Permission

Perfect Timing

 

"Permission"

 

 

“Kris?”

“Hmm?”

“Stop biting your lips, it’d be bleed or swollen at least” I told him as I adjusted my seat on his car, leaning comfortably to the soft leather. Kris let out a small sigh as he shook his head and finally, let his lips unbitten. I smiled at him and rubbed his right shoulder, trying to soothe him.

“Honey”

“I stop biting my lips” he said as he shrugged at me, didn’t bother to look around but straight to the empty road.

“I know, thank you. But stop being so nervous...” I replied, still rubbing his shoulder. Kris then slower down the speed of the car and parked at the side of the road. I gave him a questioning look upon his sudden action.

“I’m nervous” he said, once again biting his lower lips before quickly released it and shook his head. “I don’t know why, I’ve tried myself to be calm, but I can’t, Jinah. I can’t calm down” he continued, shaking his head again. At a time like this, I always recalled the young Kris Wu that I saw on the video at his house back in Guangzhou.

Kris was always a calm baby boy. Even when the other kids messed up and fooling around in the basketball field, he would be sitting there playing with the ball and just looked around. He didn’t like to get into fight nor talking back when it’s not necessary. And when he’s nervous, you could just see right to his eyes. No matter how calm and composed he appeared, his eyes showed a major nervous that I quickly noticed. Months living together with Kris made me understand him more and I’m happy that I’m the one who noticed the smallest act of his gestures.

I changed my sitting direction so I could look at him and cupped his face. He looked back at me with a worry stare.

“Kris, Honey. You’ve done this before... We’ve done this before. And we did it well. You don’t have to worry anything” I rubbed both sides of his face, but again, this moody man looked unsure.

“The last time we did it was because we have things to hide. But now...” Kris closed his eyes, softly opened it again to look at me.

“Im Jinah, I’m going to ask your father to give me permission to go out with you for real. Don’t you know how nerve-wracking that is?” he desperately asked me with a poor puppy face I couldn’t hide my smile. Oh God, the Kris Wu, the almighty Kris Wu who always appeared confident and even more intimidating for others was acting like he’s about to be scolded by his teacher.

“You’re not taking me seriously” he complained, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

I quickly took off my seat belt and then climbed up to his lap, having my arms around him. He startled but quickly adjusted to my body.

“What are you doing now?” he asked, kept staring at me.

“I love you” I said to him before I pecked the top of his forehead softly and although he’s still confused, he managed to wrap my wais with his hands, pulling me closer to him.

“You know more than anyone in this world that I love you, only you, Jinah” he replied, gazing through my eyes. I’m proudly announced to all the woman in the world that I have such an amazing y lover and he’s belong to me and me only; even his stare only already melting me. Kris Wu was indeed my Kryptonite.

I smiled as I heard his response and cupped his face, kissing his adorable lips. He was still so nervous that it took him few seconds late before responding to my kiss; but when he did, Kris usually taking over, just like now. I was supposed to be the one who kissed him, but he turned the table that I was now the one who couldn’t hold on his kiss. Slowly, I placed my palms on his chest and pulled back as I cupped his face once again. He stared at me as I looked back at him; I ran my thumb to his lips where I had him before.

“I love you” he said, adding his adorable smile.

“Fight for me then”

 

 

Following my leave to Europe, my parents decided to stay at a pension outside the city for a holiday. It’s very understandable that both of them felt a terrible exhaustion after my divorce case with Kris went to the public. There were days my father had to ask the university guards to be careful not to let the reporters getting inside the building so they couldn’t interfereing him with the rumor of me getting back with Woobin oppa after the divorce. Or when my mother couldn’t leave home at all since the reporters camped in front of our house, spying on when I’d be back at home. My parents had been involved too much, plus they’re still having a hard time to accept the fact that Kris and I were faking our marriage back then. And that’s why I and Kris drove miles away to the suburb to see them.

