When in Rome

Perfect Timing

 

"When in Rome"

 

 

“Mother, are you sure you still can walk?” I asked Kris mother as she seemed somewhat looked exhausted after the walk around the city. For a woman on her age, she appeared up tightly young and somehow looked fit; I was surprised to see her walking with me in a fit condition.

“I’m okay, the store is already near, right?” she replied, holding on to my arm as we continued to walk at Via della Panetteria, looking for the best gelato store in Rome. Yes, in Rome, Italy.

Rewind to my life in the past 12 months in Europe, I’ve been travelling around much in the continent. I started off in London, staying there for almost 5 months as I worked with so many magazines and runway. A publication was made for me so I was basically being promoted around, doing runway or sometimes, attending it. I also made several promotional video along with local designer or with high end fashion TV station. It was all good and nice in London while I have my parents and Kris came to visit me. My parents even stayed with me for three weeks, just because they missed me. That’s more like a facade though, since them barely staying in the suit to wait for me. I counted it as their second honeymoon.

Kris, on the other side, couldn’t stay that long. He only managed to stay for 4 days and I really felt bad the day I had to wake him up, telling him that he has a morning flight to catch on. I missed him badly and our constant daily calls were just not enough to keep up the feeling of wanting him to be around. But it was good so far, we maintained our communication and tried our best not to let everything fall apart, except from the fact that we had several arguments through the phone and it was goddamn hard, especially with the time difference.

There were few times when I felt like I wanted to give up though and it was because Kris, for some reasons, felt like I should stop whatever I’m doing on my own because he could afford me everything for the rest of my life without even lifting a hand. That’s a serious fight we’re having, I recalled. I knew it happened because we’re emotionally exhausted and when I was snapped at him about how tired I was that day without thinking how he had been missing me and patiently waiting for me before he could call me, we’re losing our cool and started to fight. I remembered telling him that I wanted to break up with him, that I didn’t wish to continue this relationship anymore because it felt more like depression rather than happiness to stay with him. But of course, we ended up back together because I knew that deep down inside, I didn’t want to lose him anymore. For every time I thought that I couldn’t do this anymore, I recalled how hard it was for us to be as one and it was somehow motivated me, that all I wanted in my life is Kris.

I kept moving around London and Paris, and after few months there, I moved to Madrid. Kris visited me when I was staying in Madrid, we once had our anniversary trip here so he’s kind of wanting to revisit the place plus he’s having a charity night to attend in one of his friend’s hotel so it’s like killing two birds with a stone. He managed to stay for a week. It’s still short since we haven’t met for three months after his last visit to London, but we made the best of it. He came to several of the video shooting and even to the dress fitting for the gala dinner of the charity night. We’re pretty much accompanied each other for that week but after that, it’s done. I haven’t seen him again up until my last month here in Europe. He’s been exploring a new landscape for his hotel project and he couldn’t leave the country for a while, the pilot stage always the critical one when it came to decide a new concept and spot for the building, so he couldn’t visit me. But still, being visited by Sora along with her little family or with my parents helped me to be strong. I’m so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love me.

And to end my trip in Rome while having a walk with Kris’ mother was something I never dreamed of. Out of everyone, she decided to visit me two weeks before my final runway. It’s such an honor actually, we’ve been never really that close but during these past months, we surely did.

Helen Wu was finally stepped down from her position as the CEO of Wu Global Company and as agreed a year before, Kris replaced her. She’s basically having her free time now that she’s not a busy businesswoman anymore. I was surprised to get her call, telling me to go to the hotel where she stayed. But it was all nice and pleasant to go around the city with her. Sometimes we’re just walking around, the other times I took her to the designer places, she has a wonderful taste as well and she’s happy that I brought her to Milan as well. But it’s her final day in Rome before she went to Guangzhou and her last wish of the day was the gelato, which explained the reason why I was here around the Via della Panetteria.

