Troubled

Perfect Timing

"Troubled"

 

2 months before the divorce issue.

I looked around the room; everyone was putting a nervous face, as well as I am. The elder called the whole family to Hong Kong where they resided and I wasn’t an excuse as well. My mother sat next to me, trying to maintain her calm expression although I knew that she’s dead worried. I had no idea what this meeting was about, until I saw the whole elder of this Wu Clan appeared. If the whole clan came to this meeting, then it only meant one thing.

“Yifan” Grandpa Ong called my name as he looked at me. He usually was the one that I met every time I was having a hard time to take a decision. “First, I wanted to convey my sympathy towards your little family. No matter how long it had passed, still, the loss of the unborn baby made me felt sad. Knowing that he’s a baby boy, it’s so sad to know that our possible future heir was dead. But as we might see the bright side, it’s thankful that Jinah is fine. I wish you a happy marriage life and bless you with the hope of a wonderful wedding”

I nodded and showed my gratitude with a deep bow.

“Secondly, I called all of you here” Grandpa Ong looked around, paying attention to where Luhan and Tao sat at the edge of the table. “To ask for the commitment that we’re all already knew” he stopped, clearing his throat before he looked at me again.

“Yifan, you’re halfway to go to 31 and I think it’s time for you to let us know, when the heir will arrive?”

I could feel stares pierced through me, I didn’t need to make sure by looking around. I cleared my throat before I started to talk. This wouldn’t be easy anymore. The last time we’re having this conversation was when I told them that I planned to marry Jinah and that we’re having baby. They didn’t oppose though, because they waited for the baby and once the news was out being it was a baby boy, they couldn’t be any happier than they were. But that’s over; they’re demanding the blood line to be continued.

“Grandpa Ong, due to the respect to all of you, please understand that I couldn’t tell when but the baby, the heir, I’ll try my best with my wife-“

“By now, Yifan, Jinah should be all well already. It’s almost a year since the accident. It’s time for you to conceive another baby” Grandpa Ong responded, eyeing me deeply.

“Uncle” my mother said, trying to jump to the conversation. “Pardon me to interfere; I just want to testify about Jinah’s condition. Yes, she’s recovering, yes she’s totally healthy by now but mentally, she’s still not ready. The loss of her first baby probably made it hard for her to bear another baby as for now. Can’t we wait for another year?”

Grandpa Ong was looking at me, I couldn’t say anything. This ridiculous heir problem really annoyed me from the very first time I was informed that at least at the age of 25 I should have the heir in the family. I was too young back then and I was still focusing to steady my career, I had no time to think of any woman. And when I finally thought that I wanted to marry someone, she ran away the night I proposed her. But as for now, as I have my wife and have to conceive a baby, the heir, I didn’t want to push anything towards me or Jinah.

Heck, we fell for each other now, it wasn’t like the first time when we’re accidentally had and conceive a baby. Although he’s gone now, still, I didn’t intend to have a baby because I have to continue a bloodline. If we’re going to have a baby, it’s because we wanted it and not because the pressure given by the elder.

“Grandpa Ong” I dared myself to talk. “The problem now is the timing of when the baby will be appeared in this family. I have my wife with me, it’s just the matter of time”

“What Yifan said is true, Uncle” aunt Mei talked for me. “We just had to wait. There’s nothing we should be worried regarding this” she added. It’s very rare that my family being supportive about me being the heir. But I think that maybe it’s the time for the whole family to unite as one, finally.

“Grandpa, as we wait for the heir, I could prove you that the business ran very well. Sure we have a little problem here and there, but over all, me along with my mother, we managed it well” I said again.

Grandpa Ong shook his head slowly. “It’s time for Helen to stop, Yifan. You are proven to be the best potential chairman for the hotel, but what about our other business? We have a very large business. Do you think you can replace your mother to handle the Wu Global company? Or...” he hung his words, looking at me directly.

“I still have to learn” I admitted.

“And so does your successor. If Helen stepped down and you can’t even handle the whole business, and no heir to inherit everything, our blood line will be finished and you can say goobye to the business that our family built from long time ago” he coldly responded.

“I just want to remind you, Yifan. You’re the only hope for now and you exactly know how important it is more than anyone in this room”

"I'll schedule a visit to the doctor for both of them, Uncle" my mom softly said, ignoring my glance at her. I looked away from my mother and everyone in this room, feeling annoyed more than ever. We're not a robot that could be programmed to follow whatever the elder said. 