Last night was like a dream to me. Everything I thought would never happen was just happened. As absurd as it heard, Kris really came for me and brought me to his place. It was really good, so darn good when he listened to my story and I responded to his own as well. We stayed up late; we wanted to keep each other’s company. I realized both of us were sleepy, but a morning talk with him on the bed was surely a thing I’ve been missing so much from my marriage life with Kris.

“I want to talk to your parents” he said this morning when we’re having our breakfast.

Despite being sleepy for both of us having a lack of sleep due to last night event when he stopped me leaving for Rome, we couldn’t deny how hungry we’re. We skipped dinner and all I had since last night was only a cup of tea, that too, I have to share it with Kris. Realizing that there are no ingredients at his fridge, we went Kris’ style this morning: delivery service. It wasn’t only a normal delivery service; it’s a royalty breakfast delivery. We had so many food sent over in such a short time; too many in my opinion, but my hunger was killing me that I couldn’t say anything but b grateful to God for sending this awesomely delicious breakfast. And when our empty stomach started to be filled with this heavenly food, Kris started to talk with more sense.

 “Yes sure, we should talk with our parents” I stated, emphasizing the meaning of his parents, which means his mother.

“I have to get you parents’ permission first before we start to get my mother’s blessing. We’ve started wrongly and I realized I didn’t make a good explanation to them before we divorced back then...” Kris said, playing with his cup of coffee. “Moreover, you’re staying with me last night and for the other days and nights” I was about to open my mouth but he cut me short.

“So I want to make sure that your parents know that we’re back together and allow me to go out with you, officially” he took my hand and softly grasped the tip of it, gazing at me lovingly. I smiled at him; he’s having his hair messed up, he just wore his pajama pants and a dark navy blue short as he munched on his toast, pretty much looked domestic and I couldn’t hide how happy I was to be on the same table with him, having our breakfast in such a modesty where I didn’t have my makeup and dressed on his shirt that was three number larger than mine. It’s not majestic thing, but it’s simply made me feeling so happy.

We talked last night, about what’s next. He proposed the idea of getting back with me, which I quickly replied with a big loud YES. Kris wanted to go out with me, for real this time. And by the mean of real, we’re finally being honest towards each other. What was happened in the past, stayed in the past. We only wanted to savor the thing that wasn’t there before: our real feeling. This time, it was not for hiding the ugly truth about us wanting to get married and lived together; this time, none of us having different goals to achieve; this time, it’s about me and Kris wanting to have a real relationship together.

I realized how both of us had passed so many things during our togetherness. The presence of the baby, the marriage, the unintended fight and argue the confession of our feelings, the miscarriage, and in the end, the divorce. I started to learn about him and him about me. We’re clueless towards everything that time, trying to catching up little by little, but right when we thought that everything’s perfect, the frame was broken and we hit the ground. I learned that time that what I have for him was real, so real that it’d be better to leave him for I couldn’t give him the successor to his blood line. That thought still haunted me; even right here when I had breakfast with him, but Kris made sure that we could work on that thing shortly.  

I was happy that last night we had our talked. We’ve dismissed the awkward moment that the only thing left was us being deeply in love. Our separation got me realized that being away from him did no good to me, I would never want to be separated from him anymore, that even we’re forced to leave each other, I’d fight it no matter what. I didn’t want to lose him for the second time and how glad I was that he’s having the same thought.

With the thought of politely visiting my parents as a real couple this time, we started the ride to the pension, but sadly Kris’ confidence slowly washed off, replaced by the nervousness. I tried my best not to look nervous in front of him, although I knew that to get my parents’ permission, especially my father, wouldn’t be an easy thing. I still remembered how my father went horribly angry for knowing that Kris and I were playing pretend as a married couple. He stopped talking to me for almost a month, before I had the minor surgery of removing the damaged ovary. But the day he knew the real reason why I insisted of leaving Kris, things changed. I knew my father was not angry anymore to me, or even to Kris, for he knew that Kris was clueless about my condition during that time but to ask him to let us be together again, for some reason, I felt a slight doubt.

“Your father only want to talk with him, nothing else” said my mom as we arranged the dinner table, reading my mind as I kept looking at the large window outside.

