Surprise

Perfect Timing

 

"Surprise"

 

 

Ever since I grew up, I got used to any kind of company meet up and parties. Be it some companies anniversary, the president’s birthday, or to celebrate their offspring’s wedding or the baby shower, I’ve been attending to those kind of party all along. Usually, I’d go with my family, either my father or my mother or both. But when I grew older, I started to attend the party with my fellow friends, other heirs from the other families or companies, or sometimes, my girlfriend. It was like unofficial announcement to the society (well at least, my society) who is in relationship with who. People can start predicting, which company would having more stocks with the union of their kids. And I was experienced it too.

But I paid no more interest in this kind of event lately. I preferred to be drowning with works rather than attending these typical parties. Work is the only thing I fond of. So when I found that my chauffer brought me to W hotel, I was kind of surprised.

“Madam Kim told me that you have to go straight to this event once you’re off from your work, Sir” the chauffer informed me. “It’s the anniversary of W Hotel and your invitation already placed in the gate” 

I sighed as I heard his words. It’s so my mother’s style, do everything in her own words. The hotel staff opened the door for me; I stepped out from the car and got inside the hotel. Before going in, I got a name tag written Kim Woobin on it. I placed it on the left side of my suit and proceed to get in. As I expected, everyone I know was here. I could spot several of my father’s friends with their families and there’re some of my ex-girlfriends families. We grew up in this familiar environment, where everyone knew each other. Once I spotted my mother, I walked to the round table. As always Su Ah already be there with her graceful presence, sitting next to me.

“Woobin oppa” she called my name. “You’re here” she said, flashing a pretty smile. Her round eyes looked beaming once I saw her. I just nodded and took the nearest glass with me, gulped the water in one go.

“Later on, meet the Lee family; we need their back up for building insurance and also the Kim from Kim Law Firm. I heard that you faced some workers’ strike in our factory; the Kim will help to deal with it”

I could only nod as I heard my mom’s words. She didn’t ask for anything else, she just went straight to the business and I hate her for that.

“Also, don’t forget to see Mr. Wu. Hopefully we can do a joint program, him building the latest hotel in Jeju Island with our company as the developer. Ok, Honey?” my mom added with a sly smile.

I always wonder why she didn’t sign up as the President of this company. I rolled my eyes, ignoring her once my mom looked straight to the stage where the MC talked. I didn’t pay attention to this event, but surely, Su Ah enjoyed it. She sneakily held my hands and intertwined it with hers, smiling as she looked to the stage. I didn’t do anything but just stay still.

To be honest, my mind was not in this room. I’d trade anything to go back to ten minutes earlier when I’m about to enter this hall. I saw her, looking all gorgeous as always. The red dress she wore contrasted with her white milky skin, making her looking more beautiful than she ever be. I love how her hair looked pretty in that wavy medium length. I still recalled how soft her hair was against my skin. Just looking at her made me feeling at ease. 

I looked at her and smiled once we locked gaze, but she seemed to be distant and just by that she left. I looked around earlier to make sure that she’s in the same room with me, but I failed to find her. But all of my thoughts were gone once the runway started and ignoring the beautiful music, I had my eyes on her. She’s walking on the runway, in the center, with the killer dress. She looked so flawless, flashing her smile to the audience, things I always complained to her in every of her runways. Her smile is always pretty; I dislike it when other guys looked at her with hungry and wild eyes, just because she smiled like that. And there, I found myself smiled as she walked on the stage and went back to the center position. I felt Su Ah’s fingers left mine.

To be honest, what made me still come to this kind of event was a glimpse of hope, that I could meet her. I couldn’t see her freely the way I want it, not like we used to do. But even though we’ve been separated for almost two years, I still felt that she’s the source of my happiness. And that’s exactly why I favored a sudden meeting like this. I could still see her, even though I couldn’t come anywhere near her.

Im Jinah was the first girl who completely stole my heart. She made me crazy, head over heels over her and I proudly announced it to everyone I know. I love her with all of my heart, although there’s nothing left for both of us now.

When the stage was done with her being hugged by Lady Wu, the owner of the W Hotel, the dinner started with me moved to other table where the Lee sitting, to discuss about the work, of course. That’s the reason, but the other reason was because…I just want to move away from my mother and Su Ah. It wasn’t like they didn’t see me every day.

While we’re having dinner, the stage changed the setting and Seoul Business Daily appeared there. It seemed that W Hotel took the opportunity of its anniversary to also promote their hotels, and of course, their only heir, Kris Wu. I saw him on the stage along with the presenter, doing some chats and light interview. I didn’t know that this party took quite a large scale, for the events being broadcasted live on the national television programs.