Sometimes I felt like I was wrongly born to this complicated household. And I felt really bad to drag Jinah inside.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I looked blankly at my lap where my health result placed. The envelope was opened, revealed the paper inside; a letter and the sonogram of my ovary condition. Those were two things I wanted to see on this tiring day though; I’m not even in the mood to talk about it. Partially, I wished I never went to the hospital two weeks ago to confirm about the pregnancy that I thought was there, if I never had known about it, especially the result that I have now, I probably could stay next to Kris without feeling awful. Maybe right now I would calling him and spending the next twenty minutes talking nonsense and just listened to his voice, like I used to do, without feeling terrible and burdened like now. And not miserably sitting at the back of my car, looking so desperate.

Sora took the envelope and put the paper inside, carefully closing it and took the envelope next to her side while she held my hand. I was still looking at my lap, now to my floral skirt; there’s nothing to see, there’s no interesting thing there, I just couldn’t hold up my face. She moved closer to me and linked her arm to my right hand, slowly rubbing my skin. I knew she wanted to say something but as she’s my very best friend, she knew that I didn’t want to talk right now, so Sora was just letting me know that she’s there if I need her; and I need her. I moved to her side as well and as Sora kept my hand; I placed my head on her shoulder, closing my eyes as I managed my breath.

It was so hard to take a single breathe, it was like I have such a huge weight on my chest that I couldn’t even breathe properly. But as I closed my eyes, the air slowly filled my lungs and at last, I could feel the fresh air coming from the outside of the car. I let the window opened as the car moved, I really couldn’t breathe the moment I entered the car. And as the chauffer moved the car further away from the hospital, I recalled what was happened in the doctor’s room earlier.

“There’s infection inside your ovary, Mrs. Wu. Probably it was due to the accident, after the baby was taken out from your body, inflammation started there and in the end, infected your right ovary” the doctor explained as she appointed the sonogram where I saw the inflammation part of my ovary.

“What would happen if this is continue?” I asked her. “The infection, I mean”

“It might affected the other side of the ovary”

“And that means?”

The doctor looked at me before answering. 

“That means you’re going to have almost zero possibility to have a baby”

It was my turn to look at the doctor, it was as if her words were a joke or if I misheard something, I couldn’t stop looking at her. But her expression remained the same; steady and serious. I knew she’s not the first doctor to tell me about it; previously I went to another two different hospitals to make sure that what I heard was wrong. But this one, this hospital honestly telling me that I might not be able to get pregnant for the rest of my life. I knew this might be said by the doctor, but to finally hear it directly, I felt that I’m not ready to accept the reality.

“Mrs. Wu, if you’re still not sure, you can go ask another hospital but rather than rechecking it again and again, it would be better if you focus on how to heal it” the doctor said, trying to add a smile but failed to do so as I remained expressionless.

“Is it curable?” Sora asked the doctor.

“We could remove the infected part and keep the other one but we have to monitor the condition, since it means that you’re only have one ovary left” the doctor appointed the part of my ovary once again. One was infected; the other one couldn’t be said healthy as well. 

“The procedure wouldn’t be like a major surgery, it could be considered as minor surgery and you could start working again not too long after the surgery”

“And after that, can I get pregnant again?” I asked her, making the doctor exchanged look with Sora who’s sitting next to me.

“We can always try, Mrs. Wu. But I want to be honest with you; the chance is really low that you could get pregnant again with this condition”

I might not be able to have a baby. Not now, not ever.

“I’m scared, Sora” I whispered as I hold on my tears, grabbing her hand as I grasped it hard.
“Hey, you don’t have to feel scared. You have me, you have your parents, and there’s Kris who will always be by your side. Besides, the doctor said that you might not be pregnant again if you never take the infected part. There’s still chance for you to get pregnant, Jinah” she explained, sounded so calm but I knew she’s not. When Sora was pretending, she always spoke faster and saying things in contrary. And she did.

I shook my head slowly. “It’s not, Sora...”

“Jinah...”

I took her hand and looked at her pale face. “Sora, you have to promise me”

“No, I don’t want to promise anything” she quickly shook her head, like she knew what I was about to say. “No Jinah”

“Sora...” I called her weakly.

“You can’t do that!” she said while glaring at me. I shook my head. “I have to do this, Sora”

“No, there’s still another way, Jinah. Be honest!” she said as she looked at me, pleading.

“Jinah, right now it’s only me who knows about it. You haven’t tell your parents and Kris, they deserve to get the explanation from you. Please...”

