Reason

Perfect Timing

 

"Reason"

 

I left my mom with a promise that I would explain everything. I knew that my mom must have been really angry over this matter, she yelled to her personal assistant to turn off phones all over the house since it kept ringing ever since last night’s broadcast. It was good that no reporters knew our mansion, they might be surrounded the house just to get a clarification about what I said regarding the pregnancy and possible wedding in the future. But before that, I’ll have to go for Im Jinah.

She couldn’t leave far since there’s no public transportation around here and the road from the main building to the gate of my house surely took more than twenty minutes to go by foot. I passed the main door and half running, jumped into my car to look for her. I found her near the park as she walked mindlessly in her night dress and the slippers that looked too big for her feet. Her hair was pulled into a loose tie at her back. I stopped the car and stepped out to catch on her.

“Hey” I called her and she just slightly turned around before continued to walk again, ignoring me. “Get in the car” I told her. I knew she wouldn’t listen to my words just like that, but at least I should try.

“Miss Im” I called her impatiently. “Stop ruined my day” I added in annoyance and that’s all I need to get her attention.

She scoffed and crossed her hands in front of her chest. “Yes, I might be ruined your day but you’ve just ruined my life. What do you want, Mr. Wu? Screwing me to the very last piece of me?”

“I just want you to get inside the car and let’s talk about this in a warmer place” I said. Even on my red thick sweater the wind still felt cold. I didn’t get how she could walk only in the sleeveless dress in this kind of weather. I intuitively took out my black outer and covered it over her shivering body. She tried to refuse it, of course, but I gripped her harder just to make her stay in place. Wrapping her with the coat, I placed my right hand over her right shoulder as I took my left hand on the left side of her body, taking her to my car.

“It’s so windy here and you might catch a cold” I said when I felt she intended of not moving. “Get in the car” I repeated, appointed the car with my chin. Again, she glared to me, and just knowing what I missed from my words, I added a short “Please” making her moved willingly and took a seat next to me.

I started to drive the car and she stayed idle. I glanced at her, I wondered if she already had her morning sickness since her face looked so pale and she’s being dragged to my mom’s house so early in the morning.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“Am I okay?” she dramatically replied, pressing each word she said. “I looked like currently and you’re asking me if I’m okay, Mr. Wu?”

Damn girls and their way to say their annoyance.

“Did my mom say anything bad to you?” I replied, trying to calm her. It’s one of the things I’ve learned when I negotiate with my client, keep calm. “You don’t have to listen to anything she said. Just listen to me”

She turned her face to me with an unreadable expression, but then she scoffed, like I was saying something funny.

“Listening to you? After all you’ve done do you think I still want to listen to your words? Oh my God, don’t you know what you’ve been doing, Mr. Wu?”

“I did everything to save you and you still don’t get it?!” I raised my voice as I pulled to the car to the sideway, stopping it. I took a deep breath and blew it roughly, making her a little surprise with what I did. She rubbed her stomach immediately, trying to breathe normally. I could see her eyes almost formed tears, but she’s holding it. For God’s sake, Kris, why you always made her looked like this?

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to snap on you... I mean-“

“It’s my entire fault, I get it. I got pregnant and ruined your life and that’s all that matter to you. Why don’t you just tell me to kill this baby? If my pregnancy really made you crazy, you should entangle yourself from me the very first day you know about it. What do you think you’re doing when you tell everyone that I’m pregnant with your child and that we’re going to get married?” she managed to speak in such a rapid tune with her fast hand movement.

I looked at her in disbelief. Did she think that I’m a heartless monster or what? Why she always accused me to be someone who wants to get rid of the baby inside her?

“You should get a rest” that’s all I said before I started the engine. It’d be better for both of us to talk in more comfortable place. She looked so tired and whatever I said would only trigger her anger towards me. Definitely we need to take a time before we discuss about this matter more.

“I want to go home” she stated as she looked away to the window.

“We’re going to Jongin’s place”

I knew she must have looked again to my direction. “I want to go my place” she stated again.

“It’s not possible to go to your apartment, the reporters already there since last night” I replied, ignoring her demanding look. “My assistant got the information from the TV” I added.  

“Then just dropped me in the nearest bus station, I’ll go to my parents’ house”

“It’s just the same there. My assistant told me earlier the situation in your parent’s place”

Her eyes grew bigger. “How… How do you know where my parents’ lived?”

“In case you didn’t know, you’ve been running in news all over the morning. There’s no way I didn’t know what’s happening to your place or your parents’ place”

She palmed her face, rubbing it tiredly. She placed her right palm to cover her eyes in frustration.  I drove the car to get in to the highway as I heard her sigh.

“I couldn’t go to my own place also” I said; just to make her feeling a little better that it’s not only her who couldn’t go home.

