After Us

Perfect Timing

"After Us"

 

Song: Maroon 5 - Unkiss Me

 

“I’m going to tell you something, but don’t change your direction whatever I tell you, okay?”

“Okay”

“On your left, I think that’s Im Jinah”

“What?!!!”

“Do- Don’t turn! She’ll notice you!”

“Oh my God! You’re right! That’s Im Jinah!”

“. I don’t know if she’ll hear you or not, hopefully she won’t”

“Wow. That’s Im Jinah... She’s totally not look like human”

“Yeah, right? It’s like we’re just a dust in the middle of this room compared to her. Do you think she did a plastic surgery? I mean... look at her skin”

“Her legs, it’s no joke... How could you have perfect legs like that while mine??? She’s so pretty”

“She’s so slim...”

“Her hair is so great. Do you think how much will it cost to have a hair like her?”

“Just from her bag and clothes, you can tell that you have to work forever in your life in order to live in luxury like her”

“Isn’t it given by her ex-husband?”

“Kris Wu? Isn’t she the one who asked for a divorce? Did he still have to give her money to support her life?”

“I don’t know... I mean, if she’s working and could live very well without a man since she could support herself, what’s the point marrying that guy?”

“You’re totally not romantic. They used to have a baby together...”

“Ah, yeah... the accident. That’s horrible. Heard that Hwang Su Ah was moved to a special treatment clinic, she’s actually having an ill mind”

“Half crazy, huh? I think I’ll do the same if my boyfriend is still in love with his ex, which looks like Im Jinah. Come on...”

“You better kill yourself though” 

“You !”

“You know? Even when she’s being idle, she still looks perfect. I wonder what’s on her ex-husband mind to let go a perfect woman like her.”

“Maybe he has a temper? She’s the one who asked for divorce, remember? Oh it’s really wild the time their divorce issue reached the media. Both parties never released a statement aside from the fact that they’re officially not in a marriage anymore”

“Do you think it’s because Kim Woobin? You know, he’s such a hot bachelor recently after his ex-fiancé permanently moved to the clinic”

“What? Like Im Jinah get back with him? Kris Wu looks better though compared to Kim Woobin?”

“Kim Woobin is hot as hell... He’s older, he looks more mature”

“You always like older guy”

“It’s Kim Woobin... Hello...”

“I think she has another boyfriend... She fits a rich guy who owned a huge business. She could just live there, be the lady of the family and take care of the children”

“Yeah, her babies probably look perfect just like her...”

“She would make great baby, be it with Kris Wu or Kim Woobin. Don’t you think?” 

“Hmm... Well...”

I sighed and closed my eyes. I’ve been trying to not listen to those women who talked about me right in front of me. They thought I couldn’t hear what they’re talking about, but actually I heard every single word they said about me. I was attempted to stand up and told them to shut up, but it would mean causing a new scene. I should be really careful with my acts; I should not make a problem with the media.

It’s more than a half year already since the news of my separation with Kris got published. It’s chaotic, everything suddenly felt so bad and crazy. I couldn’t spend a day without being chased by the reporters which happened to Kris as well. Never a day left without a reporter managed to get close to me to ask about the divorce. But it’s a bit better when I got guards to help protecting me from the paparazzi, which was revealed as Kris’ person. I couldn’t say no though, since the guards really helped me well. But a month after their appearance, I really asked them to stop protecting me. It wouldn’t be wise for me to still using his help after we divorced. I didn’t hear him protesting the idea though, but probably it would be the best solution. We stopped communicating after the divorce though.

It wasn’t easy to live the day after the separation. The first four months were the hardest; never had I spent a day without crying at the end of the day. I looked like zombie, the dark circles shown clearly under my eyes and I always looked like I wanted to be dead every time. I started to cut any relationship with people around me; I reduced the time to go out and just stayed at my apartment. The closest person in my life was only my parents and Sora, aside from Minkyung who accompanied me every day at work. Oh, working was the best escape that I could do although the risk of meeting reporters were higher since I could be spotted at the places where I worked that day.

