The Interview

Perfect Timing

 

"The Interview"

 

 

Dark screen turned into a view of Kris and Jinah on their living room. Kris checked on the camera, adjusting its position so it could capture both of them well. Jinah, sitting next to him, checking on her appearance as she looked so domestic on her loose shirt and messy hair bun, she only wore her facial cream and eyeliner, nothing else. Kris also wearing his shirt with his dark hair pulled down, he’s also not putting any make up or so. They were looking all plain.

“Is it already on?” Jinah asked, looking on her face in the screen.

“Yes... I think we can start...” he replied, taking on the paper on the table, placing it on his lap.

“This is so funny... this is my first time doing this on my own, not with any interviewer or reporter” Jinah said, peeking on the paper and smiled to Kris.

“It’ll be fun...” Kris responded, checking on the paper once again. “Let’s start”

Jinah cleared before started to talk to the video recorder.

“Hello... This is Im Jinah and this is Kris Wu, my husband... And...” she stopped talking, looking at Kris.

“And we’re here to help one of our friends, Minkyung, who’s having her own personal blog, to do a short interview about us” Kris continued.

“Minkyung, I’m doing you a favor here... We’re receiving questions and we’ll answer it as honest as possible... Ok, let’s start...”

 

Q: Question. J: Jinah Wu. K: Kris Wu.

 

Q: To Kris and Jinah, what do you think makes you a couple?

J: I think it’s because... we love each other? (Glancing at Kris)

K: Yeah, agree on that. We’re in love and decided to stay together, so we end up as a couple

 

Q: Who’s the first one confessed about your love to each other?

J&K: (Laugh, looking at each other)

K: I did it first... It seemed that I fell for her for quite a long time, but denying it until I realized that I might lose her if I didn’t tell her how I feel... (Glanced at Jinah but then smiled to himself)

J: Yes, he did and I felt the same... We’re basically together since that confession...

 

Q: Do you have things you like about each other?

J: He’s a nice guy (softly touching Kris’ hand), what not to like about him?

K: Whole package, I’m in love with her. No doubt on that. (Touching back Jinah’s hand)

J: Oh my God, stop being cheesy...

 

Q: What’s stuff you dislike about each other? Like, do you have any thing you wished your couple would change but they don’t?

J: Hmmm... Ok, let me see... Maybe his “yes, I will” when he’s actually doing stuff later? Kris has this tendency to say yes to my request, especially when I asked him to clean his stuff or just do something, but actually he didn’t do it (looking at Kris and laughing)

K: (Nodding in agreement) well... At least if I said yes, you’ll feel a bit better, right?

J: See? He always has his reason...

K: (Shrugging his shoulder, smiling teasingly)

J: And what about you? What’s the thing you don’t like about me?

K: Well as for Jinah... I really don’t like her stubborn side; really, she’s hard to face when she’s being so stubborn. We could fight because of that... but thank God, my wife can be stubborn but obedient sometimes... And when she’s obedient, I can say that I have a good life... (Glanced at Jinah again)

 

Q: What’s the worst thing you’ve ever fought about?

J: I was on my period and he’s having a hard week as well and it just happened like that. I snapped on him, he’s yelling back at me, and so we’re fighting...

K: It was bad that time... I thought we could be separated again...

J: Yeah, it’s that bad... (Softly nodding)

 

Q: What is your thought about marriage and babies?

J&K: (Looking at each other, trying to decide who answer first)

K: To be honest, I never dreamed of a marriage life before.

J: As a woman, and used to be a little girl, I do dream about my marriage life. It’s something simple, consisting of having a husband and kids and a happily ever after life. Well, it’s almost similar... Although in real life, so many things came apart. Argue, fatigue, depression. But it felt more real of course, compared to my dream.

K: I know one day I should and would be married, but I really never have a thought of what would it be like. But now that I have one, I could tell that it’s all worth it and it’s the thing I treasured now (smiling to the camera)

J: And about the babies... it’s just a blessing...

 

Q: Would you want Twins/Triplets or prefer to just have 1 kid at a time?

J: I think this is the right time to introduce my two babies... (Holding up a baby boy placed him on her lap, the little baby boy was just looking in confused to the camera) so this is my baby boy, Alexander. We called him Alex or Koala... (Touching Alex hands, giggling on her own when the baby held her finger), because Alex is a bit clingy...

