Chapter 34: Choices

Love Triangle

The night was approaching and Yi Jung had become more than upset, Woo Bin had called to inform him that his men found out that Ga Eul got into a black limo and after that she hasn’t been seen. “Could she have been kidnapped”? Yi Jung asked himself. Before he could get into deeper thought his phone vibrated, as he digs it out of his pocket he sees that he received a text from his mother saying “The party starts at 9PM, get here by 8:30PM I need to talk to you before the party starts don’t be a minute late and dress well”! Yi Jung looks at the time on his phone and notices its already 6:50PM. He deeply sighs and forces himself to get up, he turns off his phone and throws it on his bed as he heads for his closet and looks for something descent to wear. One after another, hanged suit looked at, then Yi Jung noticed the brown suit he wore for the fake date Yi Jung and Ga Eul had for Jun Pyo and Jan Di.

 

As he observed his suit, a smile appeared on his face, he remembered how that day Ga Eul forgot her gloves and he had given her his coat and kept a hold on her hand so they stay warm. He decides to wear that suit, he never wore something twice, but this suit had memories. After 10 minutes Yi Jung came out of a cold shower to completely get over his hangover, and puts on his clothes and begins to comb his hair, he combs his hair up just as he had done at their fake date. He puts his comb back into his drawer.

 

After he was done he sits himself done on his bed and puts on his black socks with his shiny black shoes that seemed as if just bought. He gets up, after finished and picks up his phone as it was sitting on his bed as he had left it. Then Yi Jung looking at the clock 7:30PM had already struck. Yi Jung quickly runs out his studio and hops into his orange sports car because he needed a fast car knowing that his house was 28 minutes away. Exactly at 8:25PM Yi Jung had stopped his car in front of his mansion. It was decorated with Christmas colors, lights, and trees everywhere. Ignoring the decorations Yi Jung rushed in and at exactly 8:30PM he hears his mother and follows her voice and approaches her after she was in his sight. His mother smiled as she saw her son coming her way.

 

“Right on time, I thought I would have to get someone to get you” Yi Jung’s mother spoke out with a smile.

 

“Hello mother, how are you”? Yi Jung bowed to his mother and said his hellos.

 

“Well I am much better, but you wouldn’t care to hear that, a son who couldn’t come visit his mother while she is in the hospital. I know how much you really care about me”! Yi Jung`s mother now spoke out with lots of anger sarcastically.   

 

“I am sorry but I have been busy....”

 

“So busy that you couldn’t make time to come see your mother”!

 

“....” Yi Jung didn’t know what to say, he just lowered his head.

 

“Never mind! The reason I have called you here is to let you know, that this is not just a Christmas Party, there is a big announcement with it and just so you don’t completely be surprised, I have decided to get you married and I have picked out the girl too...”

 

“What? With Who? How can you do that? No I can`t, I won`t! You didn’t even ask me”?

 

“I am telling you now! I am your mother I don’t have to ask you anything I know better”

 

“But...”

 

“Don’t even try to argue with me. What I have said is final, and the girl you will be informed of later on. Don’t think you can get away with this, I can`t have you turn out like your father. So fix up your attitude and with a smile come down to the main hall” with that Yi Jung`s mother began to walk away. Yi Jung thought to himself that one, at this age how could he get married and to a girl he has no clue about and two that this could cause him to loose Ga Eul forever. Yi Jung didn’t want that to happen so he quickly tries to run after his mother but someone from behind stopped his steps. Yi Jung turns around only to find his father.

 

“Father what are you doing here”

 

“What this is my house right”?

 

“Yes, but you don’t come here often”

 

“Forget that can I talk you for a moment” Yi Jung`s father assisted his son to the opposite direction Yi Jung was heading. After a few steps away and still walking but in slower phase Yi Jung`s father begins to talk, “son do you really find me as a bad father”? Yi Jung was shocked by that question, even though he did think his father didn’t do a good job at being a father or husband with respect Yi Jung answered “of course not father”. Yi Jung`s father smiled to his sons long thought answer and with that he continues to speak,

 

“Its ok you don’t have to lie to me, I know I haven’t been a good father or husband, I have done much wrong and I want to fix it, will you be willing to help me, son”?

 

“Father are you ok, you sound different”

 

“To tell you the truth I am just now ok, actually great, I have come to know reality and I understand all the harm I have caused you, your brother and especially your mother. Would like to hear a story, then you will know why I need your help”?

 

“Yes but won`t mother be mad if we don’t go to the main hall”?

“Don’t worry it wont take long and I know she won`t be mad, it will be ok” Yi Jung`s father gave out a smile, Yi Jung didn’t return one but he nodded in agreement.  Yi Jung sits down with his father on the nearest couch.

 

“Huh... Yi Jung do you know why I became a player with girls”

 

“...” Yi Jung didn`t reply and just waited for the answer.