We arrived around 3 PM and when my mother offered for a dinner for all of us, my father asked Kris to accompany him to look for some fruits, which I knew was just a reason to take him out of the pension. If earlier I wasn’t feeling nervous like Kris, the situation changed that I could hear my heart beating so fast. I really wanted to work on with Kris this time and I really wished my father would grant it.

“Do you think he wouldn’t let us to date, Mom?” I asked her, looking with a glimpse of hope at her.

“I have no idea, we didn’t expect the two of you to suddenly come here” my mom said.

“How about you?”

“What about me?” my mom glanced at me, waiting for my response.

“If I ask your permission, would you give us Mom?”

My mother stopped placing the plates on the table; she just looked at me and smiled as she softly caressed the back of my head.

“I’m giving you a permission to stay with anyone you feel happy to be with, Jinah”

I smiled towards her answer; I knew she’d be just like that. But I really need to know, whether my father going to approve our relationship. For some reasons, it’s really way more nerve-wracking than before.

I hoped Kris was alright.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Jinah’s father asked me to accompany him to look for fruits and wanted to look around the area by foot, I just knew that he just wanted to spend a time talking to me. It wasn’t the first time we’re walking around just us two, but with the last encountered we had due to the divorce, I recalled that something was a bit off between us. In his eyes, I wasn’t the dreamy in-law anymore. I had left a very bad impression towards him and I didn’t know whether he’d forgive me and accept my proposal or-

“How’s your work? I heard there’re so many changes inside the company” he said once we walked a bit far from the pension.

“There had been issues inside the management, I tried my best to work on it” I answered. I was still nervous, my voice sounded like a rat. I cleared my throat, I should be heard trustworthy. This would be the hardest negotiation I’ve ever faced in my life.

“How’s your mother?”

I glanced at him while he kept walking a bit ahead from me.

“She’s doing well. But recently she’s in Guangzhou, I told her to take a rest first. The things with the company was a bit off these days, and since the meeting would be held in three days, she wouldn’t be back to Seoul until next week”

Jinah’s father didn’t say anything and keep walking, I could only follow him. The fresh windy air made me slightly cold but I ignored it, I just kept a normal distance with him.

“How exactly you get Jinah to stay?” he suddenly asked me once we’re turning to the small road around the area. He looked at me, waiting for me to answer. “She’s about to go for Rome and she had agreement to work there in the next two months. How did you manage to make her stay?”

“We’ve talked about this, Sir. We have mutual feeling”

“What is your planning with my daughter? You two are now divorced-“

“We’re back as couple, for now” I quickly responded. Her father still looked at me but then he looked ahead, walking again.

“You know that I’m so angry with you, right?”

I nodded, didn’t dare to say anything.

“The first time I met you, it was to know that my daughter already pregnant with your baby and you two planned to get married. I was so angry that time, I couldn’t protect my daughter. But to know that what you’ve done was only an act, I felt really angry. You’re playing around with marriage, a promised you made towards me in front of God. I was once feeling that you’re right for my daughter, but knowing the fact that you two were only playing around...”

“We... We’re not playing around that time, Sir. I know that I was wrong to hold a fake marriage, but it wasn’t for a play. I need the baby to continue my family line, Jinah was all alone and I wanted to be responsible. And although we’re not in love that time, we knew that this baby deserved to be taken care. It was for the baby...”

“Still, it’s a fake marriage”

“At first” I corrected him, making him looked at me. “It was fake at first, but everything’s changed so sudden. I realized that I was in love with Jinah and the fact that Jinah was feeling the same had turned this fake marriage into the real one, Sir. I could tell you that I was sincere with here, and I always have”

“So what’s the plan? What do you have in mind with my daughter now?”

I cleared my throat and looked at him in a serious face.

“I want to ask for your permission to see Jinah as my girlfriend. We’ve talked about this and we wanted to start all over again. We don’t want to rush anything; we’ll take it now as getting back together. And if everything is okay with us, with you, of course I’d like to have her as my wife again” I said as confident as possible, giving my future in law a reassuring face. Never once I felt this nervous, her father’s aura was giving me a chill but I could feel how care he’s about Jinah.

