Confessions

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9tvcOSnIA - Love in the Ice by Tohoshinki

 

Baekhyun opened the door and saw Chanyeol crying on the bed. He doesn’t know how to comfort him for he is not used to seeing his friend that messed up. He just walked up to him and sat beside him, waiting for Chanyeol to realize that he’s there.

 

“How long have you been here?”

 

“Long enough to hear you sniffing in your mucus. Seriously dude, you didn’t even feel your door open and your bed move?”

 

“No. Sorry, I was busy crying here in case you didn’t notice.”

 

“Oh I see. Stop crying. You’re just hurting your eyes.”

 

“But I don’t know how Baek. How can I even stop?” more tears fell from Chanyeol’s eyes as he was pleading his friend for help.

 

“Just tell me what’s hurting you, that you’re shedding so much liquid out from those two balls of yours.”

 

And just like that Chanyeol narrated to Baekhyun what happened back at Jiyeon’s. He didn’t leave any single detail, like his mini fantasies while going up to her room. He told him about Jiyeon’s notebook and the songs she had written for Minseok. What he felt when he read them and what he realized after reading them.

 

“First of all, control your fantasies Chanyeol. You crept me out,” Baekhyun gave him a playful hit on the head.

 

“I thought I was strong. I thought I can handle such situation. But everything I thought I could do came crashing down because Jiyeon made me vulnerable.  I should have controlled these feelings of mine back on the 1st day I felt it. Right from the very beginning I knew at the back of my head that Jiyeon is the game I will never win. That even if I do all the possible cheats in the world to get her, I know I’ll still fail.“

 

“Bottomline is?”

 

“Bottomline is, I decided to let her go, for myself, for her and for Minseok-hyung.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I think so. Even though it hurts like hell, I have to. I don’t want to burden her with my feelings anymore. She deserves to be happy and to enjoy her last days on earth. She deserves to be with someone that her heart truly beats for. Which is unfortunately not me.”

 

Chanyeol got up and took out a notebook from his drawer. Baekhyun was sure before that he had seen all of Chanyeol’s possessions, except for that notebook.

 

“Written in here are the things I wanted to tell Jiyeon and the songs I’ve written for her. I was planning on giving this to her the day before her 30th,”

 

Baekhyun was so curious on what’s inside but Chanyeol is not letting him scan it even just for a minute.

 

“Chanyeol come on. Let me read just the 1st page. Please.”

 

“I’m sorry Baek. This is the one thing I’ll never let anyone read except me and Jiyeon,”

 

“Oh come on! If you’re not going to let me read it then why did you even bring it out?” Baekhyun was still trying to get a hold of the notebook.

 

“Because it seems like it’ll only be me now who’ll know what’s inside,” he opened his window, tore the pages into little unreadable pieces and let the blowing wind fly it to wherever it may go.

 

No one, aside from him, knew what was written inside.

 

-----

 

After the boys’ session was done, each got up one by one and went either to their bedroom or the kitchen. But as for Minseok, he has another thing in his mind. “Minseok, where are you going?” asked his closest friend Luhan.

 

“Just going to get some fresh air.”

 

“But it’s cold outside and you are weak when it comes to low temperatures,” Luhan reminded him with concern. But instead of listening, he opened the door and went out.

 

As Minseok was walking around their area, a hand suddenly wrapped around his shoulders. He was surprised to see Luhan out in the cold following him.

 

“What’s bothering you? Don’t pretend that it’s nothing. I can see your face wrinkling even in the dark, half of 50 guy,” Minseok looked at Luhan with a not-so-pleased look. “What?” asked his friend.

 

“Only Chanyeol calls me that,” and just by saying his dongsaeng’s name, he felt a little uncomfortable. That’s when he decided to tell Luhan what has been bothering him.

 

“Can I confess something to you?” He looked at Luhan deeply in the eyes.

 

“Oh minseok. Go ahead and confess that you are in love with me. Our shippers will surely be in cloud nine if they found out about that,” Luhan joked and winked.

 

“How I wish I was in love with you instead. That would’ve been much easier and less complicated, for all we know,” for their shippers yes, but for the general Korean population not likely. Minseok’s smile was back once again after the few jokes they made on themselves being together.

 

“So, on a serious note. What is it that you are going to confess to me?”

 

“I don’t know how to say this easily, but anyway,” Luhan cut him off and said, “I think I know how,” Minseok looked at him waiting.

 

Luhan picked Minseok’s phone and searched for a certain name in his phonebook. When he found it he gave it back and said, “call her.”

 

“Why would I call her this late? No way!” Minseok put his phone back in his pocket without looking at who Luhan searched for. He continued to walk with Luhan alongside him trying to get hold of the gadget again.

 

“Luhan, just stop please. I’m not going to call her and say ‘I love you Jiyeon. Let’s be together even though I know that your time is limited.’ Hell no!”

 

“You thought it was Jiyeon I was letting you call?” Minseok looked confused. But Luhan immediately confessed that it was her and asked, “why won’t you call her? You just said it yourself that you wanted to be with her.”

 

“Because it’s wrong. It’s wrong that I’m feeling this way over her. I shouldn’t be,” Luhan is trying to figure out how to explain things to Minseok in a calm yet strong argument.

 

“Minseok, love is…” The two stopped when they heard someone’s phone ringing. Minseok realized that it was his and was happy yet nervous to see the name on the screen.

 

“It’s her.”

 

“Answer it now then,” Minseok took a deep breath before pressing the answer key.

 

“Hi Jiyeon. Why’d you call?” he asked nervously.

 

“Huh? I should be the one asking you that,” you were already confused with Minseok’s question.

 

“What? I didn’t call you,” it was late for him to realize that he must have pressed something on his phone when Luhan was trying to convince him to call you.

 

“Yes you did Minseok,” Minseok and Luhan were panicking silently thinking whether you heard their conversation about the former being in love with you.

 

“Hello? Hello?” you made your voice louder thinking that Minseok forgot that you were on the other line.

 

“Yeah. Uhmm, it’s pretty late now. I think we should call this a night. I’ll just see you tomorrow then. Good night,” and just like that Minseok hung up and you were left wondering whether what you heard on the phone when he called was real or was just a figment of your crazy imagination.

 

“Did he really say he was in love with me?” you pondered on that question until you fell asleep and went to dreamland. 

 

 

Hi guys! :))) How's this chapter, with some BaekYeol and Xiuhan? lols. Well anyway, I wanted to take this opportunity to promote the new fic I'm writing. It's entitled, Law of the Island starring Chanyeol and you. It's inspired by Chanyeol when he was in Law of the Jungle, if you guys have watched it. The 1st chapter is already up. I hope that you'll support it as much as you supported 30 Days. Thank you for continuously reading. <3