 

“I became a player because I lost the one loved. We were good friends and we turned into lovers before the wind changed directions. Then one day she got into a car accident and she wasn’t given another chance to live. I had become a mess after that, I drank all day, and I was just ready to give up on life too. Then your mother was the one who pulled me out of pain and tried to take me into a life of happiness. She was one of my family friend and I had never known she had loved me all that time. Then when even my family just left me on my own to die, she didn’t give up and tried to help me recover. A woman like that has lots of courage and love for the person she is willing to do so much for. But even though she wanted to make me happy, I couldn’t do the same for her. Before you were born I was still unable to help myself, I didn’t want your mother to ruin her life because of me, that’s why I drank and spend time with girls so your mother could begin to hate me and leave me. But I guess things didn’t go as planned. Your mother began to hurt herself and she was the one now tiring to die. When you were born she tried to keep you and your brother happy, but how could she when she wasn’t happy. Time went by and still your mother wanted to stay by my side. But I had gone too far to quit. Then the night after you had dinner with me, the doctor had called to inform me that your mother really doesn’t have much time left and that she only has a few years hopefully on her. Then something inside told me I should at least visit her once. When I went to the hospital I overheard your mother talk to someone: 

 

Flashback

 

Don’t give up please, keep trying I know you can get him by your side, I know you could change his heart” Yi Jung`s mother spoke out.

 

“Then how come you are giving up, why do you try to die, why are you giving up on life, isn`t it, because of Mr. So, aren’t you unhappy with your life”? The person sitting in front of Yi Jung`s mother replied. Yi Jung`s mother smiled and answered.

 

“No, I am not. To tell you the truth I am very happy to have a husband like him and two amazing sons”

 

“How could you be happy”?

 

“I am happy because I know if I do this I could cause him to be happy and live his life the way he wants to” Yi Jung`s mother spoke out.

 

“...” The other person didn’t know what to say.

 

“If I leave then my family, who is full of great heavily protected brothers of mine, would kill Mr. So for making unhappy and I couldn’t live with that. If I die no one will now anything and Mr. So could live his life the way he wants to without me being a problem for him, I could die happy knowing that he will be happy”!

 

End of Flashback

 

(Back to where Yi Jung`s father was telling him the story)

 

After knowing that all I did and still your mother loved me that much, my heart changed and I had decided to change my ways and make the woman who has always wanted me to be happy, smile and be the happiest woman in the world. I tried talking to your mother, but she doesn’t respond and I completely understand her reason of anger, but I still want to fix everything, I know your mother has been discharged, but the doctor still says that due to her weakness she still doesn’t have much time left, never know when her time will come. Before that I want to fix everything and heal what I have harmed in her”.

 

“...” Yi Jung was speechless he was touched by the story and was really happy that his father has changed his ways. Then Yi Jung`s father spoke out again

 

“That’s why I need your help. I want you to accept your mother`s idea of getting you married and listen to her”

 

“But I....” Yi Jung wanted to tell the truth of how he felt, but after hearing the story he couldn’t find the right words.

 

“I know this is all of a sudden, but please son stop your Casanova ways and listen to your mother, it would make her much happy. Don’t you want your mother to be happy till she still has time”?

 

“Of course I do. Huh.... Ok I will do as she pleases. But I need you make me a promise too”.

 

“What is it”? Yi Jung`s father asked curiously with a smile.

 

“Promise me that you will stop your ways of a player too and only love mother”?

 

“I have already. I am a one woman man son and it`s only your mother who is now in my heart. I promise” Yi Jung`s father replied as he gave his son a hug and smile.

 

“Ok then I will keep my promise too and do as mother says. But I don’t even know who the girl is, do you”?

“Well, not really, but don’t worry your mother has worked it all out and has planned the best for you trust me. I think we should go now; your mother might be waiting. I will give you a minute and then come down to the main hall ok” Yi Jung`s father spoke out while getting up from the couch, and saying his goodbye to his son and then taking steps away. Yi Jung respectfully smiled and said his goodbyes. Yi Jung sat still for minute because he had to get everything clear in his head. Of course he was happy to finally have a happy family, but does that mean he will have to give up Ga Eul. Tears came down as he thought; he didn’t know what to do.

 

But he had already promised and making his mother happy was his responsibility, for all the things his mother had done for him. Yi Jung wipes off his tears and confirms himself that after Ga Eul is found he will leave her and not go near her and hope that she finds someone else and stays happy and that he will do as his mother says no matter how much he is against it.

 

Then suddenly as Yi Jung stood up, his eyes widened as his sight went over the black rail of the stairs that was in front of him. The figure he knew it too well. “But how? How is she here, am I just imagining things. No that is her but how”? Yi Jung thought to himself and rushed down the stairs, and went to the exact spot he had seen her, but as soon as he reached that spot she wasn’t there anymore. “I must be imagining things. Yi Jung stop thinking about her” Yi Jung thought to himself and then straightening himself up he sets his steps for the main hall, and heads that way.

 

 

So what did you think! I know this is late but HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

 

What`s going on? Will this be end for Yi Jung and Ga Eul? Who do think Yi Jung`s mother is referring to be his bride who has not been told about yet? Anything seem fishy or is it all just Yi Jung`s imagination?

 

Let me know what you think! Updating soon! :)