During the interview, we enjoyed dinner while Kris Wu answered several questions regarding the business and the hotels he managed the past 4 years. I haven’t really talked with him though, but from what I’ve heard, this Chinese guy worked really great on managing the hotel. His uncle, Chairman Frank Ng, was previously known for his work with several hotels in South Korea so it was not a surprise if Kris Wu inherited his talent.  

“Well, it’s been nice for you to answer all of our questions, Mr. Wu. Plus your Korean is really great” the presenter praised him. He nodded and smiled, saying a grateful thanks. “I think it’s time for some trivial questions”

“I hope you don’t ask me any hard question” Kris Wu said to the presenter, smiling.

“No, no. It’s not a hard question. Ah, we heard that you rarely meet with Lady Wu, your very own mother, since both of you busy travelled and doing business in other countries. As a son, what do you think of your mother?”

Kris Wu held his microphone for a while, thinking. “You might say that we rarely see each other. It’s true though. Right, Ma?” he raised his eyebrows, looking at Lady Wu who sat across the stage. The lady nodded, smiling in accordance to her son. “But I think I’ve had enough of her attention and care for years since I was born. She’s busy and I have to understand it. But for me, my mom is great. You do not know that she still goes to the kitchen to make me some Chinese homemade snack, right?”

“Wow, she does? That’s so great, Lady Wu. I think I should learn to make those snacks, you know, to try to catch your son’s attention” the presenter playfully winked to Lady Wu, earning laughter from the audience. Seemed like he’s not yet engaged to someone, which is rare for an heir like him.

“Ok, move on to the next question” the presenter said again. Kris Wu paid attention to the presenter. “As we all know, you’ve experienced so many things since your childhood. You’re born in Canada and moved back to China in your teen but then moved back to Canada for school until you graduated university. And in between times, you travelled also to other countries, following your mother and uncle’s business trip. But from all of those things that happened to you, what’s your life changing experience?”

I leaned on my seat as I finished my dinner, checking on the interview. Kris Wu was still thinking about his answer, as he played with the microphone on his hand. He bit his lower lip before he cleared his throat to answer the question.

“Well, as you might all know, I think I have enough travelling experience and also attending business meeting or ding broadcast like this, which the rest of you also already experienced” he appointed to the rest of the audiences. “But I think this life event is one of the thing I don’t think I could forget” he paused his words, hanging the audiences in curiosity. He cleared his throat again and finally put the microphone near his lips.

“I’m expecting a baby” he said.

I raised one of my eyebrows and the audiences went crazy. It’s silent for seconds before people started to fuss about the words he said. Even the presenter couldn’t hide her surprised face. I noticed that Lady Wu was also looked startled upon hearing his son’s words. Ok, what is this all about?

“Pardon me, Mr. Wu?” the presenter asked him, still in dazed with what she heard.  

Kris Wu nodded. “I apologize if I surprised you all. We’ve just found it two weeks ago, so I still feeling shocked also. I think this is one of my life changing experiences, a father soon to be” he said, looking straight to the presenter.

“I’m sorry if we sounded impolite, but from what we know, you’re not married or have a fiancé yet, and moreover, you’re currently not dating anyone, Mr. Wu” the presenter said a little cautiously, afraid she might cross the border, but Wu seemed to be fine with that.

“Not dating publicly, yes” he cut the presenter. “She didn’t like to publicize our relationship”

More chatters heard from the audience. I didn’t really care whether he dated someone though, really, things like this should not be publicize for the sake of company’s stock. But from what I heard, seemed like he’s kind of genuine to talk about his relationship with his girlfriend.

“So, the reason you inform this to us…?”

Kris Wu cleared his throat again, looking a little nervous. “It’s because she carried on my child. So I want people to know and not misunderstood her condition. We’re going to be married in following weeks”

Damn, this guy really drove people crazy. People around me already busied themselves checking on the internet to see his girlfriend. I really wish I could be this bold earlier, no matter how much my mother opposed me and her.     

“Oh congratulations then for the baby. And who’s the lucky girl that’s going to be your bride, Mr. Wu?”

This must have been the most anticipated question ever during the interview. No one paid attention to their dinner anymore, all of the attendees in the hall kept silent, waiting for Kris Wu to give his answer.