I took a long breathe before I could looked at her again. “Sora, you have to promise me. Whatever it takes, whatever happens, you’re not going to say any single words you know about my condition to Kris. You’re going to pretend that there’s nothing and I went to hospital only to do my usual checkup routine, not more, not less”

“Jinah...” she still looked hesitated towards my words. “And what are you going to do? Are you planning to.... leave?”

“Please” I said to her. “Please, Sora”

“Jinah, tell me. What do you have in mind?” She looked at me with unreadable expression, like she couldn’t understand me but she should understand this situation, she really should understand my decision.

“Don’t tell Kris, Sora. He should never know about this. Promise me”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I had just changed my clothes at home when Kris called me. I was hesitated to take his call actually; I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him. It was seemed like I felt a bit guilty if I talked to him and not telling him the result of my visit to the hospital. But I didn’t want to make him feeling worried and I didn’t intend to be honest with him. He’s been away to Hong Kong for the past two days along with his mother. Business meeting, he said.

“Hey” he said with his happy voice.

“Hi” I replied as I walked downstairs. I planned to check with the maid about the food that I wanted to prepare for Kris. I bet he wanted to eat something later when he arrived. He should be back by tonight.

“Where are you?” he asked me.

“At home, just back from the mall” I replied, casually lying to him.

“Got anything good?”

I shrugged carelessly. “Hmm, yes, stuff”

“Like what?”

I cleared my throat; it was my habit before I lied. I must have been clearing my throat before telling the lie. “Hmm..Shoes, bags, several items that I need”

“You need or you want? You have the whole walking closet for you only and you still need new items, hmm?” he playfully teased me. “But if that makes you happy, do it” he added, letting his deep laugh voice. Oh my God, why suddenly I felt like I really miss him?
We talked about several random things, he asked me what I was doing the past two days without him (although he called me every day and he just went for two days, Kris really couldn’t stop be in touch with me), he told me about his project for the Jeju resort launch, and as we spoke I didn’t realize that I kept walking around the house and my feet brought me to the only room I never visited ever since I moved back to this house.

Baby Bear’s room.

I had my hand lingered at the top of the room holder, hesitated in between opening the room or not. But for unknown reason, I wanted to get inside so as I talked with Kris, I dared myself to open the door and walked in.

The room smelled like the last time I left it, it was a conifer scent that I like. The maid always cleaned it every time I wasn’t at home, so I didn’t have to see it. I knew it’s too much, that I should be able to move on already; but the thought of having a baby room when there’s no baby inside always successfully put me on tears.

I saw everything was still in its place and it’s somehow triggered my memories upon this room. The first time Kris showed the empty room, the time I walked inside and take note on what to do and what to put in the room, the day we decorated it with the help of Kris’ friends, the first time we’re being intimately close towards each other, the moment I took a nap at the couch inside the room as I read baby story for Baby Bear.... I had so many memories with the baby room although the baby ever entered it. And probably, there would be no baby ever stepped inside this room.

“Honey? Are you listening to me?” I stopped my wandering mind as I heard Kris called me from the other side of the line.

“Yes, I heard you, Kris” I replied him as I touched the soft blanket on the baby crib. The blue soft material greeted my skin, I somehow wondering how it feels if my baby was there, sleeping on it. He must be feeling comfortable to sleep there. He must have been like it. I cringed at the slight pain I felt in my heart. My baby.

“I’ll call you again when I arrived home, okay? I have to get inside the plane, Baby” 

I mindlessly nodded at his words. “Take care, Kris”

“You too. See you soon”

I looked at the phone when the call ended, the screen went dark already. I touched the screen softly and there appeared the picture of Kris and me, the one that I put as the lock screen. We’re walking around Madrid for the first wedding anniversary trip and it happened just like that, we snapped a picture together. It looked good, we’re laughing happily that time. I found myself smiled at the picture, tracing his laughing face.

I love it when Kris smiled secretly or smirked or grinned or basically widely smiling as he looked at me. I never noticed his facial expression until we shared the same bed; he always appeared with so many faces that I wondered what he was dreamed about. Although for other he might appear cold and distant, I never felt that way when we’re together. He’s normally labeled as a snob just because he didn’t appear friendly, but if people get to know him better, they would understand that Kris was basically a shy and introvert kind of person. He never meant to be such an ignorant person; it was that he’s having a hard time to express what he feels. And all of this stuff; I learned it as I stayed next to him. I learned about him more and more each day and that made me feeling like I knew him finally. And the thought of it made me wanted to kill myself.

