The Insensitive, The Sweet and The Genius

30 Days

 

Minseok went back directly to their dorm after he went out of your house. He didn’t even bother to look back and maybe decide to stay instead.

 

“Hey Minseok, you’re back so soon!” Joonmyun noticed as Minseok went inside their dorm.

 

“Did something happen?” Kris asked worriedly.

 

“Nothing happened. Jiyeon just asked me to go home instead.”

 

“What? Why?” Sehun asked, surprised with his hyung’s answer.

 

“She noticed I was tired so she asked me to rest instead.”

 

“And you didn’t even bother to say you’re not and that you want to stay with her instead of resting?”

 

“No. She wouldn’t listen anyway. She would still insist that I go home.” Minseok answered Yixing’s question as if he doesn’t care about you at all.

 

“Don’t you have feelings? You’re so insensitive!”

 

“Excuse me Yixing, don’t you talk and shout at me like that! Maybe you’re forgetting that I am still older than you.” Pissed off, he went to his room away from his ‘sensitive’ members.

 

“Did he just walk out on you, Xing?” Yixing didn’t answer and instead he went to his room as well away from the tension he had caused because of his remark.

 

“Did he just walk out on me?” Luhan still asked even though he clearly knows the answer.

 

“He’s too sensitive sometimes, you know that.” Kyungsoo blurted out.

 

“You guys, we all know what Yixing is going through as well. Among the 12 of us, he is the one who can closely relate to Jiyeon’s situation. Having an incurable disease is not easy, let’s just understand him ok.” Kris tried to remind everyone.

 

“But you know what, I have to agree with Yixing-hyung. Minseok-hyung was a little insensitive. What if something happens to Jiyeon the moment he left?” Jongin stated his side. Everyone was thinking the same thing as well.

 

-----

 

“Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Are you alright in there? Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Open the door this instant KANG JIYEON!”

 

*I thought heaven is quiet. Why is there someone screaming? Why is that person screaming my name? What door is she talking about? I can’t see a door here!*

 

You finally decided to jump from the clouds and bang goes your body on the floor of your room.

 

“Jiyeon! Jiyeon, what was that sound? Jiyeon, open up please!”

 

You’ve woken up from the thought that you were already dead. You can still feel your heart in pain but not as much as before you went to slumber. You got up from your fall and reached for the door of your room only to see a freaked out Subin in front of you.

 

“What the hell was that? Why is your room locked? Is there someone else inside? IS MINSEOK INSIDE?”

 

“Hey hey, Subin chill! I was asleep you silly girl. What are you so worried about? It seems like you want to crack open my door. Relax! Everything’s ok. No one’s inside my room aside from me.”

 

“Are you sure? I thought…Nevermind.”

 

“You’re not thinking of…..”

 

“No one’s downstairs. You didn’t text me if you’re going out or anything. I checked up on your room and it’s locked. And I know Minseok is supposed to be here today, so what else could be on my mind huh? You tell me!”

 

“You know I won’t do such thing especially before marriage. And I probably won’t be able to experience such thing because I’ll be dead in 27 days.”

 

“Stop counting your remaining days.” Subin said softly. It’s obvious she doesn’t want to hear such remarks about your days left.

 

“See, and you’ve finally calmed down.” You smiled while pinching Subin’s cheeks.

 

“So where’s Minseok anyway?”

 

“He left hours ago.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I asked him to leave.”

 

“Did he do something to you?!”

 

“There you go again. Chillax, he’s done nothing ok. He won’t do such thing, I’m sure of it. Especially if it’s with me.”

 

“And what made you say that huh?”

 

“Because I’m nowhere near his ideal type. The one he described in their interview in Sina. I can never give him warmth. And he won’t dare hug me. I’m so thin and pale.”

 

“You’re so mean to yourself. Actually, you’re not that thin for someone who’s sick. And you don’t really look that pale too.”

 

“So you’re saying I’m fat and just pretending to be sick?” You slapped Subin’s arms jokingly.

 

“I don’t mean in that way. What I’m trying to say is that, whatever your condition is, if you really want to make Minseok happy and satisfied, you can find ways to do it. And I know you have the capacity for such. You’re a natural sweet and kind person. He’ll sure to find warmth in you in no time.”

 

 “But everytime I’m with him, I can notice that the mere sight of me just brings him down. I don’t know what to do.”

 

“Why don’t you guys go out? Away from this place and away from his company. Somewhere you haven’t been to and most probably he hasn’t been too as well for some time now. Go out on a different environment. That might just do the trick, for all we know.”

 

“You, my best friend, are a genius!” You patted Subin’s back and light bulb immediately lighted up from your head. A place you haven’t been to before. A place you’ve always wanted to visit but were not allowed to. Perhaps, a place called the zoo will do the trick for the two of you.