“You saw her earlier here” he answered, looking around the audiences. “She’s the one on stage with my mother for the congratulatory flower” he glanced at his mother. A minute, why I thought I knew the person he’s talking about. If it’s the person with flower and Lady Wu, then…

“It’s Im Jinah, the woman that I’m going to marry”

This time, it’s me who got surprised.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The runway had just ended perfectly and all of the models who performed earlier were invited to the dinner as well. I excused myself to the restroom since I felt a little dizzy and tired due to the event. I already changed my dress into a black tube top with flare end that stopped above my knee, paired with black wedges. Minkyung already joined my manager to the dinner place in the hall earlier, leaving me on the restroom.

Once I was done vomiting and retouched my makeup, I stepped in to the hall. As usual, I saw some of my celebrity friends like Shindong oppa or Hyori unnie who attended the event as well. Of course we chatted for a little bit and said hi, exchanging news with each other. I noticed that Kris Wu was sitting on the stage, doing some interview that’s broadcasted live in the television. I bet the presenter was kind of interested on him, since she couldn’t stop looking at him with a love sight. To be honest, he’s indeed looked great on the black suit paired with the tie and pants in the same color. His hair was pulled to the back, giving intimidate vibrant.

I’m about to go for my seat when the audiences when silent.

“I’m expecting a baby” he said.

I could feel my heart beating faster than ever when he said that. What on earth is happening? Why he mentioned a baby on the interview?

I looked around and all the people here already chatted with each other and whispered, talking about what possibly happened. I really wanted to curse at him, how could he caused a stir like this? What exactly did he wants?

“I’m sorry if we sounded impolite, but from what we know, you’re not married or have a fiancé yet, and moreover, you’re currently not dating anyone, Mr. Wu” the presenter asked him.

“Not dating publicly, yes” he cut the presenter. “She didn’t like to publicize our relationship”

What was this all about? Oh my God please... please don’t tell me…

“So, the reason you inform this to us…?”

“It’s because she carried on my child. So I want people to know and not misunderstood her condition. We’re going to be married in following weeks”

I really felt so weak and dizzy when I heard what he said: baby, relationship, and marriage. I could sense how doom I am.

“Oh congratulations then for the baby. And who’s the lucky girl that’s going to be your bride, Mr. Wu?”

I crossed my hands in front of my stomach, feeling anxious on what he would answer for this question. I’m feeling so nervous that I could feel a cold sweat running on my back. He wouldn’t say the truth, right? He wouldn’t say anything I imagined in my mind, right?

“It’s Im Jinah, the woman that I’m going to marry”

Oh my God. That’s it. I covered my face, refused to hear whatever people said around me. It’s kind of dark in the audiences’ area since all the light focused on the stage, so I felt a little thankful of it. I need a time to think, I need to calm myself. What did he just do in front of the people here?

Someone took my right hand and in seconds, I was in that person’s arms. A tall guy with dark complexion looked at me and grinned a little when I glanced at him in confusion.

“Please follow my lead, Noona” he whispered, as he covered my head with his coat and everything went dark. I just noticed that I might be kidnapped so I tried to fight him by pressing my feet to the ground as deep as possible, but with my weak condition, I couldn’t do much. He’s walking so fast, half dragging me to follow his steps. I almost couldn’t hear anything when we arrived in a more quiet area.

I heard a car sound and someone’s stepped out from it. My heart was beating faster, being aware that I was really being kidnapped. I am about to turn around from my heels when I felt a pair of hands holding on my shoulder and pushed me inside the car, locking the door and starting to move the car.

“Help!” I screamed as loud as I could, but being muffled with the coat that’s covering my face. When I’m about to scream again, the coat was taken from my head and revealed the person who’s taking me.

“Relax, Noona. You’re safe” he said with a calm tune. “Are you okay? Did I hurt you somewhere?”

“Who are you?” I asked him in curiosity. He didn’t look harmful, but still, I have to be aware with stranger.

“You’re fine, right?” he asked me again, checking on my arms and face.

“Answer me” I told him in a very hostile attitude.

“Seems like you’re fine” he shrugged his shoulder, leaned on the car seat. “Go straight to my place, Mr. Yoon” he tapped the car seat of the driver.

“I want to get off now” I said, sitting closer to the side of the car. If I must have to, I could go out from the car, right here right now. “Stop the car”

“Noona, please just sit calmly. You’re fine with me, okay?”

“I don’t even know who you are. Stop this car”

He sighed and looked at me. He took his phone and dialed a number; I could hear the busy tone several times before someone was talking with him.

