Thunder

Perfect Timing

 

"Thunder"

 

 

I woke up with a warm feeling covering around me. I could smell his scent even before I opened my eyes, but I have to deal with the disappointment when all I see on Kris’ bed side was nothing but an empty spot. He must have been leaving early again for work, it’s been always like this lately. I pouted, feeling suddenly sad for not seeing him, but I have to understand… my husband is a working man and when he’s on his project, I have to support him at the most, of course.

Kris had been involved in a development of new resort at Jeju Island, another property of Wu Global Company. He went there several times but for the time being until I deliver the baby, he wouldn’t visit the resort. He trusted everything to Chen, so he didn’t feel the need to go to Jeju plus the work has not yet started so until the development begin, he’d stay in Seoul. This work was a joint project between his and Woobin oppa’s company, the reason why I previously met Woobin oppa along with his mother and Hwang Su Ah at Kris’ hotel.

We never talked about it though. Kris knew that Woobin oppa was my ex and that I used to developed a serious relationship with him, but that’s all. He didn’t get affected by those facts and continued to work professionally with the Kim Corporation. I knew he went to quite a lot of meeting and intense communications with Woobin oppa, but just like they knew each other that their relationship was considered as working partnership only, Kris and Woobin oppa had quite a distant personal communication. I understood this and not interested to get myself involved between them so when he talked about his work but never mentioned about the resort project, I thought that it’d be the best for us. Just like Kris said, it’s all in the past and there’s no use to keep digging on it. We’re heading the future, he said, and he didn’t bother my past as I accepted his.

I yawned hugely while hugging my blanket tighter, I still feeling like lazing around the bed but I couldn’t as I remembered the things I need to do. It’s Kris’ birthday and I planned a small surprise party for him. On my birthday two months ago, he invited my parents for a special dinner at the rotating restaurant. Although he knew about my birthday from Chen and back then we’re not yet being opened about our feeling towards each other, I thought that he’s kind enough to prepare the dinner and asked my parents to come, just because he thought that I might miss my parents and he didn’t want to appear as the bad guy in front of my parents’ eyes. He knew my father missed me a lot, that’s why he invited my parents along. And for that, I wanted to give him a gift for his birthday.

Chen, Jongin, and Kyungsoo all told me that Kris was not an easily open up guy. He’s a type of observant person, he wouldn’t start initiated the conversation in new place with unfamiliar people unless someone came to him and talked. He only has very limited friends, he’s not a people person, and he’s also not a party guy. Really, it seemed like I married a person that’s totally my opposite. But like Chen said to me, even though he’s not easy to approach, when we get his attention and trust, he’d be the best person you could befriend with. He could be very childish sometimes, refusing to work and just playing with his game console at the living room when he got really stressful with work but on the other day, he would appear mature as he helped me get through another sleepless night. I’m still amazed with the fact that he could handle my y mood very well.

I checked on my phone and got informed by Sora that the florists already sent the flower for Kris to his office. I smiled as I imagined what his expression would be when he got the flower on his desk. I didn’t put my name on the card and I pretended that I didn’t know his birthday while I had this party in my mind since the last two weeks. I wanted to show my gratitude for having him on my side while celebrating his birthday along with his closest friends. I asked Kyungsoo to help prepare the food while Jongin would support the party with the liquid, seemed like he really enjoy this part though. Chen would help to rearrange his entire schedule and all Kris knew was that I promised him a dinner together, because I don’t want to eat alone and he took the bait very well. For now, he still has no idea that we’re going to hold a small dinner party for him only.

And Baby Bear seemed to get excited as well for this party. He had been kicking quite often this morning, must have been his morning greet for me. I rubbed my stomach as respond, asking him whether he’s feeling happy today and got another kick from him. During the latest visit for my pregnancy check, my doctor said that he’s one active baby and most of the time, he would just made a move here and there, including kicking me for whenever he’s feeling hungry, annoyed, excited, oh he just loved to kick me here and there. I really couldn’t wait to see him out of my body, holding him.

