Red Handed

Perfect Timing

 

"Red Handed"

 

 

“Ouch!”

“Is there anything wrong, Ma’am?” Mr. Lee the chauffer asked me as he eyed me through the rear mirror. I shook my head, smiling at him.

“It’s Baby Bear, he’s being playful today” I replied, rubbing my stomach as I munched on my potato chips. After meeting up with my friends from the same agency, I’ve had a big lunch before heading to my parent’s house. But it’s not even an hour after my lunch; I started to crave for some chips. Baby Bear always made me eating like crazy, never once he let me stopped eating something.

“Maybe because he’s happy to see his grandparents” Mr. Lee commented nicely. I just smiled to his response. Mr. Lee was a very nice chauffeur; he always managed to pick me on time and drive safely, totally made me feeling comfortable.

As we passed the road along the way to my parent’s house, I noticed that the area was close to the cupcake store that I love. I was once packed some of the cupcakes home, only to find that Kris fell in love with the red velvet one. And since we’re passing it, I asked Mr. Lee to park the car. I planned to buy some for my parents as well as for Kris.

“Are you sure we want to park in this road, Ma’am? Let’s just turn around” Mr. Lee suggested.

“No need, Mr. Lee. I could cross the road, it’d be easier. We have to make another turn if we wanted to go to the other side” I told him, taking my purse with me. “I’ll be quick, please help me to bring the box later, Mr. Lee” I informed him and went out from the car.

I checked on the left and the right side of the road before started crossing it. I noticed Baby Bear kicked me again several times, he’s really being playful. I patted my stomach softly and I told him, “Behave, Baby Boy. Let’s play again when Mommy done buying cupcakes for your daddy, okay?” and off we went to cross the road. It wasn’t that far from the car to the store, but I never knew that I would never make it.

Suddenly I felt like I was floating and for a mere seconds, I landed at the side of the road. I didn’t know what was happening but all I know was that there’s something hard on my stomach while I’m having a hard time to see my surrounding. I felt a very deep pain around my abdominal part, and with the rest of energy I had in my body I tried to touch my stomach, rubbing it softly. But the pain was somehow unbearable, so I screamed because I really felt hurt and it was so hard for me to move.

“Baby… Are you okay?” I muttered. In my mind, all I thought about was my baby. There must have been something happened to me, but I didn’t know what. I couldn’t move, my body was in pain, and the last thing I blurry saw was that my hands were bleeding. And after that, everything went black…

 

My eyes suddenly opened and the first thing I did was looking around the white ceiling above me. I felt a bit dizzy and my sight was kind of blurry, I wanted to rub my eyes to clearly see everything but somehow, it’s so hard to move my hand so all I could do was blinking several times. I didn’t know whether it was day or night, everything around me suddenly looked so bright. I opened my eyes wider to see my surrounding, but my body didn’t work well with my thought. I felt so exhausted that instead of moving, all I could say was the one name I recalled first when I awakened.

“Kris…”

It’s silent.

“Jinah?”

My father came to the side of my bed and checked on me. I smiled in relieved when I realized that I’ve just had another dream about that day. My father was asking whether I’m feeling hurt, but I just shook my head. He’s holding on my hand so I held back his.

“How do you feel?” he asked me once he helped me adjusted my position from sleeping to sitting. It’s almost a week and I already felt bored to stay on bed. The cast on my leg already removed and even though it wasn’t a major fracture, I still wobbled whenever I tried to walk. Kris always picked me up to the bathroom, but I missed walking on my own so whenever he’s not around, I would ask the nurse or my mother to help me walked.

Upon the accident that made me temporarily crippled and lost my little baby boy, I was overcoming a sign of depression. There were several nights when I screamed in my dream, awakened my parents or Kris who’s waiting for me in the hospital and made all of them looked panic and quickly called for the doctor. I was tired being their main attention for the past few days. It wasn’t like I’m not grateful for having them with me at my lowest condition, but I hate it when they pitied me. It felt like I made everyone stopped their life to focus on mine.

Kris left his work since I was submitted to the hospital, my mom stayed with me in day to day basis, accompanied me and fulfilled all my need, while my father only took morning lecture at the university and stayed with me after lunch time, even my mother in law accompanied me as well when she’s done with her stuff at the hotel. Plus Sora, Chen, Jongin, Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Tao who took night shift to replace my parents who sleep too often at the hospital. All of them meant so much for me and I appreciated what they did, but really, I’m sick being treated like I was a vulnerable China.

