Chapter 42: The Final Decision

Love Triangle

                     __________________________________§_____________________________________

 

Yi Jung`s POV

One week pasted already and there I stood, able to do nothing at all. I felt ashamed and disappointed. All those times with Ga Eul kept playing in my head like a movie and only to wait till the last minute and 2 weeks now from my wedding with the girl I never really loved. If I think to myself I never loved Eun Jae, she was just a friend I liked being with but for Ga Eul, she who came into my life and had control over my heart and was able to change it, now that is what I found out love to be. Over these past weeks I have been thinking a lot about what to do, I sometimes feel like doing what I really want but if I am honest with myself I don’t even truly know what I want. Then I guess faith had my life planned for me, the day I finally know my true feelings.

 

There I was sitting in my office when Ga Eul came in and I knew by her face she wasn’t here for work but to talk about something personal.

 

“I... am leaving. I just can`t take it anymore. Here is my resignation letter. ” Those words left and she left, and that’s all she said that made me make my decision. I follow her and she didn’t go far I caught up to her just in time.

 

“Before you go, let me take you to lunch” sure I knew she would reject my request but surprisingly she agreed by nodding her head and there we both went heading for my car and ahead was a really long quit ride.

                __________________________________§_____________________________________

 

Third Person

 

10 minutes of only fresh air and no words, they stop in front of fast food restaurant and head in. Yi Jung asked Ga Eul what she wanted and she just kept silent, but Yi Jung knew her long enough to know what she wanted, he directed her to a table and told her to sit there while he gets their order and Ga Eul did as he said. Yi Jung brings a tray of food and places it in front of Ga Eul. She slowly takes her part and peeks in to what he got her. They start off their conversation about Jan Di and Jun Pyo, then thinking it was the perfect time Yi Jung stated words that even Ga Eul wanted to probably talk about too.

 

“Ga Eul, don’t you think its time we talk about us now?” Ga Eul looks in Yi Jung`s direction, then looks away. Later they both end up at the Namsan stairs. It was still silent between them and neither of them had said a word. Yi Jung couldn’t bare the silence anymore and was about to open his mouth when suddenly Ga Eul stopped him.

 

“Ga Eul I...”

 

“I will go first. I believe I caused you much trouble already, I don’t want to anymore. I always felt like I could make the tables turn and just make you mine. But life sure doesn’t work that way. They say love only comes by once and if you can`t get it then, then it wasn’t yours to begin with. I know Eun Jae unnie will keep happy and could be your every need better than me. I wish you two the best of luck and hope you two always stay happy. I am leaving South Korea maybe that way I could forget you easier because staying here only will make it hard for me. Until I leave I will be working back at the porridge shop so I could pay for everything, so please do not worry about me I will be able to handle myself. Then...” Ga Eul finishes her statement without letting Yi Jung say what he wanted to and bows and just like that walks away and Yi Jung again just stood there like a coward unable to go after her and stop her. He wanted to stop her but he felt like he had no right to. So there he stood with the feelings he always looked for inside him burning inside telling him to make Ga Eul stop, cancel the wedding and marry Ga Eul, but he didn’t move a muscle.

 

Night came down quick and for the first time Yi Jung walked all the way home, too many thoughts in his head that he had to get cleared out. But her words echoed in his head his entire walk. Then walking around his house Yi Jung heads for his backyard and sat on a bench. Eun Jae saw Yi Jung clearly through the mansions living room window and grabbed a warm black shawl and headed Yi Jung`s way. Walking up to him Yi Jung lost in thought he didn’t see Eun Jae walk up to him. Then Eun Jae placed the shawl over Yi Jung`s shoulders and that’s when Yi Jung looks up to see Eun Jae in front of him. Eun Jae sits herself next to Yi Jung on the bench. She looks up at the stars and smiles and speaks.

 

“I sometimes think the stars up in the sky are just like a big family. They stay together and are always-in one place. But to create that family you have to be with the right person. Don’t you think?”

 

“I...think your right. That’s why I think I should be with the... right person too...”

 

“Hmmm... What do you mean?” Eun Jae looks down at Yi Jung removing her sight from the stars.

 

“I can`t... marry you...”

 

“What!” Eun Jae with shock replied.

 

“I thought I could do this to make you happy for all that you did for me, but I don’t think I can, it will be too late by then. I don’t want to loose her again” Yi Jung explained himself trying not to make contact with Eun Jae because he knew this wouldn’t be easy for her to take.

 

“Are you sure of this?” Eun Jae trying to endure her pain questioned.

 

“This is the first time I am actually sure of something. Thinking about everything I don’t feel the same, I can only be happy with the right person, if I am not with her then I can`t be happy and I won`t be able to keep others happy, meaning you. The least I could do is make you sad. I am really sorry...”

 

 

Eun Jae hearing that walked away, no other word was said from her. Yi Jung decided to stay where he was, he didn’t know how he was going to explain everything to his mother but he will just have to, he can`t loose Ga Eul this time. But not only did he want Ga Eul to be his, he wanted to become a new person, he wanted to be only Ga Eul Yi Jung not a past Casanova. For that to happen he had to start over, it would be hard, but that’s what had to be done and to be given a chance to start over he would have to learn to go through pain and distance. Which he was ready to do, no matter how long it took but Yi Jung would only make Ga Eul his when he knew he was worthy enough for her.

                                                  __________________________________§_____________________________________