Since my baby feeling hungry already, I decided to get up from my bed and went directly to the kitchen. While waiting for my maid to prepare my breakfast, I munched on the red velvet cake I left last night. Oh God, I kept eating and eating like there’s no tomorrow. But as always, Kris told me that it’s for my baby so it’s fine to eat whatever I want; he, along with my mom,  really encouraged me to eat more and more. I could no longer find my previous body, it’s so large now around my arm, my shoulder, my thighs, and of course, my waist. But I got reminded that Baby Bear need a proper way out, so I tried my best to make it easier for him to find his exit gate from my body. I could imagine how adorable he would be later on when I hold him in my arms. Oh, I couldn’t stop daydreaming about my baby lately. Please hurry come, Baby Bear.

Once I finished my breakfast, I quickly took shower and get ready to prepare the dinner. I had the interior team prepared the display for the dinner at the backyard so I need to supervise them to follow what I want. And Kyungsoo will send his staff to our house, preparing the food as well. The cake for his birthday will come in minutes, so before I meet everyone, I need to appear decent and also, I still have to prepare the dress that I planned to wear for tonight. I didn’t think I’d go outside today; I’ll just do a quick makeup and simple hair styling.

I was about to leave my bedroom, since my maid telling me that I have guests waiting for me, when Kris called to my phone. I thought he’s being attentive as usual, asking me whether I had my breakfast or if I felt something uncomfortable, but from his voice I just knew that he’s worrying something.

“Where are you?” he asked quickly right when I said hello.

“At home, of course. Where else would I be?”

“Stay at home. Don’t go anywhere” he said shortly.

“I’m not planning to go out…”

“Ok”

“Kris, is everything okay?” I asked out of curiosity. He never called me in such a hurry and be so to the point like this. I could hear him taking a long deep breath before sighed.

“Just stay home, ok?”

After that he ended the phone, leaving me hanging. I planned to call him again after I met with designer team; I guess they’re the guests that my maid mentioned earlier. I made it to the living room upstairs, when we usually accepted the guests; benefit of having the private house at the lower level. But the one that greeted me was not the designer team, it was Mr. Lee, my mother in law’s personal assistant, he’s the Chen for her.

“Good morning, Ma’am” he was politely greeted me, bowing his head. I nodded and couldn’t hide my curiosity to see him at my house. I thought Kris’ mom was coming, but I didn’t see her. Mr. Lee dressed in black suit, reminded me of a funeral service. His face looked calm and never once he stopped smiling at me.

“Good morning, Mr. Lee” I said back to him.

“I would like to take you with me to the main house. Mrs. Wu is waiting for you” he said in other perfectly articulated words.

“Mother is calling me? She usually just calls me and tells me to visit her”

Mr. Lee nodded in understanding. “It happened that she informed me to take you there”

I raised one of my eyebrows in confused. Kris told me not to go anywhere but his mom wanted me to come to her house. It would be rude not to fulfil her summon and I guess, mother wanted to talk about Kris’ birthday. Ah yes, that’s must be it.

“Ok. But could you please let me talk with my maid, first? I need to tell her several things she needs to prepare” I said as I walked to the kitchen and Mr. Lee nodded once again.

It felt odd somehow, but I ignored my feelings and just gave the instructions on what my maid should do later when the team came to prepare for the dinner. Once it’s done, I walked to Mr. Lee again and showed me the way to the car. He opened the back door for me and I noticed that there were two others person waiting in the car, the driver and another assistant I never met before.

Knowing that the trip we’d take to my in law’s place was quite long, I thought of watching something in the car. But even before I turned the TV on, Mr. Lee quickly forbade me from watching the TV.

“The TV was recently broken, Ma’am. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience” he said.

“Oh, that’s okay”

“Please just listen to the set of classic music. It’d be good for your pregnancy as well” he said, motioned his assistant to turn the music player and we’re off with the depressingly sound of one of the classical piece I never heard before and I really couldn’t hide my curiosity of what happened this morning.

