Fulfilled Promise

The Way You Look At Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmkEcOrAag4&feature=related - In Heaven - JYJ


You looked behind Yookwon, who had his eyes closed. He looked… regretful and guilty. “Oh my gosh…”
You saw another body against Yookwon’s. That person just saved two lives. You just sat there, stuck to the chair as the body fell to the ground... Lifeless.
 Silence. No one talked, it was just silent. Not awkward silence. Just…. Silence.
“U-Untie me, now.” You demanded. Yookwon snapped out of his thoughts and immediately untied the rope. You got up and ran to the body that was on the ground.
You glanced at his face, feeling a pang of memory. It felt like… You knew this person. Actually, not just knew, but it felt like this person was a large part of your life.
The male slowly opened his eyes and smiled very weakly up to you.


“W-What have I done?” Haejin dropped the gun and fell to her knees, her head hanging low. You ignored her and looked at the boy again. “Are you alright?!” you looked around for any wounds. Your eyes travelled to the back of his shoulder. There was a bullet wound next to his shoulder blade, and he was bleeding rapidly. You gasped and cried out to Yookwon. “Call the ambulance, call the ambulance!”
Yookwon quickly got his phone out and called them.
The boy finally spoke. “I’m good, I’m always good.”
That voice… That face… It all sounded so familiar. You just couldn’t work it out.
“Why did you… Save me?” you asked, gently placing his head on your lap for more comfort as you both waited for the ambulance. Yookwon stood there, watching Haejin to make sure she didn’t run away. It didn’t look like it, because she was breaking down on the floor right in the middle of the warehouse.
“You don’t recognise me?” the boy chuckled.
“Uhh?” you furrowed your eyebrows, cautiously shaking your head.
“You don’t remember my promise?”
“What….Promise?” you asked, staring into his eyes.
“That… I’ll always protect you… when you.. need me. And when you’re… down… I’ll be the one.. to bring you … back up… And we would live … like happy… little… piggies…” he chuckled at the last couple of words.
You didn’t have to think hard. It hit you instantly.
“M-Myungsoo o-oppa?” you whimpered, getting teary once again. The boy nodded weakly as he dozed off, losing consciousness. You choked on your tears and widened your eyes. It was him. It was your best friend from childhood. For 10 years, since you were born, he was your best friend. You balled your eyes out, clenching Myungsoo’s shirt as your sobbed uncontrollably.
“I-I missed you so m-much… Why did you do that… I-I don’t want you to leave me again.. Oppa!!”


*Flashback*
You were 9 years old. Myungsoo was 10 and a half. There was a barbeque at your house, and Myungsoo came with his family to join in on the family fun. Your family was not related with Myungsoo’s, but very close. People mistook you and Myungsoo as siblings. You asked Jaehyo if you and him could go and play outside in the front garden, and of course, he let you two go. You kissed him on the cheek, giggled and then ran outside with Myungsoo. You both played with the frisbee until you accidentally threw it outside the gate onto the road.
“Oh poop! I’ll go get it!” you yelled and ran out onto the road, not noticing the car that was coming your way.
“_____!” Myungsoo ran towards you and pulled you away, just missing the car. You screamed and started to cry from shock. Myungsoo got the Frisbee and brought you inside, comforting you/
“Cry all you want, don’t worry, nobody will laugh at you.” He soothed.
“Myungso oppa, I-I’m sorry… And thank you…” you sobbed.
He brought your face away from his chest and wiped away your tears. “I’ll always be there to protect you, okay? And Whenever you feel down, I’ll bring you back up on your feet, alright?”
You nodded. “Will we live like happy piggies?”
Myungsoo grinned, “Of course!”
“Promise?” you held your pinky out, and he intertwined his pinky finger with yours.
“Promise.”

*End of flashback*

 

“Oppa… Don’t go like this! Please I don’t want you to leave again! Please!” you screamed, running your hand through his soft, dark brown hair, remembering when he left you.

*Flashback*

“_____....” Myungsoo murmured.
“Yes, oppa?” you asked, tilting your head.
“We’ll always be best friends, right?” he asked you, looking worried.
“Of course! Forever and ever!” you beamed.
Myungsoo giggled, but then kept a straight face. “I’m moving…”
“Oh? To where?” you asked, thinking it was around your city somewhere.
“…To America..”
You froze. “A-America?” Myungsoo nodded. You felt tears threatening to pour out. “F-For how long?” you stuttered.
“I… Don’t know. I think for quite a while.” He whispered, looking down.
“No… Oppa… you can’t. No! NO! You cannot leave me! Myungsoo oppa! No!” you screamed hitting his chest lightly. He held you tight, trying to savour one of the last moments he may ever spend with you.
“I’ll always be there for you though, okay? Never forget that. I’ll always protect you. Just think of me when you’re down, okay? I’m always there…” Myungsoo whispered, a few tears dropping onto your hair softly.
“I’ll miss you Myungsoo oppa…”
“I’ll miss you too, _____-ah.”

*End of Flashback*

 

You shook Myungsoo hard, trying to wake him up. His eyes fluttered open ever so slowly.
“I thought… I’d never see you again.” You whispered, caressing his face.
“I came back as soon as I had the chance to… To see you, _____-ah.” Myungsoo spoke ever so softly. His eyes started to close yet again. You tried to stop them but he was too fatigued to keep them open. You screamed and shook him, trying everything to get him back. But nothing worked. You uncontrollably sobbed, ignoring the presence of Haejin and Yookwon. It was just you and him in the world at the moment. You never thought this day would come, where you two finally met. A soft, wet tear of sorrow dripped onto his cheek, slowly rolling down.
“Don’t leave me… Again. Please….”

‘_____, I did it. I fulfilled my promise. We’ll meet again, in Heaven.’

 


A/N:

F.M.L!!!!!! I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR WHAT? AGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! I'M SOOOO SORRY SUBBERS! PLEASE DON'T GET ANGRY! I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF! I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH END OF YEAR EXAMS AND ASSIGNMENTS AND ESSAYS AND PROJECTS AND ASSESSMENT AND THEN ALL THIS OTHER STUFF AND I WAS SICK FOR A WEEK OMG I'M SO SORRY!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I'M TRYING!!!! /MENTALLY SLAPPING SELF

 

I'M SO SORRY. THIS COUPLE DAYS I'M GOING TO TRY AND POST LOTS, AND MAYBE EVEN GET THE STORY FINISHED. NO PROMISES THOUGH, BECAUSE MY SCHEDULE IS DUH STUPID..

 

P.S I am sorry for all the caps, but I LOVE ALL OF MY SUBSCRIBERS <3 you guys stay with me no matter how long it takes for me to update, you guys wait patiently... Thank you so much !!!

P.P.S How was this chapter? OMO is Myungsoo dead?! :OOOOOO

 

Oh and also, about Jaehyo, you'll see if he's alive or not soon. Sorry to keep you all on the edge of your seat. . . . ^^"

 

 

THANKS EVERYONE!