Here in Rome people could find a lot of gelatoria or pizzeria all around the cities. And as many as they are, the favorites one must have been existed, just like Gelato di San Crispino. It’s famous for people in Rome as well as for the tourists; the store provided so many interesting flavors. And although not everyone would say that it’s the best gelato in Rome, it still didn’t fail to amuse Kris mother. She had been on the honey and ginger gelato, but today she decided to try the caramel one. And as the gelato served, the talk started to follow.

“How do you find me suddenly asked you to have a week off just to accompany me around, Jinah?” she asked me as she adjusted her sunglasses to the top of her head. It’s pretty much sunny today and both of us really need the sunglass to protect us from the light, but it’s nice once we settled around the Travi fountain. It’s less crowded than usual, but people still tossing the coin inside the fountain though.

“Surprising, I must say” I replied, scooping the hazelnut gelato. “I never thought you would ever visit me. No offense, but I don’t think I’m made to be your priority list” I added. She just nodded, flashing a small smile. I just realized that Kris might inherit that kind of smile from his mother.

“Not blaming you as well, I have this annoying image from the very first time we met. No wonder you would feel surprised” she responded.

“I never thought that you would be a match travel companion with me” I said to her. “You appeared more and more like my own mother” I added with a small laugh. Kris mother was not only a good companion for shopping but also a good friend to enjoy the meal and to walk around.

She suddenly looked at the fountain, stopped eating her gelato and as I followed her direction, I noticed that she’s somehow thinking about something. I stay idled, waiting for her to say a word.

“I was once your mother” she said, looking at me with a soft glance. “I was once your mother in law, but that time, I wasn’t really fulfilling the position. I wasn’t a good one” she continued. I gulped a bit as she said the words and I felt a bit nervous about it. I didn’t expect her to talk about something like this, not in the middle of the summer heat as we’re eating a half melted ice cream.

“Jinah” she said, changed her sitting direction right to me, gathering her hands with mine on my laps. “I don’t know how you are going to take this. I must admit that during the first time I saw you, I hate you. You’re suddenly appearing on the frame where I have no idea about your existence in my son’s love life. Because I thought you’re just another supermodel that if he dates anyone from your line of working I would immediately say no, so first of all, it’s not about you, but it’s about the job you’re taking and the common thought of being one”

“The second one, if you noticed, I was always harsh towards you. But unlike his ex-girlfriend, and especially unlike Lana, you didn’t let my superiority towards you made you scared. You talked back, I hate you more for that, but you always said the right thing; which left me baffled. Because I felt as a mother in law back then, you’re just a pretentious wife of my son and I knew that you two weren’t even for a real, so you have to obey my words. I know you’re always being polite to me and the whole family, which I appreciate, but there were days when I felt like I met my match in having an argumentation. I may sound like a harsh mother in law, but I never intend to be” she stopped, leaving me intrigued.

“I hate you too, from the very first time we met” I blurted it out, sneakily looking at her. “And I hate you even more from time to time whenever you scold me, or being cold towards me while I tried my best to appear as your daughter in law” I added, scoffed over my own words. “But I learned a lot from you, Mother”

“I know you do not hate on Kris although you always appeared so hard on him and I know that he does not anywhere near hate you as well. You love him, a lot, I could sense it. And he loves you too, he would never want to disappoint you” I stopped for a while, taking a breath.

I didn’t know why I felt a bit emotional as I talked about this topic, but whatever including my man and his mother, I just knew that it was never easy for both sides. Kris and his mother lost the man in their life, it’s a husband to her, and it’s a father for him. And although I never knew how hard it would be to raise a child on my own, I knew how hard it would be for my own mother if my father was never there for her. And that’s why I adored his mother. Not only she raised her son on her own, she also managed to educate him to be the successful one, the one every mother always wanted their son to be. I’m fully thankful for her to raise this kind of man that I felt fortunate to meet.