“And how about your mother? Is it okay to just get my permission? How about your whole family?”

I cleared my throat again; I knew he’d asked about this. I wasn’t sure myself but I knew that I’d fight for her this time. No matter what, I’d stay with her.

“We’ll talk about this later on, Sir. We’re going to see my mother and talk to her. She knew more that anyone how I valued Jinah in my life, so I’m-“

“I don’t want my daughter hear anything that possibly hurting her. As you may know, we experienced a very humiliating situation previously with her ex-boyfriend family and I knew it affected her a lot. It wasn’t much different with your family, Kris” he stopped his words as we’re stopped near the park. It’s a silent; we enjoyed the sound of the wind for a while.

“I know your position, I know your condition. I’ve talked and met with your mother as well, I could say that I’m impressed that she could treat my family fairly although we’re not coming from a chaebol family like yours”

“Sir, it wasn’t like that. We don’t care-“

“You have to care. My family is important for me, as well as yours. You have to care; you hold the reputation of your family as well. I’m happy that you even consider to marry Jinah again, but before all of this things go further, Kris, please make sure that my daughter wouldn’t be the victim again” he hung his words, sighing softly.

“Talk to your mother first and to your big family. You know Jinah’s condition and how it would affect your position if you still thinking to marry her. It’s not only about you, Kris. It’s not only about having the love that you want; if you love my daughter, you have to think about the future she’s having. And I won’t tolerate anyone who hurt her in any way”

“I love Jinah” I blurted the world suddenly. It was like her father was not trusting me enough about this matter and judging the way he’s doubting that my family would accept Jinah once again, it would be a bit hard to obtain his bless for us.

“I know” he replied, nodding in sure. “I’m certain about what you feel to her and I know how my daughter values you as well. But as I said earlier, Kris. It’s not only about the two of you. You can love her as much as she loves you. But life doesn’t work that way” he shook his head slowly before turning around and changed the direction.

“Let’s go back to the pension” he just said lightly, shrugging his shoulder as I followed him. This short walk was indeed an excuse for him to talk with me without having Jinah around”

“I don’t want to talk about this later at home” he said, kept walking.

“But Sir...”

“Talk to your family first. If you know where your stance and the future you might have with my daughter, tell me. There, I’ll let you know whether I approve you or not”

“Sir-“

“I don’t want to object your relationship with my daughter. I know you two loves each other and I have a belief that you’re going to make her happy. But Kris, talking about your family is another story. I don’t want Jinah thought that you two would have a happy ending when you clearly know that there’s a high chance of objection from your family. And if that ever happen-“

“If I have to leave my family to stay with her, I would” I cut his words quickly. I couldn’t stand listen to the negative thought of my future relationship with Jinah.

Jinah’s father stopped his steps and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

“I’m afraid my daughter would do the same thing if I ever objected your relationship with her” he said, chuckling as he patted my shoulder softly. “Let’s not go to that extend, hmm?”

Dragging my feet hesitantly, I followed him to walk back to the pension. I could say I went silent most of the time, only listening to him talking about the weather, the politic issue, everything but Jinah. I was battling with my mind, it wasn’t like he said no about me wanting to be with Jinah but it wasn’t a yes as well, for he wanted me to talk with my family first before going out with Jinah again.

“Don’t think too much. You’ll worry my girl and if she knew that I was the one who made you frown like this, she would hate me immediately” her father said, playfully smiling as he patted my back a little hard than usual. I looked up and found Jinah was sitting at the backyard, looking down as she played with the tip of her dress. When she heard the sound of the wooded gate opened, she immediately looked to the side and smiled brightly upon seeing me and her father coming back.

Jinah was smiling as brightly as she came for me, but I just knew that without me telling her she could read me, that I was worrying something. She got her hands wrapped around my left arm, comfortably snuggling at me while we followed her father behind.

