Chapter 38: So Family New Member?

Love Triangle

The car stopped in front of the So mansion. Yi Jung peeked at the edge of the door window that was slightly opened from the top. So many people had come; it was packed, more than ever.

“Wow, was it necessary to invite this many people?” Yi Jung spoke as he glared at the many people who had come. 

“Your mother said that today`s party was important. She had some big news” Ga Eul replied to Yi Jung as she also glared at the amount of people going inside the mansion.

“Well let’s go in. My mother won`t like it if we are late.” Yi Jung grabs Ga Eul`s hand and tries to pull her with him, but she resisted and pulled her arm back. Yi Jung glared at Ga Eul and sighed as he looked down.

“Never mind. Just come out when your ready” With those words Yi Jung stepped out of the car and without looking back, headed inside the mansion. Ga Eul looks in Yi Jung`s direction as he walked away. She didn’t mean to upset him, but seeing them two together, between so many people, it could lead to misunderstanding. She did not want that. Ga Eul takes a deep sigh and opens the car door and is about to step out. Before she had taken even a foot out the door, her phone rang. She quickly takes it out of her purse and picks it up seeing the caller ID.

“Neh, I know what to do.” After listening to the other person on the line Ga Eul responds with much manner and hangs up. She puts her phone back into her purse and steps out and heads into the mansion. Ga Eul took slow steps, she was nervous, for something was terribly bothering her. She finally reaches the entrance to the mansion. She was shocked to the figure that was standing there.

“It`s about time you came”

“Yi Jung sir, you didn’t go in”

“Can you please stop with the sir? We are at a party; you don’t have to call me sir here. I am here because mother strictly ordered both of us to come together.” Shaking her head Ga Eul agreed and they walked into the mansion side by side.

As if they were the spotlight of the party, everyone stops their movement and only glared at the beautiful couple coming in. Yi Jung wearing a pure white suit, made him look like a fantasy prince charming. Ga Eul with her blue and white dress with gems and her hair down with end curls and her innocent beautiful face, really made her look like Yi Jung`s Cinderella. The crowd gasped to how great they both matched up together. Before anything there was a crowd of screaming girls around them commenting on what a cute couple they were. Feeling uncomfortable Ga Eul walks faster to quickly get away from the crowd, Yi Jung smiles to her behavior and follows her. They both end up in front of Mrs. So; she smiles to their arrival.

“Omo! Ga Eul you look so beautiful!” Ga Eul blushed to the compliment. Yi Jung glimpsed as Ga Eul and smiled to what a great job he did.

“Yi Jung!” Mrs. So calls her son to get his attention. Yi Jung snapping out of thought looked away from Ga Eul and made contact with his mother. “Yes?”

“Are you going to stare all day? Come on we have things to announce.” The words of his mother made Yi Jung blush, because she had caught his glare he was giving to Ga Eul.

Mrs. So directs both Ga Eul and Yi Jung to the stage and as they head up; a microphone is neatly being set up for them. Mrs. So is the first one to approach the microphone with Yi Jung on her right side and Ga Eul on her left side.

“Excuse me everyone, may I have your attention please. Thank you all for coming. Today is a great day for the So family, mainly for two reasons. One the So family has grown dramatically over the months and its all thanks to my lovely owners of the So Company. Please give a big applause for my son So Yi Jung and the beautiful COO of the So Company Ga Eul.” Both Yi Jung and Ga Eul take 2 steps forward and bow. The cheers and applause grew rapidly. Then Mrs. So gives the crowd the signal, by waving her hand and they all take their seats and not make another sound.

“Thank you for your kindness. But that’s not all, there is one more thing that makes this day important. Over the months I have been observing my son and he has taken up many responsibilities and has fulfilled them all with no trouble. I am happy to say that I have decided that Yi Jung is ready to take on real life responsibilities. Yes I know what you all are thinking, I have decided to tie Yi Jung with the bond of marriage and soon a family...” As Mrs. So was still speaking Yi Jung looked at his mother with nothing but anger. He hated how his mother decided these kinds of things for him without even asking him. Yi Jung`s mother notices her sons glare and looks back at him and nodes her head letting him know to calm down and that every thing will be fine. Yi Jung looked back at the crowd. Mrs. So did the same and spoke again.

“Last time I told you I will be announcing the So family daughter in law, well the time as come. She is beautiful, innocent, smart, hard working and she loves pottery just like my son.”

After hearing the description Yi Jung smiles to the thought that his mother just described Ga Eul. “Could it be her?” he thought to himself. Deep down he made every prayer he could, making every wish he could that it would be Ga Eul.

“Please give another round of applause for the So family`s daughter in law...” as she spoke Mrs. So extends her arm out in the same direction Ga Eul was in. Yi Jung smiled thinking it really was Ga Eul.