“And for that reason, I do too, don’t want to disappoint you. It wasn’t real at first, but I knew that as a daughter in law I have this duty to follow on your lead, as long as it’s not contrary to what I believe” I scoffed as I said it, I knew how rebellious I was back then. She was laughing as well with me and really, his mother looked way as beautiful as she laughed like that. “But really, Mother. You taught me so many things; about being a wife, about putting family over me. And you’re basically teaching me how to face Kris; I always thought I was lack in there...” I shook my head, half giggling.

“You’re not. You’re very good on taming my son” she smiled.

“Jinah” she called me again.

“Yes?”

“I knew I wasn’t a good mother in law and I couldn’t promise you if I could be better, but given the chance that I would be your mother in law again, would you say yes?”

I blinked a few times as I heard her question. It was just so similar like my mother had asked few weeks ago, but the format of the discussion were different, of course. She just asked whether Kris and I are going to bring our relationship into a further step, which left us to the point of being married again. And to be very honest, we both never talked about it and not even brought it up to our daily conversation. We’re enjoying what we have right now, our current relationship.

“Um... well actually...” I really couldn’t say anything. Simply because I have no idea what to answer. Would I want to marry Kris again? Yes, I would. I couldn’t imagine myself seeing another man but him and of course I couldn’t stand the idea of seeing him with another woman. But to say yes to her question probably felt a bit weird.

“I know the intention of your question, Mother. But Kris and I haven’t really talked about this... You know, getting married again...”

She nodded in understanding. “I know it’s not an easy start for you two. The baby lost the divorce... How you two are back as a couple itself already hard. I understand if you two haven’t decided to once again be married. But I doubt he would have another choice other than you for the rest of his life, Jinah”

I smiled to her, that’s a bit too much. Well, yes. I wanted to be with him, he wanted to be with me. But marriage... It wasn’t like we didn’t want to be married; we just wanted to build what we never had the time we’re met previously. Both of us realized that from the very start, it was like an orchestrated drama, the life we’re having. Accidentally sleeping together until I got pregnant, the constant argue about wanting or not wanting the baby, the time when we started to fall for each other but keeping it as secret; those kinds of things were actually once bothered me, whether what I felt for him was real or just because of the situation we’re having. But time proved it; I wanted him, even there’s no baby to be raised together, even there’s no heir to continue his family line. We wanted each other, but we wanted to make sure that if this would lead to further step, we didn’t want to rush it, we wanted everything fell to its place in the perfect timing.

“I doubt myself would want to fall in love again if it’s not with him” I replied, smiling at my own cheesy statement but Kris mother looked at it as the sign that I did consider to be her daughter in law again. And hopefully, forever.

“He grew more mature during his time with you. I started to realize that his ego could be pressed down a bit; it’s shown when he put you and the baby as priority more than anything else without forgetting his duty as the heir. Before, he would want everything to consider his condition. If it’s not a match to him, then he didn’t want to care. You helped him to grow and I don’t see anyone will fit that role but you. I want you to stay with my son, Jinah” she ended her words with a soft grasp on my hand, before taking her hands away from me.

“I’ll take it as a blessing, Mother” I replied politely.

“Sure, you get my blessing. I would be more than glad to welcome you to the family again. Please consider it”

Helen Wu then smiled once again as she patted my hands before she ate her gelato. The topic was changed into the lighter one, about her trip, about her next plan after the retirement, about everything but Kris. I had no idea how Kris would take this news, but for me, it’s already a closure for me and his mother. I had my peace with the monster in law, finally.  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The final runway that I’ve been nervously awaited was come two weeks after my mother in law left Rome and to wrap it perfectly was emotionally made me happy but at the same time, went to tears. Everything was perfect, everything was good. The fitting, the rehearsal, the nonstop shoes changing and walking on the runway, everything really brought all of the models closer. I knew that sometimes there was a case when rivalry between models happened, it also occurred here but people managed to understand that we shared the same goals, to perform as best as we could for this final stage of Gabriella Fuego.