Yes, I’m still not over my baby’s death. How could I? He’s my precious treasure. He’s just in time before the delivery, before I could hold him in my hands. But he’s suddenly gone and I couldn’t believe that he passed away already. I tried to accept the reality, but it’s so hard. Nights and days, I was shadowed with the thought of him, with a guilty feeling and regret. I didn’t know how many ‘I wish’ left my mouth when I thought of the day of the accident. The more I think of it, the more stressful I am…

“Kris is not coming yet, he’s in the police station” my father said, sitting at the chair next to my bed.

“What is he doing there?”

“He’s reporting your accident” my father said again. I just nodded mindlessly. I thought my father wanted to say something, but he didn’t and just sitting there, staring at me.

“Do you want to talk” he asked.

“About what, Dad?”

“About anything”

“No” I shortly replied. My father looked taken aback, but I really didn’t want to talk for the time being. I’m so thankful that Kris understood what I wanted; he rarely talked about our baby and focused more on my health. I appreciated what he did. It wasn’t like I forgotten about my baby already, no. I just didn’t feel like talking about it. Because the way I see it, there’s nothing I could do to save this situation. Everything happened already.

Right before my father could say anything else; Sora went inside the room and greeted both of us with her smiley face. My father then excused himself to make a phone call to my mother who’s recently staying at home. She’s having fever, I told my father to just stay with my mother. Seemed that this evening he’d go home to accompany her rather than staying with me in the hospital.

“Flower…” Sora waved the bouquet that she brought and stood next to my bed, replaced the previous roses on the vase. “They smell good, right?” she said again.

“You bought it?” I asked her.

“Yes, the florist near my home was kind of having a crush on you. He gave me two bouquets at the same time when I told him I bought this for you. I think it’s good to use your name for my own benefit” she playfully said as she arranged the flowers. I just let out a small chuckle and playing with my fingers in silence.

There have not been many things I could do with my recent condition. I’m not in the mood to watch the TV or checking on my phone. Every time I looked at my phone, it’s filled with apologetic texts, informing that my friends or colleague feeling bad for what happened to me. I would do the same if my friends experienced the things I’m facing, but I didn’t want to read it anymore. It’s so tiring to be treated like you’re one poor person. That’s enough; I didn’t want to check it.

“Do you want to eat something?” Sora asked as she sat on my bed, taking my hand and carefully put soft balsamic lotion for my scratches. Sora never missed one day visiting me. She always is the longest one to stay, aside from Kris or my parents. And since she’s a doctor, she knew what kind of treatment that I should get.

The day I woke up and knew about Baby Bear’s condition, she was there with me. With her, I cried and cried, speaking nonsense. She would hold on me, helping me to be at ease, even though I was feeling so moody and broken. She managed to calm me and after the long good tears, I came with peace in my heart. I could tell that she’s the best friend who knew everything about me. So for her to know that I’m losing my baby, it’s like a broken condition for both of us. But a week after the accident, I started to feel tired of crying so now, I learned to be more mature and faced the reality.

“I don’t know, I’ve just had the porridge this morning” I replied, shrugging my shoulder.

“Do you want to eat anything sweet or anything warm?”

“No need, Sora”

Sora sighed and patted my knee. “I know you’re not in the mood. But you still have to eat something. You’re in the recovery process, Jinah. Don’t you want to go out from the hospital and started your life again?”

And that hit me really hard. Starting my life again; did it ever stop? My baby was missing from my life and that stopped everything I have. Without me realizing, I started to walk in place. Pretending; that there’s nothing wrong, that this was my life I used to live, and that it was just an accident that impacted nothing but my health. But it’s not. I’m screwed inside.

“Why do you think God let this thing happened, Sora?” I asked her weakly. Making Sora looked at me with a worry look and quickly stepped to my bed.

“Hey… What’s with your question, huh?” she softly my back as she tried to make an eye contact with me.

“I thought I could let it slide. I thought it would feel like when my grandma passed away, or when my aunt died due to the cancer. But why it didn’t feel like that? Why even though I talked to myself not to be overly sad about this, it still felt like there’s a hole in my heart, Sora?” I looked at her helplessly, making her hugging me comfortably.

“I know it’s not easy, Jinah. I never lost a baby before, but I knew that losing someone in your life is hard, it’s hurting you. But you can’t let the sadness eating you up… You have to live; you have to continue your life. Please think about Kris, you’re not the only who suffered…”  

Kris… I suddenly remembered watching him crying in his sleep as he waited for me. Several days ago, he’s asleep next to my bed and I clearly saw him crying, pleading not to let me and the baby go. He usually had this habit of crying in his sleep, calling for his father or his mother, which happened to him since he’s still in junior high school. But now, seeing how desperate he was when he called my name… I couldn’t help him. I could only saw him, crying in his sleep and it was like… This accident ruined us, really. What we’ve planned, what we’ve prepared, all turned into dust.