It was really odd.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When we reached my mother in law’s house, I was escorted to the study room. It wasn’t my first visit here, so I noticed everything around the house and ever since I’m officially being the part of the W, I was never being called like this. Today was somehow reminded me of the day when I met Kris’ mother for the first time, when she asked me about my pregnancy and whether the baby inside me was really Kris’ baby.  But our relationship got better, I never argued with her anymore.

Once the door opened and Mr. Lee announced my presence to my mother in law, I could see that she’s not in a good mood. She looked at me with a furious face and when Mr. Lee left the room and closed the door, leaving us two in the room, she immediately hit the table.

“You dare to lie to me, to my family?!” she suddenly asked with a high pitch voice.

“Mother, what is it?” I asked in confused, had no idea on what she’s saying.

“I thought you’re not like any other girl but you dare to cross the line, Jinah. I didn’t let my son marry you to ruin his life. How come you…What’s your relationship with Kim Woobin from the Kim Corporation?!”

I blinked my eyes several times as I heard her question. It suddenly felt like she’s having a big wrath over me. She must have been heard about my past with him, but her reaction was too much for me. It wasn’t like I’m still his girlfriend when I married Kris.

“He’s my ex-boyfriend” I answered shortly, rubbing my stomach because it felt quite hurt a bit.

“Your ex-boyfriend who is working with Kris. Is that makes sense?!”

“I never knew that Kris worked with him, it just happened that when I was together with Kris, he’s recently starting a project with him. This is unrelated with my previous relationship with him, Mother” I tried to exol

“But why you’re still in touch with him?” she asked me with such a cold tone.

I shook my head quickly. I was really confused with this situation. It seemed that she just heard about my past with him and got angry because I was somehow was in a relationship with a man who’s my husband’s working partner. But my relationship with Woobin oppa never surface on the showbiz news, since we knew that his family wouldn’t like this kind of news to appear about their one and only son, the heir of the Kim. My mother in law might just know about it and she got angry over the fact that was never revealed before.

“We broke up two years ago and we stopped communicating after that, Mother. I’m not having any communication with him” I told her, trying to convince her.

“Then explain why this news spread!” my mother in law yelled as she threw the newspaper to me. It’s landed on my lap and when I saw it my eyes grew bigger as I couldn’t believe what I saw at the headline.

 

SCANDAL! Is there something between Kim Woobin and Im Jinah?

 

Kim Woobin of Kim Corporation was seen with a woman at the city hospital while opening his car’s door for her. The woman somehow was the hottest topic among other pregnant women’s as she’s doing well with her work recently while being pregnant. It’s Jinah Wu, the wife of Kris Wu from the Wu Global Company. The two were seeing leaving the hospital together in Kim’s car and spotted to be seen at the W Hotel after that, with Wu walked to the hotel and Kim was not seen after that (pictures above)

It was not suspected as scandal until a set of proof were leaked to public. The fact was kind of surprising since all we know, Jinah Wu was never seen dating anyone before she’s known to be Kris Wu’s fiancé and later on married to him. Kim Woobin and Jinah Wu apparently was an item before. They’re romantically involved at a set of dating during their overseas trip. Pictures were taken at various cities in the world like New York, Dubai, France, and London (see below). They were never known as couple but how funny it was to know that Jinah Wu in the end married the man that her ex been working with.

The appearance in the hospital now triggers a scandal. Jinah Wu is recently married and pregnant, but why she’s leaving the hospital with Kim Woobin? And why they hide their previous relationship?

Until the news being released, there’s still no confirmation from any parties. And as for now, Kim Woobin and Kris Wu are still working together for a brand new resort project in Jeju Island. Please stay tune for the future update regarding this scandal.

 

I looked at the article again and again. The pictures of me leaving with Woobin oppa several weeks ago appeared online and I couldn’t contain my feeling. How am I supposed to react to this? It was like what the three of us had been hiding, came up to the surface.

“See? Can you explain this article? It won’t appear on the news today if it’s not happened!” she yelled again, expressing her anger.

“Tell me… How it could happen, Jinah?!”