I just realized that I treasured Kris, a lot. From the very first time when we’re kept arguing every single time we met until we got married and got used to each other’s presence, I learned that I’ve found the most precious guy ever in my life. I used to think that when my relationship ended with Woobin oppa I would never find another man, but Kris came and like a magic, our relationship started to be more than just a partnership. We fell for each other and I felt really thankful to God to let me meet him, the man that I wanted to spend my life with. But again, I was not in a position to choose. We might be happy staying together, but without the baby, everything was pointless.

I couldn’t have his baby; I couldn’t carry a baby for him. And as much as I wanted to deny it, that we’re going to be happy with or without a baby, I knew that I was a burden for him, for his family, for his inheritance. My condition was not favorable for us and sooner or later, this would be problem for him. His family was on the line and there’s no way I could interfere. At this point, I really couldn’t think of anything else. What I felt for him; love, care, whatever it is, wouldn’t have much impact to save his position as the only heir of the Wu. I totally understand it the day my mother in law explained to me about how precious it was to have a baby boy in this family. I would be one of the obstacles that would hold the heir to reach his position. It’s a baby boy or Kris would be out from the inheritor list and the work his grandfather and father had been done would be gone to waste.

I kneeled on the floor as I realized what I’ve been putting him into. I cried my heart out as I tried to hold the tears by biting my lower lips, but it didn’t help. The thought of him having a hard time because of me, the way his family treated him badly, I could imagine it already and I really didn’t want any of it happened to him. The presence of the baby boy was really important as much as his position as the only heir. I knew I was crazy as I thought of this, but as much as I love him with all of my heart, I should leave him if I didn’t want those bad things happened to him.

And if leaving Kris means saving him, then I’m more than willing to do it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A month before the divorce issue.

“You want to take the work in LA?” Heechul oppa looked away from his phone and stared at me along with Hyojin unnie, my manager, and Minkyung as well.

“Why? Aren’t you planning to not go abroad for several months?” Hyojin unnie asked. When she’s not busy handling my schedule, she’s been away to other country to handle our other models and she was seemed to be surprised to know that I want to go outside the country.


I nodded. “But staying too long in the city made me sick. I always want to cry whenever I’m home, doing nothing” I reasoned. I noticed that Hyojin unnie and Heechul oppa exchanged stare, I believed they felt sympathy over me.

“Does your husband know about this?” Heechul oppa responded. I knew he must have been asking about this. I simply nodded.

“And he allowed you?” he raise one of his eyebrows in surprise, not believing what I said. If there’s anyone here who know how much Kris protected me from being overwork that would be Heechul oppa. Ever since I got pregnant, Kris was kind of involved in determining whether I could take a certain job or not. It’s either about the schedule that was too tiring for me or if the image of the project might affect his family. We’re being watched after all.

“If he’s not allowing me, there’s no way I’m gonna been here” again, I professionally lied to him. I knew Heechul oppa gonna knew it soon, but as soon as I went outside the country, the whole plan should be executed properly. And when the time came, he couldn’t do anything else but protecting me. I believed on it.

“And I want Minkyung to fully assist me from today” I added, smiling to Minkyung.

“You’re so excited to prepare on your work, huh?” Hyojin unnie asked me, softly caressing my shoulder.

I smiled at her, softly nodded. “I just want to get away with it, Unnie”

Everyone then nodded in agreement. Heechul oppa and Hyojin unnie started to talk about the upcoming schedule and contract that they would be needed while Minkyung started to prepare the wardrobe and all the necessities I might need for the comeback. I knew I was so selfish, trying to save one person and sacrifice the others. But there’s no way I’m gonna stop this. Every thing should go as planned.

It’s now or never. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Arriving at the classical building of the Kim and Partner, I parked my car at the basement and walked inside. For a personal visit like now, I should be careful and not using my driver to drive me everywhere. Kris was not a stupid person, I’m sure once everything’s done he’d tried to trace whatever clues he has. But I’m not gonna let that happen.

It’s been very quick steps that I took with Kris’ personal lawyer and good friend, Kim Junmyeon. He’s happened to be one of my friend’s ex and when I came to consult, telling him that it’s one of my friend’s problem, he listened to it carefully and giving suggestion. But he really couldn’t hide his surprise expression when I told him that it’s actually me who has the issue. But in the end, he tried to help me although it cost his friendship with my husband.
His secretary informed me to wait for him at his room while she called him; he’s been having a meeting in another room. 