“This will be over, Jinah. There’ll be more chances in the future; you don’t have to be scared, okay? You have Kris, your parents, you have me. We all are not going to leave you” Sora said again, this time she’s rubbing on my back. In return, I hugged her back realizing that what she said was indeed true. It was me who thought that it wasn’t possible.

I really hoped that it’d be over. That there’s a good ending after this unfortunate event…

After I talked with Sora for a while, we decided to order some food. Sora managed to call the bakery and ordered some of the best menu to be eaten at the hospital. She excused herself to take the order in front of the hospital while leaving me alone in my room. Bored, I took the TV controller that’s placed next to my bed, trying to look for anything good. Ever since I submitted to the hospital, I never watched the television. My day only filled with eating, sleeping, small walking around the room, and some talk with my parents or Kris. It’s been a very boring and dull week, I have my baby no more and every time I tried to forget this bitter fact, somehow I felt pain around my stomach. I knew it could be the pain due to my caesarian surgery, but for some reason, it felt like a reminder that I lost him. That he used to be there, but now gone.

I focused myself on the channels list. It’d be nice to watch something while I talked with Sora and ate later on. I switched the channels several times; during this period of time, usually there’re no prime time shows. Mostly, it’s the news or some re-run programs that’s showing. After checking on the channels for several times, my hand stopped clicking on the controller and watched the news carefully. I heard my name and then I saw the picture of me and Kris.

“Following the terrible accident that happened to his wife, Kris Wu from Wu Global Company, decided to drop a visit to the police station. His attendance was related with his request to fully investigate the accident that killed their unborn baby that’s due earlier next year and made his wife treated in the ICU room. His lawyer team are now preparing lawsuit to whoever involved in this accident.

Previously, a possible witness was called to the police station. Her car was recorded on the street’s CCTV, showing that the mentioned car was directly targeting Mrs. Wu who’s about to cross the road and once she’s being hit, the car immediately leaving the road, clearly indicating that it was not accident but a plotted criminal. For the time being, the worst punishment would be life sentence. But according to the head of Gangnam Police Station, there has been a new update regarding the criminal who’s behind this serious crime.

‘Apparently, the one who drove the car was not the owner. We’re currently checking on who’s the real driver during the accident. Investigation is in progress; hopefully we could find the criminal and close this case as soon as possible’

Until this news aired, there’s still no appearance of Mrs. Wu who’s already gained her consciousness. No picture or update could be share to public since Mrs. Jinah Wu being cared inside the hospital. Recently, the hospital already blocked access for reporters and no nurses allowed talking with reporters regarding Mrs. Wu condition”

I looked at the TV screen blankly. I couldn’t believe what I’ve just saw. After all what happened, when I kept blaming myself for not being attentive to the road situation, after I grieved for my baby… Turned out, someone was indeed trying to kill me and my baby!

I put away the TV controller and covered my face with my palms. This was somehow so hard to believe. Someone was trying to kill me and my baby. And even though that person only killed my baby, for me it’s just like I’ve been killed as well. I couldn’t understand why someone wanted to kill me that bad and I couldn’t accept the fact that the person was alive and maybe now watching what’s happened to me. Would that person happy to know that my baby killed? Or would that person planned another murder towards me?

I really felt bad to Baby Bear for bearing the consequences that might be caused by me, his mother. He’s just innocent baby who had to be the victim of whatever might be the reason of the murder to hit me. I wonder what I’ve done until someone was that willing to hit me with the car and planning to kill me. And if the reason of the murder was aiming for my death, then I really felt guilty towards my little baby. Indirectly, I sent him to death.

I wanted to calm myself, but my anger consumed me that my hands kept shaking on its own. I noticed my heart was beating faster than usual and for some reason, I felt like I wanted to explode. Someone’s planning to kill me and my baby; I didn’t know how to calm down myself. But in the end, instead of doing something stupid like got off from my bed and right away heading to the police station to see who has such a heart to kill my baby, I looked down and covered my face with both of my palm, sobbing and slowly, crying. I felt really sorry to my baby; I couldn’t help but cried my heart out again. And that’s when Sora went back to the room; along with Kris.

I couldn’t clearly hear what both of them said, but it seemed that I injured myself again unknowingly. I found it’s hard to take a breath and I cried uncontrollably. My tears wouldn’t stop, even though I tried to breathe and wiped it continuously but this time, I wasn’t cried because I lost my baby, but it’s more because I realized that I was the reason why my baby was being targeted as well. And that brought me to the realization, my son was killed purposely.

