Home

Perfect Timing

 

"Home"

 

 

“Unnie! This is me! Oh my God, aren’t you going to move away these presents?”

A loud voice was heard from the main door at my house, and just like what I’ve been expecting, my dearest auntie, auntie Minhee, appeared along with her husband and her two children, Minji and Jinki. My mom greeted them, and I followed as I went downstairs.

“Omo! My pretty girl Jinah!” Auntie Minhee loudly yelled and hugged me excitedly. “Omo! Omo! My Dear… How have you been?” she cupped my face and kissed both of my cheeks. I giggled due to the ticklish feeling caused by her kiss.

“I’m fine, Auntie” I replied once I could go away from her hug. “How’s your trip from Sydney?”

“It’s absolutely comfortable. It’s been awhile since I went back here. Oh God, I miss you!” she said again. “Kids, say hi to your unnie!” she suddenly remembered her kids and I happily greeted my cousins. The last time I saw them, they’re still in elementary school and kindergarten, but now, Jinki already on his first year of high school and Minhee is about to graduate from junior high school. My uncle hugged me too and considering their tired state, my mom asked them to immediately go to the guess room.

Well actually, ever since the marriage preparation, my house was filled with so many of my family members that came from both of my parents’ side. Only family who came from overseas who stayed in my house, the rest just came to visit me and went back to their house. And every day, I received a lot of marriage’s wedding gift, from my family, relatives, friends, and of course, the brands I’ve been working for. It’s so full and packed here; I didn’t know where to put those gifts since our basement couldn’t fit anything anymore. But somehow solution came up from none other than Kris Wu.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him when I saw him at the porch of my parents’ house. Seemed like he’s just back from a meeting that afternoon, his suit appeared a little messy and his hair was not as exquisite as it used to be, but still he’s a charmer. He managed to steal the attention of my neighbors who happened to pass my house.

“Helping you to remove the wedding gift” he replied, shrugging his shoulder casually. I looked at him with a questioning look, making him continued what he has to say. “Your mom, she called me asking whether I can help to take the wedding gift we might need later on in our house”

“My mom? She didn’t say anything to me though…”

“Ha, seems like I’m going to have an in-law that totally love me. You know, it’s a good start” he playfully smirked at me, making me rolled my eyes.

“It’s just because she needs help. If she didn’t any of your help, she wouldn’t even call you. I’m her daughter and I knew her the best, she’d definitely look at m-“

“Oh, Kris. You’re here already?”

I turned my back and I saw my mom walked to the porch, still on her apron, and she looked totally happy with his presence. My mom walked passed me, seemed like she only has Kris on her eyes.

“Oh, yes, Mrs. Im” he politely bowed to my mom, adding a smile after the polite greet.

My mom slapped his shoulder softly. “What Mrs. Im? You should start calling me with “Mom” or “Mother”, whatever you want it” she said, smiling over him. When she (finally) noticed my presence, she took my hand and pulled me closer to her.

“Later on, when your husband came home, you should be staying next to him and providing him the things he might need, like water to drink and food to eat. Always treat your husband well, okay?” my mom said as she looked at me and then Kris. Oh God, this is not good. My mother seemed to like him more and more. And it seemed like it’s me who didn’t know how close they’re. I noticed Kris nodded like he totally agreed with whatever my mom said.

“She doesn’t really have to do that, Mother” Kris suddenly said, smiling again. Really, this shameless guy… How could he be just that comfortable with my mother? Were they often met? “Jinah can do whatever she’s good at…”

“She could only walk prettily, she’s a total disaster on the kitchen” my mom said, shaking her head as she pathetically looked at me. I half-opened my mouth as I saw my mother. She betrayed me for a guy whom she barely seen and barely interact with. Yet, it seemed like she teamed well with him. I noticed a small chuckle from him upon listening to what my mom said.

“My point” he added, slyly smiled at me. Tsk, he didn’t even know anything about me yet he acted like he knew me. “Oh, Mother, while we’re at it. I’ve asked some guys to help you removing the stuff, but in mean time, can I ask Jinah for a walk? Not really far, just a walk and I’ll take her back around the evening”

I looked at him in surprise, I didn’t even know he’s going to come here, let out the information about him to take me out. I looked back at my mom, waiting for her answer. She looked a little hesitant, but in the end she nodded.

