tried to stay near with me but really, I didn’t want to stay anywhere close to her so I preferred to walk around with the little girl. I saw Jinah was sitting with the little boy along with Tao while Luhan chatted with her aunt, Lady Wu. She looked really fit to the Wu and somehow, I felt grateful for her. I couldn’t imagine myself if Jinah be a part of my family and got bad treatment from my mother. With her current life, I think it’s the best for her and honestly, I’m happy for her. 

As I watched her, I saw her about to take a toy at the top of the cupboard. Even for a guy like me the cupboard looked so high; I quickly stepped in before anything happened to Jinah and her baby.

“Hold on” I said as touched her shoulder and tried to take the toy. It’s a small car toy, but the boy looked so happy to get it. When I gave the toy for him, he said thanks and quickly walked away.

“You’re okay?” I asked Jinah, standing next to her, examined her face and her hands, afraid that she’s having a bruise.

She nodded. “I’m fine, Mr. Kim” she replied and took a step back from me.

I looked at her in surprise but as she looked at me with a pleading stare, I knew she’s just trying to remind me about the media and also her family here. We’re never exposed by the media during our relationship and I don’t think people know that Jinah and I knew each other very well, so it’d be weird if she suddenly called me “Oppa” as usual while people thought the two of us didn’t know each other.

When Luhan came for her and accompanied her to walk outside, I just knew that it’s really end between me and her. I could only see her back as she walked further with no chance of looking back at me. A pang of jealousy felt in my heart. She’s someone I lost and I could never get back. Not now, not later.

I saw her again as she talked with Tao and laughed with Luhan or when she spread a smile to the kids.

How I felt so jealous towards Kris Wu right now…

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I checked the last report that Chen gave me and tried to read it over and over again before I signed it. Once it’s done, I ended my meeting with my future project partner and called it a day. It’s been a packed two days meeting and discussion and I really haven’t caught up with anything else but work, so on my last night in Tokyo, I asked Chen to join me for some dinner at the city walk.

Mr. Nagasawa, the one that handle my project in Japan, greeted me a good night. He wanted to have a dinner with me but it’s his wedding anniversary that he really couldn’t miss. His wife had been waiting already at their house along with their children. And of course, I let him go since I didn’t want a business meeting for tonight. I need my own freedom.

“My wife is sending her greeting to your wife, Mr. Wu. Hopefully her pregnancy goes well. And I hope your trip tomorrow back to Seoul to be safe. I know you must have been looking forward to go back and see your wife”

His words engraved in my mind. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, especially at the part of going back and seeing my wife. Im Jinah.

It wasn’t about the feeling of wanting to see her right in front of me; it wasn’t also about wanting to be with her right here right now. Even walking at the busy road of Shibuya was made me thinking about her already. She told me that she used to visiting Japan with her parents, on which her Japanese excelled a lot due to the annual trip she took along with her parents here. I wanted to know what she would say about this part of this city, what memories she had in Japan, what was her favorite things to do in Japan, and so many question and of course, so many stories to tell her about my day here. But to be honest, all of it was vanished once I saw the report of the charity event the day before.

As I checked on the news, the charity event was being publicized on the TV and that’s when I saw a familiar face on the screen. Kim Woobin, my current business partner, was seen on the place and got interviewed along with Jinah during the event. And that’s enough to make me feeling weird, like there’s something on my stomach that made me feeling…upset.

I suddenly decided to give her back the silent treatment she gave me earlier. I didn’t want to talk with her or even just sending the text that I’m indeed arrived at Japan already. I haven’t communicated with her since I left Seoul and that’s all because this crappy news I heard.

“Did your phone die or something” Chen asked as we’re waiting for our ramen to be delivered to our desk. I shook my head mindlessly. “Then why didn’t you call her? Do you want to use my phone to call her?”

“Why is it a big deal? Even though I got used to text her, doesn’t mean that I always have to inform my whereabouts, right? She’s not someone important”

Chen looked at me in confused, he knitted his eyebrows.

“What’s wrong?”

I muttered a short “Nothing” before sipped the warm ocha that’s served on the table.

“There’s definitely something” he commented but until we’re done with the dinner, he didn’t say anything else and I refused to talk also.

I didn’t know why I have to get angry to her. I knew she was texted me since yesterday, from telling how her day was up to checking on my news. None of it got replied; I still reluctantly wanted to tell anything about me towards her. I didn’t remember since when I grew this habit to inform her or she informed about her, but I knew, we started to act like a real couple. Like, how is it even possible? We’re not a couple from the first place.

I knew she didn’t do anything with Kim Woobin. I knew it’s not possible with all of the media and my cousins and my mother’s presence. But somehow, I got so annoyed with the fact that they’re attending same event and interacted there, even though I bet no one knew about their real relationship in the past. Still, I didn’t like it. And I didn’t know why I didn’t like, darn it!

When I got back to the hotel, I took bath and got ready to sleep. But as I expected, I couldn’t sleep even though I knew have to wake up early due to a short morning briefing with my business partner before leaving for Seoul on the next day. I’m done checking on the TV channels that didn’t interest me at all; I couldn’t listen to any music right now. So I left with the last option, checking on my phone.

Out of the blue, I checked on her Instagram where she usually posted her pictured on day to day basis. She started to post again once we’re confirmed with the marriage and the pregnancy. There’s a time she couldn’t be online since people looked over her and it might affected her condition if she ever read the hurtful online comments left on her page. But as I checked on it, people were supportive towards her pregnancy. And I read a lot of comment regarding me too…

I mindlessly went through a gossip column and search about her, and the news recently related with me. There’re a lot of candid pictures of me and her and it’s kind of making me feeling like I’m her real husband. I mean, yes, in paper I am her legal husband but I never knew that I’m indeed act like her husband, just like how I supposed to do if I ever really devoted to be married. I saw her picture as she walked next to me and we’re hand in hand as we’re talking to each other. It’s during one of the wedding parties I attended along with her and we’ve been naturally acted like we’re a happy couple that people thought.