I felt so exhausted suddenly. I didn’t know that it happened just like that; I thought that as long as I kept it silent, never talked about it again, what happened in the past will stay in the past. But unfortunately, things didn’t happen that way. Someone must have seen me and Woobin oppa leaving the hospital and digging up more about our past and…

“Tell me you’re not having an affair behind Kris’ back, Jinah…”

I quickly shook my head. “No, Mother, no. I wouldn’t dare to do that… I don’t have any relationship with Woobin oppa once we broke up two years ago, I swear”

“But why you’re leaving the hospital with him then? Don’t you have your personal chauffer to take you anywhere? Wasn’t it happened the day I dropped you off at the hospital?” she kept questioning me.

“My driver was kind of late and I accidentally met Woobin oppa at the hospital, he’s heading to the hotel as well, Mother. So he offered-“

“And you’re thinking that’s okay to just accept his offer to take you there? Don’t you think about Kris that time? Does Kris even know that you’re coming to the hotel with Mr. Kim?”

I lowered down my face, unable to see my mother in law’s face. I wasn’t thinking about anything else when I accepted Woobin oppa’s offer. What I have in my mind was simply going together to Kris’ place and that’s it, I never thought the consequences or the thought of people about what I did with Woobin oppa. He just gave me the lift to his place, I had no idea that it’d lead to an affair issue.

“He’s working with your husband, Jinah. He’s your ex-boyfriend. No matter how you said that you had nothing with him, people won’t see that. It may look fine to see a pregnant woman with another man picking her up at the hospital, but if the man was her ex-lover, wouldn’t people suspect something in between?” my mother in law said in such a depressing tone. She covered her face with her palms and sighed. There was a silence between us and I really had nothing to say to her. It seemed like whatever I said might only anger her, so I could only stay silent.

“I trusted you, Jinah. I didn’t expect you to act like this” she said, closing her eyes as she tried to breathe properly.  

“But it’s Kris’, right?”

I looked up to her face, couldn’t believe what she said. Out of everything she could ask, she asked me whether this baby is Kris’?

“It was Kris’ baby that you’re having, right?” my mother in law asked.

“Stop it, Mother” Kris suddenly barged in to the study room and stood next to me, facing his mother.

“From the very start, you’re never believed that this baby is Kris’ right?” I retorted.

“Jinah, stop” Kris warned me.

“Your mother didn’t believe that I’m having your baby and now you wanted to think like that also?” I suddenly threw my tantrum to him and Kris stared at me with a very unreadable expression.

“Jinah, you’re not in the position to talk like that to my son. You’re the one who-“

“Mom, Jinah, please stop! I know Jinah, Mom. And for the zillion times, I’m telling you that she’s having my baby, no doubt on that. And now if you’ll excuse me, I want to take my wife with me” he said in a one go, taking my hand with his.

His mom sighed and chuckled. “This problem should never affected our company, I’m telling you”

Kris stopped his steps and turned back, looking at his mother.

“Could you please for once not thinking about the company but me?” Kris said as he tightened his grip in my hand. I could feel how angry he was and I knew right when we stepped out from that room, I have to face him.

But instead of started to ask me regarding the news or clarifying it, he said nothing. He opened the car’s door for me and when he sat behind the wheels, he just driving right away. We didn’t say anything and other than asking whether I’m okay or not, he remained silent. And to be honest, I felt so annoyed with this kind of situation. Getting a silent treatment from Kris was one of bad feeling I didn’t want to experience anymore.

“Kris” I called him, getting ready to be asked by him.  

“Not now” he muttered, still looking straight to the road.

“Just say something, talk, be angry, but don’t stay silent!” I yelled at him. The annoyed feeling that happened at his mother’s house remained on me, I couldn’t calm myself.

“For God’s sake, Jinah. Don’t trigger me to be angry with you!” he replied.

“I know you’re angry” I said, mostly sounded like a whisper.

“But not now, please. Be careful with the baby…” he said, lowering his tone and tried to calm his self.

