Wanting Something

I Shouldn’t Have Met You. But I Did.

 

-Day 3-
 
I get alarmed when something goes off. I wake up and I look at my phone. It's a calendar notice. I rub my eyes and I read it. My eyes widen as it says My Birthday. It's my birthday today? I sit up and I turn off the alarm. I stretch and I slowly get off the bed. I walk to my bathroom and I brush my teeth. I return and I sit on my bed. Images of yesterday's events play out in my head. I shiver at the images and I hug a pillow close to me. It's Monday and I sigh. Just four more days until I'm out of here! I receive a call and it's from Leo!
 
Me: "Ne?"
 
Leo: "Happy Birthday girl! I wish I was there. Mianhae. I have a schedule today and I can't make it."
 
Me: "Gwenchana Oppa. I've celebrated my birthday alone before. It's not that big of a deal."
 
I hear singing at the other side and they are singing Happy Birthday. I start tearing up in happiness. The song finishes and I can hardly speak.
 
Me: "G-gomawo Oppas!"
 
Leo: "I have to go. Mianhae Ji Hyun ah."
 
Me: "Bye bye Oppa!"
 
He hangs up and then I look at my screen. I feel my phone vibrate and I look. It's a message from Suga! I open it and I start reading it.
 
*Suga: Mianhae. I told you I was going to stay but they needed me at the studio!*
 
I reply.
 
*Me: It's okay Oppa! I know you guys are busy. It's really okay^^*
 
*Suga: Okay^^ See you later!*
 
I hold my phone close to my heart and I look at the time. School just started. I pout and I grab the coat. I wear it and it covers my back all the way to my knees. I tie it in the front and I grab my monitor. I start walking outside and I peek my head through the door. No ones in the hallway and I make my way through the hospital. I find an inside garden and I sit on one of the benches. I breath in and I'm happy I'm at least out of the stuffy room. My eyes wander around and I feel a presence next to me. I look at no ones there. I shrug it off and this is what I'll do on my birthday. In a hospital and in a hospital robe. How nice.
Someone taps my shoulder and I turn around. It's a small boy and he looks so scared.
 
Him: "N-noona! I lost my eomma."
 
I look around and no ones by his side. I slowly stand up and I hold out my free hand to him. 
 
Me: "Noona will help you find your eomma."
 
Him: "Kamsahmnida Noona!"
 
He holds my hand and I slowly walk to the front desk. She looks at me and I point to the boy.
 
Me: "He seems to have list his eomma. Can you make the announcement please?"
 
She nods and looks at the boy.
 
Her: "What's your name?"
 
boy: " Lee Brandon."
 
She makes the announcement and the boy hugs my waist. I'm taken aback and I smile. I hug him and I play with his hair. I see a worried mother come out way and she sighs in relief when she sees the boy. 
 
Mom: "Thank you for helping my boy!"
 
I bow and the boy tells me to come closer to him. I slowly bend down and he kisses my cheek.
 
Brandon: "Gomawo Noona!"
 
I nod and I mess up his hair. He leaves with his mom and I look at them in awe. I want that. If that was my mom she would scold me and hit me. I want that motherly love. I sigh and I keep walking around. I see the exit to the real garden and I sneak in. I sit on the bench and I stretch out. I'm happy I'm finally outside. The cool breeze makes me shiver but the warm rays of the light make me feel warm. I smile as I look at some of the families being together. Even if I want it I can accomplish it with Bts and VIXX. Somehow. I just want to stay out here forever. A bird is off chirping somewhere and I close my eyes. I just listen to them sing and I'm relaxed.