“Oh, Hyung” he said. “She’s with me, she’s fine” the guy looked at me. “No, no. I just want you to say something to her. It seems that Noona doesn’t want to hear anything from me” he winked at me. He gave the phone to me, motioned me to take the call. He mouthed “Speak” as he gave me his phone.

Cautiously, I took the phone and placed it on my ears. “He-hello?”

“Miss Im?” a familiar voice was heard and I knew that it’s Kris Wu.

“What the hell are you doing, Mr. Wu?!” I yelled at him with all the energy I had.  

“Please, please calm down. I couldn’t talk with you right now, I’ll call again. But for now, please stay with Jongin. I’ll go to see you once I leave this place. He’s my friend anyway”

And just by that, he ended the call. I blankly looked at the phone and Jongin, the guy who’s sitting next to me, took the phone and watched me.

“Noona, are you... are you okay?” he asked.  

I’m not fine, I’m shocked and I’m confused with everything that happened but before I could say anything, my stomach grumbled so loud that all of my worries washed away with the full embarrassment in front of Jongin. He hid his laugh though, pretending that he didn’t hear anything.

“Mr. Yoon, please go to Kyungsoo hyung’s place” he said to the driver again. “We’ll arrive in minutes, Noona. Please be patient”

 

 

The place that he mentioned was a classic Italian restaurant. There, I got a plate of spinach ravioli, a bowl of fettuccini Alfredo, and another plate of risotto. I’m eating like I never eat before, with a super excitement and happy feeling once I faced with the food. It’s so weird that I suddenly felt so comfortable around Jongin and later on, Kyungsoo, who cooked the foods for me. Kyungsoo nicely gave me water and warm tea, along with a slice of carrot cake.

The two of them sat in front of me, watching me in amused. Jongin eyed me while he slyly smiled, totally enjoying the way I cleaned up the food.

“Noona you can eat everything you want, take your time” he said, smiling again. If I’m not in a very hungry state, probably I’ll spend more time looking at his handsome face. Kyungsoo, on the other side, looked at me with curious eyes. He gave me a ‘so-you-are-indeed-pregnant’ stare with his round eyes.

“Do you want some more?” he offered to me politely. I looked at Jongin (I didn’t even know why I looked at him), but in the end, it’s Jongin who ordered more food to be packed for takeaway.

Once I’m done with the food, I leaned to the sofa while enjoying the tea that warmed my body. As I relaxed there, I reflected on what was happened. It just occurred to me that all of my plans for the press conference already ruined since Kris Wu confessed about my pregnancy on the national TV. It was crazy and the first thing I would do once I met him is asking his explanation. I left my phone with Minkyung, I couldn’t contact anyone. I didn’t know what I could tell to my parents, my family, my agency, and my friends regarding what Kris Wu said on the broadcast earlier. It’s too much to handle and I believed now they’re in frenzy to know that I’m pregnant.

“Noona, are you okay?” Jongin asked, sitting next to me as we waited for Kyungsoo preparing the food for me.

“Why you’re insisted to call me Noona?” I questioned him.

He chuckled and playfully raked his hair to the back. “Well, isn’t it nice to hear? I’m Kris hyung’s closer friend and knowing that you’re going to marry him, I should call you Noona, or even better, sister in law” he smiled.

“He’s crazy” I shook my head.

“To be honest, I wanted to say sorry to you, Noona” he spoke with a little serious tone. I looked at him, finding him playing with his fingers. “I was the main reason why you two caught up that night in Jaejoong hyung’s party”

I blinked few times, digesting his words. “What did you possibly do?”

“Uh, well. Jaejoong hyung is my cousin and Kris knew him also, so when he held a party, I came along with Kris hyung. I didn’t plan anything serious, just some mix of the alcohol and I gave him. He has quite high tolerance of alcohol though, but that night it seemed that my mix was too strong for him that the forever awkward Kris hyung went wild. I’m sorry. I didn’t know that he met you that night and…” Jongin said with an apologetic look, stopping his words.

“I was drunk also that night, so it’s not like it’s your entire fault” I responded. Facing his problem, I’ve came to the condition where I accepted that whatever happened that night should not be mentioned again and both of us were in fault.

“But is it true that you’re going to keep the baby?” Jongin asked with curious look. He watched my belly and glanced at it.

“There’s no reason to throw it away. I’m the one who made it appear here…” I muttered as I looked at the window outside. It’s raining and all I could see was the presence of the raindrops on the glass. It’s been two hours since the event and Kris has not yet contacted Jongin again.