“Just please do take her back home, okay? You two will be married just in the next three days. So please, don’t go too far from home”

That’s what my mom said, and after that I found myself inside the car that Kris drove. This is the first time I saw him drove a car, instead of sitting on the back and played with his phone. This felt weird, but I decided to say nothing.

 

“Kris, where actually are we going to go?” I asked him impatiently, looking at him being focused with the road.

“We’ll arrive in minute” he said, ignored me who sat next to him.

“And you’ve been saying it for the past thirty minutes. Where are we heading actually?”

“Patience is virtue, Miss Im”

That’s his last words and I gave up to asking him more. Ever since I agreed to marry him and stay with him for the time being, I started to learn that he’s not that hard to cope up what with, even though sometimes he appeared so forceful and kind of selfish when he decided over something that relate with both of us; so whenever he refused to tell me something, I started to accept that he’s just too tough to be tamed. I found myself fell asleep during our trip; slowly I closed my eyes as we drove the highway. But once I opened my eyes, I was greeted by…trees. Really, it’s just similar with the trees around his house earlier.

I stole a glance to Kris and seemed like he knew what I though, he looked at me shortly before he looked back to the road. “No, we’re not going to see my mom” he said, pressing down the will to laugh. “Are you scared of my mom?”

“No, I’m not” I replied nonchalantly, checking on the mirror to check on my face. My eyes felt kind of heavy due to the sleepy feeling.

“It’s good then. Don’t be scared of her” he shrugged his shoulder. “Besides, she looked a little startled yet terrified with the news that you’re pregnant”

“How could you tell? She has similar face expression all the time” I commented, rolling my eyes and he laughed. Really, Kris Wu laughed over my comment about his very own mother. “What so funny about that?”

“You’re right. I do think so too… Sh- Hahaha She- Well, she has a really flat expression to whatever people say. I thought it was only me… Hahaha” he laughed just like that. You know why God is fair? This person next to me, who appeared all solemn, handsome, rich, and contented, he’s just another person in this universe. His laugh was just… how to say it, kind of changing his face. He looked, so human.

“Anyway, we’ve arrived”

I stopped checking on the mirror and found a huge building standing in front of me. There’s a bright light shining the building that have flat rooftop and seemed like it’s built from rock. The car stopped across it, parked in the middle of large grass field.

When I stepped out from the car, I could smell a fresh scent from the grass and from the air around the place. It’s such a refreshing place. Kris motioned me to walk beside him so I just followed him. When I walked closer to the building, the interior inside looked more like a house, seen from the glass wall; the building was made from rock but with glass wall all over it. 

 

 

“Is this your house?” I asked him. Since his mother’s house looked a little similar with this place (minus the old Victorian style mansion), I assumed that this hi-end building also related with him.

“This is our house” he muttered as he opened the door and let me in. I’m too surprised to respond his words, so I just blinked at him several times, unable to say anything.

“This is where we are going to live after the wedding. My penthouse is not for a baby to live in. I don’t want us to stay with my mother, not in this century. And of course, even though your parents are really kind to me-minus your father, he is kind of not like me yet, I’m not in for the option of living together with your parents. So I prepared this house” he explained, as we entered the main living room. 

 

 

The living room itself was already so big; I thought it was a hall or something. I’m used to luxurious type of living place, but really, Kris Wu really showed his class by showing me this house. There’s a huge square couch, enough for a football club members to sit together there.

“Can’t we just live in my own apartment?” I asked him out of curiosity. My apartment was also pretty big even for me. I live alone there, walking around the two story apartment. Still, it’s comfortable for me; besides, I could tolerate his presence in my apartment and the baby of course welcome there.

He shook his head. “I’m the man here. I’ll provide you with everything you need, not the other way around”

“This house is damn big, Mr. Wu”

He glanced at me and gave a small smile. “You haven’t done seeing around, Miss Im”

We continued to walk inside and there, I met the huge TV room. I mean, a very long couch placed on the room along with so many cushions, and across it, a very huge LED TV was planted on the wall. 

 

 

“I like watching movie and lazing around, so when I’m not home, feel free to use it on your own, but if I want to watch it-“

“I know, I should go away” I cut his words before he finished it.