I sat there, looking mindlessly at the edge of my shoes. I’ve been doing this so far, I wasn’t sure that it was what I wanted but I knew that if I didn’t do it, I would let someone that I love to be suffered. I was selfish, for not letting him knows the truth, but it’s for his own good. I didn’t dare to mess his bright future; not for the sake of thing called love. This would be the way to show him that I love him, I didn’t want him to get hurt.

Kim Junmyeon finally walked in and after we’re talking stuff, he came back to me with the documents. We agreed that for a professional work, we’re going to talk with each other by using our family name.

“Mrs. Wu, are you sure?” he asked me for the nth time ever since I told him that I wanted to get divorce. I nodded in the flattest expression I have.

“Is there anything else I should do?” I asked him, trying to make him stop giving the pity expression towards me. I need no sympathy. The more I thought about this, the higher chance I might break down and want to stop. But seriously, I couldn’t stop.

He cleared his throat and handed me a bundled of sheets filled with the words I didn’t know except for my name and my husband name.

“You just have to sign here” he appointed at an empty space under my name. “And for the rest, we’ll take care of it for you” he added.

“Will the process be short?” I asked him again, before signing the paper.

“It depends on the other party, Ma’am. If they didn’t want to do any appeal, then the decision shall be made. But we have to make sure that they also sign the paper as well. It won’t work if we’re the only one who signs it. There won’t be any discussion about the wealth and how it’s divided and-“

“I don’t need that” I cut him off. “I just want to be free. Please”

The lawyer once again gulped and checked on my serious face. I need nothing but my own life. I’ve been thinking about it over and over again and no matter how I’d be regretting it later on, this should be the best decision we have. Mr. Kim gave me the pile of files that I need to sign.

Without hesitation, I signed the papers and handed it to my lawyer; he’d known what the best thing to do with that paper is.

“Are we done?”

He nodded as he held the paper and filled it to the folder. I stood up as I took my handbag and shook my hand with Mr. Kim.

“Thanks for your help, Mr. Kim” I said softly. “You’re welcome, Mrs. Wu”

I flinch as I heard him addressing me. It’s always nice to hear, even from the very start when I thought I would never suit that name.

“You should stop calling me like that. I’m no longer a Wu” I replied shortly. As I was about to leave the room, Junmyeon called my name. 

“I know you still don’t want to tell me the real reason of this divorce, Jinah. But if it’s possible, please at least let Kris knows. He deserves the explanation”

I smiled at him and nodded. “But maybe later. If he ever knew about it, Junmyeon, there’s no way he’s going to fulfill my wish”

Junmyeon looked at me with a confused face but whatever, I couldn’t tell him more. I just nodded and left the building. I looked at the one envelope that Junmyeon gave to me. I wondered if the day finally came for me to give it to him, would I be really ready to leave Kris?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I was tired, exhausted, but at the same time feeling happy although my body was sore everywhere. I haven’t seen Kris the past two weeks, he’s dead busy handled the launching event for the resort in Jeju. I managed to see him though, accompanied him to the fullest since I knew that it would be the last time. Considering his focus for the biggest project he ever handled, the Jeju resort, I decided that at least I should be waiting for the launching event to be done. And when we finally seeing each other, although I kept wanting to cry and cry, I knew that it’d be the best if I pretended that there’s nothing wrong with us. The calm before the storm.

I missed him, seriously. I wanted to feel him one more time before I didn’t have the chance to probably seeing him again. And I knew that he missed me as much as I missed him, so when we’re tipsy, drunk, we didn’t stop exploring each other’s body and I was so glad when he made a really slow love to me. That way, it wouldn’t end soon and I could feel him longer, before I have to go.

Covering my body, I looked at Kris who’s sleeping calmly next to me. He had his hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I softly kissed his chest before I cupped his face, watching him. My gorgeous man. I traced his face slowly, softly, didn’t want to wake him up.
He must have been tired with the whole work. He’s so handsome even though he’s sleeping, lips half parted. I rubbed his lower lips with my thumb; I closed my eyes as I felt him once more. I’m so gonna miss him. 

The way his body moved along mine, the way he talked, the way he’s being a boy sometimes to get my attention. I’m gonna miss the whole him, the Kris Wu that I’ve been luckily knew for almost two years. I would never forget him, not even close. I would always remember the blessing that God gave me for meeting him in my life.