I automatically rubbed my stomach; I forgot the presence of my baby that I suddenly filled with anger. Maintaining my emotion was really important for me, especially on the third trimester that I’m facing right now because it could affect my baby condition. And that’s just frustrated me. I wanted Kris to talk with me, I felt like I disappointed him. I knew I was wrong for not telling the truth and I felt bad for doing it while I’m pregnant with his baby. I realized that what my mother in law said was indeed true, I didn’t think about Kris at all when I took the offer from Woobin oppa to take me to Kris’ place. It was a small thing, but the consequences took a lot.

For the rest of the trip, we really didn’t talk and I chose to look away to the road, slowly wiped the tears that appeared on the corner of my eyes. I never knew that things could blow up to this extent and judging from the news earlier, I bet my agency would get it worse now. There must have been another series of chaotic action on the media regarding this news. Kris had been constantly rejecting or ignoring the phone calls he’d been receiving since we’re in the car to the point he turned his phone off and once again, I could only flinch as I saw his angry act.

We finally arrived back at our house and to be very honest, Kris’ birthday party ruined already as I didn’t see anyone appeared at my house. They must have been heard about the news and this dinner automatically cancelled. I didn’t wait for Kris to open my door; I just opened the door and without any hesitation started to walk to the house. But then, I stopped my steps suddenly.

My father was standing in front of our house.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What do all of these articles mean, Jinah? Why I saw your name along with Kim Woobin? Why you’re mentioned to have a relationship with him now that you’re married already?”

I could hear my father in law asked in such a cold angry tone. I glanced at Jinah and all she did was lowering down her face while biting the inner part of her cheek. I felt bad for her; she must have been feeling really confused and tired for the whole day. My mom already scolded her, now her father wanted to do the same. I wanted to jump in but he said clearly to me that I should stay away from this one. He seemed pretty angry to her and I just couldn’t take it anymore.

“It’s just a misunderstanding, Father” I said suddenly, making my father in law looked at me. That’s a total horror; I believe he was somehow annoyed with my interruption.

“Kris, this is not the right time. It’s either you stay silent if you want to be here with her or you leave this room, for I need to talk with my daughter regarding her acts”

“But she’s my wife and I have a right to stay with her and defend her” I responded to his words and both looked at me with surprised glance.

“Father, please. I knew Jinah was coming along with Kim Woobin to my place that time; it must have been the media that caught those scenes and assumed that there’s something between them. I knew Kim Woobin was her ex, but the moment she’s becoming my girlfriend was after I signed agreement with Kim Corporation to hold a joint work, Father. So if it’s said that Jinah was having affair behind my back, that’s impossible” I said to him.

Jinah’s father leaned to the back of the couch and took a deep breath before started to talk again. “So you knew the whole things about this? She told you the truth?”

I nodded as I heard his question.

“But why didn’t you say anything, Jinah?” her father turned the attention to her again.

“My mother had just scolded her as well, Father. I’m sorry; I didn’t know things would go this crazy. Jinah happened to be so tired this whole day with the issue, my mother, and now, you. So please understand that she’s easily getting exhausted lately. Jinah was too tired to defend herself…” I spoke on her behalf and my father in law looked a little relieved after that.

“So you’re never been in contact with him?” he asked Jinah, wanting to dig the truth.  

“Yes, Dad. I never called him or be in any form of communication with him. It’s just, we met at the hospital and he saw me. He knew that I wanted to go to Kris’ place and since he’s going there as well, he offered a lift there. That’s all” she spoke with the energy left on her. I knew she’s tired and she’s feeling annoyed with this situation, but before we talked about it, we have to calm her father first.

“As you may know, I’m worried and totally afraid if you have to be related with anyone from the Kim family. So I was so angry to know that you’re still communicating with him. I couldn’t accept if you’re still into him, Jinah”

“I’m not, Dad” she sternly said.

I sighed. Just right when everything seemed perfect for me and her, the past came and ruined everything. She still had no idea how huge this news had become. The hotel was filled with those reporters and once again, they started to dig up more about this until the pictures about Jinah and Kim Woobin dating appeared online, creating a rumor that both of them might have affair behind my back. Really, people sometimes watched too much soap drama they forgot the existence of real life situation.

