Support System

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9aFL4cl5Q - Sha Sha de Yong Qi by VENK

 

D-24

 

The EXO members woke up earlier than usual. They’re even more excited to watch Minseok’s game compared to Minseok himself. He was more nervous than excited. He doesn’t want to let the team, his EXO members and himself down. Most importantly, he doesn’t want to let you down after what you have done for him.

 

“Hey dude it’s going to be ok. You’re good. And you had your practice yesterday. Just relax. We’ll support you no matter what.” Luhan assured his soccer-mate member.

 

“Thanks Luhan.” Minseok replied with a smile. He felt calmer at least.

 

“I can’t wait to see Jiyeon again! It’s been days since we first met her. I kind of miss her you know that.”

 

“Shut up Chanyeol. You’re so random.”

 

“What?! I suppose it’s not only you who has the right to miss her, Minseok-hyung.” The rest of the members just shook their heads and smiled at what Chanyeol had said on missing you. They find it funny everytime he suddenly becomes serious. There was a knock on their dorm room after. Their managers have finally arrived. They’ve come to watch Minseok play as well.

 

“Ready now  everyone?” Hyunkyun asked.

 

“Yeah. Let’s get this game on.” Minseok got his game mood finally on. He can’t wait to play a real game after a long time.

 

-----

 

You woke up still feeling a bit heavy about what you felt last night during the soccer practice. You looked at yourself in the mirror and you hated what you saw. You looked miserable and wasted from crying too much.

 

“Why did you let this happen to yourself? Why did you let yourself feel miserable and jealous over that simple thing? How immature of you! You only have 24 days left. You should just be enjoying the next remaining days and not be bummed. Get yourself together Jiyeon! Just enjoy. Enjoy the feeling of being in love with Kim Minseok. Just enjoy the days you’ll spend with him.” You said this to yourself and immediately you managed to make a smile. A knock was heard from your bedroom door. It was Subin.

 

“Hey. You ready to watch Minseok?” you gave her a big warm smile but you can sense there’s something wrong.

 

“I can’t come Jiyeon. I have to meet my classmates for our group project. This is the best time for everyone to meet. Say sorry to Minseok for me. I wish him the best.” She patted your shoulder before going down. You stopped her as she was about to make the first step.

 

“Wait. Is there anything I can do to make you change your decision? He’ll be disappointed for sure if you weren’t there, the girl who helped her with his practice.” She can see your pleading eyes but her decision is final.

 

“I’m sorry girl, my decision is final. Besides, as long as you’re there he won’t be disappointed. I’m sure of it.”

 

“Pshh. You’re just saying that to make up for changing mind at the last minute.”

 

“Unfortunately for you, I’m not. And about last night, I’m sorry. I didn’t intend to make you feel that way. And just so you know, you have nothing to worry about.”

 

“That was embarrassing of me. Sorry.”

 

“You think I wouldn’t notice huh? I’ve been in love before as well. I know that feeling. It’s normal. But just like what I said, you have nothing to worry about.”

 

“I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks Subin.” You hugged her tightly before making your way together downstairs.

 

“Oh wait. I forgot something!” You ran back to your room to grab something and went back immediately to Subin to bid her goodbye.

 

“What is that?” she asked you seeing that you’re holding something shiny.

 

“Oh, this is nothing. I’ll go ahead now Subin. Good luck on your project!”

 

“Ok, if you say so. Thanks. Good luck to Minseok and his team too. Enjoy!”

 

-----

 

You arrived at the soccer field a bit later than what you planned. You didn’t have to search the crowd in order to see the 11 members of EXO sitting at one of the top benches. They’re too noticeable with their outstanding looks. With them are their managers who were sitting one level below them. You suddenly felt shy to approach them but someone shouted your name that made you jolt in surprise by the loudness and deepness of his voice.

 

“JIYEON! Jiyeon we’re here!” Chanyeol’s shout was loud enough for people to look at where you’re currently standing. He was waving one of his hands while patting a seat beside him. You assumed that it was reserved for you. The members beside him sulked in embarrassment while their managers tried to act that they don’t know the person who just made a fool of himself. You wanted to run away from embarrassment as well but Chanyeol’s smile is so vibrant that you can’t help but return the wave and walk towards their direction.

 

“Why are you alone? Minseok told us you’ll be with your best friend that’s why we reserved two seats for you.” The sweet Kyungsoo asked and explained when you had settled yourself on your seat.

 

“Her group all of a sudden called for a meeting at this moment that’s why she couldn’t come.”

 

“Aww, that’s too bad. It would be more fun if we have more members with us to cheer for Minseok-hyung.” Sehun said while waving a Minseok banner.

 

“Here’s yours. Think of this as a concert where people wave their banners and lightsticks.” Joonmyun handed you your Minseok banner. It’s your first banner of any artist and you’re more than happy that it was Minseok’s.

 

“Guys, do we really have to do this?” Kris asked worriedly.

 

“Yes duizhang! We don’t get to do this often, might as well grab the opportunity.” Luhan winked after answering Kris’ question.

 

“I can’t wait to see you guys cheer for Minseok. I can feel it’s going to be interesting.” You received funny looks from the members as you said it.

 

“You have no idea what living together can do to us. You might want to regret knowing us after this day.” Yixing gave you a curious answer.

 

And then the game begins.