“No sleeping together tonight. You sleep with your mother, I’m sleeping with Kris” his father said, appointing at her before walking inside the pension.

We looked at each other and couldn’t hide our grin.

“We definitely should leave this pension tomorrow” she said playfully, stepping to the balcony. I second to that.

“Definitely”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Breaking News. Recently the W Hotel of Wu Global Company is filled with so many reporters as well as their board directors’ members and managers. This one of the biggest group in Asia is having a problem recently after almost half of their directors refused to support the current management system inside the giant Chinese company that ran the business mainly in South Korea. Following her plan of resignation, Helen Wu already prepared her successor, Kris Wu, her only son, to continue reign the company. It’s natural since the company was established by her father in law and her late husband developed it pretty good so practically her son would be the next lead of the huge company. The business they’re holding is not only the W Hotel which attracted so many visitors, but also other properties like the resort in Jeju and the luxurious apartment complex in several countries. They also built a hotel chain, developing the W Hotel in more than 10 spots around the world.

And although being doubted by the board director member, Kris Wu proved that he could and able to do his job as the future leader of the company. Too bad, not everyone agreed to support him. The team who don’t support his way to be the next CEO in the Wu Global Company wants him to step down from the heir position. And as the battle between the two opponents continued, a dramatic decrease of the company share was shown everywhere. And to solve this problem the board members continued to discuss the problem at the main office of Wu Global Company. Until this news broadcast, there’s still no update on the upcoming meeting. We’re looking forward to the next step of the management

 

I quickly took the remote controller and turned the TV off as I heard heavy steps on the stairs. The iron stairs were giving a different vibe inside Kris’ suite that screamed perfection. I really loved every details of this suite; I couldn’t stop admiring the large clear window around the whole unit, admiring the morning sun while I snuggled to Kris on his bed.

We’re back at his apartment from my parent’s pension, deciding that leaving them alone would be better to respect their holiday getaway as we got ours. Weekend was passed quickly with me having a day with my parents along with my so called boyfriend, Kris Wu. Despite my father’s warning about not staying together, I haven’t left his suite since Sunday and trapped with Kris inside his gorgeous suite would only mean one thing: endless love making activities. That’s festive, I should say. I was rarely the one who worked up on the ual act, but I missed him so much I ended up asking more from him. And aside from my need, I knew that he’s having a thought in his mind, probably because of my father’s words towards him. I just wanted him to be relax, he’s being too nervous lately as he’s about to face the final debate with the opposed side.

Kris had been working the past three days diligently. He’s not coming back late at night, but he always had his face remained stoic, he even did his old habit; sleep talking as he begged me not to go. But this time, he called on his father, and I just knew how badly this issue affected him. I didn’t want to talk about it with him, not when he’s about to have the meeting that would decide his future. I didn’t want to him feeling worry, so I tried my best to make him at ease.     

He looked so serious this morning as he walked to the kitchen. He already bathed and changed to his suit, another dark suit, just like usual. I already got myself prepared as well; I need to see my agency to talk about my cancelled holiday as well as the possibly delayed project. There would be a lot of things to talk, especially about future project and my career since Kris wanted me to stay near with him, which kind of impossible for I already had a new contract with the agency in Europe.

“Morning” I said to him, giving him his cup of coffee. He took it but before sipping it, Kris placed it back to the table and brought me to his arm. He placed his nose on my shoulder, sniffing on my skin. I rubbed his hands that are wrapping my waist, attempting to look at him. Playing with his hair, I softly turned my body and looked at him. This cute giant was somehow looked miserable.

“What’s up, Baby?” I asked him. He pouted but before saying anything, he hugged me tightly.  

“I’m stress. I don’t know what I should do for this final vote” he said softly.

“It’s ok; you’ve done very well for the time being. You’ve presented your plans for the business in the future, you also prepared everything well.  Those who listened to your presentation should know that their future leader is right in front of them, Kris Wu” I told him, rubbing his cheek with my palm as I smiled.

“I want you to be there” he said, hugging my waist as he made me looked up to him.

“Hmm?”