The charming lady always came to our rehearsal, checking on the clothes, the way we walk, the music, everything. I loved her design for this collection, a very simple ready to wear clothes for the summer season. The makeup was no makeup look, ha, tricky! And the hair was made into messy y bun that builds the innocent yet alluring woman in her summer apparel. Gabriella Fuego always made the perfect one and I couldn’t be any happier to be the part of her work. She also came to me a lot, appraising my hair and my look. For her, I had the natural messy bun even for my daily hairdo and that’s somehow reminded me of the important person I haven’t talked to by this time: Mr. Wu.

As I got my makeup finished and my hair done, I sneakily took out my phone to check on him. I felt a bit disappointed to see that there’s no message from him, it’s all from my parents, his mother, Sora, Janice, Tao along with Luhan, and several of my friends, giving me support and the cheers for my last runway here in Europe. But my very own boyfriend seemed to have any other thing to do rather than checking on what his girlfriend up to. I called him; the line was forwarded to the mailbox. I knew it’s still weekday in Seoul, but it’s Friday and it should be around 6 PM there, Kris must have been able to receive my call but he magically didn’t. I tried to call Chen, he didn’t answer as well. But his short text to me at least helped to be at ease, they’re in a middle of important meeting. I quickly forgot my annoyed feeling and texted Kris a supportive message, although he might read it later, but he should know that I’d always be by his side.

When the runway was finally over and the after party held that night, I decided to be a little wild and crazy with my other supermodels friends. A party like this often happened and as the event organizer helped to book the most famous club in Rome, the place was booked for the invitation only. And usually, this would be the best moment to meet the business tycoon or other rich bachelors that possibly interested with those models. Thank God it was not a low class party where a drunken guy could easily molested any woman in the party. We’ve had fun with the snacks, the drinks, the music, the whole event, and although I was already half drunk due to the amount of the liquor I had, I still managed to check on my phone. Still, there’s nothing from Kris. I started to wonder what happened to him, was he that busy until he didn’t call me? Was the work really caught him on that he started to forget my existence? What about the travel back home? Wasn’t he promised that he would pick me up back to Seoul?

All the thought suddenly flooded my mind and in second, I went in tears. I was crying, just like that. No matter how crowded the club, no matter how people started to lose themselves in the music, no matter how weird it was for me to cry in the middle of this party, I still couldn’t stop my tears. Suddenly, I felt so lonely in the crowd.

 

 

I recalled the music that the DJ performed last night. I remembered the voice of my friends and the stylist as they called me to join the toast. I also remembered there was a sudden fight between the models, I didn’t know the reason. I felt so dizzy, I wanted to open my eyes but it’s so hard and I felt like my body was so tired that I couldn’t even move. I groaned as I felt the thirst coming out from my throat. I really have to move my body and opened my eyes. I tried to gain energy but the will to get sleep was bigger than ever, I have to sigh just to add extra power to open my eyes. But I started to think that I was in dreamland although I had my eyes opened.

Sleeping calmly next to me was Kris Wu with his slightly swollen eyes and his lips parted. He looked equally exhausting just like me, I could hear his soft snore but I really couldn’t comprehend how he could be here, next to me, inside my private suit, without me realizing? I blinked few times as I shook my head, trying to wake up although I knew that I’m totally sober. I quickly checked on my phone, it was Saturday and it’s almost lunch time. I must have been passed out last night to not recall how I went back home and how this boyfriend of mine arrived in Rome out of the blue and now lying on the bed with me.

I moved to take a glass of water that was placed next to my bed. I gulped the water, trying to be awake and when I opened my eyes once again, I realized that everything’s real. I’m wide awake, this was not a dream, and Kris was obviously next to me, I noticed his luggage as well near the door to my bedroom. I was lying next to him and watched him, looking at his facial structure and I couldn’t help but smile to myself.