“Jinah, please calm down” Sora said in panic as she looked at me while crying. Kris called the nurse, they came pretty fast and before I knew it, I noticed that they’re about to inject me with another drugs. I quickly shook my head.

“No, no please. Don’t make me sleep again! Kris! Kris, I want to talk to you... Please don’t!” I screamed as I tried to grab on Kris’ hands. Although everything I saw looked blurry due to the tears in my eyes I managed to look at him and I knew, he’d listen to me. In the end, he stepped closer to me and asked everyone to leave us.

He just sighed and not saying anything but wiping the tears away from my face. I noticed how tired he was. He usually looked bright and happy even though he emitted this cold side of him, but he appeared lost and tired in me front of me and that broke my heart. It’s very understandable of him to not talking. I was still sobbing when he patted on my knee softly, he couldn’t face me.

“So it’s true? Someone was trying to kill me?” I asked him without hesitation.

“Jinah” he called my name weakly.

“Who is it? Who wants to kill me?”

He took a deep breath and looked at me intensely. “Will you listen to me?” he said as he took my hand and softly rubbed it with his thumb. I never like it when he used this kind of tone, it was like he’s going to say something bad and tried to make it sounded less bad.

“We’re still investigating the case, there’s a mismatch between what we saw on the CCTV and from what the witness said. We’re working on it... And you’ll know once the police could confirm the truth from the accident. But for sure, it’s not an accident” he explained, trying to make me understand the situation.

I shook my head slowly, started having tears again. “It’s unbelievable”

We went silent for seconds, I’m still trying to digest the situation. If, if there’s really someone who wants me to dead, what would be the reason? And since that person clearly knew that I’m pregnant, did they intend to get rid of my baby as well?

“Why someone wants me to dead?”

Kris looked at me once again with a painful stare. He calmly brought me to his arm and as always, making me feeling like I’m being protected just to be by his side. I could feel his warmth as he kissed my forehead softly. I bet he didn’t have any idea as well. People need reason to do something. And what would the motive of this person to kill me? I tried to think of something, but I ended up with nothing.

That afternoon, I spent the day just with Kris. We said nothing and most of the time, I just wiped my tears in silent. It’s enough to bother Kris day and night, and now that we knew it wasn’t just an accident, the exhausted feeling pilled higher. We’re tired, we’re depressed, but still, we couldn’t do anything but waitingAnd it kills me, every second went by without knowing what to do or who to ask.

Maybe compared to the person who wanted to kill me, it’s me now who really wanted the death of me. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’ve told you so many times, I DID NOT DO IT!”

I cringed as I saw Mrs. Kim screamed at the detectives who interrogated her. Chen stayed silent next to me, carefully watching the process. We’re sitting at the back of interrogation room and watched how Mrs. Kim, the current suspect of the car hitting, stubbornly refused to answer anything the detectives asked her. Her lawyer accompanied her though and he didn’t say much either. This led to nothing.

Once Chen informed me that it simply wasn’t just an accident, I went to the police station with him to check on the proof. It was scary to see the CCTV record, how the car drove that fast and threw Jinah’s body quite far and how the car just left her bleeding body at the side of the road. It’s either that person thought that Jinah was dead already or the main goal was just to hit her, the car didn’t bother to stop once it hit her. My knees went weak once I saw the video footage. I couldn’t imagine if the car crashed was causing her death. I probably already killed myself.

“Yes, I know Im Jinah but who didn’t know her? She’s coming from the entertainment world, it’s normal for me to know her, right?” Mrs. Kim spoke again. The last question by the detective seemed to get on her nerves.

“But from the record, it seemed that you know her more than just a common people know a celebrity. Mrs. Jinah Wu was once had a relationship with your son, Mr. Kim Woobin and-“

“I never approved the relationship. She never met me in person; because I never let my son did it. She never got the approval of the relationship she had with my son. And my son already left her since he chose to be with his fiancé. So basically, I had no interaction with her and I didn’t know her personally” Mrs. Kim said again. I realized what a snobbish person she was.

“So you have motive then to do this? The pictures of Mrs. Jinah Wu and Mr. Kim Woobin dating outside the country were spreading a while ago. Don’t you dislike the proof of the existence of their relationship?” the detective quickly tried to catch up on her.

“Mr. Detective, my client only said she didn’t like the relationship between her son and Mrs. Jinah Wu. But that’s it. Please do not push her to confirm something she didn’t claim” her lawyer stepped in. Mrs. Kim ignorantly looked at the detectives.

“It’s old photos, I’m telling you. And it won’t change the fact that she married already and my son is about to have his own life”

“I’m sorry but why didn’t we focus on who was behind the wheels instead of asking whether my client was the suspect or not?” the lawyer spoke again.