“Let’s just stay in Jongin’s place for today. I’ll explain everything to you there. But for now, please rest. It’ll take a little long to get there” I glanced at her and she looked blankly to the road in the front. I wish I could tell her that everything’s going to be okay.

But I myself wasn’t really sure about it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When I opened my eyes, I found myself awakened on the familiar bed at Jongin’s where I spent the night. I blinked for a few times before I realized that I still wore the night dress with Kris Wu’s coat hanging on the chair next to me; the difference was that I’m covered with the warm blanket.

“You’re awake?” a female voice that I recognized was heard and when I looked to the door, Sora was walking inside with a tray in her hand. She smiled to me when she placed the food tray, helping me to sit up and rested my back to the soft cushions that’s placed on the bed rest. “Feeling better?”

“How did I get here?” I asked here in a hoarse voice, clearing my throat.

“You’re sleeping when I saw Kris Wu picked you up to this room. Are you okay?” Sora placed her palm on my forehead, checking on my body temperature. I slightly nodded, before I yawned a little, I’m still feeling all sleepy. I recalled that I was feeling sleepy on the way back to Jongin’s place, but something caught my attention.

“Wait. How do you get here, Sora?” I asked her in curiosity. I left my phone with Minkyung so I couldn’t contact Sora and Minkyung would not ask Sora to come here since she didn’t even know my whereabouts.

“Your husband-to-be surely show his class” Sora replied, winking her eyes. She made me drink the water before she sit down next to me and started to feed me with the warm chicken soup. “I was in my place when his friend, Kim Jongin, picked me up to check up on you”

“Where did he get the information about you?” I frowned.

“I asked the same thing to Mr. Kim and he said that Mr. Chen, your husband’s personal assistant, actually knew the places you’ve visited the past few weeks”

“He sent someone to follow me?” I blew the air in annoyance. “And stop using the word “husband”, Sora. Are you going to annoy me too?”

Sora let out a chuckle. “No, Darling. It’s just, it’s pretty cool for him to confess like that” she smiled again, before making me eat another spoon of the soup. “I like that guy”

“Who?”

“Kris Wu”

“You have Yoochun oppa!” I scolded her. Sora rolled her eyes and slapped my arm playfully. “Not in that way you silly! If he really wants to be your husband, then I’ll approve. He’s good”

I looked at her in disbelief. “How much does he pay you to tell this kind of things in front of me?”

Sora giggled and cupped my face. “My pretty pretty pretty friend” she said with a cute tune, like she always does to her kids patients. “I’m just telling you this kind of things as a friend. He’s a good guy, so if you’re saying yes to his proposal, I’m fully agree with you”

“He didn’t propose me, Sora”

“But he told the nation that he’s going to marry you”

“He had just messing up my plan”

“He’s just saving you from problem” Sora responded impatiently. “Listen, how old is you right now?”

“Sora, you do know exactly how old-“

“How old?” she asked me with a demanding look. Ok, serious Sora mode: ON.

“I’m twenty seven years old”

“…Which made you mature enough to be responsible with everything you do or about to do. You’re the one who wants to have the baby, Jinah. But to think about it again, you clearly can’t do it alone, not with your weak condition and responsibility over your jobs” Sora said while she looked at me. She tucked my hair to the back of my ears, realizing that I was thinking about her words. It wasn’t the first time I’ve been thinking about this matter though, but still…

“I’m not saying that you can use Kris Wu’s money, no, it’s not about that. It’s more about how the baby going to born to this world and grow up. You’ve got to think about it”

“I haven’t told anyone but you and him about this pregnancy, and now… it’d be a talk of the town. What is wrong with him?” I helplessly sighed.

Today I supposed to tell my agency about my pregnancy and asked them to hand me the cancellation agreement since I broke the terms on the contract. And once I got settled with them, I will have to do press conference to announce my pregnancy and my withdrawal from the modelling world as I planned to have my pregnancy outside the country, at least I could do that, receiving the help of my friend who are currently staying in London. I was crazy indeed, but I think that would be a perfect plan. I should also explain to my parents though and not wanting to bother them with my very own problem, I prefer to go out for a while. My parents should be the least person who got affected by this pregnancy though.

I suddenly remembered that my parents are going to land in few hours in Seoul and right when they set their foot here, there would be a lot of reporters asking the pregnancy of their only daughter, which is me. My parents must have been shocked, with me missing in action and suddenly made appearance just to confirm that I’m indeed pregnant. But no matter how crazy was that sounds, I’m still on my decision: I’m going to keep this baby.