I recalled how I was being so melancholic last night. I was crying because I felt lonely, because I had no one to stay with me. But I knew what the real reason of my tears is, I was crying because I missed him. I missed this tall giant that was always there when I need him. I missed our days together, or simply staying with him in the same room, just do our own things. I missed his touch, his soft kiss on my cheek before leaving the house, or his hug that always comforted me when I’m having a hard time to sleep. I really missed this guy and I couldn’t help to be in tears once again as I watched him sleeping next to me. I didn’t know what happened to me, but I was so sensitive these days and I started to cry as I saw him. It was started as a soft sob but then, I let out pretty loud cries that Kris was awakened due to my cries. He was puzzled with his sleepy face as he saw me crying.

“Jinah? Hey, Honey. What’s wrong?” he asked with his hoarse voice as he quickly changed his position from sleeping to sitting. “Hey, hey, what’s wrong?” he asked as he cupped my face and softly rubbed it with a confuse stare. “Jinah, what’s wrong?”

I looked down as I wiped my tears and then smiled, before I hugged him, having my arms around his neck, effectively closing the gaps between us.

“Ok, so now you’re talking body language with me? Being Italian much does you?” he commented, still confused with what I did but I couldn’t help to smile on my own. I missed this interaction between us, the moment of us staying close together. I noticed he’s not that nervous or confused anymore as he had his arms around my eyes, placing his chin on my shoulder.

“Honey, I’m still so sleepy. Could you please tell me what’s with the tears?” he said softly, kissing the skin that’s not covered by my night gown. He pulled away from me and looked at my face.

It’s my turn to cup his face and smiled. “I miss you” I said in my most spoiled voice, pouting as I saw him.

Kris, showing his gummy smile, was just looking at me with a satisfied face. “Wow, Im Jinah said she misses me! I’m so honored!” he playfully replied, laughing on his own. I smacked on his upper arm, pouting once again.

“And you’re crying because you miss me? Oh come on!” he shook his head, laughing as he knew the reason why I was crying. I smacked his upper arm again; he’s not taking me seriously. Yes, I knew that I was a bit too much, crying because I missed him but I couldn’t help it! I really felt stupid that I cried because I miss him and he’s just laughing at me for that reason.

“I’m being serious here” I told him.

“Well, me too. I’m not joking around to be this happy to know that you miss me, Baby” he said, smiling again. “I miss you too, more than you could imagine”

I stared at him, softly punched his shoulder. “Liar”

“Have I ever not calling you for a day?”

“Yesterday. The whole ing day” I answered, annoyed with the memories

“Language, Miss” he said, pinching on my cheek. “Well, yesterday was an exception”

“Are you planning to surprise me? Cute, but lame” I said to him.

“Cute, yes. Lame, yes. But I know you love it. You’re even crying to see me, hmm? That’s what I call success” he responded, shrugging his broad shoulder. He smiled as he brought me to his hug again, pecking at the top of my head.

“I miss you so much, Im Jinah. I almost jumped to any flight that I could take to see you last week; I couldn’t wait my day off to be arrived as soon as possible. And now that everything’s settled, I’m here”

“I thought you ignored me. You’re not replying any of my texts”

“Easy there, Ma’am. Been on the plane for 16 hours, I couldn’t sleep but I couldn’t contact you as well. It’s hell when I arrived at the airport. And to see you asleep with your party dress, I wasn’t amused” he said as he gave me the look.

“What?” I shrugged.

“The dress was too short and it was too revealing. How did you even manage to get home with that condition safe and sound?”

I rolled my eyes. Oh yes, I forgot. I dated my father! Kris sometimes could act this way; half approving my y outfit when there’s just us two but could be really an annoying commentator if I wore something that he thought was too revealing. And what he did was exactly like what my father did to me back when I was started my career on the runway. He stopped talking to me for a week as he saw me posed in a bikini photo shoot for a summer collection. And I dated a guy who acted exactly like him. What a coincidence.

“It is summer, Kris. You’re not expecting me to wear a long dress with long sleeve and probably covered up to my neck, are you?”