“The food is ready” Kyungsoo informed as he placed two paper bags filled with the food he made. “It’d be enough if you craved for something to at tonight, Noona. I’ll send more food for your breakfast tomorrow” he said, smiling genuinely. It was weird, really weird, but I totally felt the warmth care from Jongin and Kyungsoo although it’s my first time seeing them.

I bid a goodbye to Kyungsoo and followed Jongin. The trip to Jongin’s place was filled with silence since I felt sleepy and he just stayed quite while playing a piece of classical music in his car. It’s not too long for us to arrive in his place, a penthouse with minimalist design. There’re a lot of rooms, Jongin placed me in the guest rooms which her sister usually stayed. His maid gave me a pair of night dress and some skin care products.

“I didn’t know if it’s to your liking, but I hope it’s fine with you” Jongin explained, giving his smile to me. I nodded, feeling thankful to him. He wasn’t the bad guy I thought he was.

“Please rest well, Noona. Kris hyung just want you to be safe” he said, patting my shoulder softly before he left my room, leaving me with the night dress in my hand.

I sighed. I really wanted to believe what Jongin said, but I know that there’s no way I’ll be safe after all the things Kris Wu said last night.

As a proof, the next day I woke up, I heard noise outside the door and soon after that, several guys in black suit barged in. Jongin tried his best to stop those guys but he could do nothing although he already called his own bodyguards. I was taken inside a car, still on my night dress, to fulfill Lady Wu’s summon.

I’ve just placed myself in trouble.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Open the door” I said with a dark gaze to the guards, without any tendency to be polite to them. They moved away from the large wooden door and let me walked into my house. I fastened my steps, half running to reach the living room. I passed the mezzanine and took the stairs, I’ll arrive in seconds.

I was about to go to Jongin’s place this morning when I got a call from him, telling me that my mom sent her personal guards to take Im Jinah with them. I should’ve sent my own guards to his place, knowing that my mom would not let this things slide. Last night she left the hotel without saying anything, avoided the reporters as well. I know I should explain to her earlier about this matter, but the first thing I needed to clear up was the press conference that Im Jinah about to do earlier. I’ve cancelled the event and now, I have to save her from my mom.

I opened the door and found her sitting across my mother in the living room. Her face looked pale and I noticed that she only wore a night dress, which made me getting more annoyed to my mom.

“You’re here” my mom said in a bitter tone.

“Im Jinah, go out from here” I said to her, motioned the door that’s still opened. “We’ll talk about this later, Mom” I looked at my mom who gave a cold look to me. She placed the tea cup to the table.

“Talking about what? Your marriage?”

“Everything” I replied shortly. “But for now, let me excuse myself and her” I appointed to the woman with my chin.

“No marriage, I guess” my mom said, raised her eyebrows as she eyed her.

“I’ll marry her and that’s final” I said to my mom. Things like this happened only during director’s meeting and it’s always about the business, but for the first time, I argued with my mom regarding my very own personal business.

“I’m sorry” I heard another voice and both me and my mom looked at Im Jinah who stood up from her seat, exchanging gaze with me and my mother.

“Whatever you have in your mind, Mr. Wu, please keep it there” she said, looking at me with a serious look.

“I’m not gonna marry you”

I grew my eyes bigger; she’s just as stubborn as she ever is.

“After all I said last night in the broadcast, you’re still thinking to do things on your own?” I asked her, sighed over her stone head.  

“I never asked you to do that in the first place” she replied. “There’ll be no marriage, Mr. Wu”

That’s her last words before she nodded to my mom and started to walk out from the living room. I sensed that my mom also was surprised with her response. I watched her back in silence, thinking on what I should do.  

I really have no idea on how to tame her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ok, another update because…the scenes kept coming to me as I wrote it. It's a filler chapter though.

So I presented you, Im Jinah’s ex-boyfriends, Kim Woobin!

 

 

I’m dying to develop his character in this story though. I have my eyes on him since I saw him on tumblr; he appeared along with Soohyuk sometimes and I started to notice Kim Woobin. He looked great and I’d love to use him in one of my stories and I chose this one. I hope I’m not disappointing you guys with his characters here. And for the other girl, I used Jo Bo Ah. I have a story for her here but I’ll reveal it later on.

Kris appeared a little here, his point of view will be shown on the next chapter. And what do you think of his confession? I’d like to hear from you guys!

Next chapter, I’m not really sure when will I updated it again, as for now it’s time for my Kaistal story that need to be updated. So until next time, please leave me with your thought of this story. Thank you!!