My management had been very professional as well as supportive towards my decision about the divorce. I thought I would be getting a reduction of work since my image wasn’t really good after the divorce, but thank God, it didn’t happen that way. I kept working like usual and even got a chance to go outside the country for a while to do photo-shoot there. It was a good escapism though, although I knew that I couldn’t runaway forever from the reality. And with that thought, I gave up.

I started to realize that isolating my life from the other wouldn’t make my problem went away; I could get depressed, I could go crazy if I kept continued the way I lived the past months, so I started to wake up. There’s no use for me to keep feeling blue and down, I was the one who decided to take this way so I have to learn living it, including listened to those people commenting about my life; either feeling bad for me or assuming that I was the gold digger, claiming that I only wanted to collect the divorce money to enrich myself. I sometimes really wanted to slap a person, who talked like that about me, but I knew the truth, my closest friends and family knew it as well, and that’s the most important thing.

I could tell that I finally could accept the harsh reality, that I could live without Kris. I’ve done with those sleepless teary nights and days; it’s time for me to move on. I was tired thinking of the possibility of me getting back at him; those days when I felt like wanting to go to his place and told him the truth, the urge to call him and hear his voice. It was really tempting, to get back with him. But one day, I woke up and I thought that I’m done with that. I’m tired; I just wanted to live my recent life. And here I am.

I checked on my phone and read Sora’s text; she’s waiting for me at the shopping mall. But while waiting for me to be there, she’s going to have a quick kitchen shopping. Sora was so into decorating her house recently after she delivered a cute and healthy baby boy, Kangwoo. It was so hard for her to leave Kangwoo, but since Sora need to take a rest as well – she usually called me at two in the morning, telling that she’s feeding Kangwoo and she shouldn’t be asleep- Yoochun oppa gave her a day off and asked me to accompany her for a mall trip.

I sighed, knowing that when I left the cafe I should look like I didn’t hear anything those women talked about me. They’re still talkign about me, about my appearance, about what I do for living, anything. I closed my eyes before I wore my sunglasses and walked with confidence passing them. I need to believe in myself, that I could do this and pass every problem I have. Because if I don’t even believe in myself, who would?

When I arrived at the shopping mall, I decided to just wait for Sora at the male apparel store. Sora wanted to give Yoochun oppa a set of new suit, he went to a lot of formal events she thought that he needed a new one. I agreed since this was my field, choosing the right apparel for a guy.

I was looking around the shop, checking on the latest style and material. I suddenly recalled the day I shopped with Kris, choosing him the right suit and tie, it was crazy that day. I felt like buying the whole store just because Kris looked great in everything. I bit my lower lips as I recalled those memories, checking on the suit that’s put on the mannequin.

“Miss, sorry” I heard someone called me and patted my back, making me turning around. A woman smiled at me brightly once we exchanged glance. “Sorry to interrupt you” she said in perfect English although her face was totally Asian. “Could you please help me?”

The woman needed my help to decide on what kind of shirt and suit should she got for her man. I asked her the details, like his size, the kind of materials that fit him and other technical things that could help me to decide what suit that would look great on him.

“He’s tall, he’s pretty much having a broad shoulder I guess” she said, imagining her man, probably.

“How tall he is?” I asked her. She examined my posture and told me that his chin must have been on top of my head. I was taken back a bit; it was just like Kris. His chin fell at the top of my head every time he hugged me. I always felt like I was wondering around, thinking of everything related with Kris. The woman looked at me in confuse, but then I smiled to her and focused to get her the right suit.

She introduced me her name as I got busied chose the shirt and the suit. Audrey Liu, she said. Chinese grew in London, she had been staying in Seoul for several days along with her mother, but since her mother was meeting with her acquaintance, she wanted to have a day off by looking around the city.

