Why

What Love Can Make

The light is bright, blinding her eyes as she covers them. The voice is faint and seems far away. Everything that surrounded her from before is gone. There is nothing but white space around her.

"Taehyung-ah...," she cries as she walks towards the white space that he was at before, and drops to the ground. She calls for him, but he doesn't answer, and she cries harder for him.

"Ji Ae," the voice keeps calling her, and she looks up. There's no one, and it calls for her again.

"I'm here," it says, and her eyes widen, realizing who it was. She stops crying and wipes her tears away.

"Where are you, V Oppa?" she sniffles as tears are still silently running down her cheeks, following the sound of his voice. 


"You're telling us now, that Eunjoo is the reason Ji Ae is like this? The sickness and the trauma?" Suga asks still in disbelief.

All the others were staring hard at him, feeling anger and he nods at the question. It feels great to be able to talk about it. All these years, he had been keeping it in, afraid it wasn't going to do Ji Ae any good. Well, look at the situation now.

"After that, we've been trying to work on ways to energize her outbursts through guitar lessons and anything that will soothe her," he explains, and they all nodded in understanding.

Jimin, who has his arms crossed, sits down and said, "Wow," and that was the only word leaving his mouth.

Jin then explained it more to them so they could understand the whole situation better. As he did, they all calm one another down as angry as they all are.


"How come the police isn't doing nothing? She goes to our school," the Maknae said, upset, and scoffs to himself.

"You know how police are these days. They barely do their jobs now," Suga said flatly.

Nam Joon laughs, agreeing with his friend.

Jin then stands up and looks at them. "Don't say anything to V. Feel Hoseok in when you guys get the chance. I'm going outside to get some fresh air if you guys want to join," he finishes and walks to the door.

All the members sigh, looking at one another, not knowing what to do. They all know the situation now, and it's just getting worse the more they think about it. Just the thought about their friends' lives on the line made it no better.


Taehyung wipes her forehead of sweat with the damp cloth Jin had provided earlier before wetting it again in the bowl and squeezing the water out and laying it on her forehead.

He holds her hand and looks down at her face. She's peaceful now, but he knows there's more to it. He brushes his hand against her cheeks softly, frowning.

"It's alright, Ji Ae. I'm here," he whispers.


Melanie watches as J-Hope smiles and his dimples popping out from watching the beach waters swaying back and forth. His face glows from the moonlight, and she falls for him even more.

"Are you going to keep watching me, or the waves?" he suddenly asks, bringing her back to reality.

She looks away, and he chuckles at her softly, enjoying his teasing. He looks at her, and she is looking ahead, anywhere but him. "Is your heart okay?" he asks, smirking.

"Shut up," she mutters, and he goes closer to her.

She looks at him weirdly, pushing him away from her. "Yah, watch it," she rolls her eyes, and he laughs. "I thought you'd like it better if I was closer to you."

At his sudden comment, she gulps. Inside, it was killing her with the fast beating of her heart, but she wasn't showing it on the outside.

"Whatever, ," Melanie says as she moves away from him only to make him come closer to her. She glares at him, and he shrugs at her.

"Alright, sorry. I'll move," Hoseok said as he takes a few steps back, and she eyes him as he does.

Melanie sighs in relief, but it wasn't long until she heard him say her name, and when she turns to look, he was behind her and the next thing she knows, she was in the water.

She lets out a shriek.


She sits up, gasping for air as Taehyung moves out of her way to let her breathe. When she caught her breath, she turns to look at him. Her eyes began to water, and he stares in confusion, yet relieved to see her awake.

"Y-You're awa-"

She suddenly wraps her arms around him, and he stops speaking from shock. Her grip is tight as if she doesn't want to let go. His arms are spread out, hesitating to put them around her.

"I thought I lost you," she says, crying in his chest.

It finally hit him that it was her dream.

"O-Oh...I-I'm right here with you," he tells her, stuttering, and she backs away from him and starts to touch his body, searching for something.

"Are you okay? Where is it?" she asks him, and he pushes her away, making her hit the wall.

"What are you doing?" he says, almost yelling.