“You’re kind of smart” he replied and continued walking. Really, I must have been really fallen for him only on my drunken state. There’s no way I would let myself fall for this kind of insensitive guy.

“This is the kitchen” he appointed another long and large room. There’s nothing small in this huge house, everything is always in gigantic size. I found that the kitchen consist of large stove, sink, dish washer, and another room for the pantry. It’s totally big. 

 

 

“No worry, you don’t have to do anything in this house. There are going to be several servants to help you getting everything you need. They will shop daily ingredients for us; they also will clean up the house and cook. You should just focus on your pregnancy and your work”

“I will be doing nothing at all?” I asked him, looking around the kitchen.

He shook his head. “No need to be. It’s not like I want to enslave you or something with the household. Let the servants do it, just tell them whatever you need. Things you like, things you dislike, anything”

I sighed but then I followed his steps to the backyard. There I found a pantry and long wooden dinner table that consisting eight people. Next to it is the pool along with two comfortable seats for sun bathing activity that’s covered under the stone canopy. The light that’s shining the pool gave me a very relaxing feeling. I walked closer to the pool, finding myself smiling over it. 

 

 

“Our family may not be much, but I bet both sides of my family and yours would come visiting us. Dinner and small parties could be done here later on…” Kris said as he stood next to me, looking to the pool also. “Happy with this house?”

I must have been crazy if I said I’m not happy with this house. It’s beyond perfect. But still…

“Isn’t it a little too much?” I looked at him in a worry glance.

First of all, whatever happened between us that result a baby in my womb was accidental. Second, we didn’t have any feeling for each other; what I have now with Kris was basically a partnership, a win-win solution for both of us. But seeing what he had done for the baby inside me, it made me really think that he’s being too much. I clearly have no idea what the future hold for us.

“It’s for my kid, there’s nothing much in here” he shrugged, having no idea how his words affected me. My kid, that’s how he claimed the thing inside me. I watched him as he looking around the pool and the sunbathing terrace. I bet any woman wanted to be on my place now, Kris Wu looked so decent yet handsome in his suit, not knowing that I’ve been looking at him.

I’m about to be married to the man I’ve never landed a feeling for and bear his child; still, I have no regret on having this baby. And there, I found myself being crazy. This was so not me. The Im Jinah three years ago probably imagining this kind of thing also; being married, having kids around the house, living happily ever after- but not with the person I spent a wild night with. I had all that dreams and hopes, which buried down years ago.

“Do you want to see the bedroom?” he suddenly turned back and faced me. Oh yeah, I forgot I still have to look around the house. I just nodded and he brought me downstairs. Apparently, the floor we’re in was the top part of the house.

We went downstairs and once again, I was greeted by another breathtaking interior design of the house. A large living room consists of couch, pantry, and hearth welcoming me as I landed on the floor after taking the long staircase. White color dominated the room and I noticed there were several paintings hung there. I have no idea how many living rooms needed for this house. 

 

 

“This area is more private, only close friends allowed here, I guess. I don’t think both of us like to have the party held in our private space, right?” he said, turning around the spacious room. “This is also where our room located”

I felt a little nervous when I heard the words “Our room”. This pregnancy and marriage preparation must have been really consumed me, I didn’t realize I was about to live under the same roof with this almighty guy in front of me. Seemed like he didn’t notice my silent, he walked first and motioned me to follow him.

We stopped at the dark large wooden door, when he opened it, I couldn’t stop admiring what’s inside. A huge bed with lots of cushions and comfortable blanket appeared right in front of me, with a small couch in front of it. Monochrome color dominated the room, with dark brown wall at the back of the bed along the dim lights that helped to shined it. The right side of the room was kind of spacious with mirror planted on the wall and at the left side, a pretty white wide drawer stood there. Grey carpet covered the floor and gave a completely comfortable vibe on the room. 

 

 

“It’s the master bedroom” he said, looking at me. I was about to ask him something before he walked to the right side of the room where the mirror-wall placed. “And this is your bedroom” he added, slightly pushed the mirror and there appeared another bed.