He pouted as he listened to my answer. “At least you made it home” he responded shortly. Uh, this man.

“And speaking of home... How did you even get in?” I asked him in return.

“I told the guard that I’m your boyfriend and a flash of Wu’s name card. Problem solved, I could enter your suit just like that” he replied, smiling. “Aren’t you happy to have me on your bed when you wake up?”

“Crap” I closed his eyes with my eyes but in the end, pecked his lips before I hugged him again. Both of us were laughing until we fell to the bed once again. I was looking at him and he was looking at me and when he slipped his arms around my waist to bring me closer to him, I was somehow knew that it would lead to the thing we’ve been missing for a while. I smiled as I looked at his inviting lips, softly as I traced the outline of his lips; I moved my head closer to him, wanting to taste him.    

“Baby, I love you and I really miss you, I swear I do. But I felt really sleepy right now since I was on plane for 16 hours, so could we please back to sleep for few hours before catching up, hmm?”  

Crap.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We finally woke up somewhere around the evening. Knowing that our bodies need to move around, we decided to have a dinner outside the suit. I wasn’t expected him to go out before me since we planned to go out together but since I need more time to get ready, I told him that it’s fine if he wanted to leave first to the lobby. An hour after I finished my makeup and hairdo, I’m ready to go, but I wasn’t expecting him to do the thing that was presented in front of my eyes.

“A scooter?”

I asked him in confused as I saw him sitting on the scooter right in front of the lobby. Kris Wu and his magical mind was somehow always successfully amazed me.

“It’s not like every day I could give you a ride on scooter” he said, smiling as he patted the seat on his back. “Come here, Signorina”

I pressed a small smile and came for him, and as his usual self, he gave me the helmet. Pink, to my surprise. Somehow it matched well with my crème short and loose caramel petal top.

“I told the rental place that I really need this pink helmet, they somehow still have one of these types” he said, helping me to wear the helmet. I couldn’t say anything but just smiled as I hopped on the scooter and started the ride. Kris and the safety issue, I wouldn’t dare to say any protest to him.

Kris was being a bit playful with the scooter I had to tell him so many times to pay attention. But in the end, I enjoyed the trip he brought for us. We took the small alley that I always take when I was walking around the city, we also made a short stop in some famous places here but our main trip was to Josephine Bistrot, the ‘it’ place for dinner in the city. It’s a mix of Italian culture along with the international one. I’ve been there several times and considering that we’re not looking to be exclusive together, Kris agreed to have some fun night to spend his second night in Rome.

When we walked inside the restaurant, a very strong French influence was felt there along with the stunning interior of the place. I personally loved the cast metal and of course, the mirror. There were so many mirrors inside the restaurant; I shouldn’t be worried to go to the restroom to check on my makeup. The overall interior was amusing and I’m glad that Kris enjoyed this place as well. Knowing him, Kris was not a person who favored crowded place but in one or two occasions he always tried to mingle. And I’m happy that for tonight, he wasn’t even trying; he’s really enjoying this place.

The food was served well; both of us enjoyed whatever we had for dinner. And the manager of the restaurant was so kind that night, she gave us a complimentary wine. Kris, and his love for wine, felt so happy to drink it and said that he felt so blessed that he just arrived in Rome but already served with one of the best wine he ever tasted. I’m not a big fan of wine so I wouldn’t know what he meant with “the best wine”, but I acknowledged that this wine was so good and that the manager wasn’t intentionally showed some parts of her cleavage when she personally served the wine for my man. I forgot sometimes how handsome he was that a lot of woman tried to seduce him although I knew that he only looked at me. Still, I felt insecure.

On the way back, we parked the scooter and had a walk around the residences. It was so nice to have a late night walk with a lot of people hanging out, drunk, or messily made out under the road lamps. I could only shake my head as I saw them touching each other improperly, ignoring my presence along with Kris. Funny part, he just shrugging his shoulder and took my hand, intertwining our fingers so we could walk closer together.

