Chapter 25: Awoken

Love Triangle

Hope you like this chapter. Please comment and subscribe. XD

 

“Ga Eul are you ok, you never forgot your birthday,” Jan Di asked her friend with a worried voice.

 

“Nothing, I guess I have been so focused on things here I probably forgot. Its ok Jan Di don’t need to worry” Ga Eul tried her best to convince her friend that she was ok, but Jan Di knew Ga Eul wasn’t a good liar and could catch her lying right away.

 

“Ok, but if anything happens you let me know ok. But still get ready, we asked the doctor and he said you could take a day off today. So be ready, we are coming to pick you up. You and me will go shopping and have lunch together; we never spend time with each other anymore. Also there is a surprise for you, but that’s till the end I know your going to love it”! Jan Di explained the plans she had for Ga Eul and told her to be ready, Jan Di smiles to Woo Bin and Ji Hoo who continue to smile and listen to the conversation on speaker. Ga Eul was happy to know that she had the world’s best friend, but no matter how much she wanted to go she had to deny it.

 

“Sorry Jan Di, but I can`t go” Ga Eul said slowly lowering her voice after every word.

 

“What, why” Jan Di asked as if she was now even more worried, that Ga Eul might be in some trouble.

 

“I... I... am fasting” Ga Eul said trying to make sense since not many people fast in Korea, unless if for a special occasion.

 

“What since when and why,” Jan Di just continued her line of questions and didn’t stop until she knew she had asked everything that would make things clear to her.

 

“Five days ago, I read in many books and prayers that’s if you want God to make your prayer come true, you could fast for God and keep fasting till your prayers come true, because that shows God that you care and really want a prayer to come true and then one day your prayer will soon come true”. Ga Eul finally finished and waited for Jan Di on the other line to respond, but not a sound returned.

 

“Five days you haven’t eaten anything”! A voice from behind caught Ga Eul by surprise as she turned around to find Jan Di with her hands on her hips with Ji Hoo and Woo Bin behind her awaiting answers. Jan Di, Woo Bin and Ji Hoo had hurried to the hospital after hearing what Ga Eul had said, they weren`t far, they were already on their way to the hospital anyway to pick up Ga Eul, but after hearing what Ga Eul was up to they didn’t waste a second and rushed over.

 

“Omo, Jan Di you scared me,” Ga Eul said, as she finally believed that Jan Di had really come.

 

“Ga Eul, why are you doing this to yourself, look how weak you are, what’s going on”? Jan Di approached her friend gave her a hug and asked questions right away Jan Di was now even more worried after seeing Ga Eul.

“I am fine, don’t worry I wanted to do this, I want my prayer to come true and even if it counted on risking my life, I don’t care. As long as God will one day listen and approve to my prayer”

 

“Ga Eul, do you actually believe in that”? Jan Di asked giving Ga Eul a questionable face.

 

“Deh, I do. I did since I was little, but I never needed to fast for anything, because everything in my life was always the way I wanted it to be. My mother told me about these prayers and she fasted herself, when we discovered my father, had cancer, and the doctor had said that he wasn’t sure what could happen. My mother prayed and prayed till he came out of the operation room and since that time he had entered the operation room, it took two days for the whole process to be done, my mother hadn’t taken a bite of food since my father had come out successfully cured and with him is when she began eating again. So God listened to her prayer, God will listen to mine too”. Ga Eul said looking at her friend with a smile, a smile Jan Di hadn’t seen for a long time. Jan Di knew Ga Eul well, she would do anything to do what’s right so Jan Di didn’t decide to ask more, because one even Jan Di knew what happened to Ga Eul`s father was true. Jan Di all so knew very well if Ga Eul decided to do something like this then she would have a good reason for it.

 

“But the question that is bugging me is what are you doing it for” it was Woo Bin who spoke out. “Its for Yi Jung right”? Ji Hoo was the one to answer that question while looking at Ga Eul, because Ji Hoo actually got the picture of why Ga Eul was fasting.

 

“Kind of...” Ga Eul replied and lowered her head down.  No one said a word, but only gave Ga Eul a stare waiting for her full answer.

 

“Well... Yi Jung is actually recovering from his coma, but that’s not my reason, my reason is Yi Jung`s hand” Ga Eul finally gave her reason and again lowered her head, Ga Eul didn’t know how her friends would react she was afraid to look at them.

 

“For the hand he broke”? Woo Bin again being the one to ask, because anything related to Yi Jung he had to get it clear.