K: Just like his mother (laughing to his own words) He likes to get attached to me, to Jinah, his grandpa and grandma.... He basically dislikes the condition where there’s no one to cling to... (Pinch on Alex’s cheeks, making the little baby pouted). Just like a Koala...

J: And this is Jazmine... (Taking the baby from the crib next to them as Alex moved to Kris’ lap). We called her Jaz... (Playing with Jaz’s hands, the baby girl only yawned)

 

Q: What do you think about your pregnancy? Are you expecting it since you know that you’re said to be having almost zero possibility to be pregnant? 

J: We’re planning the pregnancy of course, but to be stated as pregnant in the middle of my doubt to have a baby... It’s really a blessing. Not only I am given a baby, I’m blessed with two adorable babies, a boy and a girl. There’s no twins history in our family, so it’s kind of surprising. It seemed that it just happened like that...

K: We never expect twins, especially the one with two different genders. It’s a blessing for me and my family. We’re very delighted to get them in our life... (Smiling at his two babies, softly rubbing on Jaz’s cheek, the baby girl let out a squeal sound as she leaned to Kris’ chest as well)

 

Q: What’s changing once you have babies?

J: (looking at Kris) Hmmm... Having baby is definitely a life changing experience. The first time I saw them, I didn’t believe the fact that I’m a mother already. They’re so tiny and soft and everything cute, and since I’ve been waiting for this pregnancy, it felt more wonderful. It’s all fancy at first, the first few days when they’re born and I’m still adjusting of their presence... But I really won’t forget those sleepless nights and days... (Smiling to herself and then looking to Kris again)

K: We can say that we’re having a very precious gift; it even came in two... But raising a baby is hard, and raising two in one time is really another story. It has a good time and a bad time, Jinah sometimes felt tired and came to me, crying (had his hand on her shoulder, softly grasping it). Sometimes she would think it’s hard but in another time, feeling all excited about the way our babies progressing. I understand very well why she couldn’t take it well... I was once stayed at home after they’re born and during those days I really learned that babies are definitely not a machine that you can program by feeding them on time, taking them for a nap, it’s more than that. And both of us really learn a lot... (Glanced at Jinah, smiling)

 

Q: Have you been argued about your babies? Like, who’s taking care of what?

K: (Shook his head) It’s not really arguing but more like having discussion, what to do, what not to do, what we want the kids to be, how to raise them...

J: We had several discussions about that... We have different cultural backgrounds. We have to learn when to speak Chinese, Korean, or English for our kids. And it’s not easy... (Smiling to Jaz who’s looking at her mother with a puzzled face, not understand what they’re doing)

K: We don’t want our parents to not be able to communicate with the babies, but it seemed to be a little hard because we have not yet found the best way to teach them.

 

Q: Who will pamper the kid more if u guys were to have one and in what way? E.g. buying gifts or just simply listens to whatever the kid say

J: Kris would definitely be the one who pampered them

K: Well... It’s just... I’m not... (Glancing at Jinah)

J: You have this tendency to follow whatever they want... When the babies crying, you’d immediately pick any of them and whisper sweet words. You’re not supposed to do that, because it’ll make them too attached to you, it will be hard later on when they’re not with us or not seeing us...

K: I’m just worried... their cries were really broke my heart... (Kris looking at their babies who’s now playing with their own, both of them had their hands full with soft toys)

J: (Shaking her head and smiling to herself) I really can’t stand it whenever you’re being so sweet to both of them...

K: They’re so sweet right, Baby? They grew up so fast... (Still looking at the babies)

J: Yeah... Eight months already? The time flies... (Jinah looked at Kris and to their babies, she smiled to Alex who looked at her, offering her his baby giraffe doll)

K: Okay, next question...

 

Q: Have you ever had the feeling like your partner annoying? And what do you despise the most about your partner when he/she angry or you two fighting?

K: Oh wow, seemed like people really curious about how we fight or how we overcome problem, Honey...

J: Have I ever said that you’re so annoying when you act like you’re the right one? Like you’re always right, with all of your protective acts, thinking that I’ve been doing wrong things...

K: It’s for your own good (Raising one of his eyebrows as he looked at her)

J: See? That’s so you... (Rolling her eyes, tilted her head to the side)

K: I didn’t mean to harm you, of course. You still can do things on your own; I just don’t want anything bad happened to you...