When we finally could close this argumentation smoothly, I managed to leave the father and daughter reunion. I noticed how my father in law really cared for Jinah; he hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her forehead, before leaving our house. Heard about their history with the Kim family, I knew why her father acted this way. The family humiliation, the broken feeling his daughter felt, I understood why my father in law being extremely angry over this news. I left the two of them at the porch.

I was taking off my suit and threw it carelessly at the bed when I heard Jinah’s steps approaching me from the back. I pretended to not know anything about this and carefully took off my tie.

“Kris, we need to talk” she said, sitting on couch at our bedroom. I looked at her and noticed her face looked tired and she’s clearly not in a good mood. But who has a good mood today in my family?

“Of course we need to talk” I responded shortly, sitting on the bed facing her.

“Why you’re lying to my father?”

Out of all the things, that’s her first question. She hasn’t changed. From the very first time I met her, when she’s stubborn, she always appeared like this: questioning the essentials.

“So he could stop worrying about the news” I replied. 

“But that’s not the truth. I never told you that I went to the hotel that day with Kim Woobin” she said.

“Then why you’re lying to me on the first place?”

Jinah grew her eyes bigger as she heard my question and after that, she reverted back to her comfortable couch, leaning her back. I didn’t want us to argue in this condition, not when she’s pregnant this big. I really need to talk to my mother regarding what she did today. How could she bring Jinah to her place in her current condition?!

“Kris, just like I told my father earlier, I met Kim Woobin accidentally at the hospital and when he knew that I wanted to go to your place as well, he offered me a lift. The driver didn’t come that day, he’s being super late and I thought that since we’re having the same direction, it’d be fine to just take his offer. And that’s all, I never talked to him after that day, not even a single alphabet” she explained the situation back then. I recalled I picked her up at the lobby and I was wrong to not checking on the car that brought her.

“That’s the real situation that happened and I believe in you, Jinah” I said to her, she looked totally worried when she glanced at me. “But what I want to know is why you didn’t tell me the truth from the very beginning about this? You see, I’ve heard your explanation and I didn’t get angry for that. Now imagined if you’re telling me about him taking you to my hotel”

She slowly shook her head and sighed, glancing at me with a defeated look. “Because I didn’t want to bother you with this stuff, Kris. It happened before we’re being open up towards each other and I thought that it’d be better to keep it myself. No one would get harmed by this…”

“You know, I thought we’re in a good term that time. And even though I knew that it wouldn’t matter for you to know that he’s driving me to your hotel, I know it wasn’t right. But as long as it’s remained as secret, everything would be okay. That’s all I thought that time. I never intended to be in touch with him again, not even close. It’s just…”

Jinah hung her words and looked at me. She lost the words and just shook her head; I could tell she felt really guilty towards me. Slowly, I made it to walk to her and kneeled in front of her, holding on her hands in her lap. Our face was separated in few inches; I could see how teary her eyes had become. I stared at her; this woman, my wife, the mother of my children, and for seconds, I just thought how it would be if she’s leaving me for Kim Woobin. I couldn’t imagine it.

“You told me the truth in the end” I said softly, gazing through her pretty eyes. It broke my heart to know that she’s crying because all of this matter. Her intention was only to protect me, yet the whole nation accused her betrayed our marriage. I promised to protect her and I tended to keep it that promise.

“Kris, I’m sorry… for not being honest with you, for ignoring you. But I didn’t mean that. I just want us to not be bothered with my past. I’m sorry that I happened to be your partner’s ex-girlfriend. I just… I don’t know what to say, I‘m sorry and please forgives me…” she said softly with her guilty facial expression.

“It’s ok. You don’t have to say sorry, okay? It’s a misunderstanding, that’s all” I shrugged like it’s not a big deal.

“Kris…”

“I believe you, Jinah. If you said that you’re not with him, I’d take it as you said”

“But your mother? I regretted my behavior earlier in her house…” she lowered her face down. I cupped it, making her looking at me as I wiped the tears at the corner of her eyes.