A classic Victorian bed with smaller cushions on it displayed in the middle of the room and I found myself gasped over the view. There’s a bedside lamp and small drawer, two chairs placed across it along with a big chandelier on the ceiling, giving an exclusive touch of the room. It’s different from the master bedroom that strongly gave a minimalist look, this bedroom looked classy and of course, pretty. A bathroom placed next to the vanity table and another door opened by Kris, making me walking closer to him. 

 

 

“I hope this meet your taste…” he mumbled, and again, I shook my head as I found a large walking closet – larger than mine in my current apartment. Everything placed in its place and very organized. I noticed several of my clothes, dresses, and shoes appeared there. Or is it just me?

“Is it…” I walked closer to the handbag rack and found my favorite Gucci bag there, I’ve been looking for it since yesterday but I couldn’t find it at my parent’s home. I looked at him and he just looked at me back.

“Your assistant helped me to arrange this room. All of your stuff already placed here, you have to worry nothing after the wedding reception. We can directly go here”

“What? Minkyung did all of this?”

He nodded. “Hopefully there's nothing missed to be placed here”

I rechecked the stuff and realized that all of it was indeed mine, but I noticed one category that’s missing which should appear here.

“Where’s my high heels shoes? I don’t see any of it…” I looked at the shoe rack and found only flats, sandals, and kitten heels shoes there. I turned to him and he shrugged.

“As I said, no heels during your pregnancy so-“

“Are you now trying to order me around?” I furrowed at him. I love my heels for God sake and even though they're not being used, at least I could still keep it. 

“You’re pregnant, and it’s not good for you to wear those heels. Beside, you’re tall. You don’t need to over tower people” he commented. “Don’t worry, your heels are placed in a very safe place, no one will take it away”

“Whatever” I ignored what he said and decided to check on the bathroom. It’s large (what is not large in this house?) and I love it, it gave me a calm and relaxing feeling. Once I’m done with my tour around my bedroom, we went back to the master bedroom.

 

“We’re not sleeping in the same bed, if that’s what you’re thinking” he said when he caught me looking at the large bed. “But in case your parents came here and decided to stay a night, I didn’t want them to think that we’re not really married. So, I managed to have two bedrooms merged as one. No worry, you can lock that door” he appointed to the connecting door that’s covered with mirror, “and I’m next to your bedroom, so whenever you need help, just scream or yell”

I chuckled at him. Really, how much is this guy being thinking about all of this? It’s sort of…cute. I mean, from our several meetings, he never really impressed me; he managed to annoy me but now, seeing how he took everything seriously, I started to think that he’s really mean everything he did, for me and for the baby.

“My walking closet would be here and next to it is my bathroom” he appointed to the door at the left side of the room. “I think I need you to see one more room here” he said, motioned me to follow him.

We walked out from the room and turned left to see another door. He opened the door and for the first time, I saw nothing inside. I looked back to Kris, about to ask him what is the room we’re in, but he cleared his throat and talked to me first.

“This is the baby room” he said, looking at me. “I have no idea how you want it, so I let it be empty. You can decorate it the way you want it”

I looked at him in disbelief. How would he know? I always have this little projection about me doing the design and decoration of my baby’s room. I’ll go with my future husband to go to the baby store and we could spend all day shopping for the stuff I wanted. I’ll place the crib, the toys, the shower kit, the clothes, everything my baby need, I’ll provide it.   

“I knew we’re not married for real. I mean, yes, legally we’re going to be married but I don’t think both of us will have a normal husband and wife relationship, right?” he waited for my confirmation.

I nodded slowly. Sure, it’s true. We are going to sleep in different room, no personal issue being talked with each other and we’re just going to pretend to be a happy family in front of everyone but back home, I’ll be me and he’ll be him. We’re not going to do anything across the boundaries. And when we acted as one that would be when the baby inside me comes to this world. Kris promised that he’d be a full time father for his kid; he wouldn’t let the baby felt abandoned.

“Let’s be a good partner, Jinah” he said, smiling at me.

I’m pregnant, I’m going to marry one of the most handsome bachelors in the country, I’ll be filthy rich and money would never be the issue in my life. My future husband was perfect and all I have to do is enjoying my life and feel happy, shouldn’t I?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When I arrived home, I was greeted by several servants whom I ignored. I’m not in a good mood, well, the past week. Or to be exact, since I saw Jinah at the tailor place and saw her along with her husband to be.