“I couldn’t speak Korean” she said, smiling awkwardly. As I looked at her, she looked really beautiful when she smiled and talked. I like her choice of clothes; it’s a Diesel jeans I could tell, paired with a gorgeous petals end blouse. The heels were pretty as well along with her simple clutch bag. I knew she’s not just a commoner pretty woman, judging from her necklace and bracelet, a set from Cartier, I noticed it. Audrey’s really a beautiful woman.

“So you’re buying this for your boyfriend?” I asked her. 

“Fiancé” she corrected for me, smiling.

“Fiancé... and you don’t know his size?” I . She let out a graceful chuckle and nodded quickly.

“We’ve just met each other; my parents introduced me to him. I thought I wouldn’t like him, but these past months had been good. We decided to get married”

“Just in months? Wow...”

“I just knew that it’s him I’ve been wanting all the time. It’s good that my parents were actually who introduced us, I’m sure he’s a good man” she said again.

I appointed her the shirt and suit that I recommended and she looked at me in a bit confused expression.

“Would he like the neutral color? He seemed to like patterned material” she looked a bit hesitant.

“There’s nothing wrong with neutral color, this one should be good for any occasion” I reasoned. “But if you want to buy the pattern one, I think-“

Audrey quickly shook her head. “No, no. I think this one should be great. He usually wore the neutral color as well though. It’s okay”

“It’s important to buy the right one; you don’t want your man to wear the suit just because he felt obligated to wear it since you’re buying it for him. You should be thinking of him as you buy it” I told her.

“You must experience this kind of thing... I rarely date seriously; I don’t think I would know what to do in dating life. Was I crazy to say yes to him when he proposed me two weeks ago?” she looked at me with a cute fuzzy face. Audrey did look pretty and gorgeous, no wonder the male shop assistant kept glancing at her.

I let out a small smile. “You know, Audrey. If you feel like it, you should say yes. When you’re so sure about your feeling towards the man you love, you should never hesitate”

Audrey looked at me and then gave a knowing expression.

“Hmm... A minute. I think I’ve seen you somewhere” she said suddenly, narrowing her eyes. I just smiled and not saying anything. This mall had like five pictures of me on its wall; I wouldn’t be surprised if she said she saw me somewhere.

“Are you done shopping?” I asked her, she nodded in sure.

Sora told me to wait for her at the coffee shop, she suddenly felt hungry. feeding, she reasoned. I still accompanied Audrey as we walked together to the lobby of the mall; she invited me for a dinner in her hotel suite, but I told her I already had an appointment.

“It was nice to talk with you, Miss Im” she said politely.

“Just Jinah” I corrected for her.

“Hmm, okay Jinah. It’s nice meeting you. I’ll let you know what my fiancé thought about this shirt, he’s kind of ignorant sometimes, but when I gave him gift, he usually the one who got excited” Audrey told me, grinning cutely.

“It’s nice meeting you as well” I said as she pulled me for a warm hug. Audrey must have been having a lot of friends, she’s such a sweetheart.

“Yifei?”

Audrey pulled away from me the same time I moved back to my position. And then she mentioned a name I haven’t heard for the past months.

“Oh, Yifan!”

I’ve always imagined what would it feel to see him again. Would we be awkward? Would we ignore each other? Or would he approached me like there’s nothing between us? Would I be ready to see him? What if I’m scared to look at him? But none of it seemed to happen when he finally appeared.

Kris was standing in front of me, so real and alive. His icy eyes pierced right through my heart, giving me his usual glare with his face remained stoic. We finally met again. But once our eyes met, he didn’t say anything and looked away from me.

This wasn’t just my imagination.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

He’s been away from Seoul for more than three months. I lost the count when I didn’t hear anything about him since he left the country. From what I heard, he’s having a work in Canada and after that, he never came back. For the time being, the Wu Global Company only being handled by his mother only. And that’s all; I really didn’t hear anything else about him. But then I saw him here, at the mall, with his usual dark suit attire and a flat expression he always showed.