“I’ll talk to her. She’ll understand” I assured her. I need to make her calm, she shouldn’t be feeling worry over anything with her current condition.

“Don’t argue with her, okay?”

I chuckled and let out a big grin I was unable to show the whole day, nodded to her words. “I won’t argue with her”

“Good” she muttered softly and after that, I just feeling like hugging her so I stood a little higher with my knees and brought her upper body to my embrace. Jinah, I could tell, gladly came to my arms and circled her hands around my neck, comfortably buried her face on my neck. I caressed her hair and her back softly, giving a small peck at the side of her head.

“But for the record, never think that I’m not jealous with Kim Woobin. I do feel jealous when he drove you to my place, with or without me knowing. I would feel jealous with whatever he did and does with you” I whispered to hear ears and she just softly punched my chest and I let out a chuckle over that.  

But the truth was, even if she said that she wanted to be with Kim Woobin, if she ever threatened to leave me, I think I would want to hold on her. I was in a state where my feeling took over me. Like if she wished to go back to Kim Woobin, I might as well be for her to stay. It’s pathetic, I know. But the idea of not having her on my side anymore really made me think that I could do everything, anything, just to make her stay. But thank God, it wasn’t like that.

I like us being like this. I’m happy to avoid the fight that I imagined earlier. I was so angry when suddenly all I saw on the internet and TV was about her and Kim Woobin leaving the hospital together and their affair becoming a hot issue. I knew it was not only Jinah and me that were affected by this rumor, Kim Woobin reportedly didn’t leave his residence and Hwang Su Ah, his fiancé, was rumored to be hospitalized upon hearing this issue. I tried my best not to let Jinah watched the news, I was on my way home when I heard from Chen that Mr. Lee informed him about Jinah being summoned by my mother. I couldn’t imagine how her reaction would be if she knew she’s being negatively rumored. But thanks to Kim Heechul and Chen, they’re working closely to take down those news and all that left was clarification, which I would do later on.  

“Kris”

“Hmm?”

“Thanks for believing me”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After the long conversation regarding this issue, we talked a bit more on the current situation. I already told her not to go out anywhere for the time being and promised her that I’m going to clarify this news. We’re pretty much understood the situation and she suddenly being so obedient, unlike the normal Jinah who always talk back to me. I tried to pull on some weird jokes, it’s more like I threw some stupid responds to her question and even though it’s not that funny, she still manage to laugh.

Baby Bear appeared to be very hungry this night, his mommy couldn’t stop eating and she’s totally filled her plate with lots of food. I was kind of surprised to see the amount of food my maids prepared for this dinner, but again, if it’s for my baby, I could handle it. Jinah totally loved the food she couldn’t stop showing her cute reaction towards the food she ate and I’m glad she’s still showing her excitement to eat. This mess that’s suddenly appeared like a thunder had calm down and I’m happy we could solve it without having to argue with each other. Those days when I convinced her to be married and raise the baby together were the worst period of my relationship with her and truly, I didn’t want to repeat it again.

Once we had the dinner, we prepared ourselves for sleep. It’s been a tiring day and I really need to see Jinah take a rest. She’s been saying about Baby Bear moved a little bit faster that she needs to stop whatever she’s doing just to feel him and ask him to calm down. As usual, it’s part of my job to negotiate with the baby. I love it when he listened to me, so as the reward, I rubbed Jinah’s bump several times and kissed it; Baby Bear seemed to love it he didn’t bug his mommy anymore.

I’ve just lying on the bed when she called my name. I looked at her and found her looking back at me with an intense gaze.

“Do you need anything?” I asked her, afraid that she’s feeling uncomfortable again to sleep. Her growing tummy made it hard for her to sleep comfortably. Usually it took more than one hour just to set the perfect sleeping position, like earlier. She’s sleeping on her left side and just looked at me.

“There’s something missing today” she said, started to rub my right palm with her fingers.

“What is it?”