“Because even though your client was not driving the car and asked someone to do it, then it’d be still a crime as well, Mr. Jung” the detective responded.

Mrs. Kim sighed in annoyance. She really couldn’t hold on it anymore.

“How many times should I tell you? Yes that’s my car but it’s only because I owned it, I never drove my sport car on my own. That car was given by my husband and I just kept it there. Do you have problem that my rich husband could buy me everything even though I didn’t ask for it? And I’m telling you, I was at the charity event meeting at the hotel during that time. You can ask all of my fellow friends who attended the event and they’re going to give the same answer: I was there. So tell me, how I can drive the car and hit her while at the same time, I was giving speech for the event that I planned?!” she yelled at the end of her words.

Chen looked at me and as we understood each other, he quickly contacted the senior detective who sat next to us. It seemed that there was someone else who drove the car, instead of Mrs. Kim. But if it’s true, did Mrs. Kim told someone to execute her plan? We couldn’t say anything since there’s no record of Mrs. Kim walked out from her car and drove it. It seemed like there’s no proof that she’s the one who did hit Jinah. But as the detective stated, there’s a possibility that although she’s not the one who drove the car, she might be the brain of this attempted murder.

I looked directly to Mrs. Kim who now lecturing the detectives on how her family was a gracious one and there’s no way she would be involved in this kind of matter. She was angry all the time towards the detectives for suspected her and how she’s going to sue the police station for calling her with arrest warrant. From the way she talked, I could tell she’s confident that she’s innocent and didn’t involve with this matter but how could I be sure that she didn’t plan to kill Jinah and our baby?

A knock on the door awakened me from my thought. Another detective walked inside the room and gave a report to his superior, the senior detective who accompanied me and Chen.

“It seemed like we’re having the final proof of what happened, Sir” he informed a he checked on the report that he brought. He opened the pages and ended before the last page. An image from the CCTV appeared there.

“We finally managed to get the record from the car that’s parked across the Kim’s residence as well as the CCTV that’s installed there. I think this time we got the right person”

I walked closer to where the detective stood and what I saw scared me.

“Are you sure about this?” the senior detective rechecked the image. Chen also looked surprised to see the image in front of him.

“There are other images of this person driving in the area after the car hit the victim. We should summon this person and interrogated properly”

The senior detective looked at me and Chen before he turned his back to his junior.

“Call this person and bring the arrest warrant. Make sure we catch them on time”

At the very last, at least I could know what this person wanted by killing my baby and injured my wife.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Oh Auntie, I arrived already at you house...” I informed Aunt Hana as I stepped inside the house.

The Kim family house was my favorite place to visit ever since I was a little girl. In this house, I noticed how Woobin oppa grew up as well as me. So many family events held up here and I was always the one who stood by his side. The nice part was that Woobin oppa always took me along with him. When he got his cousins came to the house and played with him, he would take me along just to get me more friends since I was never that one friendly person who has so many friends.

I didn’t have best friends. It wasn’t because I didn’t want one, I wanted to have one, but what I saw in the society I was living in, you could only hang out with the person that might help you with their connections or their wealth, so I didn’t find it necessary for me to find a best friend here. Because no one really befriended each other and there’s never a real feeling between the couples who got married around my family. All of them were forced to be married to each other, to protect the family pride, to protect the wealth. But it wasn’t the case with me and Woobin oppa. I have feeling for him and that’s enough to keep this engagement alive.  

And although few weeks ago he cancelled our engagement in front of our parents and although his pictures with Im Jinah spread like crazy all over the internet, I still have this tiny spot in my heart for him. That the way his mother called me to meet to discuss the possibility to continue the broken engagement still managed to make me wanted him all over again. I love him too much I couldn’t think of anything else. And even though my mom didn’t know that I went to meet Aunt Hana to discuss the engagement, I believe she would be happy in the end if she knew that I’m going to be married to Woobin oppa. He might not have moved on from Im Jinah, but once he tried to accept me to be his wife, I believe we could face the obstacles that always haunted our relationship: the ghost of his past relationship.

“Honey, sorry. I’m currently at the meeting in the bistro near my husband office, could you perhaps join me? And could you also please take the stuff that I left at the foyer? I forgot to bring the box for the children at the foster house” Aunt Hana said. And after confirming that I’m gonna see her, I realized that I didn’t have my car with me. The driver left already and it would take a little longer to get a taxi in this area.

I checked on the keys hanger around the kitchen. I recalled that there’s another car in the garage. Woobin oppa recently had a meeting in Jeju Island for his work but he didn’t put his car’s key on the hanger. There’s one more left, the sport car that Aunt Hana rarely used. I’m experienced on using the car so I think it would be okay to just take her car with me to bring her belonging.