When I caught his eyes and he looked back at me, I knew that both of us were surprised to see each other like this. Audrey or Yifei –like he called her- walked to him and smiled happily as she moved closer to him. It was not hard for me to finally realize the fiancé Yifei had been talking about. It’s him; Kris. Funny, how I was imagining him wearing those shirts and suit, while in the end, Audrey really gave it for him, for Kris Wu.

I didn’t know if it’s because I’ve been feeling so flat the past few months or what, but I couldn’t even reacted to the fact that he’s with another woman. Yifei was shorter than me but for some reason, her petite figure looked comfortable and matched well with Kris tall body. And I could only stand there, looking how Yifei told him about her shopping bags and she appointed me. Yifei was talking in English but Kris then just responded in Chinese and before she could say anything else, he turned around and walked out from the lobby to get inside his car that was waiting outside.

“Hi Jinah, I’m sorry. My wanted me to go back to the hotel. I’ll call you later on okay?” she said as she waved her phone. “Thanks for today! Bye!” and just by that, Yifei walked to the car, leaving me all alone.

I was still standing there when I saw her got in the car and I saw a glimpse of his legs, covered on his perfectly tailored black suit. I was just standing there, motionless, until the car left the lobby and I was awakened to the fact that the worst scenario I’ve ever imagined about me meeting him was really happened. He ignored me.

“I really couldn’t believe it” Sora commented as she munched on her donuts. She shook her head so many times after I told her the story about me seeing Kris.

“Are you sure it’s Kris and you’re not being delusional, Jinah?”

I just glared towards her and Sora nodded in understanding. “There’s no way you would see him wrong” she commented.

“It’s okay” I responded, shrugging as I played with my cake.

“Don’t say things in contrary. It’s not okay. You’re not fine. You’ve just chosen a suit for you ex-husband through his recent fiancé” she said. “You haven’t seen him for months, there’s no way that it’s okay”

“So what do you want? Do you wish for me to cry again? To be sad all over again over him?”
Sora put her fork on the cake plate and looked at me with an understanding stare.

“I know what you felt; I’m your best friend. I just want you to be honest, Jinah. Why you’re always telling yourself that everything is okay when it’s exactly not? Why are you always hurting yourself first?”

“Sora...”

“I should really never promise you that day. If he’s just going to ignore you like you two never knew each other like this, then what’s the point keeping thing for him? It’d be so much better if he knew the truth and fight for you two” Sora said coldly. When she decided to be the firm one in our friendship, no one could stop her.

“Sora, I’ve learned to live without him”

“And you can’t”

“Not yet” I corrected her words. “Stop looking at me like you pity me, Sora”

“I am. I couldn’t stop pitying you and your stupid thought of not telling Kris the truth”

“Sora...” I called her name, sighing as I held her hand. “I always prayed to God to let Kris be happy, to let him meet someone that would make his life happier and better than I could. And now that I met him, I’m sure that my wish had been granted”

Sora looked at me again and shook her head slowly.

“I would never understand the way you think, Jinah. But one thing for sure, you’re so pathetic if you told me that you’re happy for him to have another woman less than a year after you two separated” she said.

I couldn’t say anything to reply her, because what she said was indeed true. I didn’t feel happy at all to know the fact that he’s with another woman. But at the same time, I couldn’t feel the jealous feeling. It was mixed, my feeling for him.

“Maybe he’s never meant to be for you from the very start, Jinah” Sora added as she concluded our discussion about Kris.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Sora was right, I was pathetic. I was pretending that I’m happy and relieved to see Kris finally got another woman to replace me, to let him built a family, to be the mother of his children. I wasn’t happy at all. I regretted leaving him and not holding on him.

And seeing how easy it was for him to replace my position, I really thought that maybe we’re really not meant to be together.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“We really shouldn’t be seen together Jinah” Woobin oppa said as he shook his head, looking down.

“People like the rumors” I commented shortly, sipping the wine.

“So you’re planning to make it real? You want to be the main course ready to be served on the table?” he chuckled, playing with his own glass.