Shifting my position from sleeping to sitting, I moved closer to look at his face and decided to kiss him a goodbye. I moved my lips slowly, carefully, afraid that he’s awakened. It would be hard if he’s wide awake. I planned to leave in silent and the next meeting would be in the court, to handle the divorce between us.

Cleaning up myself before leaving, I dressed in the casual blouse and fitted jeans along with my slip on. I placed the envelope at the table in the living room, he might see it later when he wakes up in the morning. I stopped at the door, still looking at his sleeping figure. It was really hard to leave him, oh God, I love him. I love him so much I wanted to scream it, but I knew that it wouldn’t help our situation. It’s for his own good, it’s for him, I kept telling myself that. Wiping the tears that were formed at the corner of my eyes, I closed my mouth and quickly walked outside the resort to go back to Seoul.

I noted that he might be gone crazy to look for me and I still have a responsibility to explain to my parents. I’m gonna come clean to them, but maybe not today. I was so dead tired; I just wanted to go to my apartment and sleep. I should not think about Kris, I should not feeling down if later on I knew that he’s looking for me. I should be strong.
It’s for him. I told myself once again, hoping that I could face the next day as easy as I turning a new page of a book.

It’s impossible, I know.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I looked at my phone. One more hour before the earliest flight to Seoul from Jeju. There weren’t a lot of people this morning, on which I glad though. I avoided the issue with the media so I after the launching event, I left the venue but there’s no more flight to Seoul last night. Spending the night at the airport’s hotel, I finally took the earliest flight to go back to Seoul.

I’ve been avoiding crowds lately. Ever since my face got exposed to the media for the rumor of having affair with Jinah, I felt so irritated to see people looking at me. The case with Su Ah worsened the condition while I still have to work with Kris Wu. He’s so furious about Su Ah though, but considering that the project already started and about to get done, he preferred to hold his emotion and work with me. With Jinah, I didn’t dare to say anything. He never replied my text and I knew that she might need more time before she really could forgive me and the whole things with Su Ah.

It wasn’t forgivable though. She killed Jinah’s baby. I even got angry for that but Su Ah was totally crazy I guess. She didn’t appear to feel guilty at all. I sighed, shaking my head. I should not be thinking about her again.

My eyes suddenly caught a very familiar figure at the corner of the boarding room. There’s no way she’s here. She’s not even supposed to be here. I was a bit hesitant at first, but then I dared to walk to her.

“Jinah?” I called her softly.

She was quickly looked up at me and the way I saw it, she must have not yet taking any sleep. Her face looked pale, her hair was messy, and with no makeup in her face, she extremely looked depressed.

“Hey, you okay? What are you doing here?” I asked her, sitting next to her. “You’re supposed to be with Kris, right?” I asked her again.

“I supposed to be with him right, Oppa?” she weakly whispered, looking down at the floor.

“Are you fighting with him?” I carefully asked her. She didn’t say anything but then she changed her sitting position, facing me.

“Oppa, can your turn around?” she asked me.

“Wh-“

“Please” she said weakly.

I couldn’t say anything but then I followed her words. I turned around, facing my back to her. Before I could ask anything to her, I felt her head placed to my back, leaning to my body. And suddenly I felt something warm wetted the shirt that I’ve been wearing. A soft sob followed. Jinah was crying and trying to suppress her feeling.

“Jinah”

“Please let me stay like this for a minute, Oppa” she said in between her soft sobs.

I didn’t wait even for a second to follow her words, I turned around and wrapped her in my arms, carefully placing her face on my chest and she cried harder and harder. I had no idea what happened to her or with Kris. They might be having a fight. But putting aside my feeling for her, I just thought that at least I should be able to protect her, although it’s for a temporary.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello Guys!

Finally I was able to put the whole chapter, been thinking how to sew it together. If you’re kind of confused, in resume this chapter talked about whatever happened before the divorce suit being given to Kris. It’s more like the background of what happened. I’ll try to fix it again so it’d be easier to read but as for now, I think this chapter represents well the story that I wanted to tell you. There’re few things that not yet explained, please be patient, it’d be coming on the next chapter.

Sorry to keep you wait for a long time. I really tried my best to update it. I recently started reading again, so I tried to balance the time I spent to write and to read. Reading is really important for me, plus I also watched movies to gain knowledge and probably got inspired. Hope you’re all happy with this chapter. See you really soon!

xoxo, 

yuriyaa