Once I packed everything, I get myself ready and went inside the car. Everything was automated in the house, so without having to get out from the car, the gate opened by itself. It only took me around 25 minutes to get to the bistro and since there’s nothing much I could do at the meeting, I left and told Aunt Hana that I’m going to wait at her house.

I was driving comfortably when I noticed that the car next to me was Im Jinah’s car. It seemed that she’s talking with her driver and as I glanced at her facial expression, it seemed that she’s at the top of her life. There’s no way I missed the happy face and the bright smile she had on her. I had no idea what she’s talking about but looking at the way she caressed on her bump, she genuinely looked happy.

I recalled how I always feeling envy towards her. Compared to her, my life was way wealthier and I didn’t think her own money could reach what my family has. We’re a perfect chaebol family, a very influential family and my life should be more perfect than hers. But the way I saw it, she got everything that I wanted.

I knew I never like the paparazzi attention, but one or two interviews regarding my life as one of the heirs line in my family was needed to fulfill the curiosity of the people about our family. And I rarely being talked on the internet, since my life was perfect and the guard around me was good enough to protect me from cheap rumor. But Im Jinah, she stole the spotlight. Every day, there’s always new picture of her, whether she’s working or travelling around the country, she would just hit the internet with her fashion choice. She’s rarely being rumored to be in relationship, she’s perfectly hid her relationship with Woobin oppa previously that there’s no word about the relationship they used to have.

And ever since she got married to Kris Wu, the news about her and her little family started to fill the media. I was tired to see the news about her surprising wedding announcement; I was there when Kris Wu informed the media regarding their relationship. I’m not surprised if she had relationship with someone unknowingly since previously she hid her relationship with Woobin oppa, but what surprised me was the pregnancy news that following. I wondered at that time, if she did it with her recent boyfriend, did she do it with Woobin oppa as well? My mind was filled with the thought of Woobin oppa having a steamy make out session with her... That wouldn’t be my favorite things to know though.

She was really a media darling. People didn’t judge her pregnancy; it seemed that she grew more famous once she got married. I didn’t care about her career, but I care about her presence in public. The more she appeared in public, the higher the possibility of Woobin oppa to see her. And that’s totally bothering me. How I was always lose over her... She didn’t get him in her arms, but she got his heart that made me feeling unworthy.

I knew that I always told myself that it’s okay for him to long for her as long as he’s with me. But lovers always get greedy, and so am I. I started to want him only for me and me only. I didn’t want Woobin oppa to remember her; I didn’t want her to forever be the barrier between me and Woobin oppa. I’ve tolerated her long enough, it’s time for her to step down from my relationship with Woobin oppa. And that thought consumed me to the point I got so angry over her sight.

Im Jinah stopped her car somewhere on the road that I was in; automatically I took the break and watched her stepping out from the car. Judging from the way she looked at the store across her, I assumed she wanted to cross the road to get there. Before crossing the road, she checked on her left side since it’s a one way lane and when he thought that it’s safe to cross the road, she stepped up there and after that, everything went fast.

I just had one thought in my mind: I didn’t want her to linger around. If I couldn’t have Woobin oppa, then she couldn’t have him as well. And so I drove as fast as I could and it took only seconds to make her lying on the street, bleeding. I didn’t know whether she’s alive or not, I barely saw her and I didn’t waste my time to just get away from the road.

My heart was beating so fast I didn’t know what to do; I just wanted to go away from that road. I continued driving the car while having my body shaking all over the trip I made to Kim’s residence. My hands were trembling as I grip tightly on the stir and I kept biting my lower lips, I had a hard time to take a breath. Once I arrived at the house, I quickly parked the car back to the garage and after that I stepped out from the car, throwing my body to the ground. I couldn’t stand up as I felt so weak and so scared.

What I’ve done? I’ve just hit someone oh God! And it wasn’t just a person; I hit the baby inside her as well! Suddenly, I felt bad for having this kind of thought towards Im Jinah. What should I do? Someone would think that it was accident, right? Yeah, I think people will think that it’s accident. But... What if Aunt Hana being called by the police? She didn’t know I used her car... But she wouldn’t think that I’m the one who’s hitting Im Jinah, would she?

I quickly took my phone and started to make an alibi for myself. I learned that I should be aware of the future possibility that I would be the suspect of this accident. I called my assistant and told her to shop for me using my card. At least if someone wanted to suspect me, I could tell that I was at the shopping mall. I also texted Aunt Hana so she would testify that I was not related with this. Now the last thing to do was leaving the house without being seen. I recalled that the house had backdoor that was only for person walking. I gathered my stuff and left the house just like that.