“Sometimes I couldn’t tell what the real and unreal thing is. People like to imagine how my life would be; they created the unimaginable life of me, Oppa. Why don’t we just show them that their imagination was true? That I left Kris to be with you? Hmm?”

Woobin oppa sighed and took the glass away from my hand. I insisted to hold on it a little longer, but what happened next wasn’t planned. The glass handle was broken and it tore some part of my skin. In seconds, my hand was bleeding. Woobin oppa quickly stood up as he placed the napkin to cover the bleeding part.

“Sit here and wait for me, you should not move anywhere” he said firmly, standing to look for some medical kit, I guess. I was hissed at the pain that was felt around my skin, biting my lower lips to give me a support.

“And stop drinking” he warned me before he really left to find the bartender.

I looked away from my hand and checked around the room. The bar was not really full; it was a limited liquor bar with exclusive entrance; only the member of this premium bar could enter the luxurious bar. Privacy was something the bar offering, you wouldn’t be easily spotted here; that’s why a lot of public figures held meeting here, because they’re secluded from the paparazzi who usually followed them day and night.

Following my trip to Europe where I’d be going for a holiday, I knew I should at least make a proper farewell. It wasn’t like I was leaving the country forever, but the thought of not seeing anyone else in such a long time was kind of made me a bit blue. I probably would go for a Euro trip for a while, all by myself. I’ve told my parents, they just reminded me to call them. With Sora and baby Kangwoo, I’ve done a sweet farewell as well. To those management team members, to my fellow model friends, I’ve met everyone accordingly, but never to Woobin oppa.

I knew I wasn’t in a good terms with him, especially since the accident that affecting my life this much. But he helped me a lot to get through whatever happened after I left Kris at the resort in Jeju. He’s the one who’s there when I needed an escapism from the Kris who wouldn’t stop calling and begging to meet me. I asked Woobin oppa to be the shield, to make Kris away from me. He knew that he has a high possibility being hated by Kris, but Woobin oppa still did it anyway.

He wanted to pay whatever he’s done directly and indirectly that affected my life. He just wanted me to feel better and protected me. I was thankful towards his acts, but I told him that no matter how hard he tried, I couldn’t let the pain of losing my baby covered with his kindness. I lost my baby, I lost the ability to have baby again, and I have to bear losing the man I love; indirectly because of him. But I’m done thinking the "what if", this is the life I have now. I should be facing it.

Woobin oppa in the end knew the fact that I have a very few possibilities to get pregnant again. He didn’t say anything aside from promising me that he wouldn’t tell anyone about it. And that’s enough, I didn’t ask him much. We’re having a better relationship though; we talked about the past and what had happened during the time after we broke up. We finally could say that we’re better remained as a good old friend for each other.

“Give me your finger” he said before gently put away the napkin and rubbed my bleeding finger with the clean napkin. I just watched him taking care of my finger until he put an aid band to cover the part where my skin tore.

“It’s done” he said, patted the aid band softly. “It’s not bad, hmm?” I shook my head. “Thank you”

“It’s nothing”

“I’m going to miss your company” I said to him, half smiling.

“You better be” he responded. “Let’s go home. It’s late already and you shouldn’t stay too late” he gave me his hand to hold.

I stood up and without telling him anything, I came to him and hugged him, my hands circling his neck.

“Jinah...” he called my name, warning me that I shouldn’t be that clingy towards him. But I just knew that the chance of us being a close friend was almost zero, we’re planning to have a good separation right when I travel to Europe and he’s living his usual work in Seoul, before heading to New York, starting to work on the branch of the company there. And that’s why I hugged him.

“Thank you, Woobin oppa”

“Don’t get melancholic like this...”

“I’m thankful I’ve once knew a very good man like you” I said again, still hugging him.

“I’m happy to know you as well” he replied, hugging me back. 

“Be good, hmm?”

I nodded as I closed my eyes and enjoyed his warmth.

“Take care, Oppa”

I would never be good with separation. But I really have to say a farewell to him. 

