Chapter 36: Rejection

Love Triangle

“Yi Jung wake up”! Yi Jung`s mother yelled at her son who was in bed still sleeping unaware of anything. “No, let me sleep” Yi Jung yelped as he wasn`t a morning person and wanted to continue sleeping. Then finding her yelling useless Yi Jung`s mother points out her head to the curtains giving a signal to the 3 servants standing in a straight horizontal line behind her, they quickly obeyed their order and spread out and opened up the big blue curtains that hid the sun from brightening up Yi Jung`s room. Now the sun was completely seen and within seconds Yi Jungs room was full of bright light and when the suns ray reached Yi Jung`s face, finding it annoying Yi Jung pulls his blanket over his head.

 

“This son of mine. Huh.... What am I going to do Ga Eul is going to come have breakfast and...”

 

“Wait what did you say”? Yi Jung cut off his mother after hearing Ga Eul`s name, while taking his blanket off his head only revealing his eyes that met with his mother.

 

“You seem to be awake. Yes hurry up and get ready, since she is now a part of our company I invited her to breakfast, but if your still tired from yesterday I guess you don’t have to join us...”

 

“No! I am coming down in 10 minutes”! Yi Jung stopped his mother`s words before she was finished and quickly sat up on his bed.  Yi Jung`s mother smiled to her son`s reaction and nodded “Ok then. Hurry down” she leaves Yi Jung`s room and the 3 servants followed her out. Yi Jung quickly got up and got himself ready, within 10 minutes, Yi Jung walks out his room and begins to take slow steps down the stairs. Every step came with a thought,

 

how would he be able to face Ga Eul after all he did to her, would she ever forgive him. He knew that he had already made a promise, but he didn’t want to hurt Ga Eul again.

 

Yi Jung`s mother noticed his son come down the stairs with a deep thought, she then yelled out “Yi Jung”! Yi Jung quickly shook his head coming back to reality and looked his mother`s way “Yes”?

 

“Glad to see you have come down on time, Ga Eul will be here in a few minutes, can you please go get her for me I have to make sure everything is set right”

 

“Sure” with that Yi Jung headed out and waited. Then a cab stopped in front of him seeing Ga Eul in the passenger seat he quickly approached the cab and opened the passenger door and held out his hand to her being the gentlemen he was. Ga Eul gave the cab driver money and ignoring Yi Jung`s hand, stepped out and made her way into the So Mansion. Yi Jung closed his hand that was just rejected and followed Ga Eul in.

 

“Oh Ga Eul you’re here, I am so glad to see you”

“Thank you for inviting me Mrs. So” Ga Eul respectfully bowed to Yi Jung`s mother, Yi Jung stood next to her and watched.

 

“Ga Eul I told you, don’t call me Mrs. So, call me eomeoni. Ok”?

 

“Deh eomeoni” Ga Eul replied with a smile.

 

“Come on lets eat” Yi Jung`s mother directed both Yi Jung and Ga Eul to the dinning table full of food. Yi Jung`s mother sat on the chair in the middle, Ga Eul sat on the chair on the right side of Yi Jung`s mother and Yi Jung sat on the left one. An awkward silence was all around. There they were sitting on the same table eating in front of each other, the further they wanted to be, the closer destiny was now bringing them. From time to time Yi Jung managed to peek at Ga Eul who was sitting in front of him, but Ga Eul gave no reaction or even look back at him, she knew he was looking but she ignored it.

 

“So Ga Eul are you excited for your first day at work” Yi Jung`s mother broke the silence.

 

“Deh, I am very excited, I hope I can make you proud for choosing me” Ga Eul replied.

 

“I know you will”! Yi Jung`s mother replied with a smile and then looked into her sons direction and spoke out “Yi Jung will you be able to be responsible of your position”?

 

“Yes mother I will try my best,”

 

“Ok, well there will be changes too. You need to start walking up early and be ready to do anything and if you ever need help you always have Ga Eul to help you, she is very helpful” Yi Jung`s looked at Ga Eul and smiled and Ga Eul returned it. Yi Jung also looked at Ga Eul but Ga Eul avoided his glare.

 

“Thank you so much for the food. I think I should get going to the company now. I don’t want to be late” Ga Eul finished everything on her plate and thanked her hosts.

 

“That’s the motivation I want to see Ga Eul. Good job! Do you have a ride”?

 

“Deh, I will just call for a cab”

 

“Nonsense, you don’t have to. Yi Jung take Ga Eul to work with you...”

 

“No thank you I don’t want to be too much trouble” Ga Eul cut off Yi Jung`s mothers words trying to avoid going with Yi Jung.

 

“No trouble at all dear. Yi Jung take Ga Eul with you ok”?

“Yes mother, I will take her”

 

 “Ga Eul impress everyone on your first day ok, I know you can”

 

“Deh eomeoni. Good bye eomeoni” Ga Eul bowed and said her goodbyes and Yi Jung did the same. They both head for the main gate, but before they go out Yi Jung`s father was heading in.

 

“Good morning” Yi Jung`s father spoke out to Yi Jung and Ga Eul. Yi Jung said the same words and Ga Eul just bowed.

 

“I hope you two have a great day and I know you two will raise the company name”! Yi Jung`s father moved aside and let the two go out. After Yi Jung and Ga Eul were miles away Yi Jung`s father looked back and there stood his wife with a smile. He took steps and approached her and gave her a hug “are you feeling better” he asked right away. “Yah, the servant and maids are here” Yi Jung`s mother replied as she broke off the hug and gave her husband a smirk.

 

“So do you think it will work”? Yi Jung`s father asked as he now positioned himself next to his wife. They both looked at the main gate, through which Yi Jung and Ga Eul just left out from. “I believe it will” the husband and wife now looked at each other and exchanged smiles.

 

Yi Jung and Ga Eul reach Yi Jung`s favorite orange sports car. Yi Jung was planning on opening the door for her but before that Ga Eul speeded her steps and quickly sat inside. Yi Jung sadly followed and sat on his side of the car and started the car. Ga Eul always forgetting forgot to put on her seat belt again. Yi Jung leans forward to put it on for her, as he did, but Ga Eul noticing his plan quickly grabs the seatbelt her self and puts it on. Again Yi Jung was rejected, now he was more than mad he had never been rejected this many times at once before. He quickly glares over Ga Eul but she didn’t move her eyes from the window. With rejection and full anger Yi Jung decides to just drive and ignore it for now. An upset Ga Eul and an angry Yi Jung were in the same car on their way to a job that would only force them to see each other more. How will there love ever start or is it the end?