I sighed and realized that I should treat her well. It was not like it’s her fault that Kim Woobin attended the charity event and I totally have no right to get angry towards her. Yeah, I really should stop thinking that we’re going to do anything

When I checked on the time, it’s almost midnight. But then again, at least I should try to call her.  So I dialed her number and waited for several tones before I finally heard her sleepy voice.

“Jinah?”

“Hmm”

“Are you asleep now?” I asked her.

“I’m trying to” she replied shortly. I heard her soft yawn but then again she tried to talk to me. “Is there anything wrong?” she asked.

I bit my lips, feeling a little guilty. “I’m sorry”

“For?”

“For not calling you the past two days” I said, sighed at the end of the phone call.

“It’s fine” she muttered.

“It’s not fine, I know. I’m sorry”

I didn’t know why I changed from the one who’s got annoyed with this turned into the one who apologized for not calling her. Man, I really felt like I’ve been wronged her and when I thought I should ignore her, all I want was… caring her.

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” she asked with a tired voice.

“Are you?”

“I couldn’t sleep the past two days, and last night was like a torture. I’m sleepy but I couldn’t sleep” she said helplessly. “And now, I don’t know anymore how I am supposed to sleep”

“Where are you?”

“In my bed”

“Have you tried moving to other bedroom? Maybe you want to sleep at the guest room, or do you want to sleep on my bed?”

It took her seconds before she replied. “Can I?”

“Sure. Just go to my bed and sleep there if it’s possible” I told her.

I heard a movement sound; maybe she’s waking up and walked to my bed. I noticed a noise of door being closed and when I heard her relieved sigh; I knew she must have been already on my bed. I could imagine her on her night gown slipped into my bed, just like the last time. But this time, she’s alone on the bed. I shook my head quickly, of course she’s alone. Did I expect myself to be on the same bed with her?

“Why your bed feels better than mine?” she said in protest.

I just let out a chuckle. “I’ll buy you the new one if you want the exact same bed”

“It’s so soft” she said. “When are you going back home?”

“Erm… tomorrow. Why?”

“Can you prolong your trip so I can use your bed a little longer?” she pleaded in a funny voice.

I smiled to myself. Suddenly I felt like…how to say it, kind of…missing her. Oh, being away from her recently felt so hard for me.

“Just enjoy it while you can” I replied as I let out a small laugh.

“Do you know that you annoyed me?” suddenly she said.

“Why?”

“Why you didn’t tell me that Choi Sooyoung is your ex? Oh God, I have no idea that she’s your ex so when I worked along with her to serve the food at the charity, reporters gathered and made a headline about it” she suddenly complained.

“What headline?” I asked her in confused. I took my iPad to check on the headline she’s talking about and found one related with her and Sooyoung, my ex-girlfriend.

A harmonize relationship: Jinah Wu seen get along well with Sooyoung Choi from Choi Corps, whereas the later was Kris Wu’s ex- girlfriend. The two proof that the past relationship affected nothing in their work together for the charity event

I chuckled and shook my head. “Sorry, I forgot that she probably will join this event. She didn’t annoy you, right?”

“Why? If she annoys me, will you do something to her?”

“Well, not really. So far, she’s the quietest ex-girlfriend I’ve had. She‘s the only one who never contacted me again after we breakup, which was good” I replied. “You don’t have to be worried. I didn’t have a lot of ex-girlfriends here in Seoul”

I heard she chuckled but then there’s a silence between us.

“Jinah?”

“Hmm”

“Did you meet Kim Woobin?”

 “Yes…”

There’s a silence again.

“It’s over between me and him, Kris…” she said softly.

I didn’t know why but I felt thankful towards her words. She just told me the thing that I probably wanted to hear since yesterday. And somehow, what she said made feel at ease. She made me forget that I was somehow angry towards her at the first place. But now that I heard it directly from her without me asking, it felt good.

“I know” I replied.

And the next few seconds passed by just us listening to our breath. I didn’t know what else to say and she didn’t attempt to say anything else too, though. But the silence felt comfortable and none of us wanted to end it, or at least, I didn’t want it to end.

“Jinah?”

There’s no response from her so I called her again but all I heard was her soft breathing. She fell asleep already, I guess. I adjusted my position, getting ready for sleep also but still with the phone on my ear.

I could imagine her sleeping next to me as she closed her eyes, breathing softly while her lips sometimes muttered gibberish. She would have her long brown hair fell her face, but that’s fine because I’d tuck it to the back of her ears and watched her for a little longer. I found that watching her asleep somehow amused me and for that reason, I wanted to do it again. For the first time, I want to be home; because Jinah is there, and because I’m longing to see her.

I remembered the next day I woke up in the hotel room I noticed that I had a very good sleep. Suddenly I felt so energetic to face the day ahead; it must have been because of her. I made a mental note; I wanted to plant another kiss on her forehead.

I think I’ve fallen for her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 20!

And yes, Kris finally admitted that he fell for Jinah… More stories to come and I think the upcoming update will come very late after this since I’m having a lot of projects up to the midyear in the office plus I’ll be travelling too, so maybe even though there’s an update, it will be longer than usual. I’m preparing more materials for this story, so hopefully I could come up with good and better idea to finish it. And hopefully I could do it for my other stories as well, since all of it being put on hiatus. I hope you enjoy this chapter, I personally think I need to revise it again later on, but hope you all like it.  

And since there’s been a protest on me giving you teaser for the upcoming chapters, no more teasers will be given.

Have a nice Sunday.

xoxo,

yuriyaa