I will be safe. I will.

I-

 

My eyes opened widely as I recalled the accident once again. I fell asleep during daytime, and I got the dream again... Oh my God. It’s been a week since the accident and I couldn’t once sleep at peace. I always stayed awake until the morning came, because when I sleep, all I heard was her loud screaming as she’s hit by the car. I clearly remembered that day; the details of her clothes, the sound of her body when I hit her with the car and... I never wanted to sleep after that night.

I haven’t been outside my room for the past week, I told my parents I didn’t feel okay and that I need to rest. It’s so hard for me to keep everything on my own, but what to do, I have to hide this, at least until the news about her and the accident went away. As I predicted, people thought that it’s an accident, but I got myself feeling insecure all over again when I saw the latest news. The police started to think that it wasn’t accident at all.

As I looked at my reflection on the mirror, I noticed that I was faced with an unfamiliar sight. I looked thin, thinner than I ever before. There’re dark circles under my eyes and my cheek bone was obviously seen along with my pale face. My hair looked messy, unlike my daily appearance. I didn’t recognize who’s this person on the mirror. I started to pull on my hair like I’ve been doing the past days every time I got scared. Seriously, I couldn’t stand this feeling but I’m too scared to admit that I was the one who caused Im Jinah losing her baby.

I got nervous and started shaking again, tears fell on my skin as my trembling hands intertwined to each other. I didn’t feel okay, I wanted this nightmare to end but again, I’m not ready for the consequences. I knew I was wrong, but I’m too afraid to bear the risk of my action. I wanted to tell my parents, I believe they could do something about it but-

“You can’t go inside, Sir! Sir!”

I turned around as I heard a very loud voice around the house. My parents were away from home and my brother already went back to US, there’s no one at home aside from me and the maids. The door to my room was opened in such a hurry and I saw three police officers across me.

“Miss Hwang Su Ah, a week ago accident happened to Mrs. Jinah Wu and her baby. She got hit by a car and went coma as her baby passed away. Prior to that incident, we would like to hear from you regarding your whereabouts when this accident happened. Please follow us, since you’re prohibited of leaving the city as well as the country” one of the officers said.

I shook my head quickly. “I’m not related with this matter”

“Miss Hwang, please cooperate with us. There’s no way you can go out from this matter. You’re the main suspect of this accident and there’s footage of your face driving this car. Please be cooperative, Miss”

I muttered the refusal, even asking my maids to help me but they couldn’t do anything. The police officers put the handcuff around my hands and brought me out the house. I didn’t know what to do so I started crying and told my maids to call my parents. I’m such a coward, I know. But I couldn’t help it...

I just knew that my life ended here.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I walked at the alley of the hospital. The familiar scent quickly spread around my nose, informing that I indeed arrived in the hospital. But once I walked into different corridor of the hospital, the VIP section, it’s all different. I smelled lilac, and it’s so calming, at least for both visitors and patients of the hospital. I stepped out from the elevator as the door opened, revealing that I was inside the VIP ward.

After confirming the room number to the nurse, I walked to the direction of the room. As I walked there, many things were running on my mind. If I able to see her again, I didn’t know what I’m going to say first. So many apologies I had to address to her, she deserved it though. I’ve caused so many problems for her, ever since I landed my feeling for her. And for that, I felt like I’m responsible for her happiness. She’s the woman that I love, yet I only made her suffered; even when she’s not with me anymore.

After heard about what happened to her and that my mother was suspected to be related with the accident that happened to Jinah, I was taken aback. I didn’t know how to express my feeling. We used to have an agreement. My mom promised that if I stayed with Su Ah, she wouldn’t touch Jinah but ever since we started to interact with Jinah again, through the announcement of her wedding and all the work with Wu Global Company, it seemed that my mother never left her alone. She even once was being angry towards Jinah for no reason. My mom still feared that I would go back with her. But for her to dare hurting Jinah this way, I really couldn’t stand it. I couldn’t tolerate it anymore I went mad towards my mother but what I feared didn’t happen, it wasn’t my mother who did the cruel thing. Part of me feeling relieved, but part of me still felt that it must have been related with my mother. How come someone used my mother’s car without being noticed? I mean... who was supposed to be suspected? As for Su Ah, all I know, once I called off the engagement, I never heard about her anymore so my mother must have been not talking with her as well. Especially after what her family did to us once the engagement ended. It’s good that I managed to save our assets before it’s being played around by her family.

But still, who could do such a bad thing like that to Jinah? Who wanted to kill her?

