Sunday Night/Back to School

I Shouldn’t Have Met You. But I Did.

 

~Sunday Afternoon~

[My Pov]

I’m in my room looking at my knee. I poke it out of curiosity and it stings. I keep poking it and I keep flinching at every time I touch it. I look around my room and I feel horrible that I ripped my favorite jeans. These were the only ones that didn’t make me look like I had super skinny legs. I sigh and I get out of my bed. I hear a knock and I let them in.

Jeongguk: “Noona. Food is ready. Want to come downstairs?”

I nod slowly and he links arms with me. I am dragged downstairs and everyone is sitting comfortably on the chairs. Jeongguk pulls out my chair and I sit down. He sits next to me and I’m across from Jin and Suga. I feel very awkward and I just start grabbing some noodles with my chopsticks. I put the noodles in my bowl and I start eating. I just eat silently while everyone else is laughing and having a good time.

 I savor the noodles and I feel myself getting warm. Being surrounded by people that are friendly is a new environment for me. I don’t know how to react to these types of situations so I’m quietly eating my food. I see a tomato and my eyes glisten. I reach to grab them with my chopsticks and someone else does the same. My eyes shoot up to see who it is and it’s a smirking Jin.

Jin: “I like tomatoes too.”

We start having a battle stare and I know I’m going to win. I learned well from my Taekwoon Oppa. I feel like we are doing this for minutes but the moment he blinks I grab the tomato and I put it in my mouth. I start cheering and in a split second I’m out of my seat dancing my victory dance. I stick my tongue out at Jin and I keep cheering. Once I stop I look and everyone’s smiling at me. I start blushing and I sit back down in my chair. Someone hugs me and it’s Jeongguk. I slowly hug him back and I feel my face turn red. I just embarrassed myself in front of everyone. Otteoke! Everyone starts to laugh softly and I cover my face with my hood. I excuse myself to go back to my room and Jeongguk changes my mind.

Jeongguk: “Noona let’s play some video games.”

I look at him like I have no idea what he is talking about and I remember I used to play some video games with Taekwoon. I nod my head slowly and he leads me to the living room. He starts the game and he hands me a control. I look at it and I’m a little bit confused. It’s a racing game and I watch what he does. I try it and I start my game. I start doing my first lap and Jeongguk is already on his second.

I pout my lips and I move my hair to the side. My competitive side kicks in and I start speeding. I pass by Jeongguks car and I make my second lap. I start speeding to the max and I pass his car again. I cheer and I keep speeding. I win the race and I jump up and down. I won! I keep cheering and I plop myself back on the couch. I look at the pouting Jeongguk and I pat his head. I feel my phone ring and I take it out.

Me: “Hello?”

No one answers and I’m confused. I remember to call Taekwoon to give him my new number. I excuse myself and I make eye contact with Suga. I blush and I put on my shoes. I walk outside and I close the door behind me. I put my hood on and I call Taekwoon.

Taekwoon: “Yobuseyo?”

Me: “Oppa! It’s me!”

Taekwoon: “Ji Hyun ah! What happened to your phone?”

Me: “I got a new number Oppa!”

Taekwoon: “Oh. How are you? Are they treating you with respect?”

Me: “They respect me so much Oppa. I just wish you were here and not busy. I want to spend a day with you like in the past. Remember when you would take me to the park with the mini pond?”

Taekwoon: “I remember. It was some good times. You know I can’t anymore. I’m famous and I don’t want jealous fans hurting your pretty face Ji Hyun.”

I sigh and I ruffle my own hair.

Me: “I know Oppa, but just once. Please?”

I start walking around and I walk to the backyard.

Taekwoon: “I’ll think about it Ji Hyun ah. Come over and visit me tomorrow. I have the day off tomorrow and I miss my little trouble maker.”

Me: “Oppa I’m scared. I have school tomorrow.”

Taekwoon: “Don’t worry Hyuk will be there.”

Me: “They will hurt me even more. Tell Hyuk not to come to the school anymore.”

Taekwoon: “Ji Hyun. I can’t anymore. I’m sorry. I have to go by my little trouble maker.”

We hang up and I’m shaking. The wind picks up and the wind blows my hood down. I shiver and I walk inside. I slide down the wall and I hug myself. I sneeze and I’m hoping I’m getting sick. Someone sits beside me and I look. Its Suga and the image of last night makes me blush. He puts his hand on my hand and I feel myself stop shaking. I look into his eyes and I smile a bit.