Just then, Jin comes in, coming to her aid. "Yah, what are you doing?" he asks V. He had seen the whole thing and is furious about it.

He goes to her, holding her in his arms. "Ji Ae-ah, are you okay?" he asks her, but she's not paying any attention to him. She's looking at V.

"O-Oppa, Tae-Taehyung...Is he okay? He's hurt!" she motions towards V, and Jin holds her in place to keep her from attacking his friend.

V, confuse, and a bit freaked out, just watches.

"He's fine, Ji Ae! He's fine!" the eldest shouts, grabbing her by the arms, shaking her to bring her back to reality.

"No, he's hurt! I saw him!"

"Hyung, what is she saying? I'm fine," he says, and Jin waves at him, telling him to go. He obeys and leaves.


When he went downstairs, he hears his friends talking. He heard Eunjoo's name and then Ji Ae. They were talking about her again. And then he heard the word kill and the name Henry.

At the sight of V coming down, the rest of them came running, surrounding him at the bottom of the staircase. They looked worried, and he knows the reason why.

"How's Ji Ae Noona?" Jungkook asked.

"She's fine. Maybe a little freaked out," the boy admitted, and the rest of them frowns.

"Did anything happen while you were up there?" Jimin asks, and V shakes his head.

Suga sighs relieved nothing bad happened upstairs, and Namjoon puts a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, smiling. "That's a good sign, then."

"But Hyung, what were you guys talking about?" he asks his Leader, aware of what he had heard.

He watches as his friend smiles, squeezing his shoulders. "Yah, we were talking about our schedules," his friend says, obviously lying.

Taehyung nods, "Oh...," and forces a smile although he knew it wasn't the truth. He could see in all their faces. They're avoiding to make eye contact with him as each of them pats his back. They're hesitant.

"Should we go and check on her?" Jimin suggested, and just in time, Jin comes down. He has a wary look, and V's lips turn into a thin line.

"Is she alright?" he asks.

Jin nods.

"Yes, she's feeling alright. She just...Thought you were hurt, that's all," he explains, "She didn't mean to freak you out or anything."

"What do you mean? Did something happened?" Jimin asks, glaring at V, who just shrugs.

"She had an outburst and got confused. Nothing serious," Jin replies, earning a suspicious look from Jungkook and Suga as Namjoon nods only.

"Can we go see her then?" the Maknae asks, sad, and Jin shakes his head no, but nods at V.

"Taehyung, can you stay the night with her? I'm just...Worried something might happen," he said and his eyes are filled with sorrow and fear.

 

V, not knowing what else to say, as he didn't want to see his friend sad and hurt, nods, and starts to go upstairs. As he enters her room, he looks at her, and she's sleeping peacefully now. He doesn't see any sign of pain or fear on her face.

"She's finally getting some sleep," he whispers to himself as he sits by her bedside.

As he sits there, he thinks back to happened earlier. The way she was holding him, and the look in her eyes. It was more than fear. There was love in her eyes and the way she called his name out of desperation. It was as if he really was in danger.

"Taehyung-ah."

Her soft voice calls his name, and he looks at her with wide eyes. She's looking at him, and her smile is small, but he can see the happiness in her eyes.

When did she wake up?

"I th-thought you were sleeping?" he said, and she nods her head. "I was, but then I woke up."

"Oh, are you thirsty? How about some water?" he asks, getting up, making an excuse so he can get out of the room, but she grabs onto his hand before he could make the move and her hand is cold.

"Kajima..." she said barely audible, but he heard her.

He turns to look at her, and she's crying again, her tears falling from the corners of her eyes.

"Please don't leave me," she begs him helplessly, and he sits back down on the bed. Inside, he feels weird, but the feeling was comfortable.

He holds onto her hand, warming it up. "I won't go anywhere," he assures her, "go back to sleep. I'll still be here when you wake up," his hand touches her face and wipes the tears away.

She nods and closes her eyes, still holding onto his hand tightly. It wasn't that long until she falls fast asleep, and he looks down at their intertwined hands.

Why does it feel so right?