 

“Deh, 5 days before when Yi Jung moved his hand and the doctor had told me he was soon to recover, the doctor all so told me that everything will be fine, but his hand will never with the same and he won`t be able to do pottery like he did before, because his hand bones are broken, he will be able move his hand, but his hand won`t work the same way when he does pottery, and I couldn’t... let... Yi Jung, lose something he loves”. Ga Eul with those words stopped a few times thinking she didn’t deserve to say that, but that was how she felt, she really did care for Yi Jung.

 

Ga Eul finally decided to pick her head up as she felt Jan Di give her a hug, “Ga Eul your so sweet, if Yi Jung was awake right now I would punch him for making you ever cry after all you are doing for him” Jan Di let go of the hug and gave Ga Eul a smile. Ga Eul looked at Ji Hoo and received the same smile.

 

“And I thought I was the one to care most for Yi Jung as his friend and brother, but I guess you beat me” Woo Bin looked at Ga Eul and gave her a smile that not many ever see on Woo Bin. Ji Hoo smiled as well, but he looked at Woo Bin and gave him a smirk “hey your not the only one who cares, we do too” Ji Hoo defended himself as he elbowed Woo Bin, they both give out a laugh and look back at Ga Eul and Jan Di.

 

“Ga Eul I know you care, but do take care of yourself too ok” Jan Di said comforting her friend.

 

“Ehhh... No! No” everyone turned around in shock as they heard voices from Yi Jung`s side as he moved and shook his head in some kind of disagreement.   

 

“Yi Jung” Ga Eul was the first one to run over to Yi Jung, worried to what was wrong; Jan Di came back to the room with the doctor. The doctor told everyone to go out as he had to check Yi Jung and couldn’t have any one around. 

 

Ji Hoo, Woo Bin, Jan Di, and Ga Eul obeyed the doctor and left the room. Ga Eul was much worried and couldn’t sit still she kept phasing back and forth and Jan Di tried to calm Ga Eul down, but nothing really helped. Ji Hoo and Woo Bin stood next to the door, as now they were much worried as well and couldn’t just sit and watch everything.

 

After a few minutes the doctor came out with a smile and only looked in Ga Eul`s direction “Ga Eul could you please come to my office, and the rest of you can go meet Yi Jung he is up now, but please try not to ask him to many questions he just woke and to much talking or asking him questions could hurt his head” the doctor told Ji Hoo, Jan Di and Woo Bin that Yi Jung was finally awake and that they could meet him now, but have to be careful and treat him well. Ga Eul was full of happiness after hearing Yi Jung had finally awoken. The doctor left the group with the nurse following him into his office, with a smile congratulating Ga Eul. Ga Eul without a word, but with a big smile followed the nurse and the doctor to their office. As soon as Ga Eul left the group, Ji Hoo, Woo Bin and Jan Di walked inside the room to congratulate Yi Jung, they were all happy knowing their friend was now better.

 

As soon as Ga Eul entered their office the doctor sat on his chair with the nurse holding a file and standing next to the doctors desk still with a smile. The doctor guided Ga Eul to sit in the chair in front of him and Ga Eul followed.

 

“Congrats Ga Eul, you did well” the doctor said as soon as Ga Eul sat and looked at him. Ga Eul was so happy that the smile on her face wouldn’t disappear. “Thank you, but you did well too, so he is recovered now right” Ga Eul asked right away to make her self feel at ease.

 

“Well that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. You see Yi Jung has woken up, but his body hasn’t fully yet”. The doctor said explaining his reason to why he asked her in.

 

“What do you mean?” Ga Eul now with a confused look asked.

 

“Well when a person comes out of a coma they could come out in a shock or slowly, which ever it is their body doesn’t move for very long time so the body doesn’t know how to respond right away. So he won`t be able to move much yet, but the process of him beginning to move will be quick. He will be given everyday therapy till he finally can move his body again without anyone’s help. With therapy he will recover quick, but for the time being, till he doesn’t he wont be able to eat or do much by himself, he will remember everything and know what to do at times, but his body wont be able to respond right away. So is it ok if I put you in charge of that, I wanted to make sure with you first”

 

“Of course, I will take all responsibility” Ga Eul said with a bigger smile as if she would agree to anything. Ga Eul was really happy, but there was something she needed to know, so she asked the doctor right away without any hesitation. “But I need to ask you for something too”

 

“How may I help you?” the doctor responded with a smile.

 

“I would like you to operate on Yi Jung`s right hand”.

 

 

Hey guys hope you like this chapter. Hope it made most of you happy. I will update really soon because I know all of you want Yi Jung and Ga Eul to meet. ;) Please do comment and subscribe.

 

P.S: if you guys didn’t know about fasting its when you don’t eat for a reason, either for someone or something. Its a tradition in most cultures all so. XD