I didn’t know which part of it that made me feeling all crazy. The fact that I saw her there to accompany Kris Wu clearly intrigued me. Was she really in that kind of relationship with him? Was she being that faithful bride-to-be made me angry? No, of course not. She’s always like that, being attentive. She used to take care of my schedules, my meals, my vitamins… But now, she’s doing it with another guy. And I could feel the jealousy inside of me.    

She’s in pain. I hate that fact also. If she didn’t get pregnant, if she didn’t get all dizzy, she wouldn’t be sick like that and I really wanted to blame that Wu for making her like that. How… How careless he was to make her pregnant like that? Didn’t he realize how her career was in fiasco as soon as they heard that she’s pregnant? Modelling is her career and her life, how would he carelessly make her trampled in the career that brought her everything?

But maybe, the fact that she’s looking only for Kris Wu was the thing that made me angry. She stayed with him, she answered only when he called her name. I was the one who realized that she’s asking for help and I tried my best to call her and wake her up. It’s just when Kris Wu came on the frame and touched her, she responded him well. And for that reason, I hurt my hand earlier this morning.

“Is your hand okay?” I heard my mother voice once I stepped inside the living room. She’s enjoying the television show as she placed the fruit for my father. To be honest, I didn’t want to talk with her so I just ignored her but still, I politely nodded to my father.

“I’m home. I’m tired and I want to get in to my room. Good night” I replied and about to walk away when I heard my father.

“Woobin, please see me at the study room”

I sighed. I knew already, he's going to scold me for my childish behavior earlier in the office. I got angry over incomplete reports and I practically being emotional to everyone. The highlight was when I got too angry and I punched my fist to the wooden table in the meeting room. The table almost broken, I got my fist aided.

As my father walked inside the study room and I followed him, I didn’t say anything unless he did.

“Well?” he gestured his hands, looking at me. “Your hands okay?”

I nodded. “It’s fine”

“No problem, people will forget about today’s accident” he said calmly, tapping his fingers to the table. Well, clearly he’s wrong. There’s no way people will forget what had happened today until I slammed my fist to the table. “Do you regret what you’ve done?”

“No”

My father glanced at me again. “I thought we’re done with this, Woobin. Move on. It’s been two years already. Didn’t you promise me your wedding will be held two years after your engagement party?”

“I’m focusing on my work currently. I have no time for marriage” I managed to reply.

I could hear my father sighed, but I didn’t care. No one ever care for me, so I started to ignore them too.

“Woobin, if two years ago I did approve you with her, aren’t you going to be married right now?”

“Supposedly” I reluctantly replied. It’s annoying when you tried to move on and to forget but your surrounding not being supportive over your decision.

“Then why, why now you refused to-“

“I never love Su Ah, Father. Don’t expect me to be anything but her fiancé, which was chosen based on company’s benefit, which means other than our published engagement, I would never care for her”

“Woobin”

“It’s not negotiable. Remember when I begged you and mom? You said it’s not negotiable. I’m the highest share holder currently, and my decision is somehow has more power than you, Father. So when I say no, there’d be no” I crossed my arms in front of my chest. I could see my father jaw possibly tightened, but I really don’t care.

“You do know that this marriage is really important…”

“We can ask the bank for more money, our company worked well, Father. I’m sure that with our improved facilities and technology, there’ll be more order and more money. What do you say?” 

Still, my father shook his head. “No, Woobin, no. Besides, she’s going to be married, right?”

“So if she’s not pregnant and is not about to married, I could see her and asked me to be my bride?”

“Enough! Stop your wildest imagination! We’re done talking about this matter two years ago. Can’t you just be grateful that you have us as your family and a beautiful fiancé that’s loyal to you no matter how hard you ignored her?”

I closed my eyes and tried to control my emotion with my breathing. I couldn’t snap at my father. No matter what, I did care for him and ever since he ran for his heart transplantation due to the heart attack that made him collapsed two years ago, I never dare myself to cross the line.

“I’m tired, Father” I softly said to him. This talk was kind of pointless, in the end; I’d never be with Jinah, just like two years ago.