J: Okay, Baby. Thanks for all the attention and love you have for me... Your daddy love me a lot, Kids (Talking to the babies who barely listened to them)

K: But I don’t like it a lot when you’re talking back at me...

J: I’m not easy to tame (Shrugging her shoulder)

 

Q: Whenever the couple fight regardless of who is wrong or right, who gives in first? In what way would you pacify your partner in getting back in good terms?

J: I hope this is the last question regarding fighting... Hmm. Is it you or me who stopped first?

K: (Thinking as he patted on Alex’s shoulder) I think it’s changing, depend on who’s thinking that it’s enough, like it’s not worth to argue anymore... Isn’t it?

J: Yeah, I guess so. We never have a long argue, it usually end in the same day. And how to pacify each other? I think in the end, I always offer a good sweet food to eat?

K: (Nodding) yeah, we ended the argument with food. Or me with... kissing you, hugging you?

J: Mmhmm.

 

Q: To Kris, what do you think about Jinah popularity? Do you still want her to work as model?

K: She earned it on her own, so her popularity has nothing to do with me. If she thinks that she wants to go back to the runway, to the entertainment world, as long as she’s not ignoring our babies, it’s okay... You do still want to do runway, right?

J: Not really runway, though... Probably only for being ambassador for certain brands. Besides, with these cutie pies, who would want to go back to work? (Smiling to her babies, taking Jaz to her lap so she could play with her. Jaz giggled when Jinah kissed her cheeks)

 

Q: What is the best give your partner gives to each other?

K: Jinah once gave me a set of new basketball’s short and jersey with my name on it, it’s special for me because it has our babies name as well, on the inside of the jersey. I felt like David Beckham who has his kids name on his shoes... (Suddenly taking Jaz on his lap, surprising the baby girl. Alex saw and suddenly climbing to his father’s lap, both of them trying to be on their father’s attention)

J: Kris gave me... flowers. Ok, it’s not last forever, but it’s so rare to have a bouquet of flowers consisted of 2100 roses. It’s for my birthday, after we’re having the babies. It’s really tiring that day and I’m not even thinking to leave home since the twins were still too young to be in the crowd. So he prepared a dinner, in our backyard, with the roses prepared only for me. It’s sweet, especially when he had his speech about the number of roses reflected the days of our togetherness... So yeah, it’s so precious for me... And...

K: And what?

J: And the kids.

K: Hmm?

J: The kids... (Jinah smiled shyly as she glanced at Kris). I mean, they’re the best gift you’ve ever gave me.

(Kris softly rubbed Jinah’s shoulder’s smiling in satisfaction)

 

Q: To Kris, can you stop being so handsome and perfect husband?

K: (Laughing at the question then staring at Jinah who’s trying to calm Jaz that’s suddenly being a bit moody)  Hmm. I’m not. It’s this lady here who made me like that. Without her, I’m not the me now...

J: I really can’t say anything. He’s cheesy, naturally.

 

Q: Who usually says I love you first?

J&K: Both (giggled when they’re answering the same in the same time)

 

Q: If there is a chance of going back to the past, when would you want it to be? Before meeting each other, or any moment in your relationship? Please be specific about it. And what will you do? To change what happened, or just to rewind the moment and enjoy it?

J: (Looking longingly at the camera, suddenly had tears on the edge of her eyes) That day... When I’m about to cross the road, before the crash... I always think that if I never cross the road, I could save him... (Suddenly stopped talking, looking on her lap where Jaz sitting, mumbling gibberish) I’m sorry... It’s just... (Sighing, looking at Kris who had his arm around her shoulder)

K: We would never forget that... Forever... (Nodding on his own)

J: Hmm, what about you?

K: For me, it’s the day I realized that I love you, that I don’t want you to be away from me (softly the top of her head) It’s like... why I didn’t do it earlier? Why do I have to wait for quite a long time to just say it...? Like... If I could, I want to tell you earlier. I love you, Baby (kissed the side of her head)

 

Q: Who is more often to get jealous?

K: I think it’s... Jinah?

J: I’m jealous of him, since the babies called him first... They went all ‘Da Da’ but never a ‘Ma Ma’. Seriously, who’s feeding you every single day, Kids? (Looking at Jaz and Alex, the twins had their legs kicking the air as they’re rolling around the couch, separating their parents) But I think the question is about getting jealous towards each other... Like maybe when I see you with another woman?