Goodbye, Woobin oppa.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I kept running and running although my body felt so tired and sore already. I knew I should stop, but the past few months I found that having my body exercised helped me to sleep better and when I couldn’t feel anything due to the soreness I felt all over my body, I started to dare myself thinking about her again.

Whenever I felt tired and sore due to the excessive workout, I wouldn’t feel anything. I could remember her, imagining her staying here next to me while still protecting myself. 

I wouldn’t feel like I wanted to die when I felt so tired while trying to picture her by my side. Sometimes I felt so sad to see myself in this condition, but it’s good so far. My body got used to the condition of thinking her only when I was tired, but it’s kind of addictive though. I preferred to work out every day just to think of her. I wouldn’t dare imagining her when I was working, when I was in my sober condition. It would be only when I felt exhausted; just like how exactly it felt to love her, exhausting.

I decided to end my work out and headed directly to the shower. Once I got myself cleaned, I changed into the grey pants and loose white shirt I wore for sleep. I took my gym bag to head out from the sport center, back to my suite. I started to feel drowsy as I waited for the elevator to bring me to my floor. There, thinking that I could snuggle in between her neck and shoulder really tempted me that I could only sigh and shake my head, clearing my mind.

Walking inside the suite, I placed the dirty clothes to the laundry basket and took a sip of the mineral water. Heading to my bedroom, I threw my body to the comfortable bed and sighed deeply. It’s really exhausting and tiring, I should be sleeping right away but I couldn’t do it tonight. Every time I tried to close my eyes, all I saw was her, again and again.

I was never imagined the day finally came, the day I would be seeing her again after leaving the country. I was so surprised to see her get along pretty well with Yifei, I couldn’t understand how those two could meet and be that comfortable towards each other. I saw her smiling as she talked to Yifei, I saw her looking fine. I’m glad she still looks pretty as usual, unlike me who grew slimmer every day. I felt my jaw looked too sharp recently and doctor said that it was due to the weight loss that happened so fast within my body. But it’s good to finally seeing her again.

I always wonder what it would be to see her again after the separation. I imagined being normal with her, to act casual when she’s around. I wondered what we would do when we see each other again. I wanted to hate her, but I never really have the courage to do it. I secured her place in my heart that although it’s empty right now, I knew she stayed there. So when we finally seeing each other again, how fast my heart suddenly beating proven that the feeling was still there, on which I couldn’t do anything about. When our eyes met, it’s getting worse though. I felt like I didn’t know what to do and I wasn’t ready to meet her so I ended up put my attention to something else and asked Yifei to go back to the hotel since we have to meet our parents.

I was so attempted to look back at her, but I knew that the more I looked at her the more I could grow crazy. The pain was still there, the day she said she didn’t love me and that everything we had was a mistake, I still felt the sting of her words and how it broke my heart. Almost a year not seeing her was still not enough for me to erase those memories. But probably, it wouldn’t and couldn’t be erased. She would still stay there and the feeling would still linger, and that’s why I should not see her anymore. Our meeting could make everything I’ve done to move on back to zero again. And no, I didn’t want to hurt my heart anymore.

I stood up from my sleeping position, feeling annoyed that I couldn’t stop thinking of her. I should not even thinking about her though, but the image of her smiling or how she could pout cutely when I didn’t do the things she wanted me to do keep running in my mind. I sighed and walked to the bathroom, turning on the warm water in the bathtub. A warm bath should help me to sleep. I really should stop thinking about her.

Right when I’m about to close the bathroom door, my phone rang. I was thinking to ignore it, but when Chen’s name appeared on the screen I knew that I should be taking this call.

“It’s started, Hyung. All the board member was requesting a voting to choose the next CEO for Wu Global Company. They want to stop you from automatically chosen as the future leader of the company”

Upon hearing the news from him I could only bite my lower lips and looked down. I knew this would happen, ever since I left the company for months, living my life in Vancouver. I knew this is the time for me to wake up and fight for what my father had been developed the past years along with my mother unending hard work to keep the legacy of my father.