“So this is the area where you always have a walk, Miss Im?” he asked me when we walked around Piazza della Madonna dei Monti. I nodded, walking to the side of the road. At night, usually this place was filled with the local people who wanted to hangout, either after work or after class, but tonight, it was a bit empty. It’s two in the morning and rather than seeing people hanging out around the fountain, I saw several people having trouble with their drunken friends.

“It’s fun around here. One of my friends who are the model from here took me around and if you’re a tourist in the city, you better go here. Everything is cheaper and you get to see the local habit, up-close and personal” I replied. I recalled those days when I wandered around the city with Hilda and Lola, my guide back when I first adjusted to the city.

“My mother told me about the gelato”

“Mm-hmm, di San Crispino” I nodded. “She loves it”

Kris looked at me and as we walked closer to the fountain, he took me there and sat on the stairs. The summer night was getting deeper and deeper; our half drunk state boosted the mood to enjoy it. I was having my head on his shoulder with our hands locked to each other, relaxing our self as we listened to the sound of the water in the fountain. The sound was somehow calming the hot night. I knew I was drunk although I was not a good drinker, I always felt almost puking whenever I drink and that’s why I was always easily knocked down; I’m not good with alcohol. I felt exhausted, light-headed, and of course, sleepy. Having Kris’ arm as my pillow surely helped to get sleepier, but I didn’t want to end the day yet.   

“She bragged about spending the day with you here” he started, letting a small chuckle.  “She told me that you two were having a day out. Shopping, eating gelato, going for fashion show... Was it fun?”

I looked at him and nodded, smiling to myself. “She’s better than I thought” I replied. “Does she like me?”

Kris raised one of his eyebrows. “What not to like about you? I bring the right woman to home” he said, tapping the tip of my nose, making me closing my eyes and pulling back from him, surprised with the nose touching.

“Well...” I said as I regained the composure. “There are so many things not to like about me”

“Hmm?”

“I can’t cook; I only know how to eat but don’t know how to make one. I’m careless and a bit messy-“

“Oh, no no. You’re totally messy” Kris said, correcting me before he laughed, big time.

“Kris!” I pinched his cheek and he stopped the laugh, feeling the pain.

“I know I’m such an untidy person, unlike you” I said, pouting.

“That’s ok. We hired the maids for that particular reason”

“But I want to take care of you” I blurted out the words, making him looked at me once again.

“The feeling is mutual” he said, smiling as he fix the front part of my hair, putting the hair behind my ears. “I want to take care of you too” he added.

I chuckled but smiled, cupping his face and kissed his plump lips shortly. I missed those lips; I missed how it moved around mine. But it’s still outside the room, if we’re to get touchy, there’s no way I wanted to do it in public. Kris pulled back and suddenly shared a smile, a sly one, and usually that would be followed by something equally naughty.

Kris stood up and looked at the fountain. I stood up next to him and exchanged look between the fountain and him. I have a feeling that it would be kind of-

“Oh God! Kris!” I couldn’t say anything else as I felt the cold water in the fountain. Yes, my boyfriend just threw me inside the fountain. Why didn’t he just do it inside the Travi fountain instead? Crap. Before I protested him, I heard another splash and when I turned around, I found him inside the fountain as well.

“Kris! What are you doing?!” I asked him, confused. I had all my body drenched with the water. I noticed that the fountain was not deep but it’s enough to wet me, as well as Kris. His hair was half wet, with his shirt stick to his body due to the water. I looked at myself and realized that my clothes were now felt kind of sticky against my skin.

“Isn’t this fun?” he asked me, still letting out his gummy laugh. I chuckled and couldn’t say anything. I noticed several people who walked there were looking at us but they decided that we’re drunk, and it’s normal for drunken people here to suddenly jump inside the fountain.

“Seriously, your idea of having fun was a bit crazy here, Kris” I responded.

“But it’s fun, we couldn’t jump into a fountain every day, Baby” he said, reasoning. I just rolled my eyes, but in the end, smiled at him.