K: Will you feeling jealous?

J: (sighing but then playfully punched Kris’ upper arm). Will you?

K: Be jealous when there’s another man looking for you? I will

(Jinah just smiled on her own, but then shrugging her shoulders)

 

Q: Who spends more money?

J: Definitely Mr. Wu, he really likes to buy stuff. The last time he brought Alex outside, he came back with this toy, robotic one, if I’m not mistaken. I don’t even know why he bought it; Alex couldn’t even play with that...

K: It’s to help those learning words, Honey...

J: It’s useless, Kris...

 

Q: To Kris, if Nana never happened in your life, what would your life be like right now?

K: (Quickly shaking his head) No, not even close. If I never met her, probably I’m still single... Not sure to have a marriage or not...

J: No way, your family must have been made you married someone

K: No, I wouldn’t want to do it, if it’s not with the person I love...

J: Go talk with the elder, he didn’t seem to care about love.

K: Haha, Baby... Don’t say that about him...

 

Q: To Kris, I know you're such a cold one. So, can you be a bit cold towards Nana? Not for real, of course. You're just too sweet to be true that I almost kill my own boyfriend.

J: No worry, he’s still cold towards me...

K: I’m not... Well, I’m a bit distant with people that I’m not really close with. Again, it’s because of her. It’s Jinah who made me be the me now...

 

Q: If there's one place the two of you can stay forever, where will it be and why?

J: Anywhere, with the babies and my husband, it’d be okay...

K: I personally want to take my family to Canada, it’s good there and I just want them to know how I grew back then... Hopefully when they’re bigger, we can go back to Canada, and just stay there for few months...

 

Q: It seems that you are both having fallen really deep in love with each other. What exactly do you feel? What's the difference in loving him/her and loving other? How do you know that he/she is "the one" for you?

J&K: (Looking at each other, smiling)

J: I’ve been in love, several times before. I knew that it’s different when I just felt like... how to say it... Kris had seen me, the good side, the bad side, and still, he stayed. And the thing was that, I’m not feeling like it’s a hard thing to be opened up to him. I was somehow feeling like I want him to see me for the real me, not putting up any mask or anything. I just want him to accept me for who I am and he exactly did it. I knew that he’s the one, I just knew... (Glancing at Kris)   

K: I was afraid when I found myself keep thinking about her, over and over again. I thought that it was obligatory, because she’s legally married to me and because she’s pregnant, with my baby, so I felt like I should be responsible for her. But when I kept thinking about her, not only because she’s pregnant that time, I felt that there’s something there. I felt uncomfortable to not seeing her, to not be able to talk with her, it’s making me worry and feeling weird. I just have to see her, I just need to be with her, and I knew that I don’t want it to stop... She’s the one who turned me to the better me and I thought that I’m willing to change that much for her... Only for her and of course now, for our babies...

(Jinah looked at Kris, smiling. Kris was about to look at other questions but then... Jaz started to cry)

“What’s wrong with you, Baby?” Kris asked Jaz, but the baby cried more and Jinah quickly took her to her arms, standing as she left the couch.

“I think she needs to change her diaper” Jinah’s voice heard, Kris just nodded and then looked to the camera.

“Okay, it’s been fun but I guess it should be ended now... Jinah and Jaz should go first... And now it’s me and Alex, saying goodbye... Alex, hey... Hey? Look at here, Alex” Kris took Alex, made him standing on his lap and appointed to the camera. “Look at there, okay?” he asked Alex to look at the camera, the baby boy looked at his father but then looking at the said direction.

“Wave your hand, say goodbye... Bye...” Kris said as he looked at Alex. He didn’t understand yet what his father said but he copied the waving hand, mumbling about ‘Da Da’ and then giggling and now, playing with his spit.

“Oh no... No, spitting... Ok, goodbye everyone, it’s time for the baby again... See you!”

 

The screen appeared dark again.

End of the video.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Repost, I forgot that I have posted it before the bonus chapter. It's featuring the twins. 

I’m getting attached, once again, to my own story. It’s so weird, but really, it seemed like I couldn’t stop imagining them as one family. I really should move on to my upcoming story. I hope you’re enjoying this short update...

And anyway, for those who joined the mini giveaway, it’s closed and I have the 4 names here. I’ll let you know through the message to confirm your name and address.

Until we meet again, Guys.

 

xoxo,

yuriyaa