Without me realizing, I arrived already in front of Jinah’s room. I felt like I have to meet her, to apology for everything and to check on her condition as well. I haven’t met Kris Wu though, he’s been absent the past days but it’s understandable for him to leave the meeting for our joint project; Jinah needed him more.

I was about to knock the door when Kris appeared from the other side of the alley. It seemed he had just back from somewhere. He stopped his steps in front of me and I realized there’s been a different mood around him.

“What are you doing here?” he coldly asked me. Even from his eye gaze I could notice his anger.

“First, I want to say my condolence towards your loss of the baby. And second, I want to see Jinah. I hope she’s okay and-“

“She’s not okay” he shortly cut my words. “She needs rest, so I don’t think you can see her”

“She’s not okay?”

“You know exactly how it happened, how fast that sport car drove towards her. And do you expect that she’s okay after that?”

“I wish she’s getting better sooner”

“She’s not going to see anyone. You better go back”

I knew I wasn’t in position to say anything towards his words, but I just want to tell her my apology about everything. I have no other intention, I just really felt bad for her that maybe even though I apologized while kneeling on my knees that would still not enough for her to forgive me.

“Could you please let me see her for a minute?”

Kris looked at me with a deadly stare. He looked really angry right now but I had no idea what happened to him.

“I don’t expect my wife’s ex-boyfriend to come here, trying to check up on her condition after the terrible thing that happened to her. And to be honest, I have no idea why you’re bothered to be here rather than accompanied your beloved fiancé” he said with such a venomous tone.

I raised one of my eyebrows and just looked at him, trying to figure out what his words mean.

“I’m sorry; I don’t know that my presence really irritated you. But I don’t think you should bring my fiancé in this matter. In fact, we’re not even engage anymore”

“So that makes you feel less responsible of her presence in the police station today?”

“I don’t understand what you are talking about”

Kris Wu sighed and looked at me in the eyes as he said the horrible fact.

“Your fiancé, Hwang Su Ah, was called in by the police today. She’s in charge for this attempted murder towards Jinah. And I think, your moral support would benefit her in her current condition”

I blinked several times, couldn’t believe what I’ve just heard. Su Ah.... did this to Jinah?

“Kris, what happened here?”

Both of us looked at the source of the calm voice. It’s Jinah’s mother. She had just arrived at the hospital and she looked at me with a surprise face.

“Woobin...”

“Auntie...” I nodded politely at her. She quickly averted her gaze towards Kris Wu who seemed really upset seeing me here. And now I finally got the full picture of his rough acts towards me. Jinah’s mother softly grabbed on Kris’ arm, trying to calm him down it seemed.

“What are you doing here?” she asked me.

“I want to see Jinah, Auntie”

“And I don’t allow him to get in, Mother” Kris jumped in.

Her mother sighed and just shook her head. “Please don’t be too noisy. Jinah is asleep inside and I’d like to request both of you to not speak loudly around her room”

“I’m sorry” I said. “But Auntie, can’t I see her? I just want to know whether she’s okay or not”

Her mother didn’t say anything but in the end, she shook her head.

“You know Woobin, after what happened... I think it’d be the best for you to stay away from Jinah. I know you love her and care for her, but it’s time for you to let go. If you really respect me and if you really care for her, stop being around her. You’re causing her so many problems already”

“Auntie...”

“This one was too much, Woobin. How could you expect me to act towards you? Like there’s nothing? Like if she’s submitted to the hospital because of mere fever? She’s losing her baby and almost killed as well! My daughter is suffering and you’re expecting me to allow you to see her?” suddenly, Jinah’s mother went teary and she took a deep breath before talking again.

“Please leave, Woobin. I didn’t allow you to see Jinah” she resumed her words.

Kris was just stoned in his position, looking down to the ground. I understood that there’s no way I could get in to see her so I just nodded in understanding.

“I’m sorry, Auntie. I’m really sorry for everything that happened to Jinah. I just hope that she’s okay and get well soon” I said genuinely towards her.

“Please leave” she muttered as she wiped her tears.

I nodded and after politely greeted both of them; I left the flower bouquet that I brought at the bench in the hospital. I only have one goal today: find the truth from Su Ah.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello.

Continuation from what had happened previously. I put the pov of Jinah, Kris, Su Ah, and Woobin. Looking forward of your thought regarding this. It soon to be ended though, this matter.

Sorry to put the mood off, it’s kind of important for the development of Kris and Jinah relationship. There’ll be more chapters dedicated for them later on. But for now, let’s just enjoy the flow.

And thanks for the 500 subcribers! I’m so happy to know that I have such readers to support on my story. Thanks a lot, guys J Hopefully I can update the story soon since I’m having a lot of free time in the next two weeks. See you!

xoxo,

yuriyaa