A soft knock was heard from the outside. Sora allowed the person to get in, revealing Jongin who stood behind the door. He nodded politely to Sora and looked at me. He smiled widely and walked inside with his hands placed inside his pants pocket. He locked so domestic with only his grey pants, black shirt, and dark grey ed sweater.

“Am I disturbing you two?” he asked. Sora immediately shook her head as she stood up while taking the food tray.

“Jinah had just had her breakfast” she said to him. “Is there anything you want to tell, Mr. Kim?”

Jongin cleared his throat, shook his head. “Well since you haven’t changed since the morning, can Kris hyung see you when you’re done taking a bath, Noona?” he eyed me.

I exchanged glance with Sora and she just nodded, anticipating my answer. I looked at Jongin who had a fair interest on me. “Ok”

“I already prepared your clothes, Jinah. Considering that you might not be able to go back to your place because of the reporters…” Sora said, appointed my luggage at the corner of the room. “I’ll go to the pharmacist for a while to take your prescription. Your vitamin is almost run out, so I ordered again” she told me. I just nodded in return, saying thanks to her. Sora left the room followed by Jongin, leaving me all alone in the wide room.

I checked on my luggage and looked for comfortable clothes to wear. I’m not in a good shape today; all I wanted was taking a bath and a deep sleep, so maybe I could forget about everything. That maybe when I woke up, everything that happened last night was only dream. Or even better, that the whole pregnancy things were just a nightmare. But I knew it was just my wishful thinking. I walked inside the bathroom, to see my reflection on the mirror. I looked totally like a mess with my disheveled hair, pale face, and dark eyes. I almost didn’t recognize the woman who looked back at me in the mirror.

I really didn’t understand how much I’ve changed the past weeks, well, ever since I heard about my pregnancy to be exact. This is totally not a joke, I tried to remind myself how serious this matter but somehow I still felt that it’s not real, that it’s just on my mind and not happened in real life. I felt my heart clenched over the fact that I’ve just ruined my own life.   

“It’s fine, Jinah. It’s fine” I muttered the word as I wiped away the tears that’s almost running on my cheek. I noticed the red marks around my eyes, biting my lower lip as I tried to stop the tears to come. There’s no use to cry, it wouldn’t and couldn’t help me. At a time like this, I’m feeling like I want to give up on everything. But it’s this little thing inside also who reminds me that I have to survive.

Indeed, I have to stay alive, no matter how weird it was to feel connected to something foreign inside me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Feeling better?”

I asked her once we sat on the sofa in Jongin’s living room. He and Sora, Im Jinah’s friend, went out to the pharmacist; they planned to take her vitamins, which we all knew was just an excuse to let me have a time to talk with her. Different from her images on the runway, she looked more comfortable on her strapped flowery dress that stopped at her knee, covered with her oversized crème cardigan. Her hair was tied down to her back. A flash of pink colored her lips, and other than that she didn’t put on any make up.  

She looked a little better after she took her breakfast. I didn’t miss the smell of her perfume when she sat across me. Somehow I noticed she rubbed her stomach several times, afraid that there’s something wrong with her I checked up on her.      

“Are you feeling sick somewhere?”

She shook her head, resting to the back of the sofa. “No, it’s normal…” she replied. “It’ll get better in time”

I was hesitated for a while, but I knew that I have to talk with her. But words seemed to fail me, since all I could do was tapping my feet on the floor.

“Do you want to say something?” she asked me, eyeing with a curious look.

“I think it’s time for us to discuss about what are we going to do”

We?”

“I don’t think you’re going to refuse to do this” I said, crossing my arm in front of his chess while looking at her. “Let me tell you the plan”

“If needed, we’re going to do the press conference regarding our wedding that’s going to be held the next 4 weeks, the latest. Listen to me first” I said right when she’s about to open to protest. “We’ll go to your agency and tell them that we decided to get married. Any charge of your violated agreement with the agency and the brands that you’re promoting will be paid by me, so I don’t want to hear them sue you. You’re going to be married to me, deliver the baby, and just continue your life with whatever you want, I will fund you fully”

It’s silent. I watched her reaction over my explanation, but she remained idle. She took a deep breath before she looked at me.

“Is that it?” she asked.

“Anything else you wish me to do?”

“Are you going to keep me forever?” she asked with a soft voice, almost like a whimper.

“Pardon me?”

What does her talking about? Keeping her forever?

“Your plan sounds well prepared, but it’s so costly. You do understand that we’re not talking about Won when I’m making agreement with the brand, right?” she started to gain strength in her words.

“Dollars or any currency are fine with me” I shrugged my shoulder, leaning to the sofa.

It seemed that she couldn’t say anything. Was I not explaining things clearly? I thought I’ve explained it very well, step by step. I didn’t get girls sometimes.  

“Ok, but what do you get from this?”