“I received the invitation from Wu Global Company” my father words stopped my steps. I looked back at him. “Lady Wu invited us to come to her son’s wedding this Saturday” he added, looking down.

“You don’t have to come” he said suddenly. “Just go for our office branch in Japan for a visit and go back on Monday”

“What?”

“I know this is hard for you and-“

“I will come” I said sternly as I looked at my father.

“Woobin” he called me, soften his gaze as he held on his chest. “I care for you; I care for your future. Don’t ruin anything, anything that possibly happened between our company and Wu Global Company. This company, everything, it’s for you to take care for. This might be the last thing I could inherit for you and the successor of our family. Please, Son”

My heart clenched as I heard my father’s words. I knew he built the company from zero, when he built the business from the money given by my grandparents. My father had started his own kingdom from that money and increased the value of it, cent by cent. What I did now was just maintaining the company, yet my father trusted me to manage every part of it.

“I will come, Father. She’s used to be the part of me and if she’s happy with her life now, I’d like to congratulate her… Besides, I came also as the Wu’s business partner. I wouldn’t dare to cause a problem”

My father took a breath and thought for a while. BUt in the end, he nodded softly. “I trust you” that’s all he said.

I opened the door of the study room, but before I walked out, I heard my father muttered. “I’m sorry, Woobin. I’m really sorry”

“If you feel sorry towards me, you should have granted my beg to you two years ago, Father”

And just by that, I left the study room. My heart ached, for I kept building distance from my parents, my big family, anyone. I’m not myself anymore. I knew what I did only screw me inside, but the more I think about it, the more I realized that I really couldn’t live without her. My life was turned into hell, the moment she left me. It was never easy, really. And no matter how time passed, she still has my heart and probably my soul. But when I saw her with another guy, I couldn’t help feeling all miserable.

She’s moved on. I kept living in our memories.

Sometimes, I wish that death sentence was given for me. So I don’t have to face the fact that my love already dead.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello all... Long time no see!

Tbh, it’s a filler chapter though. I need a bridge before the actual wedding party and of course, the honeymoon time. If everything’s alright, those two events will be put in the next two chapters. I’m working on their honeymoon trip.. It’s kind of something I want to do in real life, if it’s possible, of course hehe. And here are the preview of Krina house! Hahaha, I love to imagine them living together. Please.

Anw, heard some request to give more Woobin here. My heart felt sad as I wrote his part, his inability to be with Jinah somehow made me hurt also.

To excite you, I have a prepared not far after the honeymoon. Been working on it pretty intense, so hope it turned out well. I guess Perfect Timing is my most long developed story, compared to my other stories. And I kind of like it though, I challenged myself to compose and form the words on the way I really want all of you to get it. And I hope you all like it well.

I also would like to make some announcement. As I recently received several messages with unlikely words inside it regarding how late I am whenever I updated my stories, well, I’d like to apologize. I’m a worker with working time from 8 am to 6 or 7 pm, I wrote on my free time which I also shared with my family and friends. I believe if any of you ever try to write or if there’re authors here also, all of you will agree that sometimes author got a writer block. I admitted I have more than one story I’m working on currently, but still, I tried my best to update it. When I’m in a mood, I can update two chapters suddenly, but when I couldn’t, even to write a paragraph was hard. So please, do understand that my life is not revolved in here only. But I appreciate it that there’re people out there who’s waiting for my story.

Future Plans of my stories:

Perfect Timing. Ongoing and I’ll try my best to update it weekly or once in every two weeks.

Dark Paradise. Already figured what to tell on the next chapter, this is my main target to get it done asap.

Behind the Perfection. Will start updating it when I have two or three update of Dark Paradise. This story is kind of the things I desired to have and when I got a prose as the inspiration, I just couldn’t wait to start update it. But as much as I love the character, Sehun and Semi, I’d like to wait for a while so I can share their stories to all of you.

Winter Wonderland. Soon to be updated, two chapters left.

The rest would be on hiatus until I decided to update it.

 

Well, that’s all from me. Really, I wanted to update this story asap but we have only 24 hours per day and by that, I also have limitation in creating the words. I want the best for all of you, so yeah, see you very soon in the next chapter!

Have a nice day everyone

Cheers!

 

anywa, do you think Nana looked pregnant in this picture below? ;)