I’m happy we’re together again. I’m happy that finally the hard one year of being separated finally paid off. I’m definitely going home with this man, who appeared very gentle and cold outside, but inside, was such a loving man. At this point, I really couldn’t care about anything else but us. This would be our 4th year since the first time we met and I still couldn’t believe that we managed to pass any kind of obstacles we’re having during the hardship of our relationship.

The accidental night back then was now viewed as fate. That maybe, this would be the way I met my other half, throughout an unexpected meeting. I had good days and bad days with him; we learned about each other and tried to understand one another. I might have flaws and he might have it as well, but we knew that together, we completed each other. There’s no way I would ever want to be separated from him, oh no, enough with the idea of separation.

“Why the fountain?” I asked him, walking closer to him once he stopped splashing the water towards me. We’re having a small water fight and just like he said, it’s fun! Both of us were drenched, but since the summer night was kind of hot, it’s perfect to get wet at this time.

“We’re in Italy, fountain is something common to find” he replied but then he walked to me, looking at me with his pretty eyes. Even from his eyes I could feel the happiness feeling he’s having.

“Since I arrived here, didn’t you notice something?”

“Hmm? What?” I asked him, trying to remember the day of his arrival.

“We went here using the scooter, just like those Romans do”

“Mmhmm”

“We spent the night like the local do, as well. The restaurant, the dinner, the dance, everything”

I nodded, acknowledging his words.

“And as I saw the fountain, I felt like we should just jump inside and play with the water”

“But I saw the police caught people who’s jumping inside the fountain” I told him, as I looked at him. He was caught off but then his smirk appeared back to his handsome face.

“Well, whatever, just do like the Romans do” and with that words, he brought my body closer to him as he placed his arm around my waist and kissed me open mouth. The kiss was wet, wild, but still felt amazing. I cupped his face as we kept kissing, feeling each other, ignoring the claps and comments from people who’s walking around the area as they passed the fountain, looking at us kissing.

When we pulled back, I couldn’t help but laughing. Kris was laughing as well. That was just crazy, we haven’t really kissed since we met yesterday and for him to kiss me with all of his heart always felt different and I knew it. Kris was still feeling happy and high after the kiss, too ignorant to notice that I was looking at him and after seconds of thinking, jumping on him.

“Oh wow. What’s happening here?” he asked me as he securely held me on my waist with my legs around his waist and my arms on his shoulder.

“I’ve seen this girl doing this to her boyfriend. And I think I want to try. When in Rome, let’s just do what the Romans do” I said before I tilted my head to kiss him once again.

Kris was as I ran my fingers to the back of his hair and neck, kissing him deeper and deeper. This time, he’s the one who tilted my head and kissed me senseless to the point I couldn’t think of anything else but his kiss and his touch, of course. We went really crazy once our tongue involved, we totally forgot that we’re being watched by the passerby. As we started to feel exhaustion due to the passionate kiss, it’s really been a while to have him like this. I was still locking my body around him, looking at his swollen lips that went red due to the kiss. I softly traced it using my thumb, laughing at myself that we’re wet, we’re in a foreign country, and we just kissed like crazy. I looked at him and Kris only gave me the sly look.

“You, Lady. Home, now”

We would be waking up late again, I guess.   

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello, Guys!

Finally I could update this story again. Last week was unplanned. I supposed updated the story but I got my foreigner friend came to my house in my hometown, so yeah; I should be a good guide for him. But now I’m back.

This chapter was supposed to be a full long chapter with the next one, but unfortunately, it was too long to combined as one so I made this chapter as the pre-part before Chapter 47. I hope you all like it; the next chapter would be kind of the closure of everything, so in order to show you everything I will need to work on it pretty hard. It would be long, it would be more on Kris and Jinah before other casts got their portion of update. It would be everything people had been waiting for.

Will it be rated? Well. Yes.

See you around!

 

xoxo,

yuriyaa