“Are we really going through this again?” I ran my fingers on my hair impatiently. “I’ve told you, I’ll get my insurance, that you and the baby will be safe. You surely not listening to me when I said that there’ll be no words regarding this pregnancy from you”

She scoffed as she heard my words. “There’ll be no difference, Mr. Wu, whether I’m the one who tells it or you. Oh, well, there’ll be. I’ve promised you that I won’t bring you to this pregnancy matter, but as you see by yourself, you’re the one who drag yourself in. So tell me, where’s the part of my fault?”

“I never told you that I didn’t want to be the part of this thing. I said, you should not telling about this pregnancy by yourself, I’ll be the one who said it”

“What for? Did you realize what you’ve done? I planned to do it in such a clean and silent manner, but you’ve just put the bomb and blew everything. I didn’t even…” she desperately covered her face, while shaking her head, stopping her words for a while.

“What do you want?” she asked after being silent for seconds. “What do you get from doing all of this?”

I looked down to the floor. It’s been on my mind for a while and after talking about it on and on and on with Chen, I’ve just realized that she’s carrying something precious. I’m selfish, I know, but I couldn’t help it. She’s somehow would be my life savior for now, and I could and would do anything to protect it.

“Do this for the baby, Miss Im. Think about its future in the next few years. No matter what, the baby is still going to be a Wu”

She looked at me with a confused face.

“And what’s it all about? About the baby being a Wu?”

I sighed; I really didn’t want to do this. But maybe, it’ll be helpful to make her understand the situation.

“You’re carrying the last successor of the Wu. And I’ll do whatever it takes to protect it”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I played with my fingers as I rested my back on the bed rest. I’ve been thinking too much the past few hours that I started to get dizzy. I had my lunch and now I’ve been eating the fruits; this pregnancy really made me become an eating monster, I couldn’t stop munching. But that’s not the point, I got a cramp earlier and I believed that it’s caused by me overthinking about the matter in my head.

Let’s do exchange here. I’ve got the baby as the part of my family and you got your fair share as the mother. I wouldn’t take the baby or separate you from it, but please, let me do my best to give everything for the baby. I promised you that he or she wouldn’t lack anything when they grow up, but the baby has to be registered in my family tree. So I will need you to be my wife, for the sake of the baby

I never knew that my pregnancy would be this complicated. I thought I could just go away with it, but when I think about it again, maybe…maybe things aren’t going the way I want it, not when I’m tangled with the heir of a multibillion dollars company. I didn’t really care about it though; I have experienced relationship with chaebol son or basically a billionaire entrepreneur. But when it comes to a serious relationship, it always ended because the offspring mattered.

And here I am, carrying one.

What Kris Wu said was indeed true, that if I kept doing my plan it won’t bring me anywhere, especially for the baby. But I’m still confused about this matter. Like… ok, if I get married to him and deliver the baby well, what I’d got from this? Of course I’ll get my baby living a very well life, but then again, how long will I do this marriage with him? It wasn’t like we’re in love or something that he’d marry me for a long time. What if he met someone that he wanted to settle with? What if I found someone else in my life? Ok, that’s not really bothering me though, because… who would want an ex model with baby? But ok, that’s too far to think about but then again…

“Jinah”

I stopped wandering around when I heard Sora went inside the room with the vitamin and other medicine in her hands. She looked so different from this morning; she wore a worried expression on her face.

“Your parents are back in the city” she informed me. “They couldn’t reach your phone so they called me. They’re staying in W Hotel for now since your home are still filled with reporters”

“I have to meet with my parents, Sora” I said, immediately standing up. I suddenly felt so panic and of course, guilty. I couldn’t imagine how my mom and dad could take this matter. How they left me for three weeks and went back just to get the news that I’m pregnant and their house surrounded by reporters. I really have to explain everything to them.

“Kris Wu is meeting them now. I think you will have to join him, Jinah”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 7.

It’s not exactly a filler, it’s more like a reasoning over what made Kris announced the wedding and how Jinah took it, but it’s still more. Further we’ll see how this mother and father soon to be cope up with everything that’s presented to them. And have I mentioned about the Wu? Well, I’ll do a chapter or more about them. And of course, Woobin and Su Ah will make their appearance soon. We’ll also meet the parents and see what they thought for their kids who apparently going to have a baby together. It’s too much but I enjoy writing this story so…

I’m sorry I didn’t make a long update for now. I found a hard time even to update this part. I haven’t found the right way to express what I really want to say about this story. I’ll work harder to fix mistakes and update it more.

Hope you’re enjoying this. And I’m hoping you could give me a feedback on what you like or dislike about this story, whether I wrote it unclear or if you didn’t get the things I wanted to say. Feel free to share it with me.

Have a nice day!