Chapter 43: My One Chance

Love Triangle

  -----§-----

Yi Jung`s POV

 

The sun rose and so did I from the bench on which I slept for the night, it was painful but I guess I wasn’t ready to enter my own house, as the situation would be serious. Then knowing my mother soon as she spotted me on the bench awake and ready to talk she heads my way with a long lecture which I have prepared myself for.

 

“What is going on with you? What did you do? Eun Jae hasn’t come out of her room!” My mother came with questions, which I had all complete full and final answers to.

 

“I want to call...off...the wedding....” My voice faded as I finished my sentence, but luckily I was loud enough for my mother to hear and understand what I said, as I saw her face of anger turn into the face of an unclear and worried mother.

 

“What...?”

 

“I want to call off the wedding. I can`t marry Eun Jae...” I cleared myself as I finally stood up and looked at my mother in the eye because this time I knew I was taking the right step and nothing was going to get in my way. My mother was shocked with my decision.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because there is.... someone else I like...” Finally the words escaped my mouth. Never knew being a Casanova I would ever have to open the cage to where these words were trapped, but Ga Eul had become the key of that cage causes the words to finally escape. Mother just stood there waiting for my answer. Then taking a deep breath I finally said the answer she was anxiously waiting for.

 

“.... Ga Eul...” Mother was shocked but it only took a few minutes for the astonishment to leave her face and smile was replaced with it. Looking me directly in the eyes she spoke with strict and demanding voice.

 

“Are you sure about this?”

 

The truth only escaped my lips “I have never been sure about anything else but this...”

 

“Why Ga Eul?” My mother continued to question making sure I was being honest with her, because the image of a Casanova doesn’t wash off quick, but for me it disappeared as if it was never there and I was proud of it.

 

“Her smile, her words, her actions, her pain, her tears, her beauty, her willingness to help me and much more only my hearts knows, how much it yearns for all of that. She smiles I smile, her words made me see the real world and understand it, seeing her makes me want to only see her ignoring everything else and....” I spoke every bit I felt about Ga Eul as I walked around the bench near my mother helping me state my words correctly without having any butterflies in my stomach looking at mother. Before I could finish I could tell my mother already was impressed and was ok with accepting my decision as she cut me off.

 

“Ok, ok I get it, save all of this for your honeymoon with... Ga Eul” mother said the words I was hoping to hear. I turn around and face her with excitement. She smiles and gives me the warmest motherly hug anyone could ever get.


 Then letting go, “Why don’t you go tell her? I will talk to Eun Jae”

 

“Not yet! I can`t...”

 

“Why not? What are you waiting for? You want to loose her? You don’t want to marry her...”

 

“Mother calm down. I didn’t mean that” my mother worried, nonstop stated outcomes I didn’t even mean to state. Calming her down I spoke to what I meant, “I just think she deserves a better me. I want to be known as Yi Jung not Casanova or Yi Jung of the SOO family. I want to work and prove myself worthy” my words caused my moms tears to fall with joy. “So what is your plan, son?”

 

“Do you remember the contract we received from Sweden? The one we rejected...”

 

“Yeah where they wanted you to go to Sweden and contribute our museum?”

 

“Yes that one. I called them and accepted the contract”

 

“What! But that is a 3-4 year contract and you will have to stay in Sweden that many years! You want Ga Eul to wait that long?” Mother strictly questioned looking in my way.

 

“That is my only chance to become something for my own hard work. That’s the only way...”

 

“Ok. If you are sure about this. I won`t back you down. But at least talk to her, ok?” I nodded my head and my mother took off. Before getting a chance to think about something my phone vibrated, I took my phone out from my pocket and it was Woo Bin. The only person I expect to call me due to Jun Pyo in the hospital and Ji Hoo a little bit busy with his art museum; I answer the phone and without me evening saying hello Woo Bin began to speak with excitement.  

 

“Yi Jung bro! Guess what!”

 

“What happen? You sound more than happy today?”

 

“Jun Pyo is discharged from the hospital!”

 

“Oh really that’s great news! Let`s both go visit him in his house ok, I will meet you there!”

 

“Yi Jung after all that happened you still didn’t learn?”

 

“What do you mean?” I questioned confused.

 

“Don’t you think it would be better for Jan Di to go visit him first?” Thinking for a minute I thought that was right to do, “Yeah....”

 

“Ok, then let`s go tell her at the porridge shop, but first I am starving so lets keep it till were done eating ok?” Woo Bin spoke with much excitement.

 

“You’re going to eat there?”

 

“Yeah I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try, you want to come with? That way you could talk to Ga Eul too after Jan Di and I leave”

 

“Yeah I will come too... wait how do you know I need to talk to her?”

 

“I know you long enough to figure that out just from your voice I know you have a lot going on. I know you can get it cleared out!” Knowing Woo Bin understood me so well a smile appeared on my face, “ok, I will meet you there!”

 

                                                            -----§-----

 

 

Author Note:

 

I am sorry for the late update I have been really busy. But now I am completely free and will be updating quicker. Please support this story it is soon to be complete. Thank you! Let me know what you think of this chapter :).