Chapter 35: "Nothing More & Nothing Less"

Love Triangle

“Thank you everyone for taking your time to come to this party. I am not going to take much time of yours, but I have two big announcements that I would like to share with everyone here today. The first announcement is due to my younger son; before I still have time here, as a mother it is my right to make sure, that my son lives a happy life. I apologize that the bride cannot be identified at the moment but she has been chosen and will soon be known by everyone. So presenting my son So Yi Jung, the man soon to be married and the new CEO of the So company” Yi Jung`s mother introduced her son with much honor, she pointed to Yi Jung who was at the far end of the crowd, everyone moves to the side as he makes his way up the stage with a forced smile. 

 

As soon as Yi Jung is standing next to his mother waving to the crowd, he whispers to his mother before she announces her next news “CEO! You didn’t tell me about that” Yi Jung moved his mouth while smiling so he seems as if really happy. “That’s something you should be aware of” Yi Jung`s mother replied while placing her hand on the microphone that was standing in front of her, so no one could hear her at the moment besides Yi Jung.

 

Before Yi Jung could ask more, his mother gave him a signal to stay quiet as she removes her hand away from the microphone and faces the crowd with a smile and speaks out again.

 

“Moving on to the next news which I am very proud to announce, I have decided to hire a COO for the So company, she is an amazing girl, she is very lovely, and she is the main reason I am here with you today. I am proud to announce Miss. Chu Ga Eul as the new COO of the company” Yi Jung`s mother points at a girl in the crowd who was now making her way up the stage. Yi Jung`s eyes widened to what he say and what he heard made him loose hearing as if what was happening was just a dream.

 

 “Is that, really her”? Yi Jung thought to himself as he looked at the curved figure dressed with a knee high black dress, that was curled together at the bottom to make a fluff, the dress had tiny amount of sliver sparkling texture on the front and back, and a small black jacket with long sleeves that covered her back chest and was up to her top part of her stomach and the front part of the jacket was left open. Her hair was curled from the bottom and her face had a quick touch up, as she didn’t really apply much makeup to her face and then finishing it off with black 2 inch heal shoes that had a bow in front. She couldn’t look more beautiful at the moment. The girls in the crowd pouted to how beautiful she looked. As if time had stopped Yi Jung observed the figure, as she was moving up the stairs to make sure she was the one.

 

“Please be nice to her everyone” Yi Jung`s mother ended her talk and Ga Eul respectfully bowed to the crowd with a strong and naïve smile. Noticing her son was lost in thought Yi Jung`s mother snapped two fingers in front of his face causing him to come back to reality. “What world are you in”? Yi Jung`s mother spoke out as she moved away from the microphone and was heading down the stage with the girl

who Yi Jung still didn’t believe was really there. “Sorry” Yi Jung respectfully apologized as his mother gave out a death glare.

 

“Ok, now I have to go greet the guest, since you and Ga Eul will be working together now, I would like you two to get to know each other well. Yi Jung show her around ok”? Yi Jung`s mother spoke out with her normal voice of command.

 

“Ok, mother” Yi Jung respectfully bowed and agreed to his mother and the figure who now Yi Jung seemed to be sure of as Ga Eul also bowed to his mother in agreement.

 

Then Yi Jung`s mother headed to greet her guest and the two were left alone. An awkward silence between them and they didn’t know what to start with, then Yi Jung the one full of questions finally killed the silence and spoke out,

 

“So you were here, how did you make your way here”? Yi Jung asked but no answer was given. He takes a deep sigh and speaks again with strong but soft tone “So how are you...”

 

“Look, let’s just keep out conversations for work ok, I don’t want to know about you and you really don’t have to show interest for me. We will only talk about work nothing more nothing less and we will only work together and go somewhere that only relates to work nothing more nothing less. Ok? Oh and congratulations on the marriage”! Ga Eul cut Yi Jung`s words and spoke out with a strong tone as if she had turned into a different person. Before Yi Jung could even react to her new behavior Ga Eul walked away from him and moved into the crowd, greeting anyone that come in her way with a smile as they congratulated her. Yi Jung was shocked, what happened to her? Why was she acting that way? Does she hate me? Those questions ran through his mind nonstop, followed by the words she had said, “Only work, nothing more and nothing less”! 

 

 

What’s happening? Will this really be the end for Yi Jung and Ga Eul? XD Let me know what you think! Updating soon!