No time for nap. I really need to work my on this.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I looked out to the outside view from the boarding room. The evening view of Seoul sky was so beautiful. There’s no star tonight, but the sky still looked beautiful. The sentimental feeling came up on me, on how I’m going to leave the country, how I would spend the next two months away from the place I’m living in.

I touched my left ring finger slowly, realizing that I didn’t have the sweet diamond ring I used to have there. It’s the wedding ring; the one Kris gave to me on our wedding ring. I always wonder how he knew the size of my finger while we’re preparing the wedding in such a rush hour. It became a habit for me to touch the ring whenever I was in doubt, whenever I felt confuse, didn’t know what to do. But since I left it at the resort, on the night stand next to Kris; I didn’t put any replacement on my ring finger. It’s plain, but the habit lingered.

For once, I thought that it would be a good idea to call on Kris and meet him. At least I should say sorry for him, the way we ended this relationship was so abrupt. I knew that time I couldn’t wait any longer; the more I delayed it, the harder it would be to end it. But now that we’re separated, I felt a little obligated to say sorry to him. I wanted us to separate in a good way, although I knew that I’ve hurt him so bad. With that thought, I went to his hotel, planning to see him and talking to him. Saying goodbye as well, I didn’t know when I planned to go back to this country after taking a rest in Europe.

But even before I could see him and talk to him, I knew that I was having my hope too high. I was about to walk to him when I saw him getting out from his car followed by Audrey who’s walking hand in hand with him. I forgot the fact that he’s starting his new life already, with Audrey, the fiancée. I stopped at my stop, hidden from his view and with the thought that I wasn’t wanted here, I turned back and without thinking twice, leaving the hotel. It’s over between us.

I really wanted to cry, to let out what I felt in my heart, but I ended up just taking a long breath before driving back to my apartment, preparing the final packing of my luggage that I’m going to bring to Europe. Maybe I’m tired crying over him for months, maybe my heart adjusted to the pain that’s lingered there, unresolved. And maybe finally, I could let go of him. No pain, no hard feeling, just an acceptance that it’s the end for both of us.

I sighed as I closed my eyes. I was about to start my new life as well. If he could move on, then I would be as well. I decided to enjoy some warm drink before the flight, feeling a bit unwell from the changed of the weather from the cold autumn to the freezing winter. I noticed that everyone in the lounge was so into the news broadcasted in the TV, I looked to the TV as well and what I saw really surprised me.

There has been a huge movement inside the Wu Global Company. As for now, the whole board member were gathering and separated into two groups, one is supporting Kris Wu to be the next CEO while the other opposed this given system, thinking that the company would go better without Kris Wu. As we all know, Kris Wu is the heir of the Wu family and he’s expected to have all the assets of Wu family under his name once he’s holding the CEO position. The current CEO, Mrs. Helen Wu, the mother of Kris Wu, already sounding her resignation and upon this information, the members wants a quick voting to decide who’s going to be the next CEO. Until this news broadcasted, Kris Wu has not yet seen leaving the W Hotel as well as giving any statement, whether it’s directly from him or his representative. This movement surely would affect the stock value of Wu Global Company

The news showed the condition at the hotel where all the board members appeared come or leave at the lobby, but there’s no footage of Kris there. I felt worried for him, what would he do at this kind of situation? This company was everything for him, I knew it for sure. His mother must have been accompanying him, but I felt uneasy after hearing the news of him. I really felt tempted to call him, asking him whether he’s okay or not. I walked back to my seat to take on my phone. I should call him; but when I’m about to move to a quiet side of the boarding room the staff called on me.

“Ma’am, it’s boarding time already. You should get inside the plane”

I exchanged looked at my phone and to the gate of the airplane. I was contemplated for a while, biting my lower lips, thinking. I really hate to choose.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

 

Hello, Love!

I promised you double update, but while I’m editing the next chapter, please enjoy this one. Let me know what you have in mind! Thanks!

xoxo, 

yuriyaa