Chapter 24: God Is Our Only Hope

Love Triangle

Hope you guys like this chapter! Please do comment and subscribe. XD

 

His hand twitched, it made a movement, a movement that even brought Ga Eul much shock. As soon as Ga Eul had grabbed his hand, his hand seemed to close up around her fingers. Ga Eul was shocked to what she saw, but more than anything she was happy that Yi Jung was recovering.

 

“His hand moved, he made a movement” Ga Eul with the biggest smile gave the nurse the news

 

“Really,” The nurse was shocked to what she heard, she quickly ran to the beds left side where all the machinery was placed. After a few minutes of checking everything and then at the same time checking Yi Jung's pulses from his left arm that the nurse had already taken away from Ga Eul`s hand, she spoke out “Wow I didn`t think after that big fall he would begin to recover this quick.

 

“Excuse me, what did you say” Ga Eul spoke, still with a smile as she heard that Yi Jung was soon to recover

 

“Yes, Yi Jung has seem to be recovering and he will be out of the coma in a few days, I will go get the doctor and he will come check the rest and he will be the one who could explain what is happening” the nurse said as she finished up checking everything and was about to leave to tell the doctor, but her footsteps stop and she turns around and faces Ga Eul “Ms. Ga Eul you must have taken care of Mr. Yi Jung with much care and love, that even Mr. Yi Jung wants to wake up so early, you two must really love each other”. With those words and a smile the nurse leaves past the brown room door as it closed after she had headed out. The kind words were sweet, but it didn't make Ga Eul smile it made Ga Eul recall back to Yi Jung's real girlfriend how could Ga Eul ever take Hyo Jung's place. To get her mind off of reality Ga Eul decides to walk around the room and think of other things, till the doctor comes in, then Ga Eul`s eyes as were wondering around, pause on a blue file lying on the side cabinet, which was placed on Yi Jung's bed's left side, with Yi Jung's name one it. “The nurse must have left that here” Ga Eul thought to herself as she remembered the nurse come in with the file before. Ga Eul walks towards the file and picks it up, she didn't want it, to get lost, as the file sat in her hands, Ga Eul`s curiosity got the best of her and she began to peek through the file. She didn't really understand what most of what was written in the file meant, but then the file was turned to a page, that she did know the meaning of. It was an x ray of Yi Jung's right hand that he had broken. His finger bones were smashed flat and few of the bones were separated, as if someone had stepped on his hand with much pressure.

 

“Oh there it is” the nurse had walked back into the room with the doctor behind her to whom tried to make his way and reach Yi Jung

 

“Lets see here...” the doctor observed Yi Jung and checked his pulses and his body reaction, that the machinery was picking up. “...Wow in all my years I have never seen someone recover from a coma this quick. Ms. Ga Eul even if for a short while, you have taken care of him well. I say Yi Jung will be awake in a couple more days. Good work” the doctor gave Ga Eul a smile and Ga Eul ree, but with a questionable look “doctor, but I`ve only been here for 2 days, I couldn`t have done anything, it was you who has been giving him medicine to help him recover, I really didn't even do anything” “you have, you very much have. I will go tell the other doctor to get some things ready, because Yi Jung needs to be tested before we can make a final decision” with those words and a smile the doctor was about to head out, but paused as he heard Ga Eul`s voice.

 

 “Doctor, will Yi Jung's right hand, ever recover”?

 

“The way it is damaged, I don’t think it will recover fully” the doctor replied with a smile that turned upside down.

 

“What do you mean”? Ga Eul now much worried continued to ask.

 

“Well after he wakes up he will be able to move his hand, but I am afraid he won`t be able to do pottery the way he used to”

 

“No that can`t happen, pottery is everything for him, can`t you do anything so he could continue doing what he loves”

 

“I`m sorry, I don’t think we could do anything we could only now hope for God to pick up Yi Jung`s hand again and give him the ability to continue doing what he loves, but other than that, I am really sorry”.

 

With that the doctor heads out and asks the nurse to follow. The nurse with a “it will be ok” smile walks up to Ga Eul and rubs her shoulder to make her cheer up, Ga Eul appreciated the kindness she was receiving, but that wasn’t something that could really at the moment cheer her up. The nurse takes the file out of the Ga Eul`s hands and follows the doctor outside. “I will not give up like that, I promise to bring his hand back no matter what, if God is my only option, then for Yi Jung I will risk anything for God to listen to my prayers”. Ga Eul with a smile makes a promise to herself and for a girl like her she meant what she says even if it had the idea of risking her life.

 

5 days after...

 

As her daily routine Ga Eul tired to make sure Yi Jung was comfortable as possible, but after the promise she made to herself, that wasn’t the only thing Ga Eul was doing for Yi Jung. “Sunbae, please wake up soon, taking care of you is so tiring” Ga Eul joked to herself as she spoke out with a smile while her eyes only glued on Yi Jung who seemed to recover everyday, but was not fully ready to wake up right away. Ga Eul begins to clean up the room, which wasn’t much, since it was only her and Yi Jung who couldn’t do much. “Mmmmm. Looks good” Ga Eul thought to herself as she observed the room after finishing up. “RIIIINNNNNGGGG” Ga Eul`s reaches for her coat that was placed in the room`s small closet and digs out the phone from the pocket and answers it with a smile as soon as she saw the caller ID.

 

“Oh Jan Di-ah! How are you” Ga Eul with much excitement speaks out after hearing Jan Di`s voice after so long. Jan Di had to work a lot after what her family had to go through, that she never had time to visit Ga Eul.

 

“Ga Eul, I am good how are you, how is Yi Jung” Jan Di replied with the same tone after hearing her friends sweet and soft voice. “Guess who is with me”? “Hey Ga Eul, how are you” Two other voices spoke out at the same time from the other line.

 

“Ji Hoo and Woo Bin Sunbae, I am good, how are you two”? Ga Eul now smiling asked, even though it had only been a week since they last met, she still wanted to know how they were doing.

 

“Ga Eul be ready we are coming to get you, we are going to go eat out, and celebrate” Ji Hoo spoke out with excitement.

 

“What’s the occasion, why all of a sudden?” Ga Eul asked because she had gone blank after what they had asked her to do.

 

“Ga Eul you don’t remember”? The phone must have been on speaker because right after Ga Eul asked why they were going out to eat and celebrate, Jan Di spoke out with a questionable tone.

 

“Remember what” Ga Eul asked again, because in reality she did not know what the special occasion really was.

 

“Ok lets remind her” Jan Di spoke out to Woo Bin and Ji Hoo and they nodded their head to her agreement.

 

“Remind me what....” Before Ga Eul could finish the three on the other line spoke out with a song

 

“
Saeng il chuk ha hap ni da (Happy birthday to you)


Saeng il chuk ha hap ni da (Happy birthday to you
)

Sarang ha neun Ga Eul (Dear Ga Eul)

Saeng il chuk ha hap ni da (Happy birthday to you)!

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GA EUL!”

 

Sorry guys it took me forever to update, but I have been busy, from now on I promise to update soon as I can and not to make you guys wait so much. So I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please do comment and subscribe. XD!

 

Questions (give it a shot XD that would mean alot to me):

 

-What do you think the doctor meant, when he said that Ga Eul was the true person being the reason of Yi Jung`s recovery?

 

-What do you think Ga Eul will begin to or has began to do to help Yi Jung recover followed by his hand being back to normal?