“I knew today was not the best day we’ve ever faced, but before the day change, I just want to say happy birthday, Kris. I’m sorry for the misfortunate event today, we’re supposed to have a small dinner party and enjoyed some cake as well” she said with all of her heart and that’s enough to move me. I grasped her hand that’s holding on me and smiled to her.

“Thank you”

“I ruined the surprise party” she muttered, feeling guilty all over again, still with her eyes looking at me.

At a time like this, I always couldn’t resist the need to kiss her.  She looked guilty but at the same time, pretty. I love her pregnancy glow; it made her more and more beautiful in my eyes. I faced her and softly caressed her face; I didn’t want her to keep feeling guilty about what happened today. It’s really an unfortunate event for us, but that’s happened already and action already taken, so we couldn’t do anything but face it.

“Stop thinking that you’re responsible for all of this. Just ignore it” I said, reassuring her. “Calm, Jinah. There’s nothing you need to worry about”

“I’m wishing you all the very best and that God will always protect you. Have good years and good life ahead. Be more mature man for me and Baby Bear and be happy” she said again, this time adding a small smile I didn’t fail to notice. “I’ll give your gift tomorrow, okay?”

“You and Baby Bear are the best gift I’ve ever get in this life, I don’t need anything else” I told her and noticed a red blush on her cheeks. How cute it was when she blushed like this…

“Thank you for staying, Jinah. I’m so lucky to have you” I said, kissing her forehead and then smiling at her.

It wasn’t easy to do though; smiling wasn’t part of this day. I kept my stern face all over the day ever since the news broken and broadcasted everywhere. I felt something inside me feeling so annoyed and I’m about to rage if Chen didn’t hold on me. He helped a lot though, I almost went to Kim Woobin’s office just to hear directly from him, what he wanted from my wife. But before that, I was affected with the media as well. I almost believed that Jinah indeed still wanted to be with Kim Woobin. I mean… he’s her most loved boyfriend, before she met me of course. I am someone who came after him, after she couldn’t love again and let her heart open. So it’s very normal for me to feel jealous all over him, but the way I saw her today… I just knew she’s not into him anymore.

“It’s me who should feel lucky” she said. And before I could reply her words, she moved closer to me and kissed my lips like it’s all she could do.

She pressed her pink lips over mine as she reached to the back of my head, pulling me closer to her. I bit on her lower lips and pushed myself, so I could be on top of her and angled her head more to the pillow as I deepened the kiss. I like how she emitted a slow moan as we kept kissing and soon, circled her arms around my shoulder, bring me closer and closer, until my chest met hers and I knew, she wanted it badly as much as I do.

With her, a small act of kissing could turn into a make out session. With her, nothing was as important as be able to stay next to her all day long. With her, I learned how to pleasure my woman. With her, I reopened my heart when I believed that no one could unlock it when I closed for quite a long time.

She’s the only person I wanted to spend my life with.      

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 29, finally.

It didn’t take as long as the previous one, right? See, I’m making effort and progress here…haha kidding.

It’s been awhile since we saw Kris and Jinah involved in an argumentation. And this reason was perfect for them to fight and get back together. As I’ve warned you earlier, more drama to come so yeah, less lovey dovey scenes. The scenes that I’ve been imagined are about to come, couldn’t wait to share it with you guys asap!

PS:

  1. Thanks for those who participate in the survey of which country you’re coming from. I’ll make sure to use the data well and share it with you later on. I’m still open for anyone who still wanted to share it with me. Just send me the private message. I’m so surprised to know that I have readers from 5 continents in the world, minus the Arctic and Antarctica, of course. The highest population came from Asia and America. Once again, thank you and appreciate your time to send me the message!
  2. I’m happy with Kris Wu’s first role in the acting industry, glad to see some of his happy facial expression after all that happened the past two months, but I’m unhappy with the dating news. Sorry I had to remove this part, I want people to focus on my story and not the dating issue. Would appreciate if we're not talking about the rumor. Thank you.
  3. After School’s Nana will be having activities in China and somehow, I hope that she could bump to Kris and attended events together. I still have faith on them lol.

Ok, that’s all for now. See you very soon!

xoxo,

yuriyaa