Back Off

30 Days

After regaining a bit of your strength you smiled to everyone and said, “I’ll be fine,” not wanting to cause any more tension in the house. But of course, all of them weren’t convinced by that.

 

EXO decided to leave sooner than expected for they think it’s inappropriate to stay anymore after the tension that their absent member had caused.

 

You walked up to them before they left and asked for a favor you know they couldn’t do. But at least it’s worth the try, “please don’t be too harsh on him after what you’ve heard. He’s probably just drunk.”

 

“Now that’s even worse because if that’s the case it only means that everything he said was what he was really feeling and were the truth,” everyone did agree with Chanyeol.

 

“We can’t promise that we won’t be harsh to him. But we can promise that we’ll leave him alive for you to kill,” Jongdae said with a really serious tone.

 

-----

 

The boys arrived at their dorm expecting a wasted Minseok, but they were greeted by no one. Each of them was frustrated that they can’t punch him yet that night. They all just went to sleep after and didn’t even bother calling the eldest to check on how he was doing already.

 

D-8

 

Morning came and surprisingly, Luhan was the first one to wake up. He noticed a man lying on the couch like a dead dummy. He knew who it was, of course. He went to him quickly, pulled him up and started beating the crap out of Minseok. Minseok lied there helpless and weak. He received all of Luhan’s punches and brutal words without any objection. One by one the members woke up because of the noise due to Luhan’s fury. All of them were ready to beat Minseok as well but the second eldest stopped them from coming any closer.

 

“I think what I did was enough. You don’t have to do your parts anymore or else we might kill him,” he left the dorm to breathe some fresh air and to calm himself down. Sehun followed him, trying to get away from the tension building inside their dorm.

 

The other members just ignored the fact that the eldest was there, terribly beaten up by one of their members. As each of them were to do their morning rituals like nothing happened Joonmyun reminded, “not a word will get out of this dormitory about what happened.”

 

Chanyeol was the only one left in the living room, looking at Minseok like he was some ruthless criminal. He was trying so hard to control his anger. His fists were shaking, his eyes were becoming deadlier, the veins on his face were becoming visible. In the end the only thing the he was able to do was to say, “If only I had known that trusting her to you will be the worst decision of my life, then I should’ve continued playing the game instead and win her even if it takes all of me.”

 

-----

 

After EXO had left, you immediately went and locked yourself in your room. Your family knew what was up and so they followed you right away. They knocked on your door nonstop but you never bothered to answer. They felt the need to use force in getting in to check up on you.

 

After successfully busting the door open, they found you lying on your bed. As they were trying to wake you up Subin noticed something wrong with your pulse, it’s beating abnormally. They immediately rushed you to the hospital.

 

Junho wasn’t back yet from his business trip and so the rest of the doctors and nurses aided to you instead. They started attaching all sorts of wires and hoses again on your body. It’s been a while since the last time you were in that situation – four walls, small bed, machines around, and the smell of anxiety. After an hour or so, a doctor came out from the room and delivered a news to your family.

 

“Everything’s fine now. But I’m afraid to say that she’s too weak to leave the hospital yet. She has to stay here for a few more days until her condition becomes better,” this meant only one thing to your family – you’ll spend your last days in the hospital.

 

-----

 

Minseok was finally back in the real world. As he was trying to get up from the couch, he felt his body ache so bad. He looked inside his shirt and he was so terrified to see some bruises. He went to look for a mirror to see if his face was still visible until Yixing pushed him back on the couch and told him not to get up.

 

“What happened to me? And where are the others?” Minseok asked.

 

“They went out for a while. And seriously, you have no idea what happened?” Minseok really had no idea of what happened. And so Yixing narrated the whole thing to him.

 

“Why are you here then and taking care of me?” he asked after Yixing finished his storytelling.

 

“I’m not doing this for you, to be honest. I’m doing this for your fans. They don’t deserve to feel worried about something that was clearly your entire fault. No one, other than the 12 of us, should know about this,” that was the first time Minseok saw Yixing that serious. And it honestly scared him.

 

“Is my face full of bruises too?”

 

“Can you feel any tingling pain?” Minseok answered no, “then there’s the answer. Luhan spared it from his punches. After all, we didn’t want any of this coming out do we?”

 

“That was a relief”

 

“Your food is right there in front of you. Eat it when you feel hungry. If you need any help, just shout ‘I’m a bastard’ and I’ll be here to aid you,” and he left to the room without glancing back to Minseok.

 

-----

 

Despite Yixing’s reminder of not getting up, Minseok tried his best to move silently and go to your house. After hearing the whole story, he too was disgusted and mad at himself for being so careless. He was hoping that you’ll forgive him because that could be the only way, he thinks, the members could forgive him too. Add the fact that he admits that he hurt you a lot.

 

He arrived at your house pressing the doorbell over and over but no one answered. He tried again for a few more times until someone opened it finally, “Subin. Can I see Jiyeon please?”

 

“Just leave,” she shoved Minseok off but he stopped her from leaving right away. He noticed what Subin was bringing with her, “what are you going to do with Jiyeon’s stuff? Where are you taking them?” he asked.

 

“None of your business. Just leave,” Minseok didn’t stop bothering Subin on your whereabouts and what happened to you. But she was too full and so mad at him that she ended up screaming right at his face, “FOR GEEZ’ SAKE KIM MINSEOK JUST LEAVE THE HECK OUT OF HERE AND NEVER BOTHER JIYEON AGAIN!” she stormed off and Minseok didn’t stop her anymore.

 

So yeah, there goes my double update. haha. Thank you again! Please don't be shy to send out your thoughts of this story. Feel free to subscribe and upvote if my story is deserving of it. Thank you once again! xoxo. :))