“The vote will be ended around 4 PM and whatever the decision, whatever the result, I want you to be by my side”

I tilted my head, touching the tip of his nose. “Mmm... let me check my schedule” he gave me a glare and I quickly laughed at him.

“Of course I will be there...” I told him, reassuring him that I would stay by his side, no matter what.

He’s been having a doubt in so many aspects, including the day he talked to my father. I knew that my father has not yet giving us the green light, but I wouldn’t want anyone else but Kris in my life. And to be by his side had been my main goal these days. I just wanted him to feel fine, to feel okay. He’s so talented and a naturally born leader, he just needed someone to reassure him.

“Baby, everything will be okay” I said, hugging him and placed my cheek against his chest. I could hear his heart beating pretty fast, showing how nervous he was. I rubbed his chest slowly then placed a soft kiss there, in returned, Kris played with the back of my hair.

“Thank you” he whispered before he kissed the top of my head. He pulled back from the hug and grinned widely.

“What’s with the grin?” I asked him, narrowing my eyes.

“You know...” he started with touching my arms. “You’re my mood booster”

“I know pretty much” I nodded.

“It would be great if you could, you know... kind of boosting my mood again” he shrugged, pretending that it was some casual conversation. I knew what he wanted; I just didn’t want to give it, yet.

“Kris, you’ve been working on me the past weekend...” I told him.

“Yes, and that’s great. I don’t need the whole acts-“I eyed him suspiciously, “for now” he continued. “I just-“

I cut his words and slung my arms around his neck, half jumping to his body, giggling before I kissed his luscious lips. Kris quickly took my legs and placed it around his waist as he worked his hands to hold on my body, responding to my kiss a bit wild. He had walked us to the dinner table and placed me there, only to kiss me more and more. I released a soft sigh as we broke the kiss shortly, placing my forehead against his. He moved forward and kissed me one more time, a sweet long kiss that didn’t require sweat.

“Uh... Your tie...” I told him, fixing the tie for him and then moved to tidy his hair. I rubbed his lips softly, it’s messed with my lipstick and the pink color somehow smeared there.

“Honey, you better work on your makeup again” he commented as he rubbed his lips on my forehead. “I should get going...” he told me. I nodded and one last time, kissed his cheeks.

“Good luck, Baby. I’ll see you soon, hmm?”

He nodded, walking to the door. “Stay there, I don’t want to see you near me or I could forget everything and jumped on you” he warned me playfully.

“I’ll be a good girl this morning” I shrugged and smiled at him, waving him a goodbye. As I saw him opened the door, I noticed something was missing.

“Kris?”

“Hmm?” he responded, looking at me.

“I love you” I said, smiling at him.

“I love you too” he replied.

And just by that, he left. I sighed as I looked up, rubbing on my face and realized that I really need to redo my makeup. I must have been looked like a mess in this state. But before that, I should finalize the breakfast that I prepared for myself back in the kitchen.

I cut more vegetables and put the dressing on a plastic container for my morning salad. I smiled to myself when I thought how crazy the kiss earlier was. Both of us really looked like a crazy teenager in love, I couldn’t be away from him and Kris... well, he’s pretty much chained himself to me. We’re inseparable these days.

Right when I placed all the dirty plates and knife, I heard someone unlocked the door. I couldn’t see anyone from the kitchen, so I decided to go out to see who was coming. Kris said no one knew about his suite codes aside from me and Chen. But Chen would be with him, so it must have been him. Probably he forgot to bring something.

“Honey, is there anything you forgot-“

I stopped my steps as I saw the only person I haven’t met after my coming back.

It’s Kris’ mother.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This is a gratitude post for all of you who had been supporting this story. I don’t know if this chapter is messy or not, I wrote it in the middle of my regular work over time so if there’s any part that went a bit off, pardon me. I tried to reread it and hoped that it’d be ok to waste on your time ;)

Happy reading! And thank you for liking and supporting Perfect Timing. Time flies, it’s a year already ever since I started this story with these two people... Looking forward to your feedback guys! :D

xoxo,

yuriyaa