Suga: "I'll protect you from those people Ji Hyun ah. I promise."

I nod and he helps me stand up. He leads me upstairs and he tells me to rest. I brush my teeth and I jump on my bed. I leave the door open and I cover myself. I put my alarm super early and I start to fall asleep. 

 

~Monday Morning~

[Suga's POV]

I hear someone's alarm go off in the morning and I wake myself up. I rub my eyes and I walk into the hallway. I walk to the side and I see Ji Hyun getting in the bathroom. I see the door close and water starts running. I wonder why she woke up at this time. Is it so she could walk to school? I could easily take her. Does she not want me to take her? I wait downstairs and I decide to change into my uniform. I walk upstairs and I change into my uniform. I grab my backpack and I go back downstairs and I hear a door open. Then I hear a door close.

-Ten Minutes later-

I'm dozing off and I hear the steps creak. I hear a muffled curse and my eyes open wide. I look at her and she isn't in her uniform. 

Me: "Where do you think you are going?"

Ji Hyun: "S-school?"

Me: "Why at this hour? It's still to early and it's dangerous for a girl to be out at this time of hour."

I see her try to come up with an explanation but she doesn't.

Ji Hyun: "I don't want them to see me with you. I'll ruin your reputation."

Me: "I don't care about that. I care about you Ji Hyun ah."

She nods slowly and I see her walk downstairs. She's wearing the heels I bought her and she has her hair in a braid. I can see eyeliner and I smile. I lead her outside and she follows behind me. I help her get into my car and I close her door. I step into the drivers side and I turn on the heater. I close my door and we both put on our seatbelts. I start the engine and I open the gate with the wireless button. I drive slowly to school and I see her playing with her fingers. I reach the curb and I park my car. No one's at school yet and she's breathing out deeply. I pat her shoulder and I giver her my best smile. We both step out and she walks into the hallway. She looks for her locker and all she sees is an open locker with writing everywhere inside. I tap her and I tell her to follow me.

I open my locker and I point inside. All her stuff is inside and I take out my phone. I send her a message on what the combination is and she receives it. She wants to protest but she stops and her eyes widen in fright. I turn to look and its Kevin. I start glaring and he stops in front of me. He looks my Ji Hyun up and down and he has this smirk on his face.

Kevin: "Who's the y lady Min Yoongi? I've never seen her before and she isn't even in uniform. Tsk Tsk Tsk."

He wags his finger in front of her face and I grab his wrist. I push it away and I'm ready to punch his smirk off his face. She holds my arm and I feel her shaking. I look at her with worry and I put my arm around her shoulder. I help her steady herself and Kevin keeps staring. My blood starts to boil and I breath out in anger. 

Me: "Leave now before you regret it."

He just laughs and then he leaves. She hugs me and I hold her in my arms. I pat her head and I help her grab her books. We go to class and I help her catch up on everything. She nods at the English homework we had and she understands some of it. The bell rings and she starts fidgeting. I calm her down with one last hug and I give her a thumbs up. 

[My POV] 

The class starts filling up and I'm scared. Everyone's attention turns towards me and I try looking outside. I feel eyes burning through my head and I look at them. I give them a smile and they scoff. The teacher asks for attention and she tells us a new student will be in class. I ignore and I look at my phone. I text Taekwoon Oppa and I tell him how I'm nervous.

Teacher: "Lee Ji Hyun?"

I flinch at my new name and I raise my hand. Everyone turns around in shock at my name and they look me up and down. I roll my eyes and I see a nervous Hyuk at the front of class. He introduces himself and he bows. He sits next to Suga and class begins. I'm just ready for this day to be over. I take good notes and I get called after class to talk with Ms. Park.

Me: "Yes Ms. Park?"

Ms. Park: "You feeling better?"

I nod and I giver her my friendliest smile.

Ms. Park: "If you ever need help we do have a psychologist on campus. Just hop in when you need it."

I nod and then I bow. I make my way to second and every male looks me up and down. I make it to class and I sit in the back. I take out my notebook and I write the agenda down. Class starts and I feel my phone vibrate. I look and he is telling me to pay attention. I kind of laugh softly and I almost get caught. Class keeps going and I start falling asleep. 

I hate school.