What Counted

What Love Can Make

Melanie looked around the hallway to see if Eunjoo was in sight. It was clear and she made her way to the classroom. Inside, she noticed there was only one person and that someone was Ji Ae. Melanie fixed herself as she walked up to her and tapped Ji Ae on the shoulder. The girl turned around to look and Melanie smiled at her.

"H-Hi...Ji Ae," she said in a small voice.

Ji Ae smiled in return and waved at her.

Aurora laughed at her and waved as well. "You're funny."

"I am?" she asked dumbfounded and Melanie nodded her head before telling the girl to forget about what she had just said.

"It's nice to see you. It's been a while," Melanie told her and Ji Ae nodded even though she didn't understand why. All she knew was, the girl standing in front of her looked familiar.

Melanie sat on the seat across from her and she hung her blazar on the back of the chair before turning back to Ji Ae.

"Want to be friends?"

At the sudden question, Ji Ae gawked her head to the side, giving her a questioning look.

Melanie chuckled at her silliness and held her hand out. "Let's be friends, Ji Ae-sshi."

Ji Ae looked at the outstretched hand in front of her then at her. A smile formed on the girl's lips and she nodded, grabbing Melanie's hands. "Okay."

Melanie softened at the sight of her smile and old memories flashed before her eyes. The moments of Him and her together, smiling, not a care in the world.

"You used to be so happy..."

Just then, Eunjoo walked in and gave Melanie a look. It was a look of disgust and she hated that look.

"What are you doing with her?"

Melanie shrugged and fixed her expression. It was rather different from the one she had been with Ji Ae. Instead, it was an annoyed and cold look.

"Nothing, sitting. She's too creepy to be talking to," she lied and Eunjoo raised a brow at her, not sure if she believed the girl or not.

Eunjoo then averted her eyes to Ji Ae, who was just looking at her, blinking. She rolled her eyes and then looked back at Melanie. "Why don't you move then?"

Melanie glared at her.

"Why would I when I'm comfortable?" she snapped and Eunjoo laughed at her remark.

"You're really funny."

That was all Eunjoo said before walking out of the classroom. When she was gone, Melanie let out a deep breath and looked at Ji Ae.

"Are you okay?" she asked her.

Ji Ae looked at Melanie and nodded, smiling.

"Mianhae, Ji Ae-ah."

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because...I'm a bad person."

It came out barely audible and Ji Ae shook her head.

"I don't you're a bad person."

Aurora gave her a weak smile and lightly chuckled at her words. Her tears began to form and she quickly wiped them away.

"Gomawo, Ji Ae."


When Eunjoo got to the bathroom, she took out her phone and dialed a number. The person on the other side answered. It was one her people.

"I want you to keep an eye on someone for me."


Taehyung was walking in the halls. Throughout the whole day, he still had his head wrapped around the whole situation. He still was thinking about Eunjoo, especially after witnessing what Jungkook had told them the other day.


The young one sighed. "I overheard Eunjoo and Ji Ae noona talking," he confessed.

Their eyes widened.

"Did she hurt Ji Ae?" Suga then asked, beating V to the question, his tone deadly and Jungkook shook his head. "No. She did make a threat, though."

At the word 'threat', their eyes hardened and full of hatred and anger, especially V and Suga.

"Threat?" V asked, "What kind of threat?"

Is she even capable of doing such a thing?

Suga frowned at him, wanting to ask that question.

The Maknae's eyes hardened at the thought of it.

"That if Noona makes any kind of contact with you or Jin Hyung, she will not hesitate to take action," he said and gave V a look before he sat on the floor, his head tilted back against the wall.


He questioned himself again - the same one he asked himself that day. Is she capable of doing such a thing? If so, what happened and why? Never in his life for the last few months of dating her had he thought she was able to do what she did. She seemed like a sweet and kind girl to him. Was that all fake? What about her feelings? Then at the same time, he wasn't even sure if his feelings were real either. He was probably just confused.

V let out a groan and just when he was about to go inside the classroom, he heard Eunjoo's voice calling his name.

"Not right now, Eunjoo. I have to get to class," he said and she grabbed his hand.

"Since when do you care about getting to class?"

He snatched his hand away from her grasp and gave her a cold look. "Since we were over," he told her and she gave him a sad look.

"Just give me a few minutes. I just want to talk. Two minutes is all I need," she said in desperation, "Please, Taehyung Oppa."

With a glint of sadness in his eyes, Eunjoo thought he was going to give in as usual how he always did in the past but she was wrong. The cold look in his eyes from before returned and said, "We're over. Leave me alone," and walked off, leaving her behind.

Upset at his new strong personality, she went after him and blocked his way. Her eyes darkened and he raised a brow. He didn't see any glimmer or sparkle but a dark look.

"We may be done, but I'm not giving up. Just watch, V Oppa. There's no way you can get rid of me easily," she said with her hands balled into fists and without another word, she turned around walking away with her head held high and careful to not let her feelings get the best of her. The last time she did, it was a disaster.

V scoffed at her but her words seemed to be repeating in his head. Was that a threat? he thought to himself and again, her voice called out his name.

This time it was cheerful.

"Taehyung Oppa, there's always another time! Don't worry!" she shouted and there it was, the glint and sparkle in her eyes. And that smile, there was something about it. Wait, was that a smirk?


Her hands unfolded itself and fell limply at her sides as she walked away with a smile. Eunjoo needed to stay calm if she wanted everything to go the way as planned. Her anger is what's wrong with her.

"I warned you, V Oppa."


He gave her a look, or rather a look of confusion. Not too long ago, she was upset and now, cheerful. It was as if she had two sides of herself.

"What the hell is wrong with her," he muttered and stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked to class.


Ji Ae sat down and as always, he sat down next to her. It seemed like it was a routine thing now. She looked at him and nodded. He rolled his eyes in return only and looked in front of him where the Teacher was now talking.

"Now, take out your instruments and I want you all to start with the basics and then the song I had assigned you all last week. Your assignment is worth half your grade," the music instructor said and the students groaned but still did what they were told.

Ji Ae took out her guitar and V the saxophone. He turned to her and she scooted away from him.

"You shouldn't let something like that get the best of you," he told her and she looked him, blinking.

He moved closer to her and she froze. "Whatever she said, don't listen. We're here for you."

The girl nodded and smiled and he nodded back, slightly taken aback from his own actions but brushed it off and went back to studying his music.


Class ended and the members came up to him. The elder ones had class so they weren't there. V slung an arm around Jungkook's neck and pulled him close.

"How was the class?"

The youngest ruffled his hair. "Boring, as always."

Jimin smirked.

"What about you? How's Ji Ae?"

Taehyung shrugged.

"She's been keeping her distance still. I told her she didn't have to," he casually said and put his hands in his pockets.

Their Leader nodded.

"I wish she'd listen. I really want her to feel," he said and the members nodded in agreement meanwhile V just stared at them, silently thinking to himself.

"I saw Eunjoo today," he bluntly said out loud and his friends looked at him attentively.

"O-Oh, is that right?" Jimin rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably and the members looked away, not saying anything as they didn't want to upset him.

V forced a smile. "It's okay, guys. I'm fine."

The Maknae then responded, "So...Did she say anything?"

The boy nodded.

"Eunjoo said she wanted to talk but I said no," he told them, "She said she's not giving up and that I can't get rid of her easily. You know how girls get after a breakup."

The way he said it was so nonchalant and Nam Joon stopped them from walking, having thought about something. "Wait. Isn't that a threat?"

Jimin scoffed and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"She and her threats are really something. Seriously, who does she think she is to threaten Ji Ae first, then you? She really needs to get checked," Jimin angrily said and irritated, walked away from the rest.

"Jimin Hyung!" Jungkook called after and looked at the elder, who gave him the signal to go after their friend.

He watched as the young one ran after Jimin and turned to Nam Joon. "Aren't you going too?" V asked to which he replied, "No. He'll be fine."

V nodded and Nam Joon squeezed his shoulder. "You, be careful. You don't know what she's capable of."

There it was again, the warning.

"Hyung, that's exactly why I'm just waiting for you guys to tell me what's going on so I know how to deal with it. You guys keeping me in the dark isn't going to help anything or nobody," he huffed, fuming with anger. "But I guess my safety isn't enough for you guys to tell me. Ji Ae is all you guys ever worry about anyway. I'm not coming to the dorm so don't expect me," he grumbled and walked away.

"You're not the only one being kept under the dark!" he heard his friend shouted after him and he shook his head. It just seems they don't understand what he's saying, or choosing not to. It didn't matter if they didn't know about the situation from before or whatever the reason was behind everything, they still knew more information he didn't, and that was what counted.

"But of course you guys wouldn't know."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've done a lot of thinking and story planning and I don't think much will be happening. It's coming to end but not soon. I've looked back to my previous notes and my new added ones and once I finish adding, there won't be much left. For now, there will be more chapters coming up. Probably up to .

And the boys, aren't you guys so proud of them?

I'm so proud and happy for them. They seemed to be enjoying their time and they were able to talk about their campaign and the UN event, as well as their album, just makes it even better. <3

And then there's the little girl! I'm sure we all can feel what she's feeling